PDA

View Full Version : getting exp. in version 2 GCN

vgi_vinnie
Aug 22, 2002, 02:00 PM
I was wondering if in version 2 GCN exp. will be handled the same way it was on DC. When you played, whoever got the last hit got the most exp (or did the most damage, not sure) which really blew for forces, since it was hard enough to lvl up as it was on ultimate mode.

Do they plan to keep it this way? If so it mite scare away some potential forces. not me though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif i don't like the other classes.

gunome
Aug 22, 2002, 02:03 PM
im petty sure you only got more exp in v2 if you killed the monster without anyone else hitting it. if anyone else hit it, youd all get the same amount of exp which is jus a little less if youd killed it by urself...

vgi_vinnie
Aug 22, 2002, 02:05 PM
are you sure? I remember countless times doing ruins runs with higher lvl hunters, and i would enter room at the same time as them, cast razonde (to hit all them) and then cast shifta and deband and all that, and they would all lvl up 2-3 times before I did, and they were 50+ lvl's higher than me!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vgi_vinnie on 2002-08-22 12:06 ]</font>

gunome
Aug 22, 2002, 02:18 PM
hmmm well i think forces jus take more exp each lv to lv up, not sure, but screw it cuz forces rule!!!!

Shadow_Blade
Aug 22, 2002, 03:01 PM
No classes took more exp to lv up then others, and there was no extra exp for last hit or more damage as far as I rember. If 2 people hit a monster, as long as you affected it ( at least 1 damage or status change) you would both get the same exp.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Blade on 2002-08-22 13:03 ]</font>

AMP
Aug 22, 2002, 08:25 PM
In DC PSO, whoever got the last hit in got full exp, while whoever else hit it got around 75% of the exp.

Darrin
Aug 22, 2002, 08:32 PM
I heard that FOmars level up the fastest in Episode I&II. I heard if before.

ginko990
Aug 22, 2002, 11:05 PM
How would one class lvl up faster then another??? they all take the same, and the guy who stated the 75% thing is right. Naturally forces r HARDER to lvl up because they cant really kill anything, AND they ARE support characters, there for S/D and Z/J, and resta ryuker whatnot, and then they run around crazily casting razonde.

Although forces do 0wnz challenge mode, later ones(resta).

ERF

Ian D
Aug 22, 2002, 11:06 PM
On 2002-08-22 18:32, Darrin wrote:
I heard that FOmars level up the fastest in Episode I&II. I heard if before.

I seriously doubt it.

s_j15
Aug 22, 2002, 11:45 PM
No class lvls faster than the other one, and the reason that sonme people level faster is cuz maybe they played and killed few more monsters before playing with you and didnt have that much more togo to the nex level...see?

Rhete
Aug 23, 2002, 12:17 AM
First off, here's how exp works

-Hitting an enemy at least once, or causing a status change to it gives you 80% of the exp when it dies.

-Delivering the killing blow to a monster gives you 100% of the exp

Now a lot of you are saying that classes don't level at different speeds, and this simply isn't true. While every class needs to same amount of exp to get from point a to point b, certain classes are simply better experience gainers than others. The difference isn't really noticeable until ultimate mode though, when androids and forces become slower to level than the other classes. The fastest way to gain exp is to hit every enemy in every room, and to deliver a lot of death blows to get the max exp from each enemy.

Androids are handicapped when it comes to hitting every enemy, because they lack razonde. They have traps that somewhat make up for this, but they are slow to detonate and have less range than razonde. The best way for them to hit every enemy is to use an S-Rank needle, and that's considered cheap.

Forces are handicapped when it comes to getting a lot of death blows on the enemies, since they're the weakest class, and in ult are trained to basically jellen and zalure everything, then stand back and heal. They're not going to be killing many enemies with that massive 50 damage rafoie

Imagine this, a hunter and a force go through ultimate mode ruins. The force casts jellen and zalure on every monster, and then the hunter kills them all. Overall, the hunter gets 100% of the exp, while the force gets 80%. Who's leveling faster now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhete on 2002-08-22 22:20 ]</font>

Ian D
Aug 23, 2002, 12:25 AM
I guess you have a point Rhete, but all I was saying is that all of the classes need the same amount of EXP to level.

saffaya
Aug 23, 2002, 04:01 AM
The only 'exception' to the system, and I have always wondered if it was intentional or a bug, is the flight fan.
A RAcaseal using it to steal XP (using special attack)will get about double the experience any other class would get.

Well, as the weaker of the droids, she sure could use that extra XP.
I'm a RAcaseal fan anyway ^_^

sangull
Aug 23, 2002, 04:22 AM
I think Rhele pretty much covered it all. But what does it matter who's leveling up faster, as long as you're having a good time? Besides the force characters (especially the new FOmar) look much cooler than the other classes (though the other new classes look really cool too) and they have cooler weapons, even if they don't do as much for them as a hunter's weapon does for its respective owner. Besides, who wants all that nasty neon-color goo all over their outfit?

HarleyQuinn
Aug 23, 2002, 05:05 AM
A RAcaseal gets more experience from the Flight Fan than any other class using it, saffaya?

I didn't realise that! That is good news! Now if only I hadn't lost mine when I was FSOD'ed the other day... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Neogame2
Aug 23, 2002, 07:17 AM
On 2002-08-23 03:05, HarleyQuinn wrote:
A RAcaseal gets more experience from the Flight Fan than any other class using it, saffaya?

I didn't realise that! That is good news! Now if only I hadn't lost mine when I was FSOD'ed the other day... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maybe Batman could get u a new one!! lol

HarleyQuinn
Aug 23, 2002, 08:16 AM
Hehe, I'm not sure he would. After all, he is my arch enemy! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Malkavian
Aug 23, 2002, 08:54 AM
That RAcaseal thing isn't a bug. Is an improve made to droids. Androids drain a lot more exp with exp stealer weapons.

And the non androids do a lot more damage with the devil/demon special attacks, the ones that make 50% and 75% of total hp damage. Woth a 50% one, an android oly makes 20% damage and with a 75% one, only 30% damage. This was only for ver2.
I think is ok since androids were more powerful they quitted the HP attack, but since then dont have razonde for take all the exp, they give more exp steal

ginko990
Aug 23, 2002, 03:08 PM
Oh cool, too bad I dont think Ill be using any andriods in PSO2. Oh wells.

PlatinumGame
Aug 23, 2002, 05:16 PM
Welcome to PsOw Vinnnie. The place that will eventually turn you into a catgirl. _-_

vgi_vinnie
Aug 23, 2002, 07:35 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
So is it 75 or 80 percent? I thought it was much less than that because lvl 150 people (while i was 105) would level up twice as fast as me at least, and they needed a lot more exp, and they weren't definitely hitting every enemy, but I was. That definitely hurts Forces in PSO.

Maybe they could do it like diablo 2 does, where if you are in the party, and you are on the battlefield everyone gets EXP for kills. That might not work though, people could get lazy. .