PDA

View Full Version : Lets get a translation on these new famitsu pages

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 21, 2005, 05:52 PM
http://rpgamer.com/games/ps/psu/propaganda/psu008.jpg
http://rpgamer.com/games/ps/psu/propaganda/psu009.jpg

All i can say is...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The mini-map!

DarK-SuN
Aug 21, 2005, 06:51 PM
Dude, Lou's holding some pretty big guns in that second scan (bottom left pic).
Also, at the center right picture we can see her firing that weapon; seems like some bigger than usual mechguns to me.

What's wrong with the minimap? Seems normal to me. o_O
Unless you're talking about the fact the areas seem to be pretty big?

Side note: You know a game will rule (or will be very promising) when it gets the "Famitsu's Choice" seal when it's previewed (funny how they also have the old scores for PSODC at the bottom: 9, 9, 9 and 10); check the first scan, top left for the "Famitsu's Choice" seal and bottom center for the score (unless I read that wrong, but the kanas seem to match the ones for PSO in Japanese).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2005-08-21 16:53 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 21, 2005, 07:04 PM
that's the thing, its the same mini-map from PSO!

Also take a look at the guns, don't they look a little too much like toys?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-08-21 17:05 ]</font>

DarK-SuN
Aug 21, 2005, 07:14 PM
Well, it's a minimap, it's tough to do minimaps very diferent, except in shape (the minimaps in WOW and GW are circular for example); Neverwinter Nights and the .hack games have a very similar minimap to PSO, since it's a pretty functional shape.

Also to note that the minimap in the PC version (as seen in the E3 2005 Dragon fight video) is smaller if the resolution is higher (same happens to the other gauges and so on), so it shouldn't get too much in the way if that's another complaint you may have about it (although the PS2 version will have a fixed resolution, thus the minimap will always have that size).

Hmmm, not sure, I'm liking the weapon design; they look as much as toys as the PSO weapons did, so I'm not being picky about it.

If you notice, the PSU Saber, Sword, Dagger, Cane, etc, etc, designs are the same (or very similar) to the PSO ones; but then again it's hard to design a "light saber" any diferent since it's essentially a metalic tube (with more details and designs so it doesn't look too bland) with a laser beam/blade coming out from the end of it.

Nash
Aug 21, 2005, 07:25 PM
The first scan looks like its describing the 3 classes of weapons, and how you hold them.

In the bottom right it's showing a different HUD with what appears to be the PSU equivalent of the quick-weapon-select. Looks like you can choose between atleast 3 different combos of weapons, which you probably customise yourself. In one he's selecting between double claws, gun+sabre, or 2-handed sword. There's icons for the different weapon types, and the name of the weapon(s) you are selecting in the box below.

Another possibility is PSU might generate all the possible weapon combinations for you automatically, and you just scroll through the list. This might be why they limit guns to the left hand, to cut down on the number of options.

I like Lou's guns in the second scan as well! Looks like there's another pair of guns floating above her, Mag-style? Hope that's a sign of what some of the bigger guns are going to look like. My RAcast is going to be happy! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2005-08-21 17:43 ]</font>

Reenee
Aug 21, 2005, 07:47 PM
PSO MINI-MAP = VARIOUS WINNING INTERNETS AND AN ALEX TREBECK http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif~~~~~~~~~~~

DarK-SuN
Aug 21, 2005, 08:10 PM
In the bottom right it's showing a different HUD with what appears to be the PSU equivalent of the quick-weapon-select. Looks like you can choose between atleast 3 different combos of weapons, which you probably customise yourself. In one he's selecting between double claws, gun+sabre, or 2-handed sword. There's icons for the different weapon types, and the name of the weapon(s) you are selecting in the box below.

You're right, I didn't even notice that detail (guess I was blind for a moment), nicely spotted. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Another possibility is PSU might generate all the possible weapon combinations for you automatically, and you just scroll through the list. This might be why they limit guns to the left hand, to cut down on the number of options.

It may happen, this way people don't get confused with equipping manually what they want to equip for the offhand and regular hand while in a somewhat heated situation.

I'm more hoping they just let you customise some "weapon setups" and then you just cycle through them, still with the possibility of equipping things manually if you so desire (for example, to try some new weapon you just picked up).

Nash
Aug 21, 2005, 08:36 PM
One other thing I'm thinking is that the extra pair of guns floating above Lou, which fire the missiles, is an example of the Cast's 'sub-weapon' ability. Seeing as it's in the section about the 4 races, where the Beast race's transform ability is shown. And both screenshots have exciting yellow captions with exclamation marks! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So the sub-weapon ability could be either:

- Casts have access to a secondary firing option on all/some guns
- Casts can duplicate the weapon they have equipped for double the firepower (this could look odd though with a lot of weapons)

or (and this would be controversial):

- Sub-weapons are the Mag replacements! The EGM article mentioned the mags were going to be robots now that aid in combat. So being robotic they might have decided to limit them to Casts. Lou's are certainly floating like a mag, and Renvolt also looks like he has a mag (almost like the wing like ones from PSO).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2005-08-21 19:01 ]</font>

DarK-SuN
Aug 21, 2005, 08:58 PM
I was thinking exactly that about Renvolt's "wings".
I guess we'll have to see if that's it or not and how it exactly works.

_Tek_
Aug 21, 2005, 09:28 PM
Its funny, I still don't know what the weapons actually look like. I've seen many sketches of weps just like those in the pictures, but some of them don't even look like the in game models. And these new ones are also all red and white. Perhaps there will be color changes again for stronger weps. Like in PSO, sword was green, gigush was blue and stronger, and it went along. Or maybe you can just customize their colors?

Either way those look nice, but they are still not showing all them. In the vids there was a wand/double saber type weapon.

And I suppose those magic weapons could still be used to attack somewhat. I still doubt they'll restrict the wand types to a single tech per wep.

Getintothegame
Aug 21, 2005, 11:29 PM
On 2005-08-21 17:04, Jonathan_F wrote:
that's the thing, its the same mini-map from PSO!

Actually, the map from PSODC. Notice the frame around it? That was removed in versions after Dreamcast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-08-21 21:30 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Aug 21, 2005, 11:39 PM
Awesome! Nice theories everyone... But is there anyone around here that can translate anymore??? I want to know what it says! >.<!! We need some English coverage or something...

Rubesahl
Aug 22, 2005, 01:57 PM
On 2005-08-21 17:14, DarK-SuN wrote:
Well, it's a minimap, it's tough to do minimaps very diferent, except in shape (the minimaps in WOW and GW are circular for example); Neverwinter Nights and the .hack games have a very similar minimap to PSO, since it's a pretty functional shape.

Also to note that the minimap in the PC version (as seen in the E3 2005 Dragon fight video) is smaller if the resolution is higher (same happens to the other gauges and so on), so it shouldn't get too much in the way if that's another complaint you may have about it (although the PS2 version will have a fixed resolution, thus the minimap will always have that size).

Hmmm, not sure, I'm liking the weapon design; they look as much as toys as the PSO weapons did, so I'm not being picky about it.

If you notice, the PSU Saber, Sword, Dagger, Cane, etc, etc, designs are the same (or very similar) to the PSO ones; but then again it's hard to design a "light saber" any diferent since it's essentially a metalic tube (with more details and designs so it doesn't look too bland) with a laser beam/blade coming out from the end of it.

Precisely my thoughts ^__^

As for the translation, I'm doing that as I'm writing this >_> so patience please...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2005-08-22 12:13 ]</font>

Lorsavasus
Aug 22, 2005, 02:16 PM
Limited, but a simple translation for the graph on the first page:

1: Handgun + Saber
2: Handgun + Dagger
3: Sword
4: Machinegun + Wand
...etc.

Seems you can single wield normally dual wield weapons? I know this isn't much, but I thought I'd help if at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorsavasus on 2005-08-22 12:17 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Aug 22, 2005, 07:12 PM
Crap translation honestly... but I'll try and continue tomorrow....

Guraaru Solar system's 3 planets are in a struggle against attacks in the RPG "Phantasy
Star Universe" ------ Introducing now to the public a preview of the combat system!

Until now the combat in the screenshots that you can see, weapons connected -----

what it informs till now. Again, 4 (tomorrow)

---- are lagoons http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Kanjis I could not find even in a kanji dictionary cause of my horrible japanese -__-; I'll try and clear these lagoons with my kanji book while I take the train to college and when I get home >_> might as well consider this practice if I plan on working on this in the future >_<;

RoninJoku
Aug 23, 2005, 12:00 AM
^ Thanks man! I was tempted to try and translate it myself with my fragmented Japanese knowledge... But mine is very very very elementary... And my brain's Kanji library is about 1 shelf of books... So I would be resorting to my kanji reference book probably every kanji give or take about 5 I recognize http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 23, 2005, 12:05 AM
Whatever happened to shim? he used to be our big JP translator.

_Tek_
Aug 23, 2005, 12:16 AM
Maybe we should ask around the forums.

Also, I'm just gonna look at japanese sites when I search for new PSU info, I must!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-08-22 22:45 ]</font>

PhruitBaskit
Aug 23, 2005, 12:38 PM
You could try to PM Shim.

Also, there's nothing like this on any American site. Makes it look like ST doesn't give a crap about America.

DarK-SuN
Aug 23, 2005, 02:15 PM
To me is more like SOA isn't caring about updating the US PSU site.

Dark_Heal_v2
Aug 23, 2005, 04:23 PM
On the bottom right 1st page, it says you can "blow" away enemies.... with 3 basic attack combinations or a maxmium of 6 conbinations.

SSBM style~~