PDA

View Full Version : What's "FSOD"?

Spankster
Aug 21, 2005, 06:21 PM
I've seen quite a few posts referring to "FSOD", saying how it has caused complications and loss of items, etc.

I was hoping somebody explain to me what it is.

Tact
Aug 21, 2005, 06:24 PM
FSOD is an acronym meaning "Freeze Screen of Death". Basically, your screen freezes up and there is a wierd buzzing noise, and the only thing you can do about it is to turn off the Gamecube/Xbox. And when you try to log on again, the game will say that "this character has omitted normal exit means (or something like that) item data etc. may be deleted".

However, there is a way to maybe survive. Check this sticky (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=83644&forum=3&34) for more info.

Edit: Might I add, this can only happen online. So if you're offline, you're safe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2005-08-21 16:25 ]</font>

Spankster
Aug 21, 2005, 06:33 PM
Ahh, I see.

Thanks a lot for making that clear. Much appreciated.

...Best acronym ever.

Genoa
Aug 22, 2005, 08:51 PM
Playing in the US servers increases your chances of FSOD... hackers will FSOD you just because they can... all items that were NOT equiped and were IN YOUR CURRENT ITEM PACK... will be lost. Your banked and equiped items are safe, but loosing those spare weapons and what not people carry with them are a tragedy...

I played on JP servers alot, The Japanese seem to be more legitimate players... and rarely any hackers. I've been FSOD'd countless times on US servers, a few times on EU servers, and ONCE on JP servers... yeah, and it was US player that was in the JP ship... but yeah...

Spankster
Aug 22, 2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks Megaman. I'll keep that in mind when I start playing online.

Mystil
Aug 24, 2005, 07:58 AM
FSOD is the oldest PSO phenomina to date..there once was BSOD, but BSOD died with PSODC. It's the only thing that ST cannot effectivily get rid of.(minus cheating..)

decrescendo
Aug 24, 2005, 09:59 PM
blue screen of death was such a cool term =]

Genoa
Aug 25, 2005, 04:06 PM
Anything that involves Screen and Death should be destroyed >_> ...
Anyways, FSOD can also occur randomly sometimes due to various and unconrolable factors... But it is a risk many are willing to make.

Mystil
Aug 25, 2005, 09:08 PM
On 2005-08-24 19:59, decrescendo wrote:
blue screen of death was such a cool term =]

It was called black screen of death.