PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own one of these?

Spankster
Aug 21, 2005, 07:21 PM
http://i10.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/c5/1d/16_1_b.JPG

I'm considering buying one of these for when I start playing online. Just wondering if anyone already has one.

What are they like to use, and are they worth the cash?
Just asking for opinions in general, really.

back2pso
Aug 21, 2005, 07:32 PM
i personally dont think its worth it for the short lifespan of PSOGC atm, ur better of getting BB, but if u do stay on GC, maybe buy a Sharkboard or this other board (forgot) which can be bought at Eb etc. But i was always thinking about buying that.

Skorpius
Aug 21, 2005, 07:47 PM
I've had it for about 90% of my online time with PSOGC. Sadly, I think most of them are bought out, and are no longer being made. If you can find one for $30 or under, go for it. Otherwise, get a Gameshark keyboard.

Kaio666
Aug 21, 2005, 07:48 PM
they are really really nice. if you plan on playing gc online for a while i highly recommend it. feels sturdy and well made, with a laptop style keyboard. i really like mine.

Spankster
Aug 21, 2005, 07:54 PM
Skorpius: Yeah, there's a few going on Ebay, I just wanted to know if it was worth the trouble/cash.

Kaio: They look really spiffy. Thanks for your opinion.

:]

adamgnome104
Aug 21, 2005, 07:56 PM
I think they're very good!

The keys might be too small for most people though, like they're really tiny and may take awhile getting used too. The punctuation is a little weird since it's Japanese too.

I wouldn't get it now though, since Gamecube population is pretty weird now, unless you find a nice group of people, which is easy to do at PSOW!

Although it depends how expensive. I think I spent too much, like 100 dollars. But whatever my parents spend that on gas all the time. >_<

IGNORETHEFACTTHEYHAVEJOBZ

Spankster
Aug 21, 2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah Adam.

What do you mean by the Gamecube population being weird?

Tycho
Aug 22, 2005, 03:17 AM
Those keyboards are awesome, although you need to get used to typing using a laptop-ish keyboard. But yeah, I wonder for how long GC will still live for you to make use of it...

Goldstix69
Aug 22, 2005, 05:01 AM
I bought one when they first came out at about $90 off of lik-sang.com and quickly came to love it. The keys are a little smaller and has the feel of a laptop. Once you get used to it though it's no problem at all. I really like how the controller is built into the keyboard. Makes for quick and easy game play.

PSO isn't the only game that uses this controller. I think there was a game called Animal Crossing that used it. Cant think of any others off the top of my head but I know there are a few more out there.

Sadly though I quit playing GC because of how the community became with the release of AR. But there are some very cool people that still play, you just have to find them. Good luck and have fun.

rena-ko
Aug 22, 2005, 05:20 AM
its a neat little piece of hardware.

and you might be able to track down its successor if its not for the ascii (try the sammy-kb (http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AFZRW/qid%3D1124705655/249-0503322-1788334) - its technically the same thing, since sammy bought up ascii i think - and it got released in japan for ep3).

otherwise. if you plan on switching to PSU in a few months, it might not be worth shelling out that much money for.
depends on your funding, if you want it for further collection purposes, if you want to stay on cube pso for a while, etc.

nothing speaks against this little gem. its made just like a normal nintendo brand controller. maybe sounds a bit different due to the different body.

alternatively, if you'll be getting PSU for PS2... :

this (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=22&products_id=3535&PHPSESSID=e7cf65314a24c332d0dff422b696b0c7) + some converter (i'd suggest asking them beforehand >_> seeing as this kb might be usb)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2005-08-22 03:21 ]</font>

Spankster
Aug 22, 2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted.
:]

Reiz_Fan
Aug 24, 2005, 02:35 PM
Hmmm... ive never even seen one of those. Where did you see it?

Ryna
Aug 24, 2005, 02:40 PM
On 2005-08-24 12:35, Reiz_Fan wrote:
Hmmm... ive never even seen one of those. Where did you see it?

The picture shown in the first post is the ASCII Keyboard. It was released in Japan when PSO first came out for the Gamecube.