PDA

View Full Version : One thing goes right... another problem appears.

Hrigg
Aug 21, 2005, 09:14 PM
This is a short and simple rant.

Today, I got my Windows 98 back working, and it works fine. Decent speed, much faster than we had it before. There's a problem though.

THE E: drive does not want to open. We noticed this problem while putting some stuff from a CD on to the computer. It took a while to load, so we Control/Alt/Deleted the application that was going. We took the CD out of the drive, and then pushed the button thing to close it. It would not close, it remained open, after several attempts at closing it. We tried manually putting it back in, and it would do the thing where you push it in a bit and it closes. After a couple pushes and stuff, it closed really fast. Now, it won't open.

I wanted to get this computer free so I could play computer games. Now I can't. This really pisses me off, because I wanted to have fun playing the Rollercoaster game thing.

>_<

Jett_Kakashi
Aug 22, 2005, 09:13 PM
I know your pain. Everytimesomething good happens in my life....something else turns bad. VERY bad. T_T

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 23, 2005, 02:09 AM
Hrigg, what did you mean when you said you wanted to "get this computer free"?

Free in cost?
I saw a DVD/CD writer combo drive for $50 at Office Max.

Or get it free of other programs or something? A second computer, is that what you meant?

Hrigg
Aug 23, 2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I meant get a second computer free so I can use that one with the internet also in my basement, so I can stay logged in all day and stuff.

Well, after a little work, the E: drive is back working. NOW another problem occurs on us. My brother and I wanted to get rid of our little 12 color situation, and bring us back into the 1,000's in colors. We have a graphics card installed into the computer, from our previous use, and wanted to get that back working, so we can play computer games. We find the "supposed" card, select it, copy it's files to the computer, and restart the computer like it tells us. Now, unless we go into Microsoft's Great idea "Safe Mode" we can't get in. Otherwise, a darkish blue screen shows up. >_<

In Safe Mode however, you can't use the E: drive, so I can't switch it back to the basic crap, so I can try again.

*sigh*

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 24, 2005, 04:06 AM
What do you mean you copied your old graphics card files?

That just sounds like something went wrong there.

In any event, *points at Tech Support Forum*
*points at google* *points at a sibling of yours, because of course they broke it!* http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Daikarin
Aug 24, 2005, 06:45 PM
Well, no use getting stuck on the law of Murphy. Go ask for tech help here, or where you bought the drive. It may be a spring or another piece out of place or broken. Good luck.

FantomeNinja
Aug 26, 2005, 06:16 PM
On 2005-08-23 13:13, Hrigg wrote:
Well, after a little work, the E: drive is back working. NOW another problem occurs on us. My brother and I wanted to get rid of our little 12 color situation, and bring us back into the 1,000's in colors. We have a graphics card installed into the computer, from our previous use, and wanted to get that back working, so we can play computer games. We find the "supposed" card, select it, copy it's files to the computer, and restart the computer like it tells us. Now, unless we go into Microsoft's Great idea "Safe Mode" we can't get in. Otherwise, a darkish blue screen shows up. >_<

Maybe the refresh rate of the card is set higher than the monitor can handle. If it's higher than 60 Hz, try setting it to 60 Hz then restarting. If you've already tried this, then disregard this post I guess. >_>