PDA

View Full Version : offline

re4
Aug 22, 2005, 09:19 AM
i read that if you play psu offline you have to play as a set charter but if you play online you get to create your own charter is this true

Nash
Aug 22, 2005, 09:43 AM
Yes, PSU offline plays like the online game but is a story-driven RPG with set-characters and cut-scenes. I think you can choose to play as either Ethan or Karen though.

The online game is like PSO where you design your own character.

Couple of reasons for this: people complained about the lack of a strong story element in PSO, and your characters are now saved on Sega's servers in PSU so you couldn't access them offline anyway.

rena-ko
Aug 22, 2005, 10:19 AM
reasoning:
-people dont complain about buying a solely online game
-ST can rule out offline cheating affecting online as well as offline patching / download extensions and with that the lousy memcard situation on the ps2.
-ST kills two birds with one stone - they can claim it to be another part of PS as well as another part of PSO

Stricker
Aug 22, 2005, 10:52 AM
Yes Its true. As far as I know you start the story with those specific characters. Then the online game is the continuation of the story but with your own character! So, it makes sense!

_Tek_
Aug 22, 2005, 10:45 PM
So you could still enjoy the game without having online mode. I think I might fire though offline story mode before getting online, then I won't be such a noob when I start. The only problem is I then open myself to the annoyance of other noobs who don't know how to do a 3 hit combo.

rena-ko
Aug 23, 2005, 01:38 AM
it got said that you actually have to 'fire through' offline mode before youre allowed to log on to the servers in online mode.

_Tek_
Aug 23, 2005, 01:51 AM
Really? That's sounds rediculous. I doubt they would keep you from starting an online character without going through the story mode with ethaan and teh rest.

Even though the story mode is set before, and teh online mode story is set afterwards.

Rubesahl
Aug 23, 2005, 10:48 AM
I also doubt it'll be like that, but if it is, I won't make a fuss about it, I AM going to play anyways so -shrugs-

Reiz_Fan
Aug 26, 2005, 08:26 AM
Hmmm... The story did seem kind of weak for ep. 1 and 2; i didnt really feel part of it. Maby the set. character thing will work out for the better in that area.