PDA

View Full Version : Go fuck yourself Sharon Osbourne

Allos
Aug 23, 2005, 06:17 PM
Because no one fucks around with Iron Maiden and gets away with it.

For those of you not in the know, Iron Maiden has been playing Ozzfest for the past few weeks. And at least for this year, Maiden was pretty much the headlining act.

Now according to the Osbourne camp, Maiden was disrespectful to Ozzfest itself from the beginning of their tour as well as highly arrogant. But even if this is true, it gives Sharon Osbourne no right, no fucking right, to attempt to sabotage their set.

In their final show on the tour, a group of men in the front of the crowd pelted eggs at Maiden. Lead singer Bruce Dickinson responded with expletives basically saying that if he wouldn't get sued he'd "rip their fucking eyes out". Ozzfest security did nothing to the men. Also, eggs aren't even allowed in the venue, so someone had to give the men the eggs to begin with...

The rest of Maiden's set was literally plagued with the PA system going off and being replaced with a prerecorded chant, saying "Ozzy, Ozzy!". Everytime it came back on, Dickinson responded with more expletives and affirmed Maiden fans that they would continue to play because they love the fans. The fans cheered wildly. (I've downloaded all of the speeches, someone used an iRiver or something at the concert to record them)

During the song "The Trooper", Dickinson comes out with a Union Jack in his hands. He's done this in every single concert Maiden has given since 1983 with absolutely no problem. But this time, some jackass wearing an "Ozzy Rules" shirt (or something along those lines) came waving an American flag onto the stage. Security tossed him into the crowd and apparently the crowd kicked his ass.

Regardless, Maiden walks off stage and thanks the true fans. Sharon Osbourne comes on stage at this point. She calls Bruce Dickinson a prick and is met with heralding boos.

That, Mrs. Osbourne, was fucking childish. You ruined the concert for many and as Maiden manager Rod Smallwood has said in a press-release, "What was the point of it all?"

ai_no_usagi
Aug 23, 2005, 06:59 PM
what a bitch, if she doesn't like em so much, then why even let them play on the tour at all?

InfinityXXX
Aug 23, 2005, 07:05 PM
That is real childish. I kinda liked her but now my respect for her has gone down.

Anywhos, i heard Jeda Pinkett Smith and Will Smith were there. Is this true? And how did Jeda do?

Allos
Aug 23, 2005, 07:54 PM
On 2005-08-23 17:05, InfinityXXX wrote:

Anywhos, i heard Jeda Pinkett Smith and Will Smith were there. Is this true? And how did Jeda do?

I honestly have no clue at all.

Jehosaphaty
Aug 23, 2005, 07:55 PM
Sharon's a prick yes, but bruce isnt much better. i looked for the article, but couldnt find it, that basically said that bruce's bandmates supposedly apologized to ozzie's camp for half of the "disrespect" that he was shelling out during the tour. talk about childish either way though. grown adults acting like freaking babies. hooly crap.

Allos
Aug 23, 2005, 08:06 PM
On 2005-08-23 17:55, Jehosaphaty wrote:
Sharon's a prick yes, but bruce isnt much better. i looked for the article, but couldnt find it, that basically said that bruce's bandmates supposedly apologized to ozzie's camp for half of the "disrespect" that he was shelling out during the tour. talk about childish either way though. grown adults acting like freaking babies. hooly crap.

Did you read the "official" statement on the Ozzfest homepage? That one was filled with more "Don't blame me!" bullshit than you can fill a pool with.

Yeah, Bruce shouldn't have complained about American PA systems, and, although it's true, he shouldn't have said that "Iron Maiden is no fucking reunion band and we don't need a reality TV show to get fans". But still.

Jehosaphaty
Aug 23, 2005, 08:16 PM
On 2005-08-23 18:06, Allos wrote:
Did you read the "official" statement on the Ozzfest homepage? That one was filled with more "Don't blame me!" bullshit than you can fill a pool with.

haha i didnt check out the ozzfest homepage because i wanted "objective" news, not sugared-up bullhonky. that said, i totally think its ridiculous that all the crap seemed to "accidentally" happen during maiden's set. (who honestly gets in with three dozen eggs) it just seems unfortunate that this kind of un-needed bickering goes on. and well put:

Yeah, Bruce shouldn't have complained about American PA systems, and, although it's true, he shouldn't have said that "Iron Maiden is no fucking reunion band and we don't need a reality TV show to get fans". But still.

Dek
Aug 23, 2005, 10:39 PM
On 2005-08-23 17:05, InfinityXXX wrote:
That is real childish. I kinda liked her but now my respect for her has gone down.

If I recall correctly, Jeda was part of a rock band that performed at Ozzfest...

Anyways, back on topic. Yes, what Sharon did was childish. But what exactly do you expect from someone who was on TV for (at least) one season?

Spankster
Aug 24, 2005, 05:50 AM
Sharon Osbourne can fucking die for all I care.

I'm from England, and here she's all over the fucking T.V. - on adverts and shows, even though she has no talent at all. She doesn't deserve fame.

How come the talentless dickheads of this world always end up being rich?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spankster on 2005-08-24 03:58 ]</font>

Neith
Aug 24, 2005, 09:36 AM
That's crazy, I checked the Maiden website for their statement.

As much as I'm a big fan of Maiden, I think both parties were in the wrong to a certain extent.

Dickinson shouldn't have made the comment about the reality TV show (as much as I found it funny), but Sharon shouldn't have done what she did.

All power to Dickinson and the rest of Maiden for continuing playing for the fans though.