PDA

View Full Version : Ult Mericol and Chaos Sorcerer question

Talim-X
Aug 24, 2005, 12:03 PM
Any advice for how to deal with these two critters?

Chaos Sorcerer is probably the simpler one - How much EDK do you need to resist his Megid 100%? I know 65 is enough for Ob Lilies...

As for Mericol, I have no idea what to do. Attacking doesn't really stun it from shooting it's "ball" attack, which on Ult is instant, unresistable death instead of confusion. Any ideas for a HUnewearl?

Thanks.

Neith
Aug 24, 2005, 12:08 PM
With a HUney, I'd suggest trying to get a Holy Ray for the Meris, if you go solo, or stock up on Scape Dolls...

For Gran Sorcerers, I use mechs, and run away from them when the crystal goes Yellow.

Feelmirath
Aug 24, 2005, 12:13 PM
Another thing with chaos/gran sorcerers is that if you shoot the crystal on their right side, and destroy that, then all theyre good for is healing, which also means no annoying grants, megid, or whatever it could spew at you.

RicoRoyal
Aug 24, 2005, 12:22 PM
For the Sorcerers, I would suggest a slicer to take out any and all of their abilities. Be quick about it, obviously. You can also try Gizonde, although your HUne may not have the MST to take 'em out before the Grants (don't worry, you'll get em before the megid, though). Dont worry about boosting EDK against the Sorcerer. It's really a waste, considering you need much higher EDK than with the lilies. You'll be better off being aggresive and taking them out before they even try to shoot Megid.

When facing a lone Meri (as in, a Meri and possibly some other monsters, but no additional Meri), try Rabarta. If you unequip your wep and get fairly close to the Meri, you can spam it for days on end without it being able to do anything. The right timing on the rabarta guarantees that it keeps arching its neck back over and over after every attack. Once frozen, whoop its sorry ass. When facing multiple Meri, take your time and bring a rifle (holy ray if you can find one). Approach one at a time and don't rush through the process or they will spot you (they have very slight less field of vision than rifle does).

Hope that helps some (there's more that I'm sure others will cover).

Orangepeel
Aug 24, 2005, 12:37 PM
Where do you even find more than one Mericarol? I'm guessing it would be one of those quests like "Endless Nightmare" or something..

Ryna
Aug 24, 2005, 12:42 PM
On 2005-08-24 10:37, Orangepeel wrote:
Where do you even find more than one Mericarol? I'm guessing it would be one of those quests like "Endless Nightmare" or something..

Here is a brief list of quests where you'll find multiple Meri:
-Respective Tomorrow
-Phantasmal World 4
-East Tower
-West Tower
-Maximum Attack 2

It isn't uncommon to have to fight three of them at a time in those quests.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-08-24 10:44 ]</font>

Reiz_Fan
Aug 24, 2005, 02:57 PM
Ive never had a problem with the sorcerer before. i usually freeze him with traps or a tech. And then take out the attack crystal. Then deal with the monsters before he respawns it.

Talim-X
Aug 24, 2005, 03:05 PM
Ok, thanks for the ideas.

So Chaos Sorc = Gizonde the crystals
Mericol = Rabarta spam, or get a holy ray.

Cool! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BahnKnakyu
Aug 24, 2005, 08:28 PM
Gran Sorcerer - Mechgun the crystal to *your* left (if the Sorcerer is facing you). Sometimes in the heat of battle it's near impossible to properly target the crystal, but the crystal is easier to take out (IMO) than the actual Sorc is, mostly because of its lower HP. If you can't mech it, use your hardest hitting weapon on the the Sorcerer himself. Teching him with Rabarta to try to freeze him is somewhat of a gamble, mainly because Rabarta isn't a sure bet for freeze compared to a Frozen Shooter or Freeze Trap.

yukikun
Aug 24, 2005, 09:13 PM
just beat the crap out of sorcerors they dont have much health. if its in the ruins carry around a shot or sword or partisan type weapon to get rid of the enemies that want to stop you from getting to him

magenta
Aug 24, 2005, 10:54 PM
what i do for grans while there are other enemies around.
i do my normal j/z and then stay still and start doing razonde.. that should get rid of the attack tech crystal the grans have before it tries to do its megid..the j/z would hopefully enable you to survive enemy hits that you allow in order to focus on the grans's crystal.. after thats gone its impotent for while.. giving you time to get rid of the other enemies... i always try to get rid of the other enemies first.. only focus on the grans when its in spitting distance.. otherwise i dont bother with it until i get rid of the rest, or until it respawns its crystals.

Zalana
Aug 24, 2005, 11:37 PM
you could also use a charge calibur on a gran sorcerer, does loads of damage and is a great substitue for not having mechs.

Saffran
Aug 25, 2005, 05:00 AM
I get by with 95 EDK and ignoring the Sorcerer altogether, concentrating on the other ennemies, but that's just me.

Longtime_play
Aug 26, 2005, 03:23 PM
On 2005-08-25 03:00, Saffran wrote:
I get by with 95 EDK and ignoring the Sorcerer altogether, concentrating on the other ennemies, but that's just me.

95 EDK?

How do you get that much EDK?
Like to know because i find it hard getting the 65 needed for the lillies.

FantomeNinja
Aug 26, 2005, 05:13 PM
On 2005-08-26 13:23, Longtime_play wrote:
95 EDK?

How do you get that much EDK?
Like to know because i find it hard getting the 65 needed for the lillies.

Attribute Plate, Celestial Armor, and various other rare/non-rare armors give +20 EDK; Brightness Circle gives +25 EDK if I remember correctly. For units, you can equip four Resist/Devil units, which will give you +60 EDK (+15 EDK each). For shields, Shield of Delsaber will give an additional +25 EDK.

So, for example, equipping a Brightness Circle, four Resist/Devil units, and a Shield of Delsaber will give you 25+60+25=110 EDK. If you're a Force, you could equip an Ultimate Frame, four Resist/Devil units, and an Anti or Deband Merge to give you 18+60+15=93 EDK.

decrescendo
Aug 27, 2005, 11:48 AM
grans should fall to about 3-4 grants if you're at a decent level, pretty quick to do as long as you're barehand casting. otherwise, yeah...either rabarta it till it freezes in place then grants, or gizonde till bees pop then deal with him later.

brightness circle + light relief + resist/devil x 2 gives 80 EDK. maximum in this set can be boosted to 110 with 2 more resist/devils. even spirit garment itself grants 20 EDK...so replace brightness circle with spirit garment and you get 75-105 EDK.

though, keep in mind that non-spell based instant death attacks would still kill you.

Eleina
Aug 31, 2005, 05:09 PM
Try using Zonde at the entrance of the room against Meri's they shouldn't attack you if they do just exit and re-enter..
For sorcerer's concentrate on every thing with weapon which touch multiple enemy's if the crystal go yellow gain a bit of distance and then run in cercles that is what I do