PDA

View Full Version : My bro got in trouble for G-Unit shirt

InfinityXXX
Aug 24, 2005, 09:03 PM
Yes, my brother is obsessed with 50 cent. Now if you don't know, 50 cent is the creator but not "over" a clothing line known as G,G,G,......G-Unit.

*I want to slap 50 next time hes in the middle of saying his clothing line/rap group)

G-Unit, short for, Gorilla Unit, is a clothing company. Now my brother bought him some G-unit shoes and a shirt but during his day at school he had to turn it inside out because it was supposedly "gangster".

Now lemme also state that back when I was in his school "FUBU" *another urban clothing line* was not allowed and is still not allowed to be worn.

Now in our Student Dress code for our school district it says "Nothing vulgar, profane, promoting alcohal and nothing "gang affliated".

The thing is, is that G-Unit is not affiliated with gangs. It is only a rap group and a clothing line.

This is why I am real glad I graduated from middle school especially this middle school. I am so sick of that damn school and old teachers who have racial grudges.(In all, 6 teachers there were fired for racism and using racial slurs)

It is so flucking dumb. So far at the school you can't wear FUBU and G-unit. Whats going to be next? Phat Farm? Baby Phat?

Both are nothing more than CLOTHING LINES!(g-unit also being a rap group)

50 cent is in no way telling folks to go rob and kill some folks. I mean even if gangs were to wear it(which they don't for in our city there are only the occasional latino gang, bloods and crypts) does that mean if they wear blue jeans, your gonna ban blue jeans? If they wore a mettalica or Osbourne shirt, they're gonna ban that too?

The thing is, is that they are popular Urban clothes. And Oh, lord, we can't have young black kids supporting their very few clothes that cater to them.

Well, anyways my mom is gonna be on the news tommorow and she emailed 50 cents record company for 50 can sue for defamation of character. (Think for a second.50 cent has never said he was a gangster as of now. The media has potrayed him as one since the day he came out)

Now though 50 cent does smoke cigs and blunts but the shirt in no way showed this and 50 cent does not represent ALL of G-Unit. The shirt just had the name G-Unit on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-08-24 19:16 ]</font>

geewj
Aug 25, 2005, 12:25 AM
The same thing happens to goth kids who wear funky clothing, or the punk kids who sport a green mohawk.

I had a shirt I wore one day.

It was yellow and had a weird guy holding a sign that said "Offical Raider Hater". I had to wear that inside out.

It's not a race thing so much as it is a genere thing.

Get too far from the happy-dappy center and they start using the dresscode to call you on it.

Happens all the time to all kinds of students.

ai_no_usagi
Aug 25, 2005, 01:08 AM
well, it's not entirely the same thing, but I got in trouble for a Cradle of Filth shirt back in school. the only I got in trouble though, was because the prick of a principal decided to edit out the last word, giving the shirt an ENTIRELY new meaning.

so I can KINDA relate..a little

Deathscythealpha
Aug 25, 2005, 04:55 AM
I think the logic with this was going along the lines of:

50 Cent = Rapper = Gangster

So

50 Cent Clothing = Gang Related

Sounds like the teachers are either mis-informed or just using strange stereotypes to justify their actions.

ai_no_usagi
Aug 25, 2005, 05:54 AM
I may be getting my users mixed up, but is this by chance the same person/school with the racist band teacher?
if so, are you by chance in the midwest?

Jehosaphaty
Aug 25, 2005, 07:44 PM
ahh, one day in yesteryear, i wore a chicago narcotics unit t-shirt that said "you huff and you puff and we'll blow your door down" the dean happend to find me and switch shirts...because it was drug-related. wow. prick.

InfinityXXX
Aug 25, 2005, 08:46 PM
On 2005-08-25 03:54, ai_no_usagi wrote:
I may be getting my users mixed up, but is this by chance the same person/school with the racist band teacher?
if so, are you by chance in the midwest?

Yes, I live in.......oklahoma...

I REAAAAAALLLLLLYYY don't like bringing up the race card but in my city its like that.(its a small town) But I do want to point out that in my town there are other races that are racist besides white people.

Also, the news called us and they told us they picked up the case and they are investigating.

But,lol, today, I couldn't help it, I showed my bro a picture on my friends cell phone. And on it, it was him with his shirt turned inside out and him looking sad(his expression is priceless because when he had went to school that day with the shirt on he was so happy.)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 26, 2005, 01:28 AM
Well 50 Cent did get "shot nine times," so he must have done some "gang banging" in the past. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I think I read up about it/heard him say it before, that he used to be a gangster.

Gangster + rap = money

I understand why the schools around here decided to ban skateboards/long chain wallets. Some people were mugged/attacked and those items were used as weapons.
Tobacco/Alcoholic beverage shirts were always banned around here, never heard of banning G-Unit clothing.

Kids used to wear Wu-Wear(Wu-Tang Clan clothing), FUBU(I had one of these shirts, heh), pretty much everything and anything, and nobody called them out on it.

Only colors were given a closer eye on by campus security. People who always wore blue, always wore red, etc. as it was suspect to gang activity. And long black trenchcoats("Trenchcoat Mafia") after the whole Columbine incident/Matrix first released.

This area was considered really bad before I started school, so I'm glad that it has since changed drastically. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse, or even go back to the way it was.

opaopajr
Aug 29, 2005, 04:30 AM
i wish real turn about happened, because i'd appreciate the ironic fair play.

can we start a modern auto de fey against pleated-front dockers and tucked-in izod shirts? oh, and throw bass and hush puppy shoes in for good measure. i'm sure we can fabricate some notion that they are gang related. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 29, 2005, 05:18 AM
On 2005-08-29 02:30, opaopajr wrote:

can we start a modern auto de fey against pleated-front dockers and tucked-in izod shirts? oh, and throw bass and hush puppy shoes in for good measure. i'm sure we can fabricate some notion that they are gang related. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bam! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tell em its how the gangsters in the Outsiders dressed. Socia's and Greasers. Well, more-so the socia's.

Those guys were definitely a gang. And some schools have you watch that movie during the reading of the book. So you get to see the gangbanging going on in the muddy field, and one guy dies, yeah?

Eh. Its not like his pants were super sagging and he was wearing a big-plain black colored hoody/hoodie(hooded sweatshirt with the front pocket) as that would look way more "gangster".

Or a pinstriped suit, zoot-suit, blazer, etc.

As in gangster stereotypes, of course. Not factual descriptions by far.

But keep your brother level headed about it. Remind him he did nothing wrong, and wasn't trying to go around being a gangster persona right?

Don't let the exposure/limelight get to his head, yeah? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif He's still your younger bro.

BogusKun
Aug 29, 2005, 05:46 PM
I am not going to get into this one... because Kelvin "50 Cents" is the real gangster.

Curtis "50 CENT" Jackson is a pop artist, who may glorify violent behavior... but we HAVEN'T SEEN HIM do anything. He WAS a gangster on his first record. But anyone can come clean.

50 Cent of today, may be seen chilling with cops in Jamaica, South Florida... or Florida Keys. Dallas, Texas with his friend Chris "Bank$" Lloyd in a mansion, or seen at international shows singing his hit songs.

By hit songs I mean...

Candy Shop...
Just a lil bit...
Disco Inferno...

You know... songs that DON'T include violence from a record (The Massacre) that DOES NOT include violence.

And a kid in OK I've seen was wearing a Slim Shady t-shirt from school... so why not a G-Unit? Unsure... the original clan was going to be named "Gorillas" but 50 Cent said it was taken by the Cartoon/Musician-Rock band. So he was forced into making G-Unit.

Tell him that OK (the state in WHOLE) temporarily has a ban on G-Unit T-Shirts in lower grade schools... Pokemon cards are now unbanned...

But he is allowed to wear a G-uNOT T-shirt. Let him know that.

So it's Black Wallstreet for life.

G G G G G G-uNOT! (300 Bars and runnin')