PDA

View Full Version : Like electronic music? Hate the government? You'll love this

_Tek_
Aug 25, 2005, 05:02 AM
"Horrible display of near-fascism in America."
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=249&topic=23060770

What do you think?

digigram
Aug 25, 2005, 11:12 AM
I have video footage from someone that was there... it looks pretty messed up.

RicoRoyal
Aug 25, 2005, 11:16 AM
If you look on page two of the Gamefaqs topic you can find another report that states the reason why the bust took place. The first account by witnesses and the second account by what I believe is some news report sound like they're dealing with completely different events.

Both are bound to be exaggerated accounts and I wouldn't actually give much credit to what either sides of the argument are saying. In the end, I really don't think this event warrents anymore attention than it's already recieved. No need to blow it up into some huge scandal when I'm sure this type of thing happens quite often for quite legitimate reasons.

EDIT: Also, after watching the video, I do actually feel bad for the individuals that were there to have a good time. I hope they get over this soon, so that they can move on with their lives.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2005-08-25 09:17 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Aug 25, 2005, 11:17 AM
GameFaqs? Why in the world would someone post something like that at GameFaqs of all places? So, nah, don't buy it. If he had wanted to truely be convincing, he would have linked to the news story itself, not just some random clip.

anwserman
Aug 25, 2005, 01:44 PM
Well...

Gamefaqs was just a venue to place that article. The whole situation made news, and I've gone to 10 different websites hearing about the same thing.

I'd believe it.

Eihwaz
Aug 25, 2005, 03:36 PM
On 2005-08-25 11:44, anwserman wrote:
Well...

Gamefaqs was just a venue to place that article. The whole situation made news, and I've gone to 10 different websites hearing about the same thing.

I'd believe it.

That's my view on that aspect of this.

_Tek_
Aug 25, 2005, 11:44 PM
On 2005-08-25 11:44, anwserman wrote:
Well...

Gamefaqs was just a venue to place that article.

Yeah it was the electronic music forum of gamefaqs, so it was on topic, and that was the first place where I saw it.

The part I'm concerned with is the people that were horribly injured for no reason. Why do police do this when taking control of a large group of people? They simply go after the first people they see or what?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-08-25 21:46 ]</font>