PDA

View Full Version : Home Networking Issues (solved)

anwserman
Aug 25, 2005, 03:59 PM
I have a *slight* problem with my home network.

Well, its not even my home network, but I'm bracing for what I mgiht have to deal with when I move out to collge.

Where I am staying at, there is a wireless network. I have a hunch that I will be assigned a 192.168.0.xxx address. Well, if I want to use that connection (the only broadband connection possible), and enable internet connection sharing so I can use the LAN card on my laptop to hook up (say, my X-Box) to get that internet access...

Windows sets the LAN card to 192.168.0.1, causing two different network adapters to the same address range. Which is a big no-no.

If I get an address of 10.0.0.x for the wireless connection, or some other private address, it will all be good and no problems. But if I get a 192.168.0.x address for the network card, then I'm in the dumps.

Anway around this? IPSec, or any tool that I could use? Bridge the connections together? I have NO idea what to do.

EDIT: You DO bridge the connections together. With my wireless card bridged with the LAN card, you can get them both to work. SCORE.

Mod, lock this topic please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2005-08-25 14:04 ]</font>