PDA

View Full Version : PSO Plus

Orangepeel
Aug 25, 2005, 04:03 PM
I was just wondering with the Plus version, what are the advantages? Also if you get Plus could you use characters from the non-Plus version or would you have to start over?

Tact
Aug 25, 2005, 04:05 PM
Advantages: New quests previously available online-only. (Seat of the Heart, East Tower, and West Tower)

And yes, you can use Ep1&2 characters on PSO+.

Genoa
Aug 25, 2005, 04:09 PM
--Offline duping (not through Action Replay or what not) has been fixed
--Lavis Cannon untekked special glitch has been fixed
-- ..... blah, I can't remember any others >_>

EDIT: Duping was fixed... not hacking, silly me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2005-08-25 14:10 ]</font>

Dana
Aug 25, 2005, 04:49 PM
On 2005-08-25 14:09, MegamanX wrote:

EDIT: Duping was fixed... not hacking, silly me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2005-08-25 14:10 ]</font>

also better Snaps i believe, also, didn't PAL fix the lavis glitch, i am sure my untekked lavis didnt do the special when i tested it ?

yukikun
Aug 25, 2005, 05:25 PM
dont you also get the quest central dome fire swirl?

Genoa
Aug 25, 2005, 05:29 PM
On 2005-08-25 14:49, Dana_ranger wrote:

On 2005-08-25 14:09, MegamanX wrote:

also better Snaps i believe, also, didn't PAL fix the lavis glitch, i am sure my untekked lavis didnt do the special when i tested it ?

Yeah, that's what I meant... The Lavis Cannon untekked special has been fixed, meaning the glitch for it's untekked special has been patched up to work properly now.

Spider
Aug 25, 2005, 06:23 PM
I think the only down side is + characters cannot play with normal characters, and + characters don't work on the normal game.

Is that right?

Ryna
Aug 25, 2005, 06:25 PM
On 2005-08-25 16:23, Spider wrote:
I think the only down side is + characters cannot play with normal characters, and + characters don't work on the normal game.

Is that right?

Nope.

Plus characters can play with Episode 1 & 2 players. Also, you can use your character on Plus and Episode 1&2.

Reiz_Fan
Aug 26, 2005, 12:35 AM
So basicly the only advantages to plus are that aditional quests have been added and a couple hacks have been fixed?

Blitzkommando
Aug 26, 2005, 03:26 AM
On 2005-08-25 15:25, yukikun wrote:
dont you also get the quest central dome fire swirl?

Yes.

Okay, the advantages are:

The most common form of duping was eradicated.
You can switch between Plus and your old version as much as you want.

Greennill became Greenill

You got, Seat of the Heart, East Tower, West Tower, and Central Dome Fire Swirl

Secure Feet comes in a red box

Lavis Cannon and Windmill specials no longer work while untekked

Some minor translation errors were fixed

The addition of the Euro character was put into the game

-----

The Disadvantages

The Episode II quests were horribly and brutally translated at the guild counters (Specifically, German, French and Spanish).

Gibbles still gives 57 EXP offline ultimate

You have to complete Central Dome Fire Swirl to complete all Episode I quests

Greennill became Greenill

You cannot access Episode II quests in Episode I or vice versa.

Eh, I could probably list some more stuff but that is the basics.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2005-08-26 01:28 ]</font>

Hrith
Aug 26, 2005, 03:54 AM
So is Greennill --> Greenill a disadvantage or not ? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

rena-ko
Aug 26, 2005, 04:16 AM
maybe depends on point of view http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bladehunter
Aug 26, 2005, 04:39 AM
All right, so now we know the advantages/disadvantages.
Is it worth buying? Can I use my PD's in any of the new quests? I'm not putting out 40-50 euro for nothing.

Mystil
Aug 26, 2005, 07:12 AM
Uhm..you say you can use your character im PSO Ep1/2 in PSO+. Does this include..full transferance? Like levels, items, and whatnot.

Just making sure..

Ryna
Aug 26, 2005, 07:34 AM
On 2005-08-26 05:12, Silhouette wrote:
Uhm..you say you can use your character im PSO Ep1/2 in PSO+. Does this include..full transferance? Like levels, items, and whatnot.

Yes, it is "full transference". Your character, level, and items will transfer between both versions of the game.

Ketchup345
Aug 26, 2005, 09:25 AM
On 2005-08-26 02:39, Bladehunter wrote:
All right, so now we know the advantages/disadvantages.
Is it worth buying? Can I use my PD's in any of the new quests? I'm not putting out 40-50 euro for nothing.

No, Gallon's Shop is not in PSO+. So PDs are still only useful for 1000 Meseta if you can't get online.

On 2005-08-26 05:12, Silhouette wrote:

Just making sure..

You can switch between versions freely with no loss of any type. Level, items, quests completed, areas unlocked, etc. are all saved.

Load up your character on normal 1&2, save and turn off, pop in PSO+, save and turn off and pop the original back in.

It shouldn't even be thought of as a transferrence, since you can swap between the versions without doing anything at all (except of course changing the disk).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-08-26 07:27 ]</font>

Mystil
Aug 26, 2005, 01:25 PM
Ok thanks. I had PSO+ since release and I'm just now wanting to switch to it. I'm offline so, having to start over from lvl1 would be a huge bummer.

Spider
Aug 27, 2005, 12:29 AM
PSO + definantly sounds a lot more attractive to me now, I never really looked into it, just considered it would be the same as ver.2 was to ver.1!