PDA

View Full Version : More Xbox 360 offers...

Dek
Aug 26, 2005, 06:04 PM
...brought to you by GameStop...

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/360/360.asp

Link00seven
Aug 26, 2005, 07:13 PM
That's cool and all, but I'd rather not pay $700+ at one time. I'll just get everything seperatly.

ABDUR101
Aug 26, 2005, 07:22 PM
Paying for a bundle of official hardware is one thing, paying for a bundle of games you're more than likely not dead-set on playing to begin with is another.

Those bundles are all well and nice, but beleive it or not, you can make your own bundles. It's called "Add to Cart" and ordering items that aren't released yet. Then as they get in-stock, they're shipped to you! =]

Each of those bundles has one or two games I'd never touch, one or two games that could be utter crap/mediocre, and maybe one or two games you're really looking forward to.

Cut out all the crap and just pre-order specific games with whichever X-box 360 setup you're looking into getting. Pre-made game bundles, pffft. Never understood them anyway.

Zelutos
Aug 26, 2005, 09:14 PM
lol, waste of money http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And is that Kameo game the next Fable?

Wyndham
Aug 26, 2005, 09:34 PM
i know this might seem like trolling, but I don't think that I'd buy the 360 even if they would give away a game with it.
I just don't see as much reason for buying one as the revolution, or even the ps3.

anwserman
Aug 26, 2005, 11:09 PM
On 2005-08-26 17:13, Link00seven wrote:
That's cool and all, but I'd rather not pay $700+ at one time. I'll just get everything seperatly.

Bingo.
Hell, I'd probably just buy the 360 and play my old X-Box games on it. Haven't seen too many interesting games for it yet, but I know there will be some down the line.

Outrider
Aug 27, 2005, 12:18 AM
On 2005-08-26 19:14, Zelutos wrote:

Kameo is the most recent Rare title. So, if you've played any of the Banjo titles or Star Fox Adventures, you probably have an idea of what it's gonna be like. Although, I think it's supposed to have darker themes than either of those series.

Kuea
Aug 27, 2005, 12:19 AM
ya know... I would love to see a new banjo game o_o

I loved Banjo Kazooie and Banjo twooie o.o

... I need to go out and buy those games http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kaio666
Aug 27, 2005, 01:54 AM
Fable 2 is the unofficial name of the next fable, not much news on it yet, ultra extended edition fable hits PC next month with xbox soon to follow. as for 360 to me its meh, they only way i'd get one is they gave it to me, then i'd ebay it. i'm unimpressed so far (no offense intended)

Blitzkommando
Aug 27, 2005, 02:09 AM
Even with all the illogic of it, I am sure, someone, somewhere is going to order the "Omega" Bundle. If I'm going to spend $2000 on electronics it will be on a computer. >_>

Outrider
Aug 27, 2005, 02:42 AM
Still, you gotta admit that there must be some sort of bragging rights associated with ordering the Omega bundle. Just for the sheer audacity of it.

Hrigg
Aug 27, 2005, 09:01 AM
I would most definately not spend 700+ bucks for a video game system.

Since I'm probably getting an xbox360, I will probably doing what ABDUR will be doing, pre-ordering the games I do want, and just getting them at the store. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Solstis
Aug 27, 2005, 10:34 AM
On 2005-08-26 19:34, Oran1324 wrote:
i know this might seem like trolling, but I don't think that I'd buy the 360 even if they would give away a game with it.
I just don't see as much reason for buying one as the revolution, or even the ps3.

Quite frankly, none of the new consoles impresses me.

I am disappointed with 360's games (except for the new Elder Scrolls, but that's a PC game too), know nothing about the Revolution, and the PS3 has way too much crap with it. Who the hell needs all of it, anyway?

But, I do look forward to the upcoming launch.

silvermax
Aug 28, 2005, 10:35 PM
On 2005-08-26 22:18, Outrider wrote:

Kameo is the most recent Rare title. So, if you've played any of the Banjo titles or Star Fox Adventures, you probably have an idea of what it's gonna be like. Although, I think it's supposed to have darker themes than either of those series.

man... i remember when Kameo was suposted to come out for the N64... then the Cube... then the Xbox...

Outrider
Aug 29, 2005, 12:29 AM
Actually, I'm not sure Kameo was ever supposed to be an N64 game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2005-08-28 22:30 ]</font>

Zelutos
Aug 29, 2005, 12:37 AM
On 2005-08-26 22:18, Outrider wrote:

ah....the cover made me think Fable @.@

Kaio666
Aug 29, 2005, 01:07 PM
On 2005-08-27 00:09, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
Even with all the illogic of it, I am sure, someone, somewhere is going to order the "Omega" Bundle. If I'm going to spend $2000 on electronics it will be on a computer. >_>

seriously, i actually just did drop that much on my PC, but i use it for so much more than games so i can justify the price even more so. xbox 360 just doesn't have enough appeal, ps3 looks kinda cool, and revolution seems to be a fan boys and or old school game lovers dream, so rev will probably be my first and possibly only next gen buy. sony does have final fantasy and DMC4 on though....

FIDELCASTRO
Sep 3, 2005, 11:01 PM
http://penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2005-08-19&res=l

Eihwaz
Sep 3, 2005, 11:14 PM
Holy fucking shit. o_O;;

Twenty games right off the bat? Three extra wireless controllers? Plus all that other extra stuff? Jesus, I can't imagine getting that much stuff all at once. I rarely get more than one game at a time, and I still have games I haven't yet beaten.

Eh, I'm not going to buy the Xbox 360 (or the Revolution, or the PS3) for a while after they come out, just like I did with my GC and Xbox. Waiting means that the systems themselves are cheaper, the games are generally better and cheaper, and if the system dies early on, you won't have spent $2000 on a lifeless system. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif