PDA

View Full Version : PsoBB on Virtual PC.. can anyone confirm?

plasmacutter
Aug 28, 2005, 03:09 AM
I decided to do a 'great experiment' of sorts to see if PSOBB would be supported on VPC.

I first installed VPC, and found it to be emulating an AMD which exceeds the minimum system requirements (I run a dual 2.7 ghz g5 system, it emulates an approximate 1 ghz amd)

I set the settings to max out the VRAM and ram settings.

EDIT: further inquiry seems to show the installer for BB is free off the psobb site... interesting considering games like "guild wars" are not free.. any correction on this would be appreciated. Current version from official sega site tried.

Everything installs properly, but the thing seems to have trouble giving me resolution settings (is it searching based on a fixed database of monitor vendors?)
I'm interested if anyone else can confirm getting psobb to work on vpc7?

EDIT:
The system it emulates also has 512mb of ram and at full video settings can display 1920X1200 @ 32 bit color (lag free)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: plasmacutter on 2005-08-28 01:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: plasmacutter on 2005-08-28 01:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: plasmacutter on 2005-08-28 01:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: plasmacutter on 2005-08-28 02:12 ]</font>