PDA

View Full Version : visk or vise?

yukikun
Aug 28, 2005, 09:42 AM
i need an experts opinion on this. heres the thing. yesterday i got a special mechgun. its acually very good. but i already have a special rifle. i have written down the stats for both guns here they are... dont know the exact name to the mech gun.

visk 235W+15(rifle) m60vise(mechgun)
ATP=825 -255 ATP= 570
DFP= 264 = DFP= 264
MST= 0 = MST= 0
ATA= 202 -38 ATA= 164
EVP= 463 -5 EVP= 458
LCK= 20 +5 LCK=25

another thing added into this is im not very good with mechguns. it seems that i only can get through a full combo 30% of the time because im very off timing with mechguns. i can get used to mechguns if i have to though. the accuaracy doesnt matter much to me because with 202 accuaracy in very hard, i almost never miss. so what do you guys think i should use?

Tact
Aug 28, 2005, 09:43 AM
Who said you had to use one? Use the Visk to paralyze the enemies, then lay into them with the Vise.

yukikun
Aug 28, 2005, 09:46 AM
sorry about the stats up there ill try to make them work this time. my comp sucks...

visk 235W+15(rifle)
ATP=825
DFP= 264
MST= 0
ATA= 202
EVP= 463
LCK= 20

m60 vise(mechgun)
APT= 570
DFP= 264
MST= 0
ATA= 164
EVP= 458
LCK= 25

yukikun
Aug 28, 2005, 09:47 AM
yeah i thought about that but if i wanted to do that i would have to customize. and all my spaces are full. i have the gamecube version so there are only 6 buttons to work with and i use all of them

Tact
Aug 28, 2005, 09:50 AM
I use Gamecube too...what actions do you have on each button setting? Perhaps I can help you customize.

yukikun
Aug 28, 2005, 09:54 AM
for B i have normal attack
for A i have heavy attack
for X i have monomates which are acually pretty helpful if your not on normal. i might get rid of them because i cannot buy them at the tool store anymore

R+B i have confuse trap
R+A i have dimates
R+X i have freeze traps

Tact
Aug 28, 2005, 09:57 AM
On 2005-08-28 07:54, yukikun wrote:
for X i have monomates which are acually pretty helpful if your not on normal. i might get rid of them because i cannot buy them at the tool store anymore

If you're thinking of getting rid of them anyway, why not replace Monomate with Extra Attack so you can paralyze those critters with the Vise?

Neith
Aug 28, 2005, 09:59 AM
Ditch the traps. You can access traps quickly using R+Y anyway.....

Ditch your customized traps and replace with Extra Attack, then use Visk to paralyze, and use Vise to finish them off. However, bear in mind that the Visk has superior range, good for keeping away dangerous enemies.

Stan
Aug 28, 2005, 09:59 AM
You could do the special attack instead of the confuse traps. I think freeze are better, and the traps are easy to set through the quick menu.

yukikun
Aug 28, 2005, 10:02 AM
thanks alot guys. im pretty sure im going to do this
im going to put my monomates on R+B to be with my dimates
then the X will be left so i can put an extra attack there
the only thing that scares me is its gonna be a little hard to get used to and im kinda scared of using vises special ability which sacrfices health. but ill get used to is
thanks so much for the advice gonna go start playing now!
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tact
Aug 28, 2005, 10:06 AM
On 2005-08-28 08:02, yukikun wrote:
thanks so much for the advice gonna go start playing now!
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If it doesn't work, try different settings. You never know what could work really well. Or come and ask us again. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fanta
Aug 28, 2005, 10:42 AM
For my Androids I have mine set as followed.

A - Normal Attack
B - Dimates (Monomates at lower lvs)
X - Heavy Attack

R+A - Extra Attack
R+B - Telepipes (As Im offline)
R+X - Trimates (Dimates at lower lvs)

I love the M&A60 Vise. I use them alot with my HUmar. I over-use Berserk with him. If your an android Id suggest not using the special on them since androids cant use Resta to quickly revive the missing HP and the Mates will be needed elsewhere.

Stick with the Visk.

yukikun
Aug 28, 2005, 10:49 AM
i just went and tried it out it works great but the special sacrificed like half of my health in one shot but oh well i just wont use it
thanks again guys

Fanta
Aug 28, 2005, 10:51 AM
On 2005-08-28 08:42, Fanta wrote:
I love the M&A60 Vise. I use them alot with my HUmar. I over-use Berserk with him. If your an android Id suggest not using the special on them since androids cant use Resta to quickly revive the missing HP and the Mates will be needed elsewhere.

Stick with the Visk.

As I said.

Neith
Aug 28, 2005, 11:23 AM
Don't use Vise special unless you're sure you can safely heal after. One use I can think of is when you fell the Dragon, nail it's head with the Vise special. Since it drains 1/4 of your remaining HP, it can't kill you. Once the dragon rears it's head, heal.

If you use the special in a stupid place, you'll end up dead fast, so be careful.

Dana
Aug 28, 2005, 12:35 PM
i always have

A, B, x as attacks...(hard, weak, special)
with alt as
all 3 traps

use ates from the quick select screen, thats done me for years^^

Monomate
Aug 28, 2005, 05:52 PM
personally, I hate the Vise...

mostly because I'm not a big fan of Mechguns as it is...and I just haven't found the Vise to be to my liking...(whereas I freaking love the L&K14 Combat)

However, i recently found a Visk and absolutely love the thing...

I think it's really just a matter of taste...my theory is why put strategy over fun?