PDA

View Full Version : My analysis of the MTV awards

InfinityXXX
Aug 28, 2005, 11:32 PM
Yes, I had to watch it out of curiosity. I knew it was gonna be awful but DAMN!!!! This is the worst awards show EVER!!! I would have rather watched marathons of the oscars than this.

1. Lemme start by saying that P Diddy is NOT a good host. He is not funny and the whole award show was about HIM. Every single bit of the award show was about him. The dancing, the tribute to HIMSELF! GOD, he even makes Kanye West look good on the arrogant level.

2. Poor MC Hammer. I feel so sorry for him. What was the point of him performing. P.Diddy says MC hammer and he comes out shuckin and jivin for 1 minute and then go! I felt embarasses for the man. Then the stars were laughing at them but I don't know why because on the 2015 VMA's they'll be doing the same thing hes doing.

3.Absolute TRASH. The performances were CRAP. R. Kelly should've been SHOT for doing his song/skit by HIMSELF. The only performances that were acceptable were Kanye and Jamie Foxx, Mariah and Shakira and Kelly Clarkson did ok but her music was to loud.

4.Pure ignorance. Then there was the high level of ignorance!

a) I found it extremely stupid and selfish for Bow Wow and Paris Hilton comparing JEWELRY together. OK, you got children in africa starving and you got a big ole hurricane about to wipe out a bunch of stuff and people and a lot of money is gonna be lost.

b.) P.Diddy's shirt said "New Negro". *sigh*

c) 50 cent and Fat Joe. Now fat joe was retarded for making the comment he made on the show and 50 cent was VERY unprofessional to be cussing like a sailor. Theres nothying like 2 millionairs cussing at each other out on cable tv.

The whole award show was crap. It was a waste of money. To me, it seemed like all the stars had a cold shoulder towards each other.(Both rock and hip hop *Did anyone hear the comment greenday made?) Not only that but it was all about P.Diddy. I was extremely bored at the low performance levels. Goddamitt Coldplay didn't even do all that great!

Not only that but I personally feel that a LOT of performers were rob. Out of ALL the performers that have come out the same people were nominated over and over.

The skits were unfunny. They were to the point of just embarassing. MTV made an ass of itself and I love it.

The only thing that was good about the show was the Gorillaz win an award and seeing Common.

I figured that the award show would be like this but I didn't think it'll be this bad. Me and my friends laughed at the stupidity of it. I'm just mad that my prayers to hurrican katrina wasn't answered.

( I wanted her to hit Miami dammit!She could've just got all those pathetic excuses for singers and spat them out in the ocean)

*was it me or did Common get no love?*

*edit by Abdur*
No racial slurs, even if you are a person of ethnicity and it was said in jest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-08-29 13:48 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 29, 2005, 04:38 AM
On 2005-08-28 21:32, InfinityXXX wrote:

*was it me or did Common get no love?*

I didn't watch any.

He was on Nick Cannon's weird show though and he started breakdancing during his performance. That was pretty cool. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Well, you knew what it was going to be.
Why waste the time, to just make fun of it?

I know better than to watch any award shows anymore, ever. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Buy music I like or want to check out, and enjoy it.

Search up the band/artist, tourdates, info online!
DVD's of live sets, performance, tours, etc.

P.Diddy always does something to try to get back in the spotlight. The best thing he did was run that marathon. The worst, changing his name like its going out of style! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
(His last solo CD bombed remember? It was called Forever, I think. Someone joked that it might bomb and he would be saying 'hey man 3 more weeks! you watch!')

opaopajr
Aug 29, 2005, 05:41 AM
thank you for your sacrifice. i'm now spared any latent curiosity in the deepest bowels of my psyche. i now see that my time was better spent flagellating my back raw with twizzlers and rolling in salt and lemon zest.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

Dek
Aug 29, 2005, 08:59 AM
Well, me being a Green Day fan and all, I would say it was a great night for Green Day. Otherwise, everything else was crap. (As soon as I saw Jessica and Ashley Simpson, the show became crap.) The only part I actually like watching was the Beavis and Butthead parts...

Oh, and just remember. It's not "P. Diddy." It's "Diddy," because he that the P was getting between him and his fans... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

space_butler
Aug 29, 2005, 12:13 PM
let me guess, green day won all the awards they were nominated for, just like at the kerrang awards, leaving rock/metal bands that dont aim thier music at chavs with nothing?

Dek
Aug 29, 2005, 12:38 PM
On 2005-08-29 10:13, space_butler wrote:
let me guess, green day won all the awards they were nominated for, just like at the kerrang awards, leaving rock/metal bands that dont aim thier music at chavs with nothing?

7 out of 8 actually

EDIT: Here's what I found so far...

Best Rock video - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Best group video - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Video of the year - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Viewer's Choice - American Idiot
Best Direction
Best Editing (Probably for Boulevard of Broken Dreams)
Best Cinematography

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-08-29 10:45 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Aug 29, 2005, 01:25 PM
Ill admit that green day have done some good songs, but best band on the planet (twice in a row)?! I mean, system of a down or Foo fighters deserved that award much, much more than they did...
*headbangs some more to D.O.A.*
Btw, i am talking kerrang awards, because i didnt see the MTV awards whatsoever >_>

Oplem
Aug 29, 2005, 01:58 PM
Heh. I'm a fan of Green Day. But I lean much more to their older music, like "Time of our lives.." and that stuff.

I like System of the Down better.. -_-

Scejntjynahl
Aug 29, 2005, 02:05 PM
Nothing better than hosting a show of a bunch of snobs while there is a crisis happening. Oh yeah, "the show must go on", blargh.

InfinityXXX
Aug 29, 2005, 05:42 PM
Well I don't know that much about awards given to people into the rock genre but everything for hip hop was robbed. I mean, they had some of the same artist nominated over and over.
----

Also, what did i put in that that was a racial slur?

When i typed this it was late but I think i put in the word "coon" and you took it out. I haven't done a good research but from my understadning and hearing it used by various people....

The word "coon" is not a derogatory or a racial slur it is a word that can be used towards any race but mainly african american use it against other african american's. Its used to describe african americans or other races that potray various stereotypes of their race in front of other races.
-----------

Lemme elaborate on the Common part Hayabusa. You see, he came out (with a weak applause) and he did a skit with some guy. In the skit the guy was saying that he heard Common was good at freestyle battleing so Common made up a rap at the top of his head. The rappers seemed very intrested. (especially 50 cent) but after Common finished He barely got an aplause. It was probably about 50 people that clapped and or cheered. No love at all, If he would've came out with pants half off and rapped about some b****** and whores everyone would love him.

Also, i think the whole viewer choice thing was dumb. Out of all the rappers and people singing R&B all MTV could come up with, is the outdated and outplayed snoop dog and pharrell song!?

During the awards show i was flipping between that and Katrina so I missed a lot but this to me, was MTV's finale to me. I had to watch it due to that I was bored and to see if MTV could redeem itself but it fell on its ass but I like it in a way. Myabe all these vote or die kids and teens that dance to anything with a good beat will wake up and see the puddle of untalentedness they are in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-08-29 19:41 ]</font>

BogusKun
Aug 30, 2005, 11:46 AM
I was out traveling for a while so I didn't watch MTV...

But when MTV categorized Mike Jones/Paul Wall/Slim Thug in the Hip Hop group I cursed them and stopped watching MTV for their ignorance.

Hip Hop as a word, subculture, and genre should be taken serious and not confused with "rap" or "just rap"

Having your teeth grilled... is a rap thing. Bling Bling is not hip hop... it's horribly retarded.

InfinityXXX
Aug 30, 2005, 05:50 PM
On 2005-08-30 09:46, BogusKun wrote:
I was out traveling for a while so I didn't watch MTV...

But when MTV categorized Mike Jones/Paul Wall/Slim Thug in the Hip Hop group I cursed them and stopped watching MTV for their ignorance.

Hip Hop as a word, subculture, and genre should be taken serious and not confused with "rap" or "just rap"

Having your teeth grilled... is a rap thing. Bling Bling is not hip hop... it's horribly retarded.

*bows down* *sniff* Preach!!! Its so true!

Fyrin
Aug 30, 2005, 06:04 PM
I want to know actually how many people in this forum hate rap music and if you can state your reason for hating it.

Saiffy
Aug 30, 2005, 06:12 PM
On 2005-08-30 16:04, Fyrin wrote:
I want to know actually how many people in this forum hate rap music and if you can state your reason for hating it.

Opinion.

Fyrin
Aug 30, 2005, 06:15 PM
Opinion?
Sure, why not. Let's hear it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fyrin on 2005-08-30 16:29 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Aug 30, 2005, 07:42 PM
Well Fyrin, everyone here KNOWS I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEE RAP, HIP HOP and R&B.

As of now, the genres are lacking though. Everything is too ordinary and uncreative.

Eihwaz
Aug 30, 2005, 08:28 PM

Rap? I have no problem with rap at all, really. I have several rap songs on my computer, although it's not really "mainstream" rap. On the other hand, "gangsta" rap is something altogether different...

And I'm not surprised the musical show was crap, considering it had thugs like 50 Cent in it, and brats like Paris Hilton and that Bow Wow kid.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 31, 2005, 01:14 AM

I want to know why you're asking something like that which will derail this thread, and can lead to flaming and locks.

Want to know specifically, ask specific people, in PM's.

The way you said that came out all wrong, if your intentions weren't to compile a group to run this thread over/"good."

Go look up my opinion on Rap music, Hip-Hop culture/"genre", whatever. Or just pay attention around here?

Seriously, what kind of post is that?

BogusKun
Aug 31, 2005, 09:31 AM
Didn't Bow Wow get raped some years ago? Around 2000-2002 maybe? I forgot which year, but I'm glad someone got between his "cute" lil booty.

He tries to go hard, but thanks to make-up, I can't really listen to his music because I swear it's just as fake as that. "Fake-up".

That's the problem with some of these so-called "keep it street thug" rappers. They go hard their debuts... but then they makin love songs and shit's not right anymore because 50 sometimes wear more make-up than my mom... Diddy doing infomercials with Vanessa Williams on that pro active commercial (when the stuff really doesn't work fast enough... but people tell me you have to apply it everyday; I have a babyface and I only use 1 oxypad when I'm done gettin dirty)

I don't really like the down south music because it's just as unpredictable as a game in Smash Brothers (except southern music is much slower and I never lose in that game).

My Opinion on ALL music

American Country music is built on non-talented hicks with horrible singing voices in my opinion. Just about any hokey pokey can be famous.

Gangster Rap music in some ways suck, but really got "fugged n da ass" when 2000 hit. Overdoing it with gun blasts... then making R&B songs with the worst talents in R&B (Ciara really can't sing, Usher looks like a monkey but women still like him... Bow Wow was a real gangster on Tupacs early albums but "Bows to females" on this one. "He went from wanting to be a killa man... to bein somethin like thrilla in manilla man". AHHAHA that's from one of the songs they (JD and camp) did. Just about anyone with a gun, who makes money for extremely rich white people (who were originally the subject of oppression) can be famous if they "Bow" right.

Rock music used to be one of the best types of music which limited the superstars in small numbers. Of course we might like this band who makes less than another... or like the band who is most famous or rich, or all of them. Now I'm seeing puny soft bands like Good Charlotte, Maroon 5 (if not rock then that's good), the Killers (wow bad name for a bunch of good guys), Simple Plan... these groups suck. Chemical Romance looks like the soft side of Cradle of Filth. I do have respects for them as far as making it big... but you wouldn't catch me listening to these mediocre artists. I listen to the classics all the way up to System of a Down. Linkin Park's 1st CD is their perfect CD, so they got it good in my book. Rock is the second most copied subculture (rap/hip hop being first), and everybody with suckass talent wants to be famous. They can if they make more than 20 songs. That's the rock code. Get some songs "fugg sum biyatches" and you're there. All those MySpace rockbrats can kiss my ass because there's no way in hell I will take and waste MY time to listen to some guy scream in a microphone about 3 minutes into the songs duration. Fuck that.

I don't have a problem with anything else, because if I didn't list it I hate it already.

I stick with pop music overseas. They have real talent. Britney Spears is highly overrated and she definately can't sing. Most males who wanted to get their meat beated by her probably turned to someone else now since she smokes while pregnant and her show has very bad ratings... she needs a real camera man. Good thing I don't have MTV now... and don't plan on watching the show.

And about the Usher bit... he's cool and all his songs are way under Michael Jackson's hits and cannot EVER compare but... it still doesn't change the fact he looks like Curious George http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BogusKun
Aug 31, 2005, 09:33 AM
On 2005-08-30 23:14, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

I want to know why you're asking something like that which will derail this thread, and can lead to flaming and locks.

The way you said that came out all wrong, if your intentions weren't to compile a group to run this thread over/"good."

Go look up my opinion on Rap music, Hip-Hop culture/"genre", whatever. Or just pay attention around here?

He could be researching other's behavior towards music. Nothing wrong with that. This is also debated in most music theory classes.

Fyrin
Aug 31, 2005, 03:28 PM
On 2005-08-31 07:33, BogusKun wrote:

On 2005-08-30 23:14, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

He could be researching other's behavior towards music. Nothing wrong with that. This is also debated in most music theory classes.

Exactly.
I didn't mean to cause any type of flaming over the topic. I just figured that I could simply observe a thing or two about people's opinion about Rap Music.
Sorry to offend anyone.