PDA

View Full Version : buy some dupes for 28USD

decrescendo
Aug 29, 2005, 07:51 PM
while i was searching for a new/legit copy of PSO+ on google [as i can't find it in stores near me]...one of the sites brought up by the search engine was ebay. never really liked ebay much...but took at look anyways...because 7.99USD sounded really comforting, though implausible.

and then i was led to this *linked remove by Abdur*

very insulting to people who work for their rares.
you might say it's only a game...but should you look at the seller feedback...you'll likely fall back in amaze/musement at the list of idioteques who are spending real cash to get obviously hacked/duped items. the guy has over 100+ 100/0/100/100 dark flows? yeah.

and to quote him/her...[i]
" None of these items have been hacked or altered outside of the Phantasy Star Universe."

that makes you go hrmmmmmmm...

perhaps, to his credit, they haven't been altered outside of the game...just modified and duped within the game. but i'd like to know how you do otherwise, anyway. pretty pointless statement - cleverly misleading.

maybe it's just me...but i don't see the point of forking over fourty bucks for a game then follow to kill the fun of it with another thirty.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-08-29 18:10 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Aug 29, 2005, 08:11 PM
uh, not too smart to link to it on PSOW either. Took out the link.

Blitzkommando
Aug 29, 2005, 08:31 PM
Wow, there's still people selling those things? Huh, guess some things never change...

decrescendo
Aug 29, 2005, 08:44 PM
On 2005-08-29 18:11, ABDUR101 wrote:

as it would count as proliferating ways to cheat?

Ryna
Aug 29, 2005, 08:56 PM
On 2005-08-29 18:44, decrescendo wrote:

On 2005-08-29 18:11, ABDUR101 wrote:

as it would count as proliferating ways to cheat?

This would fall more under the Advertisement rule.

You can think of it as being free advertising for the person auctioning off the dupes/hacks.

decrescendo
Aug 29, 2005, 09:46 PM
oic, that's true =]

thanks for clarification.

Hrigg
Aug 30, 2005, 06:29 AM
About that... why would anyone want to buy obvious dupes? That always confused me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Scejntjynahl
Aug 30, 2005, 10:32 AM
On 2005-08-29 17:51, decrescendo wrote:
while i was searching for a new/legit copy of PSO+ <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-08-29 18:10 ]</font>

Exactly what does a "legit" copy of game mean? I was not aware you could burn or copy GameCube games oO Legit copy? Still makes me go "wtf?" Are you referring to a new serial/key number? I mean that would make more sense. No?

About that person selling hacked/duped items, just remember ... its all about supply and demand. People have a demand for it (no matter how devious the demand may be) there will be someone to supply. Easy money, in fact, it is the prime principle of capitalism. I am in no way saying that what this individual has done is "correct". But who is worse? The seller? Or the buyer? Hmmm that kind of reminds me of the question... "Who came first, the chicken or the egg?"

ABDUR101
Aug 30, 2005, 12:01 PM
On 2005-08-30 08:32, Scejntjynahl wrote:
About that person selling hacked/duped items, just remember ... its all about supply and demand. People have a demand for it (no matter how devious the demand may be) there will be someone to supply. Easy money, in fact, it is the prime principle of capitalism. I am in no way saying that what this individual has done is "correct". But who is worse? The seller? Or the buyer? Hmmm that kind of reminds me of the question... "Who came first, the chicken or the egg?"

No matter how you skin this proverbial cat, the "chicken" came first.

But yeah, definite easy money considering all you gotta do is dupe a handful of items which costs you nothing but afew moments of your time.

Overall, I look at it as this. If someone is offering a service or an item I'm interested in purchasing, who cares, I'm flipping the bill for it, it should'nt matter to anyone else.

Legalities included however. And in this case, I beleive selling in-game items isn't allowed.

I still don't get why it's such a big deal over the legit/unlegit bullshit. It's a moot arguement in both directions, and if someone wants to "cheat themselves" so to speak by using hacked items, their choice. Just don't play with them if you don't want.

decrescendo
Aug 30, 2005, 08:25 PM
like i've mentioned prior, it isn't that the legit/non-legit issue in particular that bugs me - if it did i really wouldn't be playing this game at all.

i only found it amusing that people would pay real money for duped items in a game. with that sort of cash and attitude [from the buyers], it's much wiser and convenient to run to your nearest store and buy yourself an action replay. then you get as much of anything as you want, how you want it.

edit: legit copy as in not copied/burned/bootleg/repackaged etc. by that i really just meant an official and new package. i'm not informed much about copying/burning GCN games, it's more about security than it is about technicality.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decrescendo on 2005-08-30 18:26 ]</font>