PDA

View Full Version : runnin around

blackinator
Aug 30, 2005, 12:08 AM
quick question.

is how fast ur character moves impacted by the weapon they carry? like would a ramarl run faster with a handgun than with a shot?

RicoRoyal
Aug 30, 2005, 12:10 AM
On 2005-08-29 22:08, blackinator wrote:
is how fast ur character moves impacted by the weapon they carry?

NO.

Ryna
Aug 30, 2005, 06:26 AM
On 2005-08-29 22:08, blackinator wrote:
is how fast ur character moves impacted by the weapon they carry? like would a ramarl run faster with a handgun than with a shot?

No.

However, certain weapons, such as the Spread Needle (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=83&sortby=name), will lower your EVP.

Orangepeel
Aug 30, 2005, 08:48 AM
A lot of swords and shots will lower your EVP. For me however, it does appear as if my character slows down a little bit when running and switching to a Twin Sword (Sange Yasha for me, but it happened with Musashi/Yamato too.)

Neith
Aug 30, 2005, 09:08 AM
I'm saying this before anyone else does ><

Kasami Bracer does not increase movement speed. It's description is a bit misleading, but because of the high EVP it gives, this is the 'movement speed boost'.

As for the speed-up when switching to a twin sword, Ive noticed that too. I think it's because of 2 reasons:

1) The game temporarily slows when switching weapon, as you get used to the slow-down, you may appear to be moving faster.

2) The running animation with Twin Swords is slightly hunched, this may give the illusion of running quicker.

Of course, online, latency can have something to do with this too.