PDA

View Full Version : Which one will you buy?

PhruitBaskit
Aug 30, 2005, 09:50 AM
Which system will you buy PSU on?

DarK-SuN
Aug 30, 2005, 01:04 PM
I voted PC since that will be my primary version of playing choice, but I may get both.

Split
Aug 30, 2005, 01:06 PM
There's a PS2 in my house, but it belongs to my brother, which is a shame because he never gets any good games. So I figure I'll grab teh PC version.

PhruitBaskit
Aug 30, 2005, 01:19 PM
I am undecided, but I think I'll might go with PS2 so the thing actually gets used.

Fanta
Aug 30, 2005, 02:14 PM
It really depends.
If the servers are inter-linked im getting PS2 since my mate will be buying it on PS2 so we can multi, but if its not then Im getting it on PC so I can play with the group of GC (such as Tact) that I will be playing with very soon. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

lostinseganet
Aug 30, 2005, 02:24 PM
I plan to get it for the pc. The harddrive is a very important component to me. It is nessary for patches and big updates. Also I think that the pc version will look much better than the ps2 version. After sucessfully connecting my xbox to my monitor. It is harder to look at tv the same way again.

Blitzkommando
Aug 30, 2005, 02:38 PM
Right now, I'm not planning on getting it. Eh, various reasons for that as well. I might get it eventually, or if it is a gift. But as of right now, no. In the event I did, it would be for PC.

Tomeeboy
Aug 30, 2005, 03:12 PM
After seeing the difference between FFXI on PC and PS2, I will definitely be getting the PC version. With FFXI, the graphics were like night and day between the two... being able to play in a higher resolution made a huge difference. Only downside is not being able to play on a big screen TV.

Rubesahl
Aug 30, 2005, 03:12 PM
PC version all the way. Jaggy edges are enough reason to me to pick that version over the PS2 version lol I have a l33t PC so I'll probably be able to put it all in max http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I doubt one version will have patches while another doesn't so that really isn't a factor for me to be deciding... and if it does happen, the PC will be the winning side anyways lol Another reason: I don't have to buy a network adapter o.o I have the original ps2 btw http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif plus sis plays games on the ps2 so we wouldn't have to fight over the console (like on DC) if I'm in my PC >_>

PhruitBaskit
Aug 30, 2005, 03:18 PM
How big of a difference is there between the graphics on PC and PS2?

Zelutos
Aug 30, 2005, 03:23 PM
At this point, i can go either way. but i prefer to use my PS2 for games......

....although i seem to be addicted to RO on my laptop >.>

Fyrin
Aug 30, 2005, 05:59 PM
I ain't buying it.

VioletSkye
Aug 30, 2005, 06:12 PM
Definitely PC version. It basically comes down to visuals and since the PS2 version won't support higher resolutions I going with PC. Also taking screenshots will be a snap lol. If the PS2 version had support for higher resolutions I'd go that route but sadly that isn't going to be.

Fyrin
Aug 30, 2005, 06:25 PM
Is there a way the playstation 2 can add on a hard drive? If so, that may make it possible to download certain patches for PSU when it is released, right?

lostinseganet
Aug 30, 2005, 06:48 PM
On 2005-08-30 16:25, Fyrin wrote:
Is there a way the playstation 2 can add on a hard drive? If so, that may make it possible to download certain patches for PSU when it is released, right?

The PS2 already has an optional harddrive. Sega has already stated that they will not use it.

Tomeeboy
Aug 30, 2005, 07:34 PM
On 2005-08-30 13:18, PhruitBaskit wrote:
How big of a difference is there between the graphics on PC and PS2?

Well, the difference in supported resolutions alone is pretty huge. Just compare 640 x 480 resolution with 1280 x 1024 resolution on your computer monitor, there's should be a big difference in clarity and sharpness. Playing the game on PS2 on a regular TV isn't even the equivalent of running it in 640 x 480 resolution on a computer. Even if you have a nice TV, the output from the PS2 is going to be the same low-res video.

Now, if you have an old graphics card, or some cheapo graphics chip that's built into your computer's motherboard, the PS2 graphics will probably perform WAY better for you. It all depends on the resources each player has available to them. We'll have a guide posted, once we get closer to PSU's release, for determining which version will work best for you.

_Tek_
Aug 30, 2005, 07:43 PM
PS2 graphics would be greatly improved with LCD screens right?

PhruitBaskit
Aug 30, 2005, 09:06 PM
That's a good question. Will an LSD or hi-def TV makes the graphics look better?

Parn
Aug 30, 2005, 09:37 PM
You'll get more clarity is all, kind of like how you get more clarity with digital cable on a HDTV than you would the same movie or show on standard analog cable on your average $100 television.

astuarlen
Aug 30, 2005, 09:37 PM
Oh, PC definitely!
I have to justify my buying a $300+ graphics card somehow. Plus, I've always prefered PC to console gaming.

Zuljin
Sep 1, 2005, 11:48 AM
PC. All consoles should be eliminated since the PC is far superior.

I hope the servers are seperate. I don't want to play with some kid on a PS2. Then again, it would be fun to teach those Game Shark users that they can't do anything to a PC gamer.

_Tek_
Sep 1, 2005, 12:32 PM
stereotyped^

good job.

Rubesahl
Sep 1, 2005, 12:53 PM
Well even though PCs are more ahead, I don't think consoles should be eliminated O_o Though it is true that there are annoying people in console gaming, in PC there are also very annoying people who just think they're better than others o.o I don't mean you btw, I'm talking from experience. I love consoles, the ease of getting into the game, the lower chances of problems, easy connectivity to a TV, lighter and easier to take with you, amazing graphics with less the power (and price) of a PC cause of the variability the PCs have it's harder to do the same thing if you know everyone has the same specs o.o; Playing splitscreen is easier on consoles (unless you go by the trouble of connecting 4 PCs to a TV and then splitting the screens manually o.o or have a lan party which is more of a mess >_> ) yeah you can play online but it's not the same as having the person next to you to hit him lmao In the end they both have their pros and cons, as for me I'm both a PC gamer and console gamer http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As for PSU, I hope ST does a good job with the engine... I don't mean in how good it'll look either, just how good will it run. Hopefully it'll be a good engine like WoW's and GW's o.o

Feelmirath
Sep 1, 2005, 01:01 PM
definately getting for pc, since i dont have a ps2 and will never plan on getting one.

Neith
Sep 1, 2005, 01:27 PM
PC- My PS2's about to die the death on me, and higher res attracts me. Here's hoping I can use a gamepad though ><

Oh, about the PS2 hard drive- I may not be looking, but I don't think UK (possibly all of Europe) have it yet...

I didn't buy a new computer for nothing http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SubstanceD
Sep 1, 2005, 01:39 PM
I thought that I had already posted in this topic before, anyhow...

I will be getting the PS2 version. I can't play games on the PC, I just can't. It does not come naturally to me at all. To me, a PC will always be a tool and consoles are for games.

_Tek_
Sep 1, 2005, 10:38 PM
Consoles still hold that casual & easy to use factor, where PC's may be a bit more complicated.

Nash
Sep 2, 2005, 04:53 AM
It's worth noting that the official Japanese PSU site, and Sega of Japan's release schedule make no mention of the PC version. Whereas the PS2 one is listed.

http://sega.jp/pc/
http://sega.jp/ps2/

So if you want to import the Japanese version to play it as soon as possible, PS2 may be your only option.

Kent
Sep 2, 2005, 12:20 PM
I'll definately be getting the PC version.

My PS2 doesn't even have online stuff for it, so that's completely out.

Fredrick
Sep 3, 2005, 12:21 AM
PS2... my computer is total garbage.

PS2 = better controlls, larger screen, and better sound.

Even if I did have a nice computer im not so sure I would get the PC version. I *Hate* using a mouse and KB.

_Tek_
Sep 3, 2005, 12:41 AM
You could still get a computer controller, but that's useless to buy if you alreayd have a pstwo and don't already play alot of PC games.

kazuma56
Sep 3, 2005, 01:54 AM
I'm going the PS2 route, I'm not gonna shell out the cash to upgrade my PC just for 1 game, and graphics never meant much to me, that and updates are probably gonna be stored on the disc anyhow (see PSO 1-3), sp patches are the only thing I have to worry about...which will probably be small or not that large at all.

Kent
Sep 3, 2005, 02:37 AM
On 2005-09-02 22:21, Fredrick wrote:
PS2... my computer is total garbage.

PS2 = better controlls, larger screen, and better sound.

Even if I did have a nice computer im not so sure I would get the PC version. I *Hate* using a mouse and KB.

Not all PC games force you to use a mouse and keyboard... PC Gamepads are made for a reason. :/ Even for the ones that don't support them, they come with profilers, so everything works out.

Larger screen, yeah, not many people have monitors bigger than their TVs, but people don't sit back a few feet from monitors, either.

And the sound part is completely based on your setup. My brother got some speakers for his computer that are the wet dream of every TV out there.

Rubius-sama
Sep 3, 2005, 02:57 AM
On 2005-08-30 12:24, lostinseganet wrote:
I plan to get it for the pc. The harddrive is a very important component to me. It is nessary for patches and big updates. Also I think that the pc version will look much better than the ps2 version. After sucessfully connecting my xbox to my monitor. It is harder to look at tv the same way again.

I voted pc and that^^ is my reasoning.

PhruitBaskit
Sep 3, 2005, 02:31 PM
I think I'll go with PS2, because I have more investments in game stuff. I'm just not as comfortable with gaming on a computer. Plus I have multiple memory cards so if sp patches take up a large amount of space, it won't matter to me.

Even though it would be just as easy to go either way.

Aunt_Betty
Sep 4, 2005, 01:00 PM
My brother is always using the PC, so the PS2 is mine. I really don't care about the graphics, and I don't do so well with games that don't use a controller.

VioletSkye
Sep 4, 2005, 01:21 PM
I would venture to guess that many PC users will be using a controller with it (I definitely will.) So if you are uncomfortable with a mouse and keyboard setup, grab a controller or an adapter that lets you use a PS2 or GC controller with your pc. Some games (especially FPS) are much, much better using a mouse/keyboard setup but it depends on the gameplay and on the person. If hotkeys are supported then I will be using my keyboard to some extent, but mainly I'll use my PS2 controller.

InfinityXXX
Sep 4, 2005, 01:44 PM
I think I'm gonna do PC.

Skuda
Sep 4, 2005, 04:33 PM
I'm for PS2. My PC sucks... I hope ST puts the servers together, cuz from the looks of it, I might be a little lonely seeing as a majority of you guys are hitting the PC's.

oh yeah, and I am so going to be some kid using a gameshark. right.

Satokataoa
Sep 4, 2005, 07:35 PM
aren't they making it for the 360 cause if it is I'm getting it on that( damn I love pre ordering )

DarK-SuN
Sep 4, 2005, 09:10 PM
No, it's PS2 and PC only.
Maybe later they may do something for the next gen (like they did with PSO), but that'll most likely take another couple of years.

Ancient
Sep 5, 2005, 12:27 AM
I was lucky enough to play both the PC and PS2 demo of PSU at E3. So I can certainly say that the PC version is MUCH better looking than the PS2 counterpart. It doesnt look hidious on the PS2, but the clarity and texture difference of the PC version might make it seem that way by comparison.

The PS2 version did play a bit better though, but that was only because the PC version's controller (at this booth) was not button mapped properly. Too many fat sweaty nerds man-handling it I guess...

Assuming the recomended specs on the PC version dont make me plunk down green for a new Vid card or something, I'm going with the PC version.

...or course I still hold out hope that Sega pulls its head out of it rear and makes an Xbox 360 version...

Crystal_Shard
Sep 5, 2005, 03:38 AM
I intend to buy the PC ver. if my computer can be upgraded sufficiently in time.

I'm not going to settle for potentially less powerful graphics over something that's slightly better user-friendly-wise. Plus if you take into account other things like updates And if they incorporate the same short-cut system used for BB in the PC ver. of PSU... ^_^

However that's a best case scenario, since, upgrading my PC might be out of my range for a while... As it is, my PC can barely even handle BB's graphic engine (and I haven't tried it yet, this is from specs alone) let alone handle PSU's improved graphics. -_-'

Oh well.

Hrigg
Sep 5, 2005, 08:46 AM
I serious doubt I'm getting it. If I can get it, I'm getting it for PC.

Saiffy
Sep 5, 2005, 11:44 AM
PS2... Why? If the servers aren't linked for PC and PS2. I wanna be able to play with somebody else I know has to go the PS2 route. Which right now is most people I know are getting PSU.

I played FFXI on the PS2 version, so I'm used to the low-res... Besides, I get kicked off my PC so randomly I wouldn't get much playtime in.

Zelutos
Sep 5, 2005, 02:41 PM
On 2005-09-05 09:44, Saiffy wrote:
PS2... Why? If the servers aren't linked for PC and PS2. I wanna be able to play with somebody else I know has to go the PS2 route. Which right now is most people I know are getting PSU.

I played FFXI on the PS2 version, so I'm used to the low-res... Besides, I get kicked off my PC so randomly I wouldn't get much playtime in.

don't worry Saiffy, i'll play with you on the PS2

DarK-SuN
Sep 5, 2005, 05:24 PM
On 2005-09-05 09:44, Saiffy wrote:
They did say they were working to have both be compatible, so I wouldn't worry too much (just a little in case they don't make it compatible in the end) about which version you decide to buy.

Dek
Sep 5, 2005, 09:57 PM
To be honest, I don't plan to get this at the moment...

However, if I do, I would probably go with the PC version mostly because of the advances in the PC technology and, therefore, making the animations and gameplay much more smoother. Hell, I have been making plans to build a computer that uses nVidia's SLI technology. What better way to test out the technology than with a beautiful game like this. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

_Tek_
Sep 6, 2005, 02:41 AM
I stuck with ps2, since I'm trying to invest into it, with such games as DMC, shinobi, gungrave, my collection is going to grow. I don't want to take money out of that and put it into a computer for one game.

PhruitBaskit
Sep 6, 2005, 12:23 PM
Yes! We need more people with PSU on PS2!

googles
Sep 8, 2005, 01:04 PM
Pc definitely, just hope my comp can run it good. I might end up getting both anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: googles on 2005-09-08 11:04 ]</font>

PhruitBaskit
Sep 23, 2005, 12:11 PM
All the PC players say that they're getting the PC version because the PCs have way better graphics. How much better are the PCs graphics if you don't have a $300 grapics card? I mean like without the souped up card are the graphics still THAT much better or is it just a little bit better?

Shadowhanto
Sep 23, 2005, 02:55 PM
I refuse to get it for PC because real time...PC....Keyboard...?
My control is all I really need..even if I can get it for PC...

VioletSkye
Sep 23, 2005, 03:14 PM
On 2005-09-23 10:11, PhruitBaskit wrote:
All the PC players say that they're getting the PC version because the PCs have way better graphics. How much better are the PCs graphics if you don't have a $300 grapics card? I mean like without the souped up card are the graphics still THAT much better or is it just a little bit better?

Worse case scenario for a PC is most likely going to be 800x600 resolution (with some/most eyecandy effects turned off/down.) compared to the 640x480 resolution of the PS2 which will render the effects the best it can. Also, unless you are on an LCD or Plasma TV, the PC monitor will look alot crisper. The downside is that it probably won't be as large as the TV screen you would play the PS2 version on. Even though the graphics have alot more potential on the PC version, I would hardly say that the PS2 will look bad, in fact I'm sure it will look gorgeous also.

ecchichuu
Sep 23, 2005, 04:11 PM
I need more info on pc requirements and difference b/w ps2 and pc graphics etc., but I hope to get the PC version. My 4-year old PC was able to run ffxi pretty well, so hopefully it can run PSU pretty decent too.

I wanted to upgrade my PC with some RAM and a cheap graphics card, but I learned my PC uses DRAM, which is ridiculously expensive.

PSO_Monkey
Sep 23, 2005, 04:16 PM
My PC sucks

Rion772
Sep 23, 2005, 05:51 PM
PS2 is my only choice, my pc also kicks me off frequently and i can garauntee i don't have the requirements to play. The graphics are going to be good on both PS2 and PC but pc will be better if you have a good pc..which i dont. i just hope ther will be some people to play w/ on the PS2 version that are gonna' play for a good long time

Kent
Sep 23, 2005, 09:31 PM
On 2005-09-23 13:14, VioletSkye wrote:

Worse case scenario for a PC is most likely going to be 800x600 resolution (with some/most eyecandy effects turned off/down.) compared to the 640x480 resolution of the PS2 which will render the effects the best it can. Also, unless you are on an LCD or Plasma TV, the PC monitor will look alot crisper. The downside is that it probably won't be as large as the TV screen you would play the PS2 version on. Even though the graphics have alot more potential on the PC version, I would hardly say that the PS2 will look bad, in fact I'm sure it will look gorgeous also.

Don't forget that most people sit a few feet away from a TV, on a couch or something, whereas PC users are right at their desks.

OdinTyler
Sep 23, 2005, 10:56 PM
PS2 for me. My comp is decent but crap for VRAM so theres alot of games I cant do on here. Besides, Im a video gamer not a PC gamer. True it wont be as enhanced as pc but I should be ok with the PS2 version, as long as Sega gives us hardcore players enough for us to be happy with. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dre_o
Sep 23, 2005, 11:09 PM
PS2 for me. My comp is decent but crap for VRAM so theres alot of games I cant do on here. Besides, Im a video gamer not a PC gamer. True it wont be as enhanced as pc but I should be ok with the PS2 version, as long as Sega gives us hardcore players enough for us to be happy with.

My problem and answer exactly.

(I still wish it to be on XBox but o well)

________
volcano vaporizer digital (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)

OdinTyler
Sep 23, 2005, 11:34 PM
Well ive already been involved on an online game for PS2 as is so Im used to playing online for it. Besides, as much fun as that game is, Ive been a fan of PS for MUCH MUCH MUCH longer. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ecchichuu
Sep 24, 2005, 11:09 AM
Before I was unsure which version to get but now I'm positive I will get the PC version.

I was worried about meeting pc requirements but I remembered that my PC has been able to run 'ps2 level' games like ffxi, chaos legion, and ggxx reload at 800x600-1024x768 res with extra effects turned off.

When the game comes out I will probably plop down $30 for a new graphics card since my current card sells for about $13 on ebay. Double my power!

PhruitBaskit
Sep 26, 2005, 03:28 PM
On 2005-09-23 13:14, VioletSkye wrote:

I'm going with PS2 regardless of the graphics, and I know they'll be kick ass anyways. I was just wondering if a computer with an expensive graphics card is THAT much better than a computer without one.

Rubesahl
Sep 26, 2005, 06:04 PM
Actually, it's quite the improvement. Not something earth-shattering but the quality in general is much better. In BB I had the luck of playing it with my Radeon x800 pro (which is a year old in technology but still pretty expensive) and I could put max AA and AF which made the game look spectacular. Plus it moved incredibly smooth. So yes it does make a difference, technology improves together with quality. Me and my sister (she has a ati radeon 9200) could both put the same resolutions, same AA and AF settings and it would still look incredibly better in my PC in terms of quality of the visuals and speed. Even the jaggy edges are almost unnoticeable. Same thing happened with FFXI (and FFXI has a CRAPTASTIC engine, it still moved slow in my PC >_>;; I have an athlon 64 too <_<;; )

Kent
Sep 27, 2005, 03:15 AM
On 2005-09-26 16:04, Rubesahl wrote:
Same thing happened with FFXI (and FFXI has a CRAPTASTIC engine, it still moved slow in my PC >_>;; I have an athlon 64 too <_<;; )

...Right, that explains why FFXI runs fine on my computer, on high detail settings, when I have an AMD AthlonXP @ 2.1GHz, 768MB RAM, and a GeForce FX 5700. :/ Settings were made to be turned down if your system isn't up to snuff for the game.

I've seen that game running on a GeForce 6800, too, and it completely puts my system to shame. Just imagine a 7000-series...

Spider
Sep 27, 2005, 06:38 AM
Well I plan on buying a decent computer soon, so I voted PC, but if I cannot get a PC by the time its released, I'll guess I'd end up getting a PS2 then I'd have a DC/GC/Xbox and PS2 :S

PhruitBaskit
Sep 27, 2005, 03:51 PM
On 2005-08-30 15:59, Fyrin wrote:
I ain't buying it.

Here's a question...Why in the hell would you possibly not be buying PSU!?!

Split
Sep 27, 2005, 04:04 PM
On 2005-09-27 13:51, PhruitBaskit wrote:

I ain't buying it.

Yeah, and who's the other person who said he/she wasn't? Why I oughta....! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

lostinseganet
Sep 27, 2005, 09:09 PM
On 2005-09-23 12:55, Shadowhanto wrote:

They sell PlayStation 2, and X-box like controllers for the Personal Computer.

Sharkyland
Sep 27, 2005, 11:03 PM
PS2, right now... but I'm worried what the specs they REALLY need for it. I bet you I need to buy a HD. :/

Best place to buy it would be Radioshack. Now if you were out of the US, hmm... that could be something I'm not familiar with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2005-09-27 21:06 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 28, 2005, 08:43 AM
On 2005-09-27 19:09, lostinseganet wrote:

They sell PlayStation 2, and X-box like controllers for the Personal Computer.

The wired version of the Xbox 360 controller will work with PCs, as well.

Kupi
Sep 28, 2005, 09:30 AM
I have a gaming-capable PC.

I do not have a gaming-capable PS2.

Scratch that, I don't have a PS2 at all.

Therefore, I'm getting the computer version. QED

Fyrin
Sep 28, 2005, 02:56 PM
On 2005-09-27 14:04, Split wrote:

On 2005-09-27 13:51, PhruitBaskit wrote:

I ain't buying it.

Yeah, and who's the other person who said he/she wasn't? Why I oughta....! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I just don't want to be disappointed. That's why I'm not buying it.

_Tek_
Sep 28, 2005, 03:59 PM
Yeah I don't want to be disapointed with life, so I'll end it now. lol

Cynric
Sep 28, 2005, 04:13 PM
On 2005-09-28 12:56, Fyrin wrote:

I just don't want to be disappointed. That's why I'm not buying it.

Worst logic EVER.

If you're worried about being disappointed, then cut yourself off from all PSU info until the game comes out and judge it based on what it is. Don't just blow it off completely because it might not live up to expectations. <_<

Fyrin
Sep 28, 2005, 04:27 PM
On 2005-09-28 13:59, _Tek_ wrote:
Yeah I don't want to be disapointed with life, so I'll end it now. lol

lol
Yeah..

Luce
Sep 28, 2005, 05:10 PM
I dont see why everyones so caught up on the graphics i mean come on its phantsy star which was has never been great on graphics, it doesnt have to be the online itself gives it the special quality, even if the pc gives nicer graphics consoles will kick the pc's general gameplays' ass

PhruitBaskit
Sep 28, 2005, 05:30 PM
On 2005-09-28 15:10, Luce wrote:
I dont see why everyones so caught up on the graphics i mean come on its phantsy star which was has never been great on graphics, it doesnt have to be the online itself gives it the special quality, even if the pc gives nicer graphics consoles will kick the pc's general gameplays' ass

Truer words have never been spoken. Let's hear it for a true Phantasy Star fan! (consoles do kick pc ass dont they)

VioletSkye
Sep 28, 2005, 05:32 PM
On 2005-09-28 15:10, Luce wrote:

whaaa???? how do you figure? Using a PC compatible game controller or adapter makes it play exactly like the console. Now add in the fact that hotkeys may be utilized and PC gameplay has an advantage over its console cousin.

Dre_o
Sep 28, 2005, 05:56 PM
whaaa???? how do you figure? Using a PC compatible game controller or adapter makes it play exactly like the console. Now add in the fact that hotkeys may be utilized and PC gameplay has an advantage over its console cousin.

MMMK here's how I see that, not All of us have enough money to go buy a top of the line computer ( this sounds oddly familiar). And even if we did, MAYBE WE JUST DON'T LIKE COMPUTER GAMING THAT MUCH.

But also on the post two above, Indeed, truer words never spoken.

VioletSkye
Sep 28, 2005, 06:33 PM
On 2005-09-28 15:56, Dre_o wrote:

MMMK here's how I see that, not All of us have enough money to go buy a top of the line computer ( this sounds oddly familiar). And even if we did, MAYBE WE JUST DON'T LIKE COMPUTER GAMING THAT MUCH.

But also on the post two above, Indeed, truer words never spoken.

A. You don't need a top of the line pc to run PSU (if you look at the minimum specs you'd see that it doesn't require a monster machine to run. In fact even the recommended specs are meager compared to what is required to run alot of other popular titles.) Basically even older, outdated machines should be able to run PSU as long as it meets the minimum requirements.

B. If you don't like PC gaming, then great, who said you had to like PC gaming? Nevermind that it can offer alot more depth and realism than any console game. It really depends on the type of games you like. I love my consoles and I agree some games were definitely meant for a console, but I also love alot of PC games that either can't be done on a console or can't be done as well on a console.

C. The argument that truer words were never spoken is null and void in terms of gameplay since the PC version and the PS2 version play EXACTLY the same, especially with a PC compatible controller or controller adapter.) When I played the Beta for PSOBB US, I used my GC controller and mapped the keys so that it played EXACTLY like PSO GC.

I wasn't insulting the PS2 players (in fact in this very thread I pointed out that I'm sure the PS2 version will still look great and be just as much fun as the PC version.) What I was trying to say is that the means by which the game is played can be identical (ie. using a controller) and that if hotkeys are used in the PC version, it will give it a slight advantage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-09-28 16:35 ]</font>

Luce
Sep 28, 2005, 06:54 PM
im not dissing the pc players i totally agree that the graphics are better but unless u already have a nice computer the easiest way out is a ps2 cos all u need to do is get a adapter which is only $15 and a k-b which is only $20 when alot of ppl on here were talkin about new video cards to meet requirements and they are roughly expenisve, only if u dont have a ps2 already pc would be the ideal choice

Luce
Sep 28, 2005, 06:58 PM
let me correct myself here u dont have to get a keyboard probably cos if its like pso u can just push one of the buttons too bring up a game k-b but the $20 keyboard would put a little slack on the typer and with your hotkey issue would that not also work with the ps2 k-b

ShadowSonic
Sep 28, 2005, 07:16 PM
If the PC version of PSU is easily scalable to low-end systems like games like Guild Wars, that'll be the one I'll get. It really annoys me how a rather average-looking game like PSOBB can cause Radeon X600s to start coughing blood.

Speaking of which, has Sega given any sort of indication as to what the minimum specs will be? I'm thinking I might be out of luck since my laptop has a measly 32MB of VRAM :/

Kent
Sep 28, 2005, 07:39 PM
On 2005-09-28 17:16, ShadowSonic wrote:
It really annoys me how a rather average-looking game like PSOBB can cause Radeon X600s to start coughing blood.

Well, keep in mind that PSOBB is very, very, very sloppily programmed. They basically made a half-assed port of the Xbox version, added some more PC functionality, and slapped on some new content.

The end result being an unstable game with a really bad graphics engine.

However, this isn't the case with PSU, as it's being developed for the PC as well as the PS2 at the same time.

VioletSkye
Sep 28, 2005, 08:01 PM
On 2005-09-28 16:58, Luce wrote:
let me correct myself here u dont have to get a keyboard probably cos if its like pso u can just push one of the buttons too bring up a game k-b but the $20 keyboard would put a little slack on the typer and with your hotkey issue would that not also work with the ps2 k-b

If ST utilizes hotkeys, then yeah, I can't imagine it not working with PS2 also which would be great. So if thats the case, then both the PC and PS2 will be on even footing gameplay-wise. The in-game KB is a pain and in the heat of battle who has time to try and type out even a simple message http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ecchichuu
Sep 28, 2005, 11:45 PM
On 2005-09-28 16:54, Luce wrote:
im not dissing the pc players i totally agree that the graphics are better but unless u already have a nice computer the easiest way out is a ps2 cos all u need to do is get a adapter which is only $15 and a k-b which is only $20 when alot of ppl on here were talkin about new video cards to meet requirements and they are roughly expenisve, only if u dont have a ps2 already pc would be the ideal choice

How bad are some people's pc's? I have p4 256RAM and just bought a geforce 6200 128MB off ebay for $36 + $13 S&H. Since I already have a great pc controller (saitek p880) I feel like my pc is 100% ready to run psu better than the ps2 version.

I guess it depends on your individual situation but I have a feeling some people are writing off their pc's too soon. I almost did that myself until I remembered my pc was already very capable of running pc ports of ps2 games. FFXI, Chaos Legion, MGS2 Substance and Sonic Heroes demo all run well on my current pc with geforce mx 420.