PDA

View Full Version : Damage Traps

Reiz_Fan
Aug 31, 2005, 09:47 AM
Ive been playing PSO for quite a while now..

But ive never really found a use for the damage traps that androids have. Only against the claws in Ult. mode to get them away from me.

Has anyone else found a good way to use them?

Satokataoa
Aug 31, 2005, 09:58 AM
Even though I am usually I human But in battle mode I have experiance with them SO anyway.The best way to use them is when enemies surround you. They can also be helpful with the big claw thing IT it dissamblems.
Now that thats done have a cookie http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/gingerbread.gif

Saiffy
Aug 31, 2005, 09:59 AM
Slimes when they're moving around.

Group of canabins to bring them all down at once.

These are the only good things about damage traps I can think of for the moment(Ult strategies, anyways) didn't bother to include their use in c-mode.

Scejntjynahl
Aug 31, 2005, 10:45 AM
Explosive traps. Hmmm. One use I have found for them is to tag all the enemy when playing with a tech spammer in a team. That way I can get some of that experience.

But I use the explosive traps last. In my experience I have come to depend more on confuse and freese traps. They work wonders on groups of enemies, or those megid spitting ones.

Yet in a pinch an explosive trap can help you. Imagine been stuck in a corner and been pounded [insert baddie here], you would think confuse trap... well they are so close to you that they will still pound you. Oh, wait, freese trap! May help, may not... see it depends on how close to you the baddies are... if too close you may not have a choice on who you target. So youll kill one that may still leave you stuck in that corner, or one that will make a gap for you to get away. Then there is the explosive trap. Your thinking... oh damn IM toast. Depends on how fast you are. Put a trap and the second it goes off target the baddie you want and attack with quick attacks (one combo) set another explosive trap... rinse repeat. Even if the explosive traps does zero damage (depending on who you are fighting) it does stun them for a second and knocks them back enough for you to move and targe. Like I said... depends how fast you are.

ayrista
Aug 31, 2005, 11:37 AM
I use them in two instances.

when im using melee weapons, and im making sure i hit everything for experience.

after a big slime split, to destroy the slimes quicker

Reiz_Fan
Aug 31, 2005, 11:54 AM
Oh yeah tech spammers... i forgot about those. It def. comes in handy there.

Well if your traped in a corner wouldnt be better to use a sword or a partisan type weapon to kill several of them?

Scejntjynahl
Aug 31, 2005, 12:05 PM
On 2005-08-31 09:54, Reiz_Fan wrote:

Well if your traped in a corner wouldnt be better to use a sword or a partisan type weapon to kill several of them?

If they let you. Have you ever been in a corner where the baddies hit you one after another, so it seems you are continually been hit... nonstop? When that happens by the time your animation for your attack even begins... you get hit which nullifies your attack animation and back to defending or losing hp you go. Im talking to the point that they are so close to you that you can feel their breath on you. The explosive (damage) trap needs no animation to be set, so it can be done. And when it explodes you have a second to break out a quick attack as the enemy is momentarily stunned and knocked back. But if all else fails... use a telepipe (which also requires no animation) and scape back to pioneer 2. Go back and the baddies have reseted themselves to their original spawning positions. Of course if your in a quest where telepipes are not allowed... uhm... good luck.

Satokataoa
Aug 31, 2005, 01:09 PM
On 2005-08-31 10:05, Scejntjynahl wrote:

If they let you. Have you ever been in a corner where the baddies hit you one after another, so it seems you are continually been hit... nonstop? When that happens by the time your animation for your attack even begins... you get hit which nullifies your attack animation and back to defending or losing hp you go. Im talking to the point that they are so close to you that you can feel their breath on you. The explosive (damage) trap needs no animation to be set, so it can be done. And when it explodes you have a second to break out a quick attack as the enemy is momentarily stunned and knocked back. But if all else fails... use a telepipe (which also requires no animation) and scape back to pioneer 2. Go back and the baddies have reseted themselves to their original spawning positions. Of course if your in a quest where telepipes are not allowed... uhm... good luck.

yeah what he/she said

Hrith
Aug 31, 2005, 01:16 PM
Use of fire traps... several, IMO, I kinda like them.

1) tagging, very useful in a team of 4 players in easy/easy-ish areas, 80% exp is betetr than 0%, ya?
2) stunning, lotsa monsters, I had fun timing my fire traps to stun Dark Bringers when hunting Lavis; there's always Lilies, Claws, Delsabers, Lizards (Ep4), etc.
3) use before confuse/freeze, added damage is better than none
4) use 2 at once (both fire, or fire + another kind), you can lay 2 traps very quickly, they'd explose next to one another.
5) offline (on GC), fire traps deal quite a bit of damage, on my Lv 195 HUcast (Lv makes fire traps more powerful), I could deal nearly 400 to monsters weak to fire. I reapeat, that is in offline/solo mode.

"1)" was my main use, but I find them rather useful, I'd miss them if they were removed.

yukikun
Aug 31, 2005, 05:19 PM
i noticed that some pan arms wont divide so if your annoyed just use damagage traps. that seems like the only thing to hurt panarms while they are together. but sometimes i can hurt them in normal

Eleina
Aug 31, 2005, 05:32 PM
For me damage traps aren't usefull maybe only if you want to delay enemy's following you and that's when paired with somebody able to see traps.just remain with freeze traps there the best anyways

Sizzors
Aug 31, 2005, 06:10 PM
On 2005-08-31 15:19, yukikun wrote:
i noticed that some pan arms wont divide so if your annoyed just use damagage traps. that seems like the only thing to hurt panarms while they are together. but sometimes i can hurt them in normal

Off topic but that is VERY true, in normal they have high defense, not immunity. But I've hurt them with a Lucky shot on Hard too. 3 damage is better than 0.

To stay on topic, explosive traps are almost useless, but yeah in a tight area they are lifesavers for androids( Beleive me, it's saved me more times than any Scape Doll, Mag, or healing items)

Bladehunter
Sep 1, 2005, 03:27 AM

That will change when you get to the 150+ levels. At least it did for my Hunter. I hit 25-35 with each hit with my Dem. Comet. With MY, it boosts up to 130-150.
HP halvers work well too.

yukikun
Sep 4, 2005, 03:46 PM
ooh i found another use for damage traps. im a low level for ultimate forest so i have a great deal of trouble with mothverts and mothvists. after i kill the mothvist i just run around setting damage traps. since i have 11 i can do about 3000 damage to all of little annoying mosquito dudes! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reiz_Fan
Sep 6, 2005, 10:38 AM
On 2005-08-31 16:10, Sizzors wrote:

Off topic but that is VERY true, in normal they have high defense, not immunity. But I've hurt them with a Lucky shot on Hard too. 3 damage is better than 0.

To stay on topic, explosive traps are almost useless, but yeah in a tight area they are lifesavers for androids( Beleive me, it's saved me more times than any Scape Doll, Mag, or healing items)

Its true because when i used to cheat and play with hacked items and such. Even in ult. mode phyisical attackes used to kill them in one hit. So i guess they just have insane defence while they are white.

On topic: Yeah i guess Damage traps have their uses after all, a trap could stun the enemies long enough to heal or something.. but i wish they had a better trap though.....

Reiz_Fan
Sep 6, 2005, 10:47 AM
On 2005-08-31 10:05, Scejntjynahl wrote:

But wouldnt be easier too use a freeze or confuse trap in the first place? As soon as the trap activates it will stun the enimies for a second, then they will continue to pound on you again because they didnt die.(assuming that they are at full or near full health)

At least if you put on of the other traps down you can get away easier.

Scejntjynahl
Sep 7, 2005, 10:25 AM
Ok fine fine. The last use of the damage trap. Here you go, and enjoy *sigh*. Once you have killed any form of Rapi, put one damage trap over its dead body. Run away far enough where the rapi would usually stop playing dead. Once it gets up, the trap will detonate, thus the rapi gets hit. This way you don't have to wait for it to get up and shoot it for its possible prize. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif I hope your happy now.

BahnKnakyu
Sep 7, 2005, 01:53 PM
Damage traps are great for android RAs in EP4. If you see a pack of lizards and you don't feel like switching to your melee weapon, use the damage trap for exp tagging, a lot easier than diving yourself into the mess when you're concentrating on neutralizing the bigger threats around them.