PDA

View Full Version : The official "Louisiana-Mississippi got fucked" thread.

Uncle_bob
Aug 31, 2005, 10:16 PM
I didn't see one here, I guess we're not important enough. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But god damn. Uncle is in Baton Rouge, and we did get quite a beating from Katrina. However, the damage here is dwarfed by the damage done to cities like New Orleans, Gulfport. Uncle would name others, but he doesn't expect anyone to know many of the smaller ones. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Uncle really doesn't know how they'll be able to restore New Orleans, it is HELL down there. Many of you have probably seen the footage, so you know the extent of the damage. But now there is widespread looting all over, and Uncle could understand if people were taking just food and water, but people stealing shit like guns and plasma screen TV's need to be shot on the spot. And apparently a Wal-Mart down there had been stripped of EVERY single gun in the store.

Rescue efforts are being halted and hampered by the absolute LOWEST form of human beings who are stealing rescue boats at gun point. Now they're even killing eachother, shooting police officers, and going as far as shooting at helicopters flying around the area.

Not too sure about what's up in Mississippi, but it looks like cities like Gulfport have just been wiped off the map.

This certainly has to be the worst hurricane and one of the worst (maybe the worst) natural disaster in U.S. history.

This will surely cost somewhere over 100 BILLION dollars, and deaths will be well into the hundreds, maybe thousands.

InfinityXXX
Aug 31, 2005, 10:23 PM
Lol, I JUST now made a topic like this in rants. I feel exatly the same way you do. Its just that it is SO STRESSFULL becaume my cousin was down there in the storm and non of our family haven't heard from her.

She was evacutating inmates before the storm and today they showed some inmates on the news but I didn't get where they were from. My mom donated $50 to the red cross for thats all we really can afford to give but part of me just wish I could hop in my car and just go there with some food.

I don't care about these gangsters. They can stay in New orleans forever and kill themselves but its the people stranded in the projects and ghetooos and on highways that need food and water that I'm worried about.

I've been watching Fox News and Shepard Smith is extrmely pissed but I like how he is addressing that people there are people in the projects stranded.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-08-31 20:24 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Aug 31, 2005, 11:11 PM
It is really very unfortunate that such nice cities in that area don't even exist anymore. Heck, 90% of Mississippi is still without power. The water is still coming into New Orleans and the buildings are gonna start collapsing due to water damage soon. And, hey, it stretches all the way to Fort Walton Beach/Destin Florida. All four states were hit hard, Florida got hit first when it flew over the peninsula, then Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama on the end.

And now there are a couple more building in the Atlantic already. I just hope and pray that those good people are safe by the time those roll around.

Also, I must say kudos to Germany for the support offers that they have already made. Really, we can use all the help we can get.

I lived on the Gulf Coast for a couple years and it is one of the greatest places to live, people, jobs, scenery, climate... Just an all around nice place. We have family there and, while things like this are unbelievably tough, I still want to move back. The ability for these people to rebound after such horrible disasters is unparalleled. They constantly come back in stride. I must give them respect for that.

And, just as a similar topic, seen what is brewing near China right now? A typhoon, or hurricane of the Pacific, is heading right for Taiwan and mainland China. It is expected to be a super typhoon, bascially a Class 5+ hurricane. Even right now it looks nearly the size of China which I find as nearly unbelievable. And this is following a typhoon that has already hit that area just today.

It seems the cycle is in right now for major tropical disturbances. I just hope and pray that these things weaken before hitting.

EphekZ
Aug 31, 2005, 11:27 PM
Can you give me a link to that? ill try to find it myself but thanks in advance.

Im pretty sure I found it

Typhoon Talim?

anyways back on katrina Today I saw three men with bags and everythign they stole complaining that the cops got all on them and shit and they had no right to basically they were tryiong to say the cops were being racists (they were black) and they just wanted to pick on them. then what cracked me up is that they were liek I dont knowwhy they goptta mess with us we got no shoes no clothes and naming shit whiel some dude in the back with one of the bags is like showing these new shoes and crap it disgusted me.

Heres a little reveiw of what Bush had to say ahwile ago today:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- After surveying Hurricane Katrina's destruction from Air Force One earlier in the day, President Bush on Wednesday announced a massive federal mobilization to help victims of the storm, but said recovery "will take years."

"We're dealing with one of the worst natural disasters in our nation's history," Bush said in a nationwide address from the White House Rose Garden, surrounded by members of his Cabinet. "I can't tell you how devastating the sights were."

atleast he has a lot of hope and I respet him for what he says here:

"The folks on the Gulf Coast are going to need the help of this country for a long time. This is going to be a difficult road. The challenges that we face on the ground are unprecedented, but there's no doubt in my mind that we're going to succeed."

Theres more at cnn.com Thank G-d the president is aware =D Like he said I hope all the victims get everything fixed....best of luck =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2005-08-31 21:35 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Aug 31, 2005, 11:41 PM
You can view some of the satellites at this site: http://cirrus.sprl.umich.edu/wxnet/radsat.html

Right now the Japan satellite picture gives you a very good view of the gigantic typhoon heading that way. Last I heard on the Weather Channel is that it is expected to hit mainland China then curve north-east to southern Japan.

Most of the satellite images don't work, or are not up to date, but the Japan is up to date.

http://www.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc.html

That is the Joint Typhoon Warning Center. Based off of that data, it is Typhoon Nabi that is of concern.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2005-08-31 21:45 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 1, 2005, 08:44 AM
I'm minus a chimney, and our roof has critical damage. :/

Also, Meridian got hit pretty bad, and gas goes from there to our gas stations... Local Chevron stations are actually out of gasoline here.

Dangerous55
Sep 1, 2005, 07:32 PM
This is crazy. Personally I don't think this is going to be a clear out clean up and rebuild kind of storm. Something worse is going to happen because of this.

Uncle_bob
Sep 1, 2005, 08:40 PM
On 2005-09-01 17:32, Dangerous55 wrote:
This is crazy. Personally I don't think this is going to be a clear out clean up and rebuild kind of storm. Something worse is going to happen because of this.

Bingo. Uncle has heard rumors that looting, carjacking, and that shit is starting to migrate to downtown Baton Rouge already. These are just rumors, hopefully they're not true. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Dangerous55
Sep 1, 2005, 09:23 PM
On 2005-09-01 18:40, Uncle_bob wrote:

Bingo. Uncle has heard rumors that looting, carjacking, and that shit is starting to migrate to downtown Baton Rouge already. These are just rumors, hopefully they're not true. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Nah, I heard that too, from CNN I believe.

Uncle_bob
Sep 1, 2005, 09:40 PM
Ah well, it wouldn't hurt to get the ol' shotty out just incase, huh? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif