PDA

View Full Version : C-Mode : Looking for a few good...

Ghen
Sep 2, 2005, 01:30 PM
I've not really done C-Mode much, so I'm looking for some people who would be interested in showing me the ropes. I'm a pretty decent player, most of my expereince being with my RAcast, HUcast, RAmar, and FOmar. I've only done C-Mode way back in the DC days, and even then it was sparce. I am mature, cheat free (well about as much as you can be with all the dupes), and I can listen to directions no problem. I'm usually going to be on after 9:30PM CST on week days, and all weekend long as well.

rena-ko
Sep 2, 2005, 02:35 PM
good luck.

might i suggest...
use this site's guidesection. look through the maps and guides for the stages, learn the puzzles and switches - esp what switches not to press. and voila. you wont need guidance, wont need people typing half an hour for you and you'll make a better impression on your future cmode partners.

Ghen
Sep 2, 2005, 03:55 PM
Learning the maps is all fine and dandy, but their are certain things that you do on the maps, or that you communicate with your team members that no FAQ or guide can prepare you for. It's been awhile since I've had a steady group of people to play PSO with. I'd rather learn from the people that do this on a consistent and successful basis than to draw my own conclusions from the information given (or lack thereof). Not saying that I'm not going to look at the maps, I defininetly will give them a look over. Do you catch my drift though?

DarkEliteRico
Sep 2, 2005, 06:53 PM
i'd be nice of you to lets us all know what system you play on....then we could find someone for you. Thanks

Ghen
Sep 3, 2005, 04:02 PM
Forgot to mention I was BB, my bad! ;-p

rena-ko
Sep 3, 2005, 04:08 PM
oh if there's no guide, then there's always the forum search option, i assure you ^-^

anyway, since i'm sort of bored, some tips.
-dont expect the others to guide you through it. this is basically what i wanted to tell you with my first post.
-know the maps before you start. know the puzzles beore you start. if you arent sure of how the team handles a certain situation within the map, ask how it will be done beforehand:
how the team will play (1on1 TA style or simple clear),
how the team will split,
how the team will share weapons (in case you have two of the same class in the game),
whats the goal (TA = time attack, clear, fast clear).

also ask who's familiar with the stage and who's not - and state your own status with the stage.

the maingoal with cmode is to not waste anyone's time. so prepare, so share info.

ingame.
certain classes are more useful for certain stages:
-hucts are bad in the beginning, but very good in the later stages.
-ram and raml are simply the most useless chars for cmode (which doesnt mean its impossible to do it with them)

certain classes are more useful for certain players.
-best char for a beginner is hucl.
-fonl is best char per se, but needs the most knowledge.

certain items are best used by certain classes.
-dont ever use a fluid if youre not the team force.
-always leave items at the next door (-> learn the maps)
-always share - if you have 5 monomates and your teammate dies because he doesnt have any, its your fault.
-always communicate, but dont chat.
use abbreviations:
monomate: m or mm (di = dm, and so on)
monofluid: f or mf (di = df, etc)
status (example): "6 4 3" -> 6m 4dm 3dolls
scapedoll: $
only announce good weapons: 45 60p = 45d 60h pall -> 45 dark, 60 hit pallasch
distribute to users: "45 60p > huct" if the hucl picked it up

extra info:
if you play on cube, prepare some shortcuts in case you play with japanese. 'thank you' 'good to see you > everyone' 'yes'. make sure you didnt just type those in but actually use wordselect. you'll notice pretty soonish when to use what.

know your character:
-know its advantages and disadvantages
-for a bot, dont forget to use traps
>basic rule: if you have traps or tp left on level up or heal ring (-> learn the maps) then you didnt use enough (-> fonl being an advanced char)
for example:
huct - great atp, low ata - use strongest weapon with best hit. be careful with attacking.
foml - lousy everything, but good def and high enough HP. good char for a sure run. might be a bit low on techs and should mainly support and occasionally attack / cast.
fonl - needs good knowledge of enemy tech weaknesses, of the healing rings (maps) and how to evade anything (no unexpected dies).

meleeing 1on1:
it is easily doable if you have the right tactic.
-> damage cancel: server-latency causing the nullification of damage dealt when two damage packages get sent the same time, thus wastes time and is to be prevented for TA. also renews ice status for enemies, thus good for keeping big enemies in freeze-lcok.
melee hunters with saber type weapon should attack like : N H, N H H on enemies that dont die from one combo. to prevent getting hit, circle around the enemy and attack from behind. if your hit is too lousy, stick to N H attacks.

TA force tactics :
everyone in the team gives the force all but one doll (experts give all dolls). the fo will announce how many fluids he or she has: "f2" - if you have none yourself: "0", if you have some, announce the ammount how many you'll drop on the next door.

anything missing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2005-09-03 14:08 ]</font>

JODDY
Sep 3, 2005, 04:46 PM
C-mode sounds like some serious you know what.

Some people may be willing to show you the ropes in game. Most probably wont.

Ghen, i've never done c-mode before but if you're up to it, we could learn it together. I'll read up on the guides and meet you in game. Even reading up on the guides before playing it I think I will need to actually be in the game and see everything to learn it. Before we try to play with the better cmode players. Dont wanna piss anybody off.

Ghen
Sep 7, 2005, 01:37 PM
Sounds good to me. I won't be able to really play until the weekend though due to school. College is a bitch. ;-p