PDA

View Full Version : Sil Dragon ownage

Sizzors
Sep 2, 2005, 03:42 PM
I may have worded this wrong, but I'm being murdered by the Sil Dragon. Half the time I get cuaght under it, and it freezes me and I die XD.

I have a
Wals MK2 +9
Valiant Frame
Ogre/Power
Ogre/Power
Dragon/HP
Ogre/Power
Ultimate Sheild
Rati (40/39/28/11)

I would appreciate suggestions and tips. And a stategy on how to avoid his super quickness and freeze touch power.

Fanta
Sep 2, 2005, 03:49 PM
Try using a gun and staying away from it.
I used my Mechguns, M&A60s, and blast it until its head falls, then use my Musashi to hack its head.

Berserk combos caned if you can heal when your over http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif but dont worry about dieing while using them because it will never take your HP to 0!

Rei-San
Sep 2, 2005, 05:30 PM
or if you have the nerve, attack it head on with a powerful sword. Thats how I beat him. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sizzors
Sep 2, 2005, 06:18 PM
I tryed both. I used a Gladius with 65 Native(With did like 235 on beserk ^_^) and beserk and it seemed to work. Then the dragon got up so fast and did Ice breath, I died instantly. The same thing happens everytime. I've even tried a Vise, but i didn't do a lot of damage. I've put resist/Blizzard Resist/ Freezex 2 and Dragon/HP and STILL nothing works.

I'm a Level 82 RAcast, Purplenum by the way.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 2, 2005, 06:29 PM
try hooking up with someone do hunt for a cure freeze, or carry a few resists...mechguns and rifles work fairly well since you can run to the side and pick him off from there. whenever he dives TRY to predict his pattern and run away, when he circles the third run back off a bit wait and run by when you've got a chance.

Sizzors
Sep 2, 2005, 06:50 PM
I'm good with the digging part, and the flying part, it's just he always kills me when I'm whacking his head and he suddenly gets up and freezes me before I can move( Tryed to move to the side of the head as well) adn him walking around(he seems to fast for me).

And I'm offline, with no Section ID able to do very hard Except me and a Viridia force. I don't have Orans of Whitills or redias past level 10 either.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 2, 2005, 07:11 PM
On 2005-09-02 16:50, Sizzors wrote:
I'm good with the digging part, and the flying part, it's just he always kills me when I'm whacking his head and he suddenly gets up and freezes me before I can move( Tryed to move to the side of the head as well) adn him walking around(he seems to fast for me).

And I'm offline, with no Section ID able to do very hard Except me and a Viridia force. I don't have Orans of Whitills or redias past level 10 either.

darn, not much to go on there. Keep your head up, and you'll do it sooner or later, if you have to restart the forest over and over again till you level up again.

Skorpius
Sep 2, 2005, 07:20 PM
Attack from the side? ;/
Use a Shot?

Ansatsu
Sep 2, 2005, 07:33 PM
use the rifles range, just get next to it when it breates ice (o.0) and then when its head goes down take a couple steps away from it and blast away! oh, be sure to bring a couple scapes

-Axel-
Sep 2, 2005, 07:48 PM
First use some mechguns to take him down, then use the same mechguns or arifle and shoot him from a side.
In no time you'll be under his body:P

blackinator
Sep 2, 2005, 09:25 PM
hmmm this is weird... lv 82 racast... u should have good hp and decent def... i beat him by blasting his head from the side with a rifle or handgun, then baslt him with my best mechs... as long as u keep reasonable deistance, u should have time to dodge his movements... also, incase u didnt know, jiggle your joystick when ur frozen, u get out a lot quicker.

Tispers
Sep 2, 2005, 11:10 PM
Ok here is my suggestion....GET LVL 90!!! that is all I have to say, trust me if you get to lvl 90 you will beat him so bad it won't be funny no more.

Sizzors
Sep 3, 2005, 08:10 AM
OK I'm good. I went VH ruins to finish the quests, and found two Resist blizzards. Putting those on reduced the damage so I didn't die as often. Rati and 3 scape dolls helped me live. And now I'm Lvl 83.

GThanks for the Mech gun suggestions, and the one with the saber, those helped a bit(Vulcan with Beserk +213 ATA= Dead Sil Dragon).

Again thanks a lot. Now for those Ob lilies...

Momo-chan
Sep 3, 2005, 08:14 AM
when the battle between you and the sil dragon starts, stand there.

when he comes up to you, he will stop due to the wall being in the way. giving you time to do your damage while he does his ice breath at a wall.

hopefully you do enough damage to make it mad and fly up and do the underground stuff. your on your own there

Natron
Sep 3, 2005, 08:17 AM
If you can't wait to level up a little bit, Do the following when he is on the ground:
Run direclty in front of his feet (not close enough to get stepped on) in the same direction he's moving. When he stops, move to the side and behind his head a little bit and blow him away with a strong gun. Lather, rinse, repeat until the head falls. Then, use a strong hunter's weapon to hack him up until he gets up. Repeat this whole process until he roars. Then the whole digging thing happens, and just avoid him until he comes out. then repeat said prcess again until you kill the stupid thing (and get the stupid final impact...grrr...)

Fanta
Sep 3, 2005, 08:35 AM
On 2005-09-02 17:20, Skorpius wrote:
Attack from the side? ;/

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif
Thats what I was gonna say.
Run forward a little at the start, If you use M&A60s from the front as it walks toward you, you'll do some damage. When it gets close go to its side and shoot it or hacks its feet until its head falls down, when it does hack its head.

When I fight him he only jumps up once and while he is in the air I cast zonde/rafoie a few times and he lands and does the cutscene fall. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Bladehunter
Sep 7, 2005, 01:27 AM
I thought this would be easier with a ranger than with a hunter... Just run "around" him and try to provoke him to cast his breath, and when he do, equip VISE for its Berserk attack and shoot away on his feet from the side. When the head's down, shoot it from a range, or if you wanna use sabers, slice from the side. Stay a nice bit away from him when he walks and you'll be fine.

Bluehog
Sep 7, 2005, 04:03 PM
I fight the Sil Dragon with a Hunter but I know a few tricks that should help.
Knock him down so his head's on the ground as soon as possible.
Then get next to his feet and attack with a mechgun.
When the dragon gets up it will circle around to get you, but all you need to do it tightly circle it. Keep a short distance from it and you should be able to keep up with the Sil's fast turning and walking. When the dragon goes underground just dodge it. Repeat.

Here is another tip for if you do get frozen. If you freeze quickly and repeatedly shake the joystick. This will unfreeze you faster.

Sizzors
Sep 7, 2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the tips...but I beat it a week ago. I've done most of the cave quests...

And I used a Soul eater with 20% native, basically did 3000 damage in a minute http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fluckin1337
Sep 7, 2005, 05:54 PM
when i fought the sil dragon i was level 112 lol. i used vulcans on it until its head fell then used yamatos. the ice breath kills me still though, other than that np http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tispers
Sep 7, 2005, 10:37 PM
...Yay I just beat the Sil Dragon with my lvl 69 Hunewearl. I used Yamato +48 on it (I seriously need a new weapon) beat it the first time, no scape doll's used. Even though it's touch freeze ability is really annoying, it was somewhat easy.

Longtime_play
Sep 8, 2005, 05:06 PM
True, i find the Sil Dragon very easy, and although not as easy as the plain old dragon, i cant see what all the trouble is. The attacks are predictable and easy to avoid, (except for the one where he burrows from one side to the other), but even with this attack as long as you have enough HP, you wont die.

Kent
Sep 8, 2005, 09:18 PM
All of the dragons are easy, they just require you to figure out their patterns, and get your timing down. When you knock him down, memorize how many combos you can do to his head... And keep away from the feet when he's running around. That ice, with the freeze effect, will basically kill you if you're caught with it and aren't fast about getting out (rapidly tilt the stick left and right, if you're fast enough, it lasts less than half a second).

The Gol Dragon fight, though... That's fun~

Bluehog
Sep 10, 2005, 01:03 AM
First Time I beat the Dragon was with a Level 68 HUmar using Stag Cutlery and about 12 Scape Dolls

Once you get the pattern down the Sil Dragon can be done in your sleep.

I have to agree with you Kent, the Gol Dragon is more fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bluehog on 2005-09-09 23:05 ]</font>

Fanta
Sep 10, 2005, 09:26 AM
On 2005-09-09 23:03, Bluehog wrote:
First Time I beat the Dragon was with a Level 68 HUmar using Stag Cutlery and about 12 Scape Dolls

I did it first time no problem. Lv 65 I think.

REJ-
Sep 10, 2005, 01:54 PM
I first beat Sil Dragon at Lvl 85-90 (around there). I used a RAmar though(with a Guilty light and Meteor Smash), but I have no experience fighting it with a hunter. What's sad is that Sil Dragon dies as fast as the Dragon does in Normal mode.

Fanta
Sep 10, 2005, 02:26 PM
On 2005-09-10 11:54, REJ- wrote:
I first beat Sil Dragon at Lvl 85-90 (around there). I used a RAmar though(with a Guilty light and Meteor Smash), but I have no experience fighting it with a hunter. What's sad is that Sil Dragon dies as fast as the Dragon does in Normal mode.

Its not that much difference. You shoot, move to side shoot (so it doesnt freeze you when it falls), when it falls shoot (RA)/Hack (HU) at head.
Simple.

What do you mean it dies as fast as the dragon on Normal?

REJ-
Sep 10, 2005, 03:03 PM
What do you mean it dies as fast as the dragon on Normal?

1 combo with Guilty Light, it's on the floor. I hit it with my Final Impact a few times, and when it gets up, the scene where it dies is shown. That can be used to describe a battle with me vs Normal-mode Dragon, and a battle with me vs Ultimate-mode Sil Dragon.