PDA

View Full Version : EP4: Having trouble with Girtablulu...

Neith
Sep 2, 2005, 04:35 PM
Just tried a Very Hard mode solo Desert run with my lv115 HUnewearl, Teika. Got through Desert 1 fine, and got to the end of desert 2 relatively unscathed.

However, then I ran into Girtablulu. With my RA, this guy is easy. Different story with my HU. Because he sucks you toward him, I cant use guns to my advantage. Also, his 'melee' attacks kill me in 2-3 hits (I have 806HP, and 30+on all resistances). Ive also tried sniping it with techs from a distance- the only one in range is Zonde, but my lvl18 Zonde only does 15 to it. Does anyone have some advice on beating this thing with a HUney?- It's the only thing stopping me completing desert runs solo.

Before anyone says, I don't have a Holy Ray, or the MST to use it.

I'm using:

Weapons: Asuka+30, Chain Sawd+15, Shadow Gatling (50hit)

Armour: 4s Guard Wave
Units: God/Power, Hero/Ability, God/Battle, God/Arm

Shield: Currently Secret Gear

Mag: Savitri lv200 (7/123/50/20) with Farlla, Pilla, Mylla&Youlla.

Any ideas? I'm getting my rear handed to me on a plate... >_>

Thanks!

MT7218
Sep 2, 2005, 05:16 PM
This should be obvious: Get a Cure/Freeze and Cure/Shock. It still does enough damage to knock you down from his swipes, right? If not, get a Perfect/Resist or two and keep your SDJZ up.

Neith
Sep 2, 2005, 05:20 PM
Nope, it doesn't knock me over with it's attacks, just keeps hitting me until I'm dead. Yay for HU DFP >_>

Even with a Cure/Freeze or Shock, it still does high amounts of damage per hit, and attacks so fast that I cant resta. Obviously, can still spam Dimates etc, but I run out eventually...

Kamica
Sep 2, 2005, 05:20 PM
Try getting a weapon with arrest special.

Neith
Sep 2, 2005, 05:21 PM
I guess I could try that, have to pipe the shops or something though since I don't think I have one currently.

Tycho
Sep 2, 2005, 07:32 PM
Go to the medical centre to dispel your Deband maybe.

Hrith
Sep 2, 2005, 09:42 PM
Deband against fixed damage ? o_O

I have two words of advice for beating it:
-Arrest
-Demon's

As a HUnewearl, the tactic is not that bad, almost same as RAmarl:
-Get a handgun with Devil's or Demon's
-While staying far enough from it, its claws move fast for you to hit it with the handgun's special, so...
-cast Zonde on it, it will be stunned for one second or two, while it is, use Demon's
-After 2 or 3 Demon's (4 or 5 Devil's), finish it off in close-up

Androids are better off using Seize (Visk-235W, Varista) or Arrest (Ano Rifle), and then aiming at the main body.

Sitka
Sep 2, 2005, 09:53 PM
Hell, I always bull rush it and hack it up before it kills me.

Works for me.

Saffran
Sep 3, 2005, 03:01 AM
Silly...

Get up to the Scorpion. It'll tick like Mericarol... and use a spell with its mouth, putting the claws high above its head. Thing is, the head is MUCH weaker than the arms.

Example:
- Hucaseal lv 167 using a Supressed Gun with 40% dark on it: about 12HP damage without SDJZ, about 50 with SD from the mag. Need about 10 minutes to take it down, when it's alone.

- Same Hucaseal with same weapon, going up close and shooting the head: 160HP damage without SD. Switch to melee weapon, two combos = pwnd.

Conclusion: Melee!

Also, as a Force, get close and watch the claws. If they are ice claws, use Barta from some serious damage to the head. If they have fire element, use Foie, etc.

AxelgearVII
Sep 3, 2005, 03:04 AM
Either G-Assassin Sabers,Holy Ray,or Varista should do the job.

Meh
Sep 3, 2005, 05:53 AM
Ask Feelmirath.

Neith
Sep 3, 2005, 10:23 AM
Ok, tried a few methods out. I have managed to kill one now, but after dying 4 times >_>

Varista- other enemies kept getting in the way of lock-on, and wasn't very successful at paralyzing Girtablulu.

G-Assassin's Sabers- Found these to paralyze incredibly easily, but still have to endure being slaughtered by Girtablulu's fast attack speed. Throw 2+ Merissa into the equation, both spitting Gibarta, and I have a problem. This is what I managed to kill it with, but like I said- I died 4 times prior to this.

Demon's/Devil's Raygun- Havent found one yet, found virtually every type of handgun but Demons/Devils.

Fighting without Deband- Girtalulu still didn't knock me over, and therefore killed me even faster.

A Holy Ray would be nice, but I don't have the MST to use one, or have one even.

Guess I'll try again when I find a Demon's handgun.

One thing I have changed is that I do 9-8 now, as i found there was only 1 Girtablulu, rather than the usual 2 in a standard run.

magenta
Sep 3, 2005, 11:16 AM
usually when i solo desert (vhard-ult) i use mechs against (i dont use special) him. but before facing him i try despatching some of the more troublesome enemies like lizzards and merrissas.. gorans are no problem and can actually be helpful if you jellen them since they can damage cancel girtubulus hits. to dispatch the other enemies first i either stand behind an electric fence or some rocks (stops girtu drawing me in) and let them come to me.. after reducing their number (pref to zero) i then let girtubulu suck me in since i can hit the dern thing better at its weak points (head and tail) when im stuck between its claws.. though youre more vulnerable to attack at the same time.

Zael
Sep 4, 2005, 04:26 AM
I would use some weapon that can paralyze like Pan-Arms Blade. They paralyze easily. Then you can use devils/demons specials to kill it faster, like Demo, Twin Brand, and Monkey King Bar.

Feelmirath
Sep 4, 2005, 05:12 AM
Im only about 5 lvls ahead of you Uriko, and i really don't have any problems whatsoever with girtablulu http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
I use either a partisan or sword, because that way your hitting its arms which kind of make it flinch, and after each of its attacks, it becomes vulnerable... Which is the time to strike! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_pengy.gif
Like i said though, i havent had much trouble. Just nail the control stick (if you use one) around and you should break free quick enough.

Tycho
Sep 4, 2005, 05:43 AM
On 2005-09-02 19:42, Kef wrote:

Androids are better off using Seize (Visk-235W, Varista) or Arrest (Ano Rifle), and then aiming at the main body.

We are talking about VHard here. According to this page (http://spc.sakura.ne.jp/psobb/tips_i001.html) the specials for androids are the same as they are for Humans and Newmans in Normal to Very Hard.

Neith
Sep 4, 2005, 02:32 PM
Well, I do 9-8 runs now, since that has one less Girtablulu to worry about http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As I'm sure you know, the Girtablulu in 9-8 can pull you at it before you even enter the room http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif What generally happens is, I equip a Varista, run in to handgun range, just about get a lock on, and either I'll miss, and get owned, or I'll paralyze girtablulu, then get gang beaten by the enemies with him.

By the time I get recovered from that, Girtablulu is back able to beat me senseless again http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I don't think Cure/Freeze will help, since I can't resta fast enough anyway >_>

What basically happens is like when you get beaten up by a Sinow-they attack so quickly that I can't attack back, or recover- and of course, if I run, I get pulled back it's way...

I mean, it's not too bad- I'm Viridia, and I'm helping a Bluefull with Ophelie hunts. I can pick up a h/ability from Bluefull Dorphon Eclair, which is viridia's SM/Shambertin drop. C/ability would be nice, but I'd rather have a V101. Since Girtablulu's in the last room of 9-8 (not counting the cutscene room), I might just end the runs before it.

The only problem being that I like the Saint-Milion fight http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif