PDA

View Full Version : Come on Kanye

Shattered_weasel
Sep 3, 2005, 07:24 PM
This just isn't the time to say this.

http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79

Jehosaphaty
Sep 3, 2005, 07:36 PM
and if we didnt already realize kanye was a prick, there's your sign.

Dangerous55
Sep 3, 2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah, that really does nothing, and it just isn't true.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 3, 2005, 07:40 PM
I don't care if it is true or not. That is just not the time to say it.

Dangerous55
Sep 3, 2005, 07:43 PM
On 2005-09-03 17:40, Shattered_weasel wrote:

That was fast.

And no, if it was true Bush should be executed.

But I don't feel like arguing.

Jehosaphaty
Sep 3, 2005, 07:43 PM

was that chris rock who they went to next? ohh the look on his face.

VioletSkye
Sep 3, 2005, 08:00 PM
On 2005-09-03 17:43, Jehosaphaty wrote:

chris tucker

ABDUR101
Sep 3, 2005, 08:01 PM
On 2005-09-03 17:43, Jehosaphaty wrote:

Chris Tucker.

And yeah, thats just an ignorant thing to say. It's a pointless comment to make, don't start people's anger, expecially when there are already rapes and murders going on there already.

Oh which, those people should have been washed out to sea like the scum they are.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 3, 2005, 08:07 PM
We all know Bush is full of BS anyway, but this was a pretty bad time and way to point that out. Bush started to do something eventually. As for the martial law situation, that wouldn't have been necessary if people didn't start looting and pillaging. I mean if someone actually needed something they would take it given the opportunity, but probably most loot out of personal greed.

Still Kanye picked the wrong words to blurt out all choked up like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceOfBrokenGlass on 2005-09-03 18:38 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Sep 3, 2005, 08:23 PM
I think I'll walk away from this but Kanye is my 2nd favorite rapper.(Common Sense is of course the best rapper alive!!!!!) He had me laughing when he said Bush don't care about black folks. Lemme just give you this from a black persons view, we don't get that much love from Bush or republicans in general. And Chris tucker looks way different. I mean hes......FATTER!!! And leanne rimes can SANG!

Guess I didn't walk completely away. Tiptoed...

Edit: Just be glad Chris Rock(or me) wasn't on there. No tellin' WHAT he would've said.Part of me wish he was there though.Kanye West was about to cry. He was choking up.

But thats Kanye,lol!

*I ain't sayin she a goldigga' but she ain't messin with no broke,broke.....*

What he said was something many people have been wanting to say but I wished he would've said it in an interview.

But all the people that are putting him on the news and bringing this up are doing nothing but blowing his name up and making him more popular and popularity for a rapper = more money.

Ahem, being a person who is madly in love with rap and hip hop and who have followed Kanye for some time. Kanye loves publicity and he loves when hes the center of attention. He even admits hes arrogant. But to me, hes arrogant in a good way.The brotha is smart too.

But that comment was made out of his anger and out of thoughts that was in the back of his and many more of our peoples head(I know its been in mine) he didn't say that purposely, he was extremely pissed. Look at the way he was talking and at his eyes.

*But i got to go get that outfit he was wearing when he said that

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-09-03 19:11 ]</font>

Jehosaphaty
Sep 4, 2005, 08:19 AM
On 2005-09-03 18:23, InfinityXXX wrote:
I think I'll walk away from this but Kanye is my 2nd favorite rapper.(Common Sense is of course the best rapper alive!!!!!) He had me laughing when he said Bush don't care about black folks. Lemme just give you this from a black persons view, we don't get that much love from Bush or republicans in general. And Chris tucker looks way different. I mean hes......FATTER!!! And leanne rimes can SANG!

you are ignorant. please keep playing the race card because, oh it is so true. in fact, the hurricane itself was one big government conspiracy devised by mr bush to wipe all the poor, black folks in louisianna out. come on. and why, why, are you even telling us about your love of rap in a thread on what kanye west said? we dont care.

Edit: Just be glad Chris Rock(or me) wasn't on there. No tellin' WHAT he would've said.Part of me wish he was there though.Kanye West was about to cry. He was choking up.

But thats Kanye,lol!

i sure am. you wouldve looked like just as big an idiot.lol!

But all the people that are putting him on the news and bringing this up are doing nothing but blowing his name up and making him more popular and popularity for a rapper = more money.

i guess you could say that any publicity is good publicity, but i garuntee he takes heat for that. making him more popular? goodness.

Ahem, being a person who is madly in love with rap and hip hop and who have followed Kanye for some time. Kanye loves publicity and he loves when hes the center of attention. He even admits hes arrogant. But to me, hes arrogant in a good way.The brotha is smart too.

But that comment was made out of his anger and out of thoughts that was in the back of his and many more of our peoples head(I know its been in mine) he didn't say that purposely, he was extremely pissed. Look at the way he was talking and at his eyes.

yeah, he sure is smart. if he wanted to do something to help those people, he wouldve gone down and aided the thousands of relief workers. instead, he took a ridiculous potshot.

you are a complete and utter idiot for saying that.

i dont care if you like bush, or if you hate him, a time of crisis isnt a time for you to plug your freakin opinion either way. everyone, and i mean everyone is doing their best to help these people.

Dek
Sep 4, 2005, 09:18 AM
On 2005-09-04 06:19, Jehosaphaty wrote:

you are ignorant. please keep playing the race card because, oh it is so true. in fact, the hurricane itself was one big government conspiracy devised by mr bush to wipe all the poor, black folks in louisianna out. come on. and why, why, are you even telling us about your love of rap in a thread on what kanye west said? we dont care.

The problem is that a lot of people knew that the hurricane was coming and no one in government did shit to prepare for it. Government knew that New Orleans has been sinking for years, and they haven't done shit now that Bush is in office (hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the other presidents didn't do anything).

Bush can just take his 5 week vacation and shove it up his ass for all I care. He has no right to ignore his role as LEADER OF A COUNTRY when the country is in crisis...

InfinityXXX
Sep 4, 2005, 09:57 AM
On 2005-09-04 06:19, Jehosaphaty wrote:

But thats Kanye,lol!

i sure am. you wouldve looked like just as big an idiot.lol!

i guess you could say that any publicity is good publicity, but i garuntee he takes heat for that. making him more popular? goodness.

yeah, he sure is smart. if he wanted to do something to help those people, he wouldve gone down and aided the thousands of relief workers. instead, he took a ridiculous potshot.

you are a complete and utter idiot for saying that.

i dont care if you like bush, or if you hate him, a time of crisis isnt a time for you to plug your freakin opinion either way. everyone, and i mean everyone is doing their best to help these people.

How about stop flaming kid. I shall be reporting(idiot was uncalled for) And I am ignorant for playing the race card and having an opinion? heh, that makes you seem pretty ignorant for making a comment like that.

And you wish to know why i said i love rap? Well, my friend if you did your research you'll know that Kanye is a rapper. I was stating that because I listen to rap that I know a lot about kanye.

Also, did i ever say that the hurrican was something that the government did and that bush did. Nope. And also, I haven't even said anything about Bush in regards to him not helping out in the hurrican so please get your reading glasses and reread my post. Looks like your trying to attack me from a past topic but if yoo want to talk buddy, keep it in pms rather than letting your emotions take control and blasting it out in other peoples topics.

The thing is is that you have no real idea on what really is going down there. You see what the media is showing you. How about actually talking to some of the people that were down in New Orleans.

There is no harm in stating an opinion. Maybe its because you can't really connect to those people down there but I deeply connect becuase I see my people down there. And for your info MY FREAKIN COUSIN WAS IN NEW ORLEANS FOR 2 FREAKIN DAYS AND HAVE LOST HER HOUSE,HUSBAND,AND FRIENDS! We jsut now picked her up from the astrodome and if you heard what she said then you'll be pretty pissed my friend.

Don't sit up there and say I'm not freakin helping when I got cousins that can't be found! I've given money, I'm organizing a food drive and me and my mom are palnning to go to houston and help next weekend. So please, get your facts straight.

The reason why your so mad is because, Kanye stated the obvious. Thoguh he did it at a wrong time he did state something that Americans seem to not want to hear. America is racist (lemme also say that racism exist everywhere). And all the countries are seeing that. Look at the statements that other countries are giving. Now that we acknowledge that america is racist lets try to fix it now instead of always trying to sweep it under the mat. Theres no need to get all defensive when the race card is played.

And for your info, Kanye has given food, clothing, and money.Along with many other Black celeberties and leaders

Turn on your tv and look at people in the shelters, and in Mississippi, and in New orleans, and wh odo you mainly see. Black people. This is why everyone black along with Kanye is pissed because we are seeing our people dying. When it shouldn't be this way. I don't know who keeps twisting my words and saying that the hurricane is being racist but I am not talking aboutt he deaths called by the hurricane. I'm talking about the deaths caused by the delayness of the government.

It didn't take that much for a helicopter to drop a box full of water and food. I'm not all that headstrong on getting them evacuated I just want them to get FOOD so theycan have some nutrients. You telling me that the red cross,new station, Magic Johnson, Ellen, David Banner, Fats Domino, and many more people can get food over to New Orleans and Mississippi faster than the government.

And after you read this and you wish to respond, take a 5 minute break and then respond so you can actually make sense rather than sounding all angry. I mean did i hit a nerve by saying america is racist?

Also, here is another thing, why do people keep twisting my words into that I'm saying that its only racism. They leave the 2nd part I say out. Its racism and its classism. Nothing on the tv but black folk and poor white folk

Oh yeah, and the whole outfit thing was a joke. If you researched some more you'll know that it was custom made. And not only that but I needed to add some lightheartness to such a terrible crisis

Edit:Thank you arthas-zero^^

You know, that they were doing a project to actually prevent this from happened but bush cut the funding off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-09-04 08:40 ]</font>

Dek
Sep 4, 2005, 10:20 AM
On 2005-09-04 07:57, InfinityXXX wrote:
America is racist (lemme also say that racism exist everywhere). And all the countries are seeing that. Look at the statements that other countries are giving. Now that we acknowledge that america is racist lets try to fix it now instead of always trying to sweep it under the mat.

...hence the contradiction of calling us the United States of America

And for your info, Kanye has given food, clothing, and money.Along with many other Black celeberties and leaders
And this isn't just for this crisis, might I add? Many Black celebrities have donated thousands upon thousands to those who need it. (Hell, Snoop Dogg started his own charity where he gives under-priviledge the kids the chance to play in a football league.) If giving a kid the chance or hope he or she never had before isn't a miracle, then I don't know what is. I know for a fact these are things that Typical White America cannot do, especially when we have someone like Bush in office.

Edit:Thank you arthas-zero^^

No problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-09-04 08:21 ]</font>

BogusKun
Sep 4, 2005, 10:37 AM
Jehosaphaty just broke 1 rule three times = 2 warnings. Trust me I know.

Well on to other things, most people in Texas aren't yet suit for donating (with Texas being the more expected state to contribute), reasons being high prices in necessities (food, gas) skyrocketing.

Cars and trucks (the cheaper ones) got cheaper by 2000-5000 (a good time to buy one) But the rest of that money, you can concur the fact it's going towards school, overseas charity, and disaster victims. Students are being brought here in Texas (maybe some Eastern on to other neighboring states).

And you don't know Kanye unless you know little things about him. Like...

he speaks chinese.

InfinityXXX
Sep 4, 2005, 10:42 AM
Well I don't know Kanye like..well you know. Like i don't know his favorite food, or his favorite song(probably one of his own, lol).

But he can speak chinese becuase he lived in China when he was little. But I guess I was trying to say that because I like rap and listen to it and have listened to his lyrics, that I know where he is comming from and what hes been through.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-09-04 08:43 ]</font>

geewj
Sep 4, 2005, 11:59 AM
The point is that all those people were trying to do something to rally moral support, and he didn't give a damn about it. He got upset and did something counter productive to thier cause. He may have given pleanty of money and food, and may be right about what he said, but that doesn't change the fact that what he said at the time was uncalled for and only made him look like an inconsiderate jackass.

If your sister is about to marry someone who you think it a asshole because they unjustly hate your mom, be it true or not; If durring the wedding you side track everyone and everything to make an issue out of it,then you are a giant jackass.

There's a time and place, and that wasn't it.

InfinityXXX
Sep 4, 2005, 12:01 PM
As much as i like Kanye, he really shouldn't have said it at that time. It should've been done on an interview or on his cd.

Jehosaphaty
Sep 4, 2005, 12:34 PM
The thing is is that you have no real idea on what really is going down there. You see what the media is showing you. How about actually talking to some of the people that were down in New Orleans.

im sure you know what happend in the revolutionary war, but have you talked to any of the people who lived through it? i do know what's going on down there, thank you very much. look. i sincerely empathize with anyone who may have lost a home, loved one, job, etc. but, i still do not see this as a race issue simply because many blacks have died. this isnt a matter of the governments agenda vs. the colored people of america. its unfortunate that it did take so long for us to respond, yes, but you cannot reasonably say that it was to simply stick it to any race.

and bogus, thanks for the math skills. if ive done somehting to garner a warning, then ill gladly speak to a mod about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2005-09-04 12:10 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Sep 4, 2005, 04:43 PM
Ok, you guys caught us.

Bush and I planned this.

We said lets manipulate a Hurricane and launch it at New Orleans. Then, break down the century old levees and flood the city and kill as many blacks as possible. Of course we have to help a little, so we sent in help, but late! Just so it looks like we care a little but we really hope they all die.

It's a perfect plan! Wipe out a city of blacks out of pure hatred, you know, not saving blacks only hurts Bush but who cares! BLACK PEOPLE ARE DED YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I'm really annoyed by everything right now.

I'm tired of black people saying their different. WE ARE ALL THE SAME.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 4, 2005, 06:22 PM
On 2005-09-04 09:59, Prof_Frink wrote:
The point is that all those people were trying to do something to rally moral support, and he didn't give a damn about it. He got upset and did something counter productive to thier cause. He may have given pleanty of money and food, and may be right about what he said, but that doesn't change the fact that what he said at the time was uncalled for and only made him look like an inconsiderate jackass.

If your sister is about to marry someone who you think it a asshole because they unjustly hate your mom, be it true or not; If durring the wedding you side track everyone and everything to make an issue out of it,then you are a giant jackass.

This is exactly what I mean.

InfinityXXX
Sep 4, 2005, 06:25 PM
WE ARE ALL THE SAME.

As human beings we are but certain things seperate us from one another. But we are truely the same as human beings and we are all equal.

*For some reason, I'm able to concntrate more so now I can elaborate a bit more(My air conditioner is fixed so its not hot anymore)

I dunno if the rest of your post was in regard to my post but I would like to state to everyone that in no way Bush conjured up a hurricane to demolish all black people. Katrina killed folks and the delayness of the government killed folks.

Most people in New Orleans died due to dehydration and lack of food. Though we really couldn't prevent the deaths caused by Katrina but I think that the dehydration and starvation shouldn't have happened. Helicopters and small planes should've dropped carts of food. Cruise ships could've sailed into New Orleans and sheltered people.

Like I said earlier, I know they need to be evacuated but evacuating thousands of people takes a while. So while the people waited, helicopters should've dropped medical supplies and food and water but this didn't happen. (Well it happened but the government wasn't behind it).

Now like i stated over and over and over and over again it is racism and classism.(funny how people keep leaving classism out*gives gritty grin*) There really was no need for that many people to have died from lack of food or water. I mean there really is no reason for people down there not getting food or water and majority of these people were african american and for the rest, they were poor white people.

Out of all the food, the helicopters, water, and planes in america. The government couldn't drop off not one box of food but yet someone like Magic Johnson, a wealthy black ex NBA player who is a common citizen, can get copters over there faster than the government. If its truely not a mixture of classism and racism then we have a really, really, really bad government.
-------------

Now, commenting on Kanye again. Lemme elaborate more on it. Kanye was mad and teary eyed. Now, almost every black person knows that Bush really don't care for us and Kanye knows this.(To be honest,JFK and Clinton were the only ones that cared for black people. If your thinking Lincoln then your wrong for he only passed that bill to abolish slavery in the states that didn't secede and he only did that as a political move to get re-elected.lol, I read a lot of history books)

Now the thing is, Kanye was at a fundraiser trying to raise money and he could've jeapordized the whole thing by that comment. That is the only bad thing kanye did. He is not ignorant or he is not a jackass for having that opinion but he shouldn't have said that at a fundraiser on live TV. He should have done it on an interview or on some other station/show.

But not only do I question the government but I question God. Why did he cause such devastation and destruction in the first place? What was the point of it? Is this punishment? I dunno?

I'm not trying to get publicity or anything, but I strongly recommend you look at the pics in my topic located in Off Topic called "Awful". It will let you know more on what has happened.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-09-04 16:37 ]</font>

navci
Sep 4, 2005, 06:42 PM
On 2005-09-04 09:59, Prof_Frink wrote:

Taken everything out of the picture. I loled at the video.

Now I'd just wish people don't make a big deal from just about everything out of every situation. Sometimes, the topic barely touches the issue and people have to go on a tangant and elaborate a book about it.

InfinityXXX
Sep 4, 2005, 06:47 PM
To be honest I thought it was funny and I found a nice joke about it but everyone got so defensive and since Kanye West is my 2nd favorite rapper(Common Sense is the best rapper alive!!!) I defended at some of him.

I think I'm gonna add the joke on it but if people get all mad at this joke its gonna be taken down so brb...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-09-04 16:49 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Sep 4, 2005, 06:59 PM
But not only do I question the government but I question God. Why did he cause such devastation and destruction in the first place? What was the point of it? Is this punishment? I dunno?

I seriously doubt that God whips up hurricanes and throws them around the globe.

"Me damnit, I'm bored! Hey Jesus, are the Battlefield 2 servers back up yet?"
"Yeah, and Satan got back online, but he went afk."
"Eh, that's okay. Satan's PC sucks anyway. His ping is always up to like 25,000 and it's impossible to hit him. What should we do while we wait?"
"Hmm. Wanna... uh... I dunno, blow up New Orleans?"

I mean, come on. You can't blame every unfortunate thing on God. Ever think that maybe the right combination of conditions for a wicked hurricane just happened to come together? Not to steer this off into a theological argument, but I see really no reason to bring "why did God do this to us?" into the question.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CupOfCoffee on 2005-09-04 17:01 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Sep 4, 2005, 11:10 PM
Well really. I was always taught that everything that was caused was caused by god.(I'm not saying thats true or not) Now I'm not blaming him or her but I'm questioning him or her. All I can say is that this is testing my faith in christianity.

CupOfCoffee
Sep 5, 2005, 12:19 AM
Hmm, I can understand that. I guess we all have our own religious beliefs (or lack thereof). I've always sort of been of the opinion that God more or less just observes Earth and hopes for the best, but doesn't ever have a direct hand in anything that goes on here.

Well, like I said, I don't want to hijack this topic at all. Sorry to hear about your family, Infinity, and I hope everything turns out as well as it can.

BogusKun
Sep 8, 2005, 03:59 PM
On 2005-09-04 10:34, Jehosaphaty wrote:

im sure you know what happend in the revolutionary war, but have you talked to any of the people who lived through it? i do know what's going on down there, thank you very much. look. i sincerely empathize with anyone who may have lost a home, loved one, job, etc. but, i still do not see this as a race issue simply because many blacks have died. this isnt a matter of the governments agenda vs. the colored people of america. its unfortunate that it did take so long for us to respond, yes, but you cannot reasonably say that it was to simply stick it to any race.

and bogus, thanks for the math skills. if ive done somehting to garner a warning, then ill gladly speak to a mod about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2005-09-04 12:10 ]</font>

Well maybe if you took time to think before posting... TWICE... I wouldn't have to have defended you in the first place. Or maybe you need to take the first step and stop "acting" like an idiot. That is not a flame, I'm only telling you. Of course Infinity's love for music annoyingly takes space in wierd ways on important issues... but it doesn't mean you can call him an idiot. If I knew you, I'd slapped the hair off your head (if you have any), but today I'm a nice guy because I found 70 bucks on the ground and donated it to charity, and not because I greed for appreciation psychologically, but because I was bored and had nothing to do. So I end your beef with me here and now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BogusKun on 2005-09-08 14:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BogusKun on 2005-09-08 14:00 ]</font>