PDA

View Full Version : Changing settings(Something seems stuck)

Crystal_Shard
Sep 4, 2005, 08:40 AM
I kind of returned to this forum a few days ago, after a rather long hiatus after I saw some PSU updates. :3

At the same time, I noticed that there were some new PSU avatars added to the base list and I decided my own avatar was due a change... so I clicked on the new choice when editing info and... nothing happened.

Is there a restriction on using any of the PSU avatars? If not... why can't I change mine at all? :3

<edit>
Scratch that post. I can't change a single thing about my account at all. Nothing I do saves the changes. Either my cookies are working overtime and my computer isn't showing me the changes... or something weird is up with my account.

Mods, help!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crystal_Shard on 2005-09-04 07:28 ]</font>

Ryna
Sep 4, 2005, 09:55 AM
Make sure there are no apostrophes/quotation marks in your profile (that includes your signature). Having those in your profile can cause it not to update.

Crystal_Shard
Sep 4, 2005, 10:09 AM
Hmm, finally worked. Seems like my sig was the cause of all the bother after all. Gah! Back to the drawing board for that one...

Thanks for the help Ryna. :3

Getintothegame
Sep 4, 2005, 01:21 PM
Aadsgjadkfgl!!!

You CAN use apostrophes! You've just got to enter them in twice instead of once!

For instance, Let's say I want my sig to say:

I'm Getintothegame, and I didn't eat lunch today.

I would have to type in:

I''m Getintothegame, and I didn''t eat lunch today.

Just make sure you use two apostrophes ('') and not quotes ("), they look very similar.

If I have to tell this to someone again, I'm going to slap you! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-09-04 11:22 ]</font>

geewj
Sep 4, 2005, 02:01 PM
or do \'