PDA

View Full Version : Luck material ??

mikev2
Aug 25, 2002, 08:38 AM
hi every one this question has come so many times b4 but still no one agree's on the final answer.

what is luck material for?

possible answers:
1/to find rares,
2/to hit better (but then what is the hit % on weapons for?),
3/to get critcal hits + many more in all the manuals i have read there is no real answer either any ideas http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SuperSubZero
Aug 25, 2002, 09:49 AM
The final answer has *always* been:

Luck affects your chance of scoring a critical hit.

That's all it does. That's all it's EVER done. If someone tells you otherwise, they are wrong.

Ian D
Aug 25, 2002, 09:50 AM
It is for critical hits like stated above.

Malkavian
Aug 25, 2002, 11:01 AM
It is too for not get critical hits

Darrin
Aug 25, 2002, 04:15 PM
Really? I always thought it was for finding rares. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

sai-lou-fu
Aug 27, 2002, 12:41 PM
well, actually in the pso v.2 booklet, it defines the status luck as: technique luck, so i'd reckon it has something to do with which techniques u can find and at what lvl.

rbf2000
Aug 27, 2002, 01:10 PM
No. Luck is most definately the chance of getting a critical hit.

mikev2
Aug 27, 2002, 03:12 PM
tech luck now i have never heard this b4, and my pso books are all in jap so i could not read them lol,
if it states in the book surely this is a more obvious answer?

Shadow_Blade
Aug 27, 2002, 03:53 PM
On 2002-08-27 13:12, mikev2 wrote:
tech luck now i have never heard this b4, and my pso books are all in jap so i could not read them lol,
if it states in the book surely this is a more obvious answer?

I dont understand what you are trying to ask...

Darkgy
Sep 4, 2002, 04:06 AM
luck material alows you to find more tech disks than before that includes the rare ones

Triple-S
Sep 4, 2002, 06:11 AM
On 2002-09-04 02:06, Darkgy wrote:
luck material alows you to find more tech disks than before that includes the rare ones

No. As stated by several people already, luck stat is for better chance of getting critical hits (e.g. Lets just say you usually do a 200 damage. Then suddenly, one of your hits do 350 damage). The "technique luck" stated in PSO booklet is actually not translated correctly. They should have actually said "battle technique" or "battle technique luck", which means better chance for critical hits. Although not "perfect", even the PSO Official "Perfect" guide book got that right by stating that luck is for better chance of getting critical hits.

Before it starts, let me end another speculation that some people bring up often. By critical hits, it doesn't mean the rate of special attacks that weapon can perform. Those are actually determined by elemental status (e.g. Blizzard > Freeze > Frost > Ice).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triple-S on 2002-09-04 04:33 ]</font>