PDA

View Full Version : Caves - Mines, A Big Jump in Difficulty

REJ-
Sep 5, 2005, 04:30 PM
I beat the Forest and Caves in Ultimate mode without much problems, but as soon as I walk into the first room of the mines, I get beat down by Gillchichs. At close range, they just attack relentlessly, nothing can stun them, and at a distance, they start rapid-firing their lasers one after the other. I'm not kidding when I say that three gillchichs are stronger than Dal Ra Lie and Sil Dragon. How do I beat them? They have tons of HP, dont get knocked down (or even just stunned), they do tons of damage and can attack from anywhere. I need some help.

Orangepeel
Sep 5, 2005, 04:53 PM
Definitely it is a big jump. Also, if you look in that Suggested Lvl. Per Area guide, it says 70 for Caves (for Hunters) and 110 for Mines. You should probably just level up more and use a handgun... what class/level and stuff are you?

JODDY
Sep 5, 2005, 05:12 PM
I saw somewhere in post a few days ago the you have a 20% chance to knock down a Gilchich with a hit. I guess mechguns are good at this because of the 9 hits in a 3 hit combo. Although, you only hit one target and the one behind him may shoot you. A multi target hit weapon is good for stopping all of them from shooting but less chance of knocking them down with only 3 hits. You probably would be better to level up to the suggested lv as in the post above.

Natron
Sep 5, 2005, 05:22 PM
Try attacking the Glichich's with a good Rifle/ handgun before they "activate". you can usually knock a few down before they all swarm you with this trick.

rena-ko
Sep 5, 2005, 05:39 PM
1on1 1combo-kill weapons. preferably mechguns (beware their recovery second after the third hit tho) - or crowd control. partisans, shots, if youre a ranger.

you'll indeed need a bit more buff for this than caves. but a few levels and the right tactic should do the trick.

good luck

JODDY
Sep 5, 2005, 05:47 PM
On 2005-09-05 15:39, rena-ko wrote:
1on1 1combo-kill weapons. preferably mechguns (beware their recovery second after the third hit tho) - or crowd control. partisans, shots, if youre a ranger.

you'll indeed need a bit more buff for this than caves. but a few levels and the right tactic should do the trick.

good luck

That's kinda what I was saying, you just say it much better and clearer. Nice.

REJ-
Sep 5, 2005, 06:04 PM
I'm using a RAmar, lvl 107. I can kill them in one combo with mechguns, but after one dies, I get shot by the rest of them. I could beat the mines right now, but at the rate I'm going, it would take more than an hour (specially since half of that time would be spent on the floor from being knocked down all the time). Leveling up should help though.

ayrista
Sep 5, 2005, 07:26 PM
I do two things in the mines,
Im a hucaseal
First i go in with a slicer and either set a confuse trap or a freeze trap, then continue with the slicer, then i break out the mech guns, mech melee stuff is hard in Ult mines unless you have a good twin saber type, seems like i only use slicer and mech guns tho.

Split
Sep 5, 2005, 07:53 PM
Without question, use mechguns, psychoguns if you have access to them. It's fun, and safe! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Galapopik
Sep 5, 2005, 11:23 PM
I feel your pain on the difficulty increase. The only way I survive is with a rifle. Generally the range is sufficient to lay down the smack from a safe distance and they don't even know you're there. 'Course, that only works for long rooms.

I do notice that as I level, I knock them down more and more often. Don't know if that 20% mentioned in the posts above increases or I'm just stronger, but they do eventually start falling with regularity.

Good luck!

Ancient
Sep 5, 2005, 11:39 PM
Confuse traps are your best friends against Ult Gilchics, since they dont fall down much or get stunned when they hit, a confused group will tear themselves apart quite nicely, epecially with the help of a good slicer or shot weapon.

Same thing with multiple Baranz's in the room, pop a confuse trap and quickly exit the room, then turn around and watch everything die in a swarm of drunken missles! Gawd I love being and android...

Fossil
Sep 6, 2005, 04:47 AM
It's definately a jump in difficulty. And only because those damn Gilchics don't go down every hit now. Other then that, Mines is kind of easy... unless you play it online... then it's pure hell.

Sizzors
Sep 6, 2005, 06:27 AM
On 2005-09-05 21:39, Ancient wrote:
Gawd I love being and android...

Ditto to the max. And for easier confusion, try freezing the mass that comes toward you with a freeze trap, then confuse them. It works wonders.

Drayma
Sep 6, 2005, 10:40 AM
Knock em down with rafoie, then you are down to just a few.

Neith
Sep 6, 2005, 10:51 AM
Mines is quite difficult without support techs (particularly J/Z which RAmars lack)

Best tactic I'd advise is mechguns. If you feel they're getting too close, fire off a couple of rounds and retreat, rather than chancing the last hit.

About the laser attack- I think it's fixed damage, so not a lot you can do. I have noticed that in the short time the Gillchich readies it's arm for the laser, if you shoot it, it interrupts the laser attack. Hard to pull off, but does work.

As said, if you can get a good confusing weapon, Gillchichs own each other (since they double strike). Same with Baranz, they can be used to attack other enemies.

Other than that, grab a Frozen Shooter if possible and abuse the special http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Reiz_Fan
Sep 6, 2005, 10:56 AM
If your a force i recommend Putting on a Rafoie merge and the item that boost the fire techs. i forget what its called, and then spam away. lol

Ryna
Sep 6, 2005, 11:03 AM
On 2005-09-06 08:56, Reiz_Fan wrote:
If your a force i recommend Putting on a Rafoie merge and the item that boost the fire techs. i forget what its called, and then spam away. lol

Are you thinking of the Fire Scepter: Agni (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=39&sortby=class)?

Fanta
Sep 6, 2005, 11:06 AM
Ahh Mines is a breeze with FOs.
I had a serious problem with my HUmar but my FOmar walked through it, although got totally caned at VOv2.

Will fill in next time. Gotta go...

Reiz_Fan
Sep 6, 2005, 11:11 AM
On 2005-09-06 09:03, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-09-06 08:56, Reiz_Fan wrote:

Are you thinking of the Fire Scepter: Agni (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=39&sortby=class)?

Yep. thats it lol.

But isnt their another weapon one that boosts the hard level spells which someone told me boosts Rafoie more than that fire thingy?

Neith
Sep 6, 2005, 11:33 AM
I think Psycho Wand boosts the RA-techs? It's incredibly rare though.

Ryna
Sep 6, 2005, 11:33 AM
On 2005-09-06 09:11, Reiz_Fan wrote:
But isnt their another weapon one that boosts the hard level spells which someone told me boosts Rafoie more than that fire thingy?

According to this guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=472), only the Psycho Wand gives a bigger boost to RA techs.

Reiz_Fan
Sep 6, 2005, 12:23 PM
According to the guide so does Prophet's of Motav.

But either way, a high level Rafoie with some boosts are a great way to get through Ult. mines

Ryna
Sep 6, 2005, 12:38 PM
On 2005-09-06 10:23, Reiz_Fan wrote:

But either way, a high level Rafoie with some boosts are a great way to get through Ult. mines

Prophets of Motav and the Agni wand will boost Rafoie by 20%. Psycho Wand gives a 30% boost.

Bluehog
Sep 6, 2005, 12:43 PM
When I do the ultimate mines with my HUmar I use
Black King Bar for any one on one combat
Tsumikiri J-Sword for groups of Gillchiches
Inferno Bazooka/Black King Bar for Canabins
Black King Bar for Baranz, Sinow Blue and Sinow Red
Tsumikiri J-Sword for Vol Opt ver.2.

I know that's a very specific weapons list but it works wonders

Reiz_Fan
Sep 6, 2005, 12:46 PM
On 2005-09-06 10:38, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-09-06 10:23, Reiz_Fan wrote:

Prophets of Motav and the Agni wand will boost Rafoie by 20%. Psycho Wand gives a 30% boost.

But if i remember correctly the Psycho wand reduces the TP cost but takes it out of your HP.

You might need that HP since you will probably be spamming like crazy.

Ryna
Sep 6, 2005, 01:04 PM
On 2005-09-06 10:46, Reiz_Fan wrote:
But if i remember correctly the Psycho wand reduces the TP cost but takes it out of your HP.

You might need that HP since you will probably be spamming like crazy.

Anytime you are using the Psycho Wand, you need to keep a careful eye on your HP. In the case of mines, you don't want to let it go below the damage that a Gillchic laser will do.

Reiz_Fan
Sep 6, 2005, 01:15 PM
Or below the damage the Baranz missles can do.

Saffran
Sep 6, 2005, 01:57 PM
Baranz missiles do up to 16 times 240 fixed damage, so we might as well ignore them.

Longtime_play
Sep 6, 2005, 02:22 PM
Anytime you are using the Psycho Wand, you need to keep a careful eye on your HP

Tell you what, i think that the phsyco wand is far rarer than it is useful. (arent many of the super rares, i suppose) But i definately think this is more the case with the phsyco wand because of the hp reduction. Every 5 techs or so you have to cast resta, not too good if you ask me, ok the boosts and the tp reduction is good, but IMO that is not enough good to the damage that the wand can do to you.

A bit off topic but i had to say it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Longtime_play on 2005-09-06 12:25 ]</font>