PDA

View Full Version : Best 4 ranger ID's on BB?

JODDY
Sep 5, 2005, 04:31 PM
Since I love my RAmar and there's only 4 characters/ID's I can use. I need one more ID to use to hunt stuff for my RAmar. Right now i'm planning on using Greenill on my RAmar, Whitill on my FOmarl and Purplenum on my RAcaseal. What else should I use? Most of the stuff I want to hunt are on those ID's.

TimeConsumer
Sep 5, 2005, 04:35 PM
Eh, I'd say Redria, just because armor/slots/shields would help...

But if you were looking for weapons... I'd probably say Viridia.

REJ-
Sep 5, 2005, 04:41 PM
Redria works well for RAmar, my RAmar is Redria. You can find a lot of nice items too. IMO Ano Rifle is a good find, easiest with Redria. You could also try Oran or Yellowboze. They get some nice stuff too.

JODDY
Sep 5, 2005, 04:45 PM
Actually my RAmar is Redria as in my sig. But i'm planning on retiring him and making a Greenill RAmar. But i'll keep him to hunt some stuff until I level up my new guy till about lv80-90. I dont think the drops are worth it especially the divinty and celestial stuff. Dont get me wrong there are things on there that are good. I'm just tired of it. Yeah and I think Viridia is the only one that gets Flame Visit. So maybe that one.

Neith
Sep 5, 2005, 04:48 PM
Greenill isn't a great choice, in Ep4, it's one of (if not THE) worst ID.

-Rappy's Wing from Del rappy in ANY difficulty, even ultimate
-No drop from VH Dorphon Eclair
-One of the ID's that gets no Lizard drops
-All 3 Boss drops in VH/Ult are Dragon Scales =/

It's not bad, but there's better choices.

JODDY
Sep 5, 2005, 05:00 PM
On 2005-09-05 14:48, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Greenill isn't a great choice, in Ep4, it's one of (if not THE) worst ID.

-Rappy's Wing from Del rappy in ANY difficulty, even ultimate
-No drop from VH Dorphon Eclair
-One of the ID's that gets no Lizard drops
-All 3 Boss drops in VH/Ult are Dragon Scales =/

It's not bad, but there's better choices.

I guess you're right about the Ep4 drops but it does get a lot of good drops in the other Ep's. That's why i'm making it. It's also the only one to get Yas3000R and Flame Garment. Since i'm also gonna have a Whitill and Purplenum, i'll get a lot of good drops there for my RAmar. You didnt give me any other choices though, you just said there are better ones. Can you please suggest some.

edit: Remember that I am picking ID's for Ranger/RAmar drops. Thanks for the Ep4 tip though I didnt realize that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JODDY on 2005-09-05 15:03 ]</font>

Tycho
Sep 5, 2005, 05:04 PM
RA IDs?

Purplenum is an excellent RA ID in general. If you're willing to spend time into getting Guld Milla you'll probably want to go with Whitill (although Purplenum's Heaven Striker will take some time to find as well, and actually is one of the coolest guns). Bluefull will be easiest to get Mille Marteaux, but I wouldn't recommend it. Viridia is the Shot ID and is a must for PW4 runs, blablablah.
Make sure you don't underestimate the value of hit and unreduced specials when choosing guns. Ah, and Greenill's Rifles probably aren't really worth it compared to Yasminkov 9000M, Frozen Shooter and Bringer's Rifle. x_x

Ashcroft
Sep 5, 2005, 05:07 PM
Oran / Yellowboze

Purely for the konderiou drops, two of the best if not the best melee weapons. (Both RAmar equippable)

Viridia has been vastly improved with the release of ep4, that would be a good choice too.

JODDY
Sep 5, 2005, 05:20 PM
On 2005-09-05 15:07, Ashcroft wrote:
Oran / Yellowboze

Purely for the konderiou drops, two of the best if not the best melee weapons. (Both RAmar equippable)

Viridia has been vastly improved with the release of ep4, that would be a good choice too.

Sorry, I'm not much for meleeing. Guns are my weapons of choice so that really isnt much of a factor to my choosing. Although I need a melee weapon for the dang lizards. A Gungnir will do fine. Sorry for not specifying that.

Viridia sounds like the one for me. So i'll have a Purplenum, Whitill, Viridia and should I replace the Greenill with something else?

edit: Oh yeah, Tycho. Where are you hiding at on BB. you gave me your guild card while I was playing with you when you were doing box counts I think. I'm always on dude. If you ever need someone in a regular run get me man.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JODDY on 2005-09-05 15:30 ]</font>

Skorpius
Sep 5, 2005, 05:36 PM
Best 4?

Purplenum
Purplenum
Purplenum
Purplenum

Yasminkov 9000M, Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle.

All you'll ever really need, especially since games don't switch IDs after they're made. You can ask someone of an ID you want to use to make you a game to solo in, or something.

JODDY
Sep 5, 2005, 05:44 PM
On 2005-09-05 15:36, Skorpius wrote:

All you'll ever really need, especially since games don't switch IDs after they're made. You can ask someone of an ID you want to use to make you a game to solo in, or something.

WTH? I didnt frickin know that. I'm such a newbie bewbie.

Well, maybe i'll just go with my favorite colors. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dana
Sep 5, 2005, 06:20 PM
Purplenum is the best
Whitill is nice!

i say Purplenum mainly as it's done me best on GC even on my HU/FO's

kazuma56
Sep 5, 2005, 06:36 PM
I'm still in love with my greenill I.D, the fact that I got many 50+% to hit Demon's Laser made it worthwhile, because it's arguably by far the best long-range weapon a Ranger can get...add in the supposed fact the humans get a boost in demon specials and the v501 and my RAmar would seriously own all of Ult when he eventually gets his 50% to hit Demon's laser.

Sure the ep.4 drops are a little **** ATM, doesn't mean ST will not change them and that there are still far more empty spaces on greenill's drop chart then any other I.D.

Hrith
Sep 5, 2005, 06:57 PM
Greennill sucks, geez, get over it.

Ano Rifle, Frozen Shooter, Snow Queen, Bringer's Rifle, Heaven Striker are the only long-range weapons a Ranger should worry about, and only one is really rare.

Any ID can find a Demon's Laser with high hit%, and actually, Skyly is the best for that, since Type A IDs are better at finding ???? weapons that Type B IDs.

And Rangers do not need the hit%, anyway, especially not with Ranger Wall.

Quoting a 5-star rare to try and make an ID worthwhile is ludicrous.

Greennill has some good drops, like all IDs, but it's a bad choice, a very bad choice, even moreso on BB.

So yeah, Whitill, Purplenum or Viridia are top-notch Ranger IDs.

But since, like Skorpius mentioned, IDs now do not change after the creator leaves (and you pipe up), you should base your choice on one rare item you really want.
Guld Milla ? Whitill
Mille Marteaux? Bluefull
Heaven Striker? Purplenum
etc.

kazuma56
Sep 5, 2005, 10:14 PM
it's funny that you put bringers in there, it's special moght redeem it but without any hit percent, it's quite worthless IMO, sure Skyly can Find it, but what's Skyly worth to a Ranger? not much if at all, so if you want to pick or frequently join Skyly games just to "try" and find a Laser on the ground with hit and hope that some dude doesn't decide to pick it up for some meseta then by all means, go ahead and try, but it's far easier to choose greenill for it than any ither I.D.

BTW I didn't say it was the end all I.D's, just that it's good for a Ranger I.D because the fact that you CAN easily find one of the best normal weapons in the game along with some of the best weapons and Armor available for Rangers.

As for the Ranger Wall comment, I never was much for the berserker type of style (low DFP but good boost to X stat), better to just stick to a balanced char.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-09-05 20:19 ]</font>

Hrith
Sep 6, 2005, 05:33 AM
RAmarl + Bringer's = 304 ATA, really, I can hit anywhere with Demon's with 304 ATA. And if that really becomes a problem, Ranger Wall will make it 324. Low DFP does not matter much in areas where most damage dealt to you is not physical, and you just keep at bay, anyway.

Dana
Sep 6, 2005, 06:27 AM
On 2005-09-05 20:14, kazuma56 wrote:
it's funny that you put bringers in there, it's special moght redeem it but without any hit percent, it's quite worthless IMO, sure Skyly can Find it, but what's Skyly worth to a Ranger? not much if at all, so if you want to pick or frequently join Skyly games just to "try" and find a Laser on the ground with hit and hope that some dude doesn't decide to pick it up for some meseta then by all means, go ahead and try, but it's far easier to choose greenill for it than any ither I.D.

BTW I didn't say it was the end all I.D's, just that it's good for a Ranger I.D because the fact that you CAN easily find one of the best normal weapons in the game along with some of the best weapons and Armor available for Rangers.

As for the Ranger Wall comment, I never was much for the berserker type of style (low DFP but good boost to X stat), better to just stick to a balanced char.

Rangers are RAngers.

They attack from far..Why is def needed huh?

The HU's deal with CRC.

The fo's make defence at any amount almost inpenitrable!

bringers is amazing, FS is better IMO
All ID's can get a demons laser with hit

I mean Dana (skyly) had found a few 50%hit Charge vulcans in ruinslaps, and skyly is an EXETREMLY bad id for mechs....>.> finding gatlings in ultimate <,<

Tycho
Sep 6, 2005, 02:37 PM
They attack from far..Why is def needed huh?

Because Ill Gills and Gibbles don't stand still.

On 2005-09-05 20:14, kazuma56 wrote:

Ofcourse you need hit, because surely only RAmars with 50 hit stuff can hit things.
According to the special attack attachment rates (http://www.tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/Housoka/EXRates.html), the best place for hit + specials (Ult Ruins 1) for odd IDs is over 2.5 times as good as Greenill's. And since Greenill doesn't find 2.5 times as many Rifles as any other odd ID (http://www.tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/Housoka/WeapTypeFreq.html), this means Greenill isn't really better at all if you'd want to actively hunt for one. Purplenum and Viridia (two excellent Ranger IDs) on the other hand are odd.
Yasminkov 3000R is not one of the best Ranger weapons either, nor is Flame Garment one of the best Ranger Armors.
As long as you're soloing using a RAmar using Ranger Wall would be a no-no because of the excellent ATA and crappy Resta, but when spamming special attacks with a FO near, it's nice.
50 hit Demon's Rifles isn't the greatest weapon either. Rifles only hit one enemy, and they aren't really fast. If you're playing in Towers, why not just use an FS to freeze the enemies, then kill them using weapons that wouldn't need as much time to do it? I think Demon's would be a great special for S-rank Shots/Mechguns, Ranger Wall and V501/502 are nice since S-ranks cannot get any hit.

Greenill doesn't really have anything significant to offer that Purplenum does not have. x_x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2005-09-06 13:41 ]</font>

kazuma56
Sep 6, 2005, 10:04 PM
50 hit Demon's Rifles isn't the greatest weapon either. Rifles only hit one enemy, and they aren't really fast. If you're playing in Towers, why not just use an FS to freeze the enemies, then kill them using weapons that wouldn't need as much time to do it? I think Demon's would be a great special for S-rank Shots/Mechguns, Ranger Wall and V501/502 are nice since S-ranks cannot get any hit.

Actually, one shot from a Demon's special from a Human Ranger results in a 1 hit KO for lillies, it's more of a support type weapon, at lvl 196 along with 1 200 and another 130+ on GC doing PW#4 it worked wonders, 1 combo for the most part (2 shots of demons and 1 heavy = dead or 1 demons and 2 heavy with a critical = dead).

I combo'd it with the FS so once the enemy was frozen (ill gills/biters are the only ones that needed to be frozen anyhow), they usually died once I used the D.Laser, and since Humans get extra success with the demons special, it will work wonders coupled with the v501/v502 (or whatever the other 1 is called), just ask sumiko and his V501 using Spread Needle Racaseal.

I didn't say that you NEED hit percent to kill things, but it's way better to have a weapon with hit than a weapon without one, because if that wasn't so, half the people here wouldn't be searching for hit percent on their rares.

According to the special attack attachment rates, the best place for hit + specials (Ult Ruins 1) for odd IDs is over 2.5 times as good as Greenill's. And since Greenill doesn't find 2.5 times as many Rifles as any other odd ID, this means Greenill isn't really better at all if you'd want to actively hunt for one. Purplenum and Viridia (two excellent Ranger IDs) on the other hand are odd.

Meh,statistics don't mean much, didn't stop me from owning 5 40+ hit demon's laser all found on my greenill I.D, and when was that done? DC,GC or BB, who knows if the "code" has changed since then.

Yasminkov 3000R is not one of the best Ranger weapons either, nor is Flame Garment one of the best Ranger Armors.

Don't mean to offend, but check the rest of the Drop list, you'll notice that there is the AF and SSS/SF there, I barely used any Yasminkov and I owned all 4...although the 9k's were good, the Rage De Feu does have better ATP so I might go for that this time around.

Greenill doesn't really have anything significant to offer that Purplenum does not have. x_x

depends, Purplenum Armor variety sucks major *** IMO, that and the only good weapon it has is the yas 9k, for ep.2 (ep.1 drops don't stand out to me at all for Ramgers), and has good ep.4 drops (or from what I remeber anyway).

BTW Rifles are basically the same speed as a handgun, easily one of the fastest weapons in the game, add in the v101 and it's probably unparalled in it's speed.

Saiffy
Sep 6, 2005, 10:13 PM
This seems to have gone from "best RA section ID" to "Hay lets bash greennill/defend greennill". And it boils down to, you're not gonna change anybodies opinion, ever. Don't try.

Having said that, I would probablly say purplenum is one of the best, for basic RA equiment, anyways. But for my RAcast on GC...I only use s-rank weapons(Save tower) really...Which all IDs can get, obviously. I've never really had a problem with equipment either(Hey! We can have more than one ID for finding stuff. Electro Frame on a bluefull, there elctro frame drop sucks! How does he do it?!)

Since God/Battle owns so much, we must all be redrias, right? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Hrith
Sep 6, 2005, 10:22 PM
If statistics do not matter much, your experience does even less.

Really, what poor arguments.

People looking for "high hit% weapons" are hunters, or people using dreadfully inaccurate specials like Charge.

Hit% on rangers is not needed, and we're talking rangers.

Purplenum finds Sacred Cloth, DF Field, Spirit Garment, Lieutenant Mantle, Tripolic shield, Yata Mirror, Striker Plus, Regenerate Gear B.P.

Greennill does not do as good in armours and shields.

Handguns are significantly faster than rifles, and speaking of V101, Purplenum finds it, not Greennill.

Try and find real arguments instead of saying "I do well with my Greennill".
Statistics are a lot more important than your limited experience.

I do well with my Pinkal, I even found a 70% hit Charge Beam on Pinkal, while it's the worst ID for rifles.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

kazuma56
Sep 7, 2005, 03:42 AM
On 2005-09-06 20:22, Kef wrote:
If statistics do not matter much, your experience does even less.

Really, what poor arguments.

People looking for "high hit% weapons" are hunters, or people using dreadfully inaccurate specials like Charge.

Hit% on rangers is not needed, and we're talking rangers.

Purplenum finds Sacred Cloth, DF Field, Spirit Garment, Lieutenant Mantle, Tripolic shield, Yata Mirror, Striker Plus, Regenerate Gear B.P.

Greennill does not do as good in armours and shields.

Handguns are significantly faster than rifles, and speaking of V101, Purplenum finds it, not Greennill.

Try and find real arguments instead of saying "I do well with my Greennill".
Statistics are a lot more important than your limited experience.

I do well with my Pinkal, I even found a 70% hit Charge Beam on Pinkal, while it's the worst ID for rifles.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Not the statistic thing again, as I have probably said in the past, drop rates are something you should keep in mind, but not use in arguments, it's like saying "why work when I can win the lottery", it just doesn't factor into logic, 1 person can find a baranz launcher on their first Baranz while another person could kill 1000 and find none.

Sure you can throw around the "well he/she is unlucky arg" but luck is also something that you can't use either because it's not something thats proven or real, just something we throw around to make ourselves feel less accomplished or more so.

As for Armors
Sacred Cloth- this armor sucks, comes pre-built with antipara but with such nerfed stats, why bother.

DF Field- meh, my Greenill can get one and I have found 2 of them in the past.

Spirit Garment- has crap stats, good for magic users I guess and for changing into whatever armor it does turn into (brightness circle?)

Lieutenant Mantle- I guessing that its stats aren't better then the AF anyhow, and if it comes with any extra things it's probably something that another person/item can take care off easily.

Tripolic shield- Haven't gotten one before but SSS is still the best shield in the game...unless you're going for looks.

Yata Mirror - looks cool, but falls into the same category as the other shields when compared to SSS, good when compared with Kusanagi but with the "drop rates" of ep4, why even bother to list it.

Regenerate Gear B.P.- correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't an enemy drop this for greenill in ep4 as well?

Striker Plus- again, looks decent enough but it's boosts don't mean much without the set.

What's with all these pointless charge weapon args? I've found a 95% to Dark charge vulcan on A skyly I.D, so what? I can buy a 50% to hit charge anything from the store, and charge weapons over 50 hit is just overkill, it's special efficiency is higher than demons so a 50% to hit demons is closer to a 50% hit Charge weapon when you have hit then without it.

Guess Saiffy is right, I'm not out to change any of your minds, just pointing out that Greenill should be a consideration in best ranger I.D's then just those mentioned, it's a good all around I.D for Armor and weapons.

BTW never said Greenill found v101 did I? just said that with V101 it would be fairly fast, even with a god battle the difference between handgun and rilfe is miniscule...and I was never arguing that hit percent was needed, just that it's far better to have a weapon with hit than one without, those misses you see when using your Yas9k at near max range would be reduced with hit%.

And limited experience....explain, otherwise it's just pulling on invisible strings.

Hrith
Sep 7, 2005, 03:57 AM
Saying that Sacred Cloth sucks, saying that SSS is better than Tripolic Shield, or even more hilarious, best shield in the game, saying that Aura field can even slightly compare to Lieutenant Mantle...

Can you come back when you have a little more experience?
> Kazuma

And nice going saying statistics only matter if they are in your favour. How could your several finds with Greennill not be interpreted as luck, and thus have no arguing value?

Greennill is not a good ranger ID, simply because it is not a good ID at all. It was way down the ladder on GC, now it's gone even worse, because Bluefull, Pinkal and Oran got a lot better.

Of all the exclusive and 'easier in Greennill' drops, only two are worth noticing: Guard Wave, which is far from being a great armour, I'd rather use Sacred Cloth; Dragon's Scale and Limiter. Breathtaking >_>

Stop being a Greennill fanboy, look at the drops, they either suck, or are found elsewhere at similar or better rates.

Mixfortune
Sep 7, 2005, 04:01 AM
As has been stated, this is about Ranger ID recommendations.
As it seems they will also be going and hunting for various rares for an extended amount of time in various IDs (and even if they weren't for a RA), they'd still be able to find a Demon's Laser fairly easily if they actually pick up all ???? Lasers and check them out, regardless of ID.

Personally, recommendations should consider what other IDs cannot get, i.e. the set rares for that particular ID.

That said...

I didn't say that you NEED hit percent to kill things, but it's way better to have a weapon with hit than a weapon without one, because if that wasn't so, half the people here wouldn't be searching for hit percent on their rares.

Let's assume this is correct, and that 50% of the people search for hit percent on rares. Who needs that hit percent? HUnters and FOrces, for the most part. Maybe somewhat with lower RA, sure, but there comes a point where you reach a limit, and the effectiveness is essentially peaked. A RA with 400 ATA would not be much more effective than a RA with, say, 375 ATA.

So, keep in mind these points:
1. Hit%: Ideally, HU, FO, or any lower level RA (also: rushing). If rushing, you most likely would not be using a Demon's Laser anyways.
2. As hit for RA is not breakingly essential, even something like 20 or 30 hit Demon's Laser would seem enough. More than likely easily findable without Greenill ID.
3. You said it yourself. Hit percent on their rares.

Meh,statistics don't mean much, didn't stop me from owning 5 40+ hit demon's laser all found on my greenill I.D, and when was that done? DC,GC or BB, who knows if the "code" has changed since then.

Then your ID recommendation, as asked for by the topic is...null?

In either case, I suggest you all look back and see what this thread is actually about, and what it has become. This Purplenum vs. Greenill argument has happened before, and to tell the truth it's wearing thin, especially since the same points are still being argued over as last time, with the same people.
Cool it a bit.

Tycho
Sep 7, 2005, 08:54 AM
Basing an opinion purely on experiences in a certain ID is ludicrous, since it does not take into consideration the odds for that to happen in that ID, or for it to happen in other IDs.
Also, I think Lieutenant Mantle is about the best armor fleshy characters could get; do not only consider its stat increases. >_>;

Dana
Sep 7, 2005, 04:09 PM
Let me just say. In BB the other armors wirth thinking about are
Aura Field~still best Def makes this stil great

Sacred Cloth~IMO the best armor in GC and still in BB

Lt. Mantle~Sense plate with Guardwave stats and requiremnts>>>>>UBER

Crimson coat~Red daggers anyone?

Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou~hmm, i am not sure anbout the spelling, anyways
Boost with Katanas and gives Built in H/Battle!

Greenill has never been able to compete with Purplenum, Whitill or Viridia, come nowherenear the otherb ID's now BB had made them better!
I would dare say Pinkal and greenil are close as i have no idea Pinkal BB drops for ep4 but fomr what i know, they are GREAT Pinkal>grenill! pity huh http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
EDIT: Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2005-09-07 14:11 ]</font>

kazuma56
Sep 7, 2005, 05:37 PM
I consider any weapon in yellow coloring rare, and since demon's laser is yellow, it's rare IMO.

As for the cap, sure it's there, but 304 compared to 350+ is a big difference in efficiency, To choose a I.D because things seem more "likely" doesn't mean they are, drops are considered to be random (at least for this games standards because nothing can be completely random in gaming code).

My finds lucky, no not really, I don't consider finding 5 (probably more but didn't take 20-30+ with hit %'s), demons laser with high hit after 196 lvls "lucky", now finding 5 by say lvl 120 I would, but playing a game for 800+ hours and only finding 1 or 2 (Guld and Iritisia) pinnacle rares is not luck, Luck is something I don't believe in when it comes to games because games cannot be completly random like real life can be.

And Viridia a good I.D? really, it's good rares are more Hunter based than Ranger based (Flame Visit sucks but Nei's claw is good, ep.4 drops are good but its ep1-2 drops suck for Ranger weaponry).

That's it though Tycho, basing drops by I.D's is ridiculous, People have found an item that's harder to find on X I.D compared to it's easier counter-part, I got my SSS on Greenill at lvl 115, my friend who was piping it didn't get the drop till after lvl 120 of straight hunting since 100, which brings me back to the initial point, because it seems more likely doesn't mean it is.

Maybe everyone has different "luck" in PSO by even and odd, some people probably bloom in bad drop rates while it's vise-versa for others, and since drops cannot be backed up by their rates, (unlike some games like WOW where you always find an epic armor set per raid), it's more or less putting your hope into something that is quite a fickle thing.

As for armors, it's more subjective than anything, most games have at least 1 or 2 andriods so Trap vision is still pointless IMO, that and memorizng the maps usually means memorizing trap layouts among enemies layouts as well.

Sacred cloth isn't that helpful, in ep1-2 how many times does paralysis appear, not as frequent as slow-mo or shock does, i'd rather a built in shock armor then paralysis because with the new 10 (16 if you count panel) quick select panel, it's far easier to have and use a antiparalysis then Sol's since they are always available at stores, and I've never had to use more than 1-3 per stage....don't know about you guys, but traps are easily passable in all of ep1-2 via using the F1 key.

Greenill Fanboy, LOL no where did I say that X I.D sucks, I might discredit their drops but you people assumed I meant they sucked, and we all know what they say about assuming.

Still saying limited experience without explaining....

I'm gonna leave it at this, you can comeback and say whatever you want but this ahs gone off on a tangent which it shouldn't have, I just gave my reasons as to why greenill should be up there with the other Ra I.D's and look what happens.... guess certain people on these boards just think that what they say is "good" has to be true, not everyone has to adhere to whay the general populace thinks is good, or we would all be Ramarls instead of any other RAnger because they "are the best class in PSO along with Hune's" http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-09-07 15:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-09-08 02:50 ]</font>

REJ-
Sep 7, 2005, 07:24 PM
On 2005-09-07 15:37, kazuma56 wrote:
I consider any weapon in yellow coloring rare, and since demon's laser is yellow, it's rare IMO.

As for the cap, sure it's there, but 304 compared to 350+ is a big difference in efficiency, To choose a I.D because things seem more "likely" doesn't mean they are, drops are considered to be random (at least for this games standards because nothing can be completely random in gaming code).

My finds lucky, no not really, I don't consider finding 5 (probably more but didn't take 20-30+ with hit %'s), demons laser with high hit after 196 lvls "lucky", now finding 5 by say lvl 120 I would, but playing a game for 800+ hours and only finding 1 or 2 (Guld and Iritisia) pinnacle rares is not luck, Luck is something I don't believe in when it comes to games because games cannot be completly random like real life can be.

And Viridia a good I.D? really, it's good rares are more Hunter based than Ranger based (Flame Visit sucks but Nei's claw is good, ep.4 drops are good but its ep1-2 drops suck for Ranger weaponry).

That's it though Tycho, basing drops by I.D's is ridiculous, People have found an item that's harder to find on X I.D compared to it's easier counter-part, I got my SSS on Greenill at lvl 115, my friend who was piping it didn't get the drop till after lvl 120 of straight hunting since 100, which brings me back to the initial point, because it seems more likely doesn't mean it is.

Maybe everyone has different "luck" in PSO by even and odd, some people probably bloom in bad drop rates while it's vise-versa for others, and since drops cannot be backed up by their rates, (unlike some games like WOW where you always find an epic armor set per raid), it's more or less putting your hope into something that is quite a fickle thing.

As for armors, it's more subjective than anything, most games have at least 1 or 2 andriods so Trap vision is still pointless IMO, that and memorizng the maps usually means memorizing trap layouts among enemies layouts as well.

Sense plate isn't that helpful, in ep1-2 how many times does paralysis appear, not as frequent as slow-mo or shock does, i'd rather a built in shock armor then paralysis because with the new 10 (16 if you count panel) quick select panel, it's far easier to have and use a antiparalysis then Sol's since they are always available at stores, and I've never had to use more than 1-3 per stage....don't know about you guys, but traps are easily passable in all of ep1-2 via using the F1 key.

Greenill Fanboy, LOL no where did I say that X I.D sucks, I might discredit their drops but you people assumed I meant they sucked, and we all know what they say about assuming.

Still saying limited experience without explaining....

I'm gonna leave it at this, you can comeback and say whatever you want but this ahs gone off on a tangent which it shouldn't have, I just gave my reasons as to why greenill should be up there with the other Ra I.D's and look what happens.... guess certain people on these boards just think that what they say is "good" has to be true, not everyone has to adhere to whay the general populace thinks is good, or we would all be Ramarls instead of any other RAnger because they "are the best class in PSO along with Hune's" http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-09-07 15:42 ]</font>

Damn Right!

It's all just opinion. If someone thinks that getting Yas3kR is worth using a Greenill, then it is. If someone thinks that getting Yas9kM is worth using a purplenum, then it is. If someone thinks SJS is worth using a Skyly, then it is. Dammit, if someone thinks that using (insert ID type here) cause it has a 0.000001% more chance than all other ID's to get a Handgun+6 with 5%native, then if thats their opinion, then sure as hell it's worth using that ID.

And as for one item being good or bad, it's opinion too. I made my character Redria for the purpose of finding God/Battle. I went through a lot of runs and eventually got it, and since I like using it, then it was worth it. If someone else does the same thing but doesn't like God/Battle, then it was not worth using a Redria.

If someone thinks that Purplenum, Whitill and Viridia are the best ranger IDs, then they should use those IDs. If someone thinks that Pinkal, Skyly and Oran are the best ranger IDs, then if that's what they think, they should use those IDs.

It's pointless to argue, even if you disagree with other opinions, so you might as well stop arguing.

Hrith
Sep 7, 2005, 07:33 PM
Yet, he persists, with the same empty, fake and erroneous arguments.

I mean, you cannot even read, no one mentioned Sense Plate.

You say you found your SSS in Greennill (VR Merlan) before someone else in Viridia (VR Mil Lily), but I found my Yas2k in Viridia (Sinow Zele) before many Greennill players (VR Del-D), since Terra was not even Lv 100.

I'm not sure if you realise how stupid your argument is.

You cannot make a suggestion adding "you may get lucky, nothing is fixed", you simply cannot.

The only things you can base a reliable suggestion off are statistics and fatcs.

1/1024 from a Lily in Temple is about 4 times as easy as 1/3304 from a Merlan.
That's a fact, not arguable. Compile all such facts, and you get your answer: Greennill is a bad ID.
Try and prove otherwise, you will fail, because we did this before.
But if you wanna try, bring facts, not "I got lucky on this" or "I could get unlucky on that", just facts, without any personal input, without a single "I" or "me".

Because, yeah, your experience is limited. At Lv 196, you have not experienced the game mechanics at all. Ade has two Lv 200, and he hasn't either, no one has. Experience cannot be in any way representative of how PSO works, no matter how vast that experience is (mine, Ade's, Auracom's, Kamica's, Keystone's, etc.)

Mixfortune
Sep 8, 2005, 12:53 AM
I think it's safe to say now that the OP has all the information they need to make their decision.

As fun as it may be to steer horribly off topic and argue about what validates or constitutes an ID recommendation, it's left up to the OP to finally take the information and decide, not to have a person decide for them. Offer information, but don't completely annihilate each other for it.

And since my suggestion to rethink the posting trend of this thread seems to have gone ignored, I'll leave it to be dealt with how MQISID mods deem fitting.