PDA

View Full Version : An error?

Sizzors
Sep 5, 2005, 05:23 PM
Ok I'm playing through Hard Seabeds with my brother(Gamecube) and we just get to the Lower levels when the screen goes blank and it says 'An error has occured, please turn gamcube off and check manual'- blah blah blah. When I look at the manual it says that there may be either an Internal problem, or the disc. Now that preplexs me even more.

First off my gamecube is half-broken, the TV actually DROPPED on top of it about...2 1/2 years ago. But the funny thing is, nothing happened. THe game was still on and Link was just sitting there(Was playing Wind Waker). So now I think that maybe it can't go on, so I'm thinking about repairng/replacing it.

BUT, my PSO disc is also a bit scratched, minor scratches and a bit of dust on it. I cleaned it using the 'proper' method but scratches, minor ones, are still visible. I'm torn between gettting a new disc, or replacing my gamecube. This doesn't apply to PSO only, all my other games have scratches(minor). So I need some assistance.

DO NOT tell me to go to Blue Burst. I won't listen, I have a budget that's too tight for $9 a month.

Edit: Include some details...
-Gamecube is Black and purchased in 2002( December)
-PSO disc isn't Plus and was also purchased in 2002, so any online upgrades weren't given to me.
-I am troubleshooting with my other games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sizzors on 2005-09-05 15:42 ]</font>

GhosttheBat
Sep 5, 2005, 05:50 PM
Hmmm, I suggest trying again to see if you recieve the error again.

If you do recieve it, then I don't know.
I would get PSO Plus because its cheaper than replacing a Gamecube.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhosttheBat on 2005-09-05 15:51 ]</font>