PDA

View Full Version : Yas 3kR

daniel
Sep 5, 2005, 10:29 PM
Ya so I've been hunting this one for about a week now. Done 30+ Ult. Unsealed Door and 30+ Ult. Mines laps and I still haven't gotten it(offline). Am I doing something wrong? Kill the Gilchich right? BTW, I am a Greenill Ranger Lvl 134. I think I read in one of the guides, the drop rate is 1/1000 or something like that. Maybe I'm wrong. Am I just really unlucky?

I think I might just give up for now and try to get red mechguns. Any advice?

Saiffy
Sep 5, 2005, 10:30 PM
Just dumb luck, only way it'll drop if if you keep killing them.

Fossil
Sep 6, 2005, 05:01 AM
Wow, that many runs and you still haven't found it? That really sucks. I remember doing a random Greenill Soul Blade run and got lucky with one dropping in that game(online). Maybe my luck will spread to you through... electricity. >_>

Just keep it up, Yas3k is really a powerful weapon.

Neith
Sep 6, 2005, 06:27 AM
I got 2 in one mines run >_< Just keep running it, it'll drop eventually.

Neith
Sep 6, 2005, 06:33 AM
As far as I'm aware, yes, the 3000R has the highest potential ATP of rifles, but no special attack.

Sizzors
Sep 6, 2005, 06:33 AM
Quick question, becuase they grind to 60(the gun) does that mean it will have the highest variable ATP of all the rifles? Or am I doing my math wrong.

It would be around 400-500 or in that range?

Sizzors
Sep 6, 2005, 06:36 AM
Mmmkay...no special (:'() Oh well, I have my Red Handgun to back me up.

Thank you, and good luck with your hunt daniel.

Hrith
Sep 6, 2005, 11:13 AM
On 2005-09-06 04:33, UrikoBB3 wrote:
As far as I'm aware, yes, the 3000R has the highest potential ATP of rifles, but no special attack.Heaven Striker ;x

Neith
Sep 6, 2005, 11:18 AM
On 2005-09-06 09:13, Kef wrote:
Heaven Striker ;x

So it's a Rifle.. I thought it was a bit big for a handgun >_> If that's the case, PSOW's database needs changing.

Oh, and I think I could get a Yas3k before a Heaven Striker http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saiffy
Sep 6, 2005, 11:57 AM
On 2005-09-06 09:18, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2005-09-06 09:13, Kef wrote:
Heaven Striker ;x

So it's a Rifle.. I thought it was a bit big for a handgun >_> If that's the case, PSOW's database needs changing.

Oh, and I think I could get a Yas3k before a Heaven Striker http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It is a handgun, look how Terra(Manly like) holds the gun while shooting:
http://www.ragol.co.uk/uploads/item_images/heavenstriker.jpg
Hope ragol.co.uk doesn't mind me using their image ;x

It just has greater range than handguns...Or rifle range, rather.

daniel
Sep 6, 2005, 12:04 PM
Red Box from Gilchich today! Unfortunately, just a PD. =(

the search continues...

Hrith
Sep 6, 2005, 12:13 PM
On 2005-09-06 09:57, Saiffy wrote:
It is a handgun, look how Terra (manly like) holds the gun while shooting:
http://www.ragol.co.uk/uploads/item_images/heavenstriker.jpg
Hope ragol.co.uk doesn't mind me using their image ;x

It just has greater range than handguns... Or rifle range, rather.No, I do not mind you linking to the image... but I do mind you calling my RAmarl manly http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

If has rifle range, but handgun speed (being a handgun), more ATP than any rifle/handgun in the game, and berserk special. Yeah, it kinda wins.

I would not go for Yas3k, myself, no special is a total waste, Justy can deal more damage than Yas3k, on a RAmar/l, let alone Bringer's rifle, which Greennill finds.

daniel
Sep 6, 2005, 12:21 PM
really justy does more dmg? I always thought that the yas might do more. anyways, ive got a bajillion justys but i never use it cuz its too slow and does too little for its fire rate. it used to be the only gun i could use in ultimate, but now it pales compared to my mains right now:the justice(some mech gun), spread needle and frozen shoot. justy has a pretty sweet special, but its not reliable enough for me. and when it does become reliable, i no longer need it, as killing it straight out is usually easier.

Neith
Sep 6, 2005, 12:32 PM
Ah, thanks for correcting me on that then.

So, the Yas 3k IS the most powerful rifle for ATP, since the H-Striker doesn't strictly count as a rifle.

As for the Justy, I'm guessing the reason Kef said it deals more damage is because of the special (being one that halves enemy HP, Devil's I think?)

Hrith
Sep 6, 2005, 01:58 PM
Heaven Striker should count as a Rifle, and as a Handgun, too, because it has the advantages of both combined. Without suffering from any drawback except maybe looking like a spaceship, as Rena puts it >_>.

MT7218
Sep 6, 2005, 03:13 PM
On 2005-09-06 11:58, Kef wrote:
Heaven Striker should count as a Rifle, and as a Handgun, too, because it has the advantages of both combined. Without suffering from any drawback except maybe looking like a spaceship, as Rena puts it >_>.

Isn't the Heaven Striker's special only handgun range? I thought it was...

Flash07
Sep 6, 2005, 05:23 PM
[quote]
On 2005-09-06 10:32, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Ah, thanks for correcting me on that then.

So, the Yas 3k IS the most powerful rifle for ATP, since the H-Striker doesn't strictly count as a rifle.

As for the Justy, I'm guessing the reason Kef said it deals more damage is because of the special (being one that halves enemy HP, Devil's I think?)

So does the Bronger's Rifle 1/2 or 1/4 enemy's health?

Delfi
Sep 6, 2005, 06:39 PM
So can we safely say that the Heavens Striker from this day will be known as belonging to the "HandRifle" class hahaha just kidding.

On the other hand wouldnt Srank rifle be stronger than yas3k ? for non Ep4 players?? grindable to +220 taking its atp in the range of 1900 using shifta lvl 20 on a ramarl with maxed atp and you get the added bonus of being able to choose a special to put on it and the added bonus of naming it after one of your characters.

daniel
Sep 6, 2005, 06:46 PM
ya i wish i was online so i could get some srank. there are definitely better rifles out there, but i thought yas 3k would be a relatively easy find and would be a good addition to my armory.

REJ-
Sep 6, 2005, 07:00 PM
I don't like the Yas 3000R really. It has no special, and looks messed. I'd go for the Ano Rifle, cause it has a useful special, It's not that far behind the Y3kR in Power, and it looks AWESOME.

DezoPenguin
Sep 6, 2005, 07:36 PM
On 2005-09-06 16:39, Delfi wrote:
So can we safely say that the Heavens Striker from this day will be known as belonging to the "HandRifle" class hahaha just kidding.

On the other hand wouldnt Srank rifle be stronger than yas3k ? for non Ep4 players?? grindable to +220 taking its atp in the range of 1900 using shifta lvl 20 on a ramarl with maxed atp and you get the added bonus of being able to choose a special to put on it and the added bonus of naming it after one of your characters.

S-Rank is 10 ATP +440 = 450 ATP
Y3K is 370-400 ATP +120 = 490-520 = 505 ATP

Shifta is irrelevant, since it merely increases the quality of the stronger weapon (heck, since the Y3K has variable ATP, Shifta also adds that bonus on top of the increase).

Nothing in Episode I & II is stronger in terms of ATP than the Y3K, rifle-wise. Lots of items are better in terms of overall ability due to special attack, yes (or that ever-so-subjective category, looks), but the Y3K tops all in pure ATP consideration.

Sizzors
Sep 6, 2005, 07:58 PM
On 2005-09-06 16:39, Delfi wrote:

But you're assuming he's online, he's not(as stated in an above post) so for offline Gamecube that rifle is the best in it's class(right?). I don't have Blue burst so I'm not part of that discussion.

Bleh, someone beat me to what I just said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sizzors on 2005-09-06 17:59 ]</font>

Skorpius
Sep 6, 2005, 07:59 PM
What sucks is that Yas3k is Greenill only, since Greenill can find the overpowered, standard, Frozen Shooter. Not sure why they haven't narfed it's special attack to deal only ice damage yet.

Sizzors
Sep 6, 2005, 08:04 PM
But couldn't you say that for other single ID items, or single ID low drop rates? Such as, the SJS, which when unsealed is OWNAGE with high synchro on your mag, right? Or Purplenums having a 1/205 drop for Psycho Wands when every other ID is 10000 or 100000 at the least. It's probably balanced in the end, or ST could be crazy. Personally, I go with option 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sizzors on 2005-09-06 18:05 ]</font>

Hrith
Sep 6, 2005, 10:09 PM
Including the odds of a Mil Lily showing up, the rarity of Psycho Wand in Purplenum is 1/104960, Bluefull and Oran look a lot better to me.

MuroDaisuke
Sep 7, 2005, 05:19 PM
Keep in mind, with VERY high Shifta and Deband (4 way PB definitely) the YASMINKOV 7000V will actually have greater ATP than the 3000R. I forget about the "ATP bonus thing on certain weapons," but I do know some weapons benefit from high level S/D. If someone can briefly explain this concept, I'd appreciate it.

Ketchup345
Sep 7, 2005, 05:29 PM
On 2005-09-07 15:19, MuroDaisuke wrote:
Keep in mind, with VERY high Shifta and Deband (4 way PB definitely) the YASMINKOV 7000V will actually have greater ATP than the 3000R. I forget about the "ATP bonus thing on certain weapons," but I do know some weapons benefit from high level S/D. If someone can briefly explain this concept, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=84571&forum=7&0
I quoted a large explanation by VM in there that talks specifically about Shifta.

On 2005-09-06 20:09, Kef wrote:
Including the odds of a Mil Lily showing up, the rarity of Psycho Wand in Purplenum is 1/104960, Bluefull and Oran look a lot better to me.

Bluefull or Oran may look better when doing runs, but you only have to average 11,663 pipes if doing this offline in GC/XBox (assuming 9 per pipe).
Pipes take next to no time compared to a run, and you would have to do less pipes than finding Delbiters for Bluefull, or individual Mountain runs for Oran (I didn't include the time getting to the piping shot, but from wat I remember it isn't all that far).