PDA

View Full Version : A rant to end all rants. (A possible good-bye)

Skorpius
Sep 5, 2005, 10:44 PM
I've kept it to myself for the last couple months, but I think it's time everyone knows my current situation.

I guess it all started when I dropped out of highschool, big mistake, yeah, so it was difficult to find a job. At that time, my father had sold our house and we were living in an apartment for 5 months. We moved in April 2003, we had gotten a computer and a DSL line, and I was online with PSO. It was all right, though. We had money from our house left over that we were given, and I was searching for a job. What happened, though, was that after 2 years of living there, we were getting frustrated and running out of money. My mother's hours at her work were cut shorter and shorter and no job within my traveling distance was hiring, at all. No calls, nothing.

My cousin, Tim, offered my mother a place to live. We took it, he lived in a house and we needed a place to stay. 3 people living in one house should be able to keep it. With little help, we moved our stuff gradually, until the last day. It was a rush, but we finally moved our stuff over. May 1st, 2005, and we were living in a house again. My mother was happy that we wouldn't have much to worry about anymore.

That changed, when my cousin started hounding me to get a job. I looked, I was always looking, no one was hiring. After about a month and a half of looking, he gpt fed up and decided that I should get my General Eduacation Diploma, G.E.D., which took a couple of weeks to get. I took the test on June 18th, and recieved my diploma on July 6th, and I kept searching. Tim told my mother that we would have to be out of here by the and of August unless we were able to pay for part of the house. That was until he came to my mother and told her that we could have until the end of September. Now that was good news, until he then pulled the date back until this Friday.

That's right, this Friday, I'll be homeless. There are a lot of holes in my story, but let me tell you that my cousin is a dickface. He lied to us, tried to use us, and is blaming us for it all.

He gave away all of his things and never said much to us. We suddenly hear that we need to be out by Friday. It's easy for him to just up and leave to drive trucks across country, and leave us behind.

There are so many details missing, this isn't a proper rant, but I hope some people will understand the severity of the situation we're in. The only thing we're relying on is one signature from my uncle, co-signing the apartment lease we hope to get. If that fails, then I say goodbye to everyone.

All of the people, who have sided themselves against me on the internet, win. They know who they are. They don't visit this place often, but I'm sure word will get around that Skorp might be homeless. The ones that have decided to set their lives against me and to ATTEMPT to make my time on the internet a Hell, although failing to do so. If all goes to plan, I'll be back in a week after disconnecting. I hope things go well.

For those that have been good to me, I thank you all. Especially Melanie, my love. She's been there through every detail, every high/low point. She's my second half, and the only thing that keep me from breaking down. She keeps my mind sharp, and allows me to think things through. I love her.

Not really a rant to end all rants, so to speak, since the structure is off. My mind isn't quite captuing all of the details necessary to tell how confusing, hopeless, and sad our current situation is. (So mind-numbingly difficult that I accidentally posted this in the wrong area.. so I repost it here in Rants, where I wanted it..)

And, for the record, I know I'm not in New Orleans. I understand that. But a hurricane didn't cause my problems. I don't have a natual isaster to blame, I don't have relief coming to my rescue, and I won't get government supplies to help me out. So, please, refrian from making those types of remarks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-09-05 20:46 ]</font>

Maridia
Sep 5, 2005, 10:51 PM
I don't know what to say that I haven't said already, but I'm hoping and praying and god, things have to work out.

Tim is a dick. I didn't like him when I met him, I don't like him at all now. When your family finds out what he's done, he'll be the one to suffer, not you guys.

I love you. Be strong. It'll all work out eventually.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 5, 2005, 10:59 PM
First and foremost.

Don't give two shits about anyone having grudges against you over the internet. Giving you a hard time for whatever reason.

Seriously, they're sitting at a comp and have nothing better to do than give you a "piece of their mind" directing their own bullshit at you?

Push that aside and work on what you need to do. Don't pay any attention to people who will mess with you over an internet connection.

I'm not saying you are letting it get to you, just a statement of it doesn't matter. Internet egos/internet as a whole takes a backseat to getting your life back on track.
-
-
Let's all hope you can pull through from this.

Its very sad to hear such a thing happen. Lies, backstabbing, whatever you want to call it.

But life isn't over.
You can have a second start.

The apartment plans in waiting, hostiles, shelters, wherever; there are places you can use to help you get back on your feet.

City services, unemployment agencies, welfare, city library internet access, whatever it takes right?
-

How would your cousing leaving to drive across the coutry be an end all for you and your immediate family?

Someone is foreclosing the home; it was sold?

If this is too much info to want to give out on a public forum, I certainly understand.

Don't give up, don't give in yeah?

Here's hoping you can be okay and pull through.

Saiffy
Sep 5, 2005, 11:00 PM
You know I care about you Steve, and I wish the best for you... I'll be praying... And.. Anything. I just hope you can make it past all this. Be strong, I know you can do it.

I love you like a brother, and I just wish there was something I could do.

Sagasu
Sep 5, 2005, 11:08 PM
You're a talented guy, skorpius. So I have faith that you and your family will handle this.

Best of luck. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ancient
Sep 5, 2005, 11:33 PM
It may sound really stupid, but I respect you as a fellow artist. Good luck with what you've got to do and I hope to still see you around the forums for a good long time.

Solstis
Sep 6, 2005, 12:01 AM
To be frank, I don't like your personality or attitude on the forums.

That being said, I wouldn't wish negative things upon my worst enemies (or, at least, I would feel bad about doing so afterwards), and I hope that things pull through for you and your mother.

It's hard to remember that behind the little forum avatar, there is a person, and that person has their own trials to face. I sincerely wish that you make it through yours, and eventually (or even soon) end up with a happy and fulfilling life. Something tells me that you will. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Here's to you and Mel.

Wyndham
Sep 6, 2005, 12:56 AM
I know we're not exactly anything more than a trivial aquaitence, but im hoping you get out of this problem with your head on straight.
good luck.

navci
Sep 6, 2005, 01:06 AM
Well screw what the internet thinks.
And well, hurricane isn't the only thing that can drive people homeless.

I wish I have some sage advice, but I guess all I can say is to see what would your local social services have to offer. At least both of you are in good health, there has to be something that will come up that will at least get you guys settled. I mean, if I can support a family of two with near minimum wage, there must be SOMETHING that you guys can manage. Just hang in there and keep going.

Good luck.

Zelutos
Sep 6, 2005, 02:14 AM
Illegal eviction. Take him to court. Also, if he gave your stuff away without your consent, also illegal. there are alot of things i could point out that you could sue for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2005-09-06 00:15 ]</font>

Hrigg
Sep 6, 2005, 06:40 AM
Well Skorp, best of luck. I really hope a big oppurtunity comes up for you.

Sayara
Sep 6, 2005, 08:17 AM
Well Skorp. People have always told me that there is always a light after any tunnel. And i know that sounds like a lot of cliched bullshit it usually is true.

I wish you the best of luck getting through this little fiasco and return to your normal schedule. Besides, who else will become the Big Usada again? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyway. Good luck to you.

EphekZ
Sep 6, 2005, 08:42 AM
Well, I've seen you around a couple of times and all I can do is best of hope and stuff but Im pretty sure you cn do what Zel told you...Yea...

TheOneHero
Sep 6, 2005, 09:04 AM
Awhile back, when my family moved from Texas; we were homeless for awhile. Stayed in a hotel for like half a year. Our stuff in storage.

Then a little bit after that, we finally got a house; the thing caught on fire and was uninhabitable for several months. We stayed in a hotel. Changing rooms at least once a week.

Being a little kid at the time, I wasn't sure what would happen to us. Sure my dad had a job, but we still didn't have a lot of money. Repairing our house, raising 6 kids, car repairs/payments. (Our van got stolen, the dude drove it across the plains to vegas, lol)

So, I kinda know how you feel, Skorp. :/ I'll be praying for you, and I hope everything turns out for the best.

Good luck. =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-09-06 07:07 ]</font>

Momo-chan
Sep 6, 2005, 09:12 AM
All i can say really is, work with what you have and not worry about what you don't. Strive your best to stay strong and belive. You have so many people here that have your support. Let those be hope for you. If things seem down/hopeless, then just think of all the people here who love you and pray for your safety.

At this point in time you can't loose hope. Your going to have to stay strong. Everyone has their rough times, but out of the rough times comes good things. It just takes time. How long? the more you have hope, the faster time will go by. The instant you loose hope, is the instant that time will never come.

So, do us all a favor and stay strong. We belive in you, and there isn't a reason you shouldn't belive in yourself.

Good luck, and hoping for the best. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Skorpius
Sep 6, 2005, 11:42 AM
We have two possible outcomes.

One, we can get this apartment we're hoping to get, or we can move in with a stranger who owns a house.

The apartment:
$799 per month for rent.
$250 down, +$10 per month for pets.
$350 security deposit.
$200 down to hold the apartment for us.
Additional money for public storage.

Still in this neighborhood, which I dislike. I'm unfamiliar with it and there aren't too many jobs available. It also costs quite a bit of money, as you can see. Some things we'll have to sacrifice (again) is that we would have to walk our dog all the time (rain, sleet, or snow), we'll have people living on all sides of us. My mother controls my fate, here, and she is dead set on owning her own place, house or not.

All we need is the reluctant signature of my uncle to get this.

The house:
$600 per month for rent.
Additional money for public storage.

It's labeled as a "Raised Ranch". It's a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath house, with a basement and an attached garage. It's in the neighborhood where I grew up, and is close to some of my friends. There are more possible jobs out there. Due to the decrease in cost, I'll have a lot more cushion time to wait for a reply on my applications. My mother is set against this decision, and would rather live in a motel than live with a stranger.

As frustrating as it is, I have no control over this, and if my mother is dead set against the better decision, then my life will fall due to her. I'll try to talk to her when she gets home about it, since it is a lot easier for us to choose the house than the apartment. I hope she listens to logic.

navci
Sep 6, 2005, 12:26 PM
Again, good luck. At least there are options available. The apartment seems really expensive.

How would the house sharing with the stranger work? Like you get the basement, and he gets the rest of the house? Or you will actually have to see each other all the time?

Skorpius
Sep 6, 2005, 12:40 PM
From what my mother told me, the guy sounded nice, and he works nights. Anything else is in the air. I want to call the guy today and get more information, because it's obviously the best route to take right now.

She wants to get the apartment for three reasons:
1: She wants to stay in this area, because she likes it.
2: She wants to own her own place.
3: The guy is a stranger.

And as much as it's understanable for someone to want to own a place, we don't have the money for it. It sucks, I know, and she's going to have to accept the fact that this house is beginning to be our only option.

UPDATE: After much discussion, I think my mother finally saw the reasoning behind this house. The house is now #1 option, the apartment is back-up. I talked to the guy, and he's very nice, and even looked for a position at his workplace. We're now going to go through with this house. All we need to do is call my cousin and tell him we need one additional week.

UPDATE 2: No time now, he said no. Basically, we're going to try and get a truck right now and a rent out a Public Storage spot. Maybe we can get two loads tonight, maybe even 5 if we rush. We have until the end of Friday.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-09-06 13:38 ]</font>

re4
Sep 6, 2005, 04:22 PM
although i have never seen you here at psow (havent been here long) and i dont really know how you feel but i have been going through some hardships too (my parents got devorced 2 years ago on my birthday for the second time and now my dad is going to lose his job in 6 months because his company got rid of the department he works in and he wont last long if he loses his job) but i have been thought that over time things even out no matter how bad the situation so i think you'll be ok

best of luck

rena-ko
Sep 6, 2005, 04:28 PM
good luck.

InfinityXXX
Sep 6, 2005, 06:04 PM
I don't really know what to say Skorpius but wish you Good Luck so....good luck and I hope everything works out.

KaFKa
Sep 7, 2005, 01:30 AM
Skorp, ever think about instead of trying to FIND a job, MAKE a job for yourself. Start to climb the social ladder and try to call in a favor or two. It's what I did in order to get where I am today.

And on that last part of your post, I never really set myself against you, just generally never agreed with you. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Daikarin
Sep 7, 2005, 08:06 AM
God speed. Give your best at any way, and once you can't do more, just let things flow.

Skorpius
Sep 7, 2005, 04:18 PM
We did our U-Haul trip, got the storage unit, and filled it up about 85% of the way. We can fit just a little more in there, but all we would have left are a few pieces of furnature. Our "essentials", as I dumbed them, will be moved to the house on Friday.

Basically, all we do now is get some furnature to the storage by 9pm (latest we can have access), and move our "essentials" into the house tomorrow and Friday.

Monomate
Sep 7, 2005, 06:06 PM
Hmmm...need an assassin?

Where does this cousin of yours live...There're a couple of people I need to knock off in California, and Arkansas, and Georgia, and Florida and Alabama...

but me being an idiot aside, I'm sorry. I hope it all works out. I like you, don't really know you all that well, but you haven't done anything totally absurd, and you haven't been mean to me. Plus, you have a PD title as your custom title, and that's awesome. Especially since you've made it all the way to 6, (i'm at 5 now...).

but yeah, I hope it all works out for the best, I don't wanna be seeing you go!

Skorpius
Sep 8, 2005, 01:10 PM
We checked the house out today. The guy isn't the tidiest person in the world. Aside from a little bit of clutter, he has a lot of extra, uneeeded furnature. The house is old, 70's style (pebble wall, treebark wall) and it's a little dark. He hada lot of things laying around, and I felt cramped.

He has his own network setup, and is telling us to use it, but I want to get our own service seperate from his. I'll probably be without phone and internet for the weekend, and without internet for the rest of the next week.

This is going to suck. ;/ But it has to be done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-09-08 11:11 ]</font>

geewj
Sep 8, 2005, 02:35 PM
Good luck getting it all to work out.

I've only got I thing to input really...

All of the people, who have sided themselves against me on the internet, win. They know who they are. They don't visit this place often, but I'm sure word will get around that Skorp might be homeless. The ones that have decided to set their lives against me and to ATTEMPT to make my time on the internet a Hell, although failing to do so. If all goes to plan, I'll be back in a week after disconnecting. I hope things go well.

I know people have already said it in here, but I just wanted to say it again.

It's the freakin' internet. Anyone that falls into the above quote isn't anyone worth giving two shits about anyways.

But again, good luck getting things figured out.

BogusKun
Sep 8, 2005, 02:55 PM
From the most random guy... that exists.

Even though I was right under most of your noses... (can't say when and where... most likely PSO)

I can't say much about us two talking, because our relationship is only existant here for now. However, you always seem intelligent, whether you "left" school (as I put it) or not. Just focus on you for now... too much focus on others will kill any oppurtunities you have. I'm sure your parents will say the same. You get yourself a spot to live... and then that'll help you and your family... whoever comes first. I'm sure you guys are there for each other, there are strategies. I know a lot of people in Chicago pretty much fall under the category, but that shouldn't stop you.

Think of where, who, and what you wanna be. That will tell you how you'll live in the most rapid result as possible. Destiny doesn't exist, it's all about choice. You or anyone should take my advice.

I respect you for not blaming anyone and anything on your actions. You are far from the Gulf Region.
But Hurricane Katrina is not the worst event in America. In the Past it was Manifest Destiny, Slavery, Civil War. In the present we have, Bush in Office, September 11 (and it's related events in war)... okay can't blame Bush... but he is one of the worst Presidents. Being out of money is not a worry... your worry should be "lack of trying", because if you keep going... you'll eventually find yourself. So don't give up, and be happy you're living today.

A Shoalin Monk once taught me this as a kid.

When there are clouds in the sky you want to get rid of... just look up and stare, and it'll go away. The more people, the more powerful you are together. It's all about concentration.

Good Luck, Steve.

Sizzors
Sep 8, 2005, 04:00 PM
How does someone who your related to throw you out when you have no house? I've heard of family feuds, but thats... low. And for people who need to make other people feel bad on the internet, they need to get some lives. I personally have had luxary for most of my life(I'm not that spoiled, believe me) and I couldn't imagine something like that. You should call on someone to help you, maybe even call in some favors like someone mentioned. I wish you the best of luck, and a solid job where you can get a steady money flow.