PDA

View Full Version : XB-Item: Where is the best place for me to hunt Luck Mats?

Galapopik
Sep 6, 2005, 01:40 PM
Hi, all -

I made this a poll instead of a straight question, so it'll be easier to just click instead of having to type an answer.

Where is the best place to hunt/farm Luck Materials?

Thanks for the help!

Tycho
Sep 6, 2005, 01:46 PM
If you look at the Tool finding rates (http://www.tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/Housoka/ToolRates.html), you'll see that Normal Ruins 3, Normal Seabed Lower Levels, and Ultimate EP2, all have the highest possible rate; 0.3%. Please note that this means that there is a 0.3% chance for a tool drop (green boxes + Photon Drops) to be a Luck Material, so this does not include the drop-anything rate of boxes/monsters, or the rate for a box to be a tool drop . It is assumed that the latter is '(1 - (rate for the drop to be rare)) / 3'.
Since the rates in most areas are similar though, I recommend you to either do runs in Normal so you'd get a high tools vs time rate, to do Rappy's Holiday for TP/Luck mats, or alternatively, to just hunt whatever you want and wait for the materials to drop.

By the way, there is really no need to make this a poll. Especially since the area doesn't matter much...

rena-ko
Sep 6, 2005, 02:30 PM
hm, correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think you can get luck mats from the lottery in rappy holiday.

lostinseganet
Sep 6, 2005, 04:23 PM
Rappy's holiday.

Galapopik
Sep 7, 2005, 01:45 PM
Ugh, it seems no matter what I post or where, I'm always told don't do this, don't need a poll, don't post this here...

What is Rappy's Holiday? Online quest?

Ryna
Sep 7, 2005, 01:54 PM
On 2005-09-07 11:45, Galapopik wrote:
What is Rappy's Holiday? Online quest?

Rappy's Holiday is an online quest that should be available for almost every version of the game. You can read more about it here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1335).

decrescendo
Sep 7, 2005, 02:42 PM
really, do some fake in yellow. make it a priority to hunt down some rare from pal rappies or something. i get about 4-7 materials per run.

Tycho
Sep 7, 2005, 03:32 PM
On GC I never got any Luck mats that way while maxing on TP, but in BB I did get them from the lottery in Rappy's Holiday. x_x