PDA

View Full Version : Oprah on Katrina

InfinityXXX
Sep 7, 2005, 07:15 PM
Did anyone watch her show today. I normally don't watch the show but she showed footage of her and other stars talking to and helping Katrina Victims. It was very touching and there were sad parts and there were happy parts. Chris Rock, John Travolta and Elvis Presley's daughter were helping people.

Some of the people I've seen on the news need a medal or something. This whole incident have shown that there are some people pure of heart in the world. There was a vet who went I think 4 days w/o food or water just because he didn't want to leave the animals. Now all the animals were coptered out and some of them were reunited with their owners.

There so much sadness when you talk about Katrina's aftermath but theres also a lot of heart touching things that just make you smile.

Eihwaz
Sep 7, 2005, 07:39 PM
I'm glad to hear that some celebrities are helping out! With their vast resources and money, they should be helping. Bravo to those helping out.

Madzozs
Sep 7, 2005, 09:29 PM
Shit man, Oprah can pay for that entire disaster. She has a shit ton more money than God.

Dgo
Sep 8, 2005, 04:21 AM
On 2005-09-07 19:29, Madzozs wrote:
Shit man, Oprah can pay for that entire disaster. She has a shit ton more money than God.

Maybe not that much but i would bet that she is pretty damn close.

Wyndham
Sep 8, 2005, 12:35 PM
On 2005-09-08 02:21, Dgo wrote:

...she DID give out cars...

decrescendo
Sep 8, 2005, 12:50 PM
oprah is one of top five riches women alive.

if i remember correctly, three of the top ten are from the walmart corporation.

BogusKun
Sep 8, 2005, 03:04 PM
But I know a stocker from Wal-Mart who only puts up boxes.

But his house is worth 2 million bucks.
Jaguar was customized and is worth 150,000
Has a wife with a Bentley coupe
Has 3 kids
Is white
Last name is bush
Has 7 mountainback huskeys (and 3 puppies)
Has 3 refigerators

but he havent donated yet.

wow.

Madzozs
Sep 8, 2005, 03:26 PM
On 2005-09-08 13:04, BogusKun wrote:

Has 3 kids
Is white
Last name is bush
Has 3 refigerators

wow.

Now if this person were black would you have made the same statement?

I'm not trying to bring up a racist issue here, Im trying to subdue a possible one. All I am saying in regards to the quoted post is, does the color of the skin matter? Bill gates donated money and he's white. Shit 98% of the people I hang out with are white and we've all donated. Money, blood, food, everything we can.

BogusKun
Sep 8, 2005, 03:32 PM
On 2005-09-08 13:26, Madzozs wrote:

On 2005-09-08 13:04, BogusKun wrote:

Has 3 kids
Is white
Last name is bush
Has 3 refigerators

wow.

Now if this person were black would you have made the same statement?

I'm not trying to bring up a racist issue here, Im trying to subdue a possible one. All I am saying in regards to the quoted post is, does the color of the skin matter? Bill gates donated money and he's white. Shit 98% of the people I hang out with are white and we've all donated. Money, blood, food, everything we can.

Yup... I will describe how any person looks.

My skin is yellow.

The man is white

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BogusKun on 2005-09-08 13:33 ]</font>

Madzozs
Sep 8, 2005, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry if my message was unclear, I was trying to say you can't bring up color. I was simply saying, it is like the extra info in a math word problem. It doesn't matter what color the person is.

Uncle_bob
Sep 8, 2005, 07:26 PM
He's just another person looking for a reason to bitch and moan about Bush.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Anyway, yes it's good that people are doing their best to help! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif But some people are already being scammed out of their donation money, that's so fucking sick.

Fyrin
Sep 8, 2005, 07:56 PM
On 2005-09-08 17:26, Uncle_bob wrote:
He's just another person looking for a reason to bitch and moan about Bush.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Anyway, yes it's good that people are doing their best to help! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif But some people are already being scammed out of their donation money, that's so fucking sick.

It's sad but true. I'm one of those people who got scammed real good. It was my first time I ever contributed to any kind non-profit organization and I got scammed out of my money. I suggest to those who feel the need the help out like I did, to call up the American Red Cross. I sure wish I had did that in the first place...

BogusKun
Sep 9, 2005, 09:24 AM
Told ya to do Red Cross..

rena-ko
Sep 9, 2005, 02:13 PM
if you give your money to some obscure organisation without backtracking it first, then you actively wasted it and didnt get ripped off.

i guess if the government is too incompetent to manage any help than let the army shoot at anything that moves... it needs the celebs to stand in instead. however... it would be better when they donate instead of ask people to do so.

Solstis
Sep 9, 2005, 05:25 PM
On 2005-09-09 12:13, rena-ko wrote:
if you give your money to some obscure organisation without backtracking it first, then you actively wasted it and didnt get ripped off.

i guess if the government is too incompetent to manage any help than let the army shoot at anything that moves... it needs the celebs to stand in instead. however... it would be better when they donate instead of ask people to do so.

The military has hardly shot at anyone, if at all. They were given express orders not to, in fact. I do imagine that a slight scuffle with looters may have erupted, though.

Yeah, but the bureaucracy is really messing things up again.

BogusKun
Sep 11, 2005, 11:04 AM
"Oprah is a corporate sell-out who use famous people to hype their movies"
-Rainey

One of the world's richest and most accomplished women. If she died, hopefully the money circulate.

That's if she don't become some Multi-Purp CyBorg first.

Sorry I didn't say it earlier.

Still gotta love her somehow hehe.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 13, 2005, 02:55 PM
On 2005-09-08 10:35, Oran1324 wrote:

On 2005-09-08 02:21, Dgo wrote:

...she DID give out cars...

Oprah didn't give out cars. The American Broadcasting Corporation gave out cars, and she hosted the event.

Given, she does have quite a bit of money, but she couldn't spare as much as would be needed to pay for the repairs from the entire disaster. Even Bill Gates would be hard pressed to do that on his own.

Though Oprah, Bill Gates and a handful of other celebrities could probably do it, if they were to band together for it.