PDA

View Full Version : the Bike thread

BlackRose
Aug 25, 2002, 11:19 PM
Is anyone here into cycling? Recreation or pro, doesn't matter; as long as it's got 2 wheels and a bottom bracket, and you ride it often.

Myself, I'd die without mountiain biking. Over stumps, roots, streams, cliffs, mountains... you name it. I ride every day for several hours. Seeking job as a messenger.

Kent
Aug 25, 2002, 11:25 PM
I never learned how to ride one (or even had one).

neko-chan
Aug 25, 2002, 11:52 PM
w00t! BlackRose is back!

I' did mountain bike for many years, when I was younger (we have a lot of mountains near where I live... I think they call them something like the "Alps" XD ).

I quit when I was around 16 or 17, when I got my first motorbike. Since then, I've became a lazy bitch. >_>;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatneko on 2002-08-26 00:12 ]</font>

Guile
Aug 25, 2002, 11:57 PM
wow blackrose

I used to be big into biking..infact all my brothers raced..cept me
my neighbor used to race for a bking company so we always got free stuff even bikes

but I havent sat on a bike for about 2 years now

BWS-1
Aug 26, 2002, 09:57 AM
Mountain riding is all I do, where there is a clear path in the wood, you'll see me out of the path, riding litterally IN the woods XD. I have the perfect bike to do so, it's a TREK Y1. Didn't cost much, only took it twice to the chop for reajustment (just cause the waranty offered 2 check-ups for the first year hehe never took it there since) and I'm riding like a maniac (as in, carelessly) with it since.

I now have 66.6% of my "gear-box" that is totally f***ed up. Must have been because of the huh, abusive use on the shores of Carleton, Qc.Other then that, it still rides like a new ... sorta, well, the wheel in the back jams in the brakes but, once you start riding, you only feel a little resistance, it just makes it more challangeble to ride http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

gotta love to win a race with that crap-o-bike against someone that has a new and expencive bike and think he's the best just for that XD I'm like: HAHA! can't you see it's all about SKILLZ???

Darrin
Aug 26, 2002, 08:44 PM
I used to have 2 Mountain Bikes but broke both. I ended up getting a BMX Bike for Durability. I skate anyway.

BlackRose
Aug 26, 2002, 08:52 PM
On 2002-08-26 07:57, BWS-1 wrote:

...I have the perfect bike to do so, it's a TREK Y1. Didn't cost much, only took it twice to the chop for reajustment (just cause the waranty offered 2 check-ups for the first year hehe never took it there since) and I'm riding like a maniac (as in, carelessly) with it since...

Exact same bike I had. Great piece of work, but it's flashy. Stolen right out of my garage about 6 months ago. =(

Oh, and you won't win a race unless you shave your legs...

...XD bike fanatics are screwy!

...i'm a bike fanatic...

(woody woodpecker laugh)

OracleDDX
Aug 29, 2002, 09:58 AM
BlackRose...your...alive! Hi...

Well, if I had time I'd ride my bike but I would only be able to ride at night an thats just not safe. Plus its been 100 degrees out side so if I wanted to get burned alive or pass out I'd go but I guess I'm not that deticated.

whatcha been up to?

BlackRose
Aug 30, 2002, 12:00 AM
Burning alive, done quite a bit of that (it gets up to about 145 degrees when I work at the forge on a hot day)

Mostly just sitting around though... playing guitar... yeah...

Good to see you're still around.