PDA

View Full Version : PSU Video Interview @ Gamespot

ShadowSonic
Sep 13, 2005, 08:23 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/phantasystariv/media.html

The video has some interesting details on how the replacement for mags as well as randomised dungeons (randomised layouts as well as randomised monster spawns) will work.

Uncle_bob
Sep 13, 2005, 08:40 PM
Awesome. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif So I guess we're looking at an early '06 release here in America?

_Tek_
Sep 13, 2005, 08:46 PM
It talks about how you can add elemental techniques to any weapons. So perhaps its not just for canes and wands.

And the "mags" of psu are now partner machines. In pso mags raised your stats as you fed them items. In psu you give items to your machine and it will create other new items. Perhaps it combines items to make better ones.

They are now in the process of finishing the game, testing stage, etc. HURAH! But its still not out until 2006. I suppose because there is still the online network setup, advertising, and producing game copies to do for the next few months for 2006.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-13 18:47 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Sep 13, 2005, 10:03 PM
hmm... Partner machinery eh? Couldn't they have come up with a better name than that? I'm not sure I like the sounds of the idea as much as a mag... But we will just have to see...

Looking forward to TGS more than ever now! As they said they will showcase online mode http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif!!!

_Tek_
Sep 13, 2005, 10:28 PM
I'm betting it was partly mistranslation.

Parn
Sep 14, 2005, 12:08 AM
You mean a literal translation. The guy translating Takao Miyoshi's words perhaps doesn't even play video games for all we know, or even Phantasy Star games at that. EGM called them "robot partners" instead, but it's pretty obvious that either way, they're definitely not organic and they're supposed to help you. Heh...

Tomeeboy
Sep 14, 2005, 12:09 AM
Yeah.. I'm guessing they'll have a different name for it in the US release. The interview was originally in Japanese, so that's probably just it's literal translation.

Edit: lol Parn, just beat me to it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tomeeboy on 2005-09-13 22:10 ]</font>

Kupi
Sep 14, 2005, 09:47 AM
The partner machines or whatever almost sound like a crafting system. You feed them certain items, and they spit out equipment (inexact wording). Interesting.

Tomeeboy
Sep 14, 2005, 10:17 AM
Perhaps they'll still have rare weapon parts, ala "Booma's Arm" and so forth, which you can feed to your machine to create the rare weapon.

Sharkyland
Sep 14, 2005, 01:02 PM
Feed it items, and it spits out items... hmm, why do I feel like this is from another video game. Just have to remember which one now.

Rubesahl
Sep 14, 2005, 01:13 PM
Awesome! Looks like the importing is still in the horizon for me *__*

_Tek_
Sep 14, 2005, 01:29 PM
So I don't suppose they actually walk around with you do they? If so could you customize their appearance as well? There's been no media on them at all, perhaps they are just part of your item menus.

ShadowSonic
Sep 14, 2005, 02:01 PM
On 2005-09-14 11:02, Sharkyland wrote:
Feed it items, and it spits out items... hmm, why do I feel like this is from another video game. Just have to remember which one now.

Diablo II's Horadric Cube maybe?

AzureBlaze
Sep 14, 2005, 11:51 PM
I just wanna see more customization!
Like he says the TGS will hopefully bring this to us, especially for the highly un-showcased Cast and Beast. Essentially it looks like newman get diff clothes and pointy ears, otherwise they are human looking. When is this TGS thing anyway? Sites like Gamespot and all will have videos, right?

Did anyone catch about how he said there will be "Secrets and Surprises" regarding PartnerMachines and other things? As in 'lots of surprises'. That sounds really fun! Like maybe there are great rare ones that spit out better stuff or something. I'd really like to see one of these machines, though. I love surprises! I can't wait for TGS!

Kent
Sep 15, 2005, 03:40 PM
Can someone post a transcript?