PDA

View Full Version : a noob needs advice

xhotsizzelx
Sep 13, 2005, 09:38 PM
Hi i play offline on x box and i was wondering what class i should be i alredy have a 51 humar with about 3 weeks of playing and im on the runes on very hard but i get ownd there and i kinda want a new class i was wonder if anyone knows a good one and how to raise a mag for that class i now have a 200 rati but bad stats because i was too ancious to get lvl 200 that i ended up giving way to little atp for a humar __________________________________________________ _____
thanks for reading

Link00seven
Sep 13, 2005, 09:59 PM
I've always been a fan of the Hunter Class myself, however if you wish to give another class a try, then I would recommend a Force. They give you a pretty different perspective then the Hunters do.

Remember that on Xbox you have 12 character slots, so experiment and see what you enjoy!

As for Mag Raising...I can't really help you there.

xhotsizzelx
Sep 13, 2005, 10:03 PM
I do like the hunter class but I don't really like the Humar and I would not know how to use a android with the traps

aclors
Sep 14, 2005, 06:13 AM
On 2005-09-13 20:03, xhotsizzelx wrote:
I do like the hunter class but I don't really like the Humar and I would not know how to use a android with the traps

Hmm, well I've used a HUcast. Right now, he's at lv.103 in Ult. Caves. Androids just make it better because no need for Trap Vision, though I really have never used traps. However, I would recommend maybe trying HUnewearl or HUcast.

Delfi
Sep 14, 2005, 05:52 PM
Yes I think a Hunewearl is the best character for your first character but like some one said make different characters and see which you prefer to play with.

As for mag raising for hunters the only stat you should concentrate on increasing is power - especially for a Humar or Hucast as their magic either sux or is non existent.

Hunting tip for ruins - hit and run hit and run, stay close to an exit for this lol.

xhotsizzelx
Sep 14, 2005, 06:31 PM
thanks for respose's I'm thinking about Hucast but does anyone know like what mag stats i should have at 10 35 50 100?

Ketchup345
Sep 14, 2005, 06:35 PM
On 2005-09-14 16:31, xhotsizzelx wrote:
thanks for respose's I'm thinking about Hucast but does anyone know like what mag stats i should have at 10 35 50 100?

For HUcasts (and other androids), x/y/z/anything>0 is a bad idea.

Personally:
5/145/50/0 or 5/135/60/0 should be good.

xhotsizzelx
Sep 14, 2005, 06:45 PM
okay thanks for your hel guys/girls

Xoquoxxtil
Sep 19, 2005, 12:11 PM
i have 23 characters

Ryna
Sep 19, 2005, 12:13 PM
On 2005-09-19 10:11, Xoquoxxtil wrote:
i have 23 characters

While I am sure that is pretty nice for you, that comment is off-topic for this particular thread. If you would like to have a discussion about the number of characters that people have, consider starting a new thread.

Crokar
Sep 19, 2005, 12:17 PM
I accually have a HUmar with a sato that raises mind more than anything else. but i only use it against Dark Falz. my otherone is an asparus wich raises attack by alot. but mags for hunters need to be really strong in power but with robots there is no need for mind cuz they cant use magic. and as for the traps the freeze ones and confuse ones help alot with choas bringers and garanz

Sizzors
Sep 19, 2005, 03:15 PM
On 2005-09-19 10:13, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-09-19 10:11, Xoquoxxtil wrote:
i have 23 characters

While I am sure that is pretty nice for you, that comment is off-topic for this particular thread. If you would like to have a discussion about the number of characters that people have, consider starting a new thread.

@_@ That sounds...mean.

/Off Topic

ANYWAYS, consider getting a Ranger, either Whittill, Purplenum or Greenill ID's (Whittill for Guld Milla, Greenill for Rifles, and Purplenum for Yask9m's.)

Vuman
Sep 20, 2005, 07:22 AM
I myself liked the android Hunters because of several reasons.

As stated, they don't need Trap Visions and I wanted to be able to see them when I started out.

Rangers can also do this but they tend to have loud walking noises. This can get annoying if you play for more than an hour a day.

And of course I didn't want to deal with poison or paralysis when I started out. So this class just spoke to me. I usually use this guy now to gather things for my second character, a FoMarl. Thanks to the weeks of gathering Mind Materials and raising a Mind Mag, the level 12 FoMarl can cast Megid 14, haha.

boulianneM
Sep 20, 2005, 04:00 PM
i also have a HUcast and i really like his atp but the only shit is that you cannot heal with magic and that is hard sometimes, specially versus boss like gol dragon or dark falz.
fomar is great since you like hunter and he's the better for meele combat

Delfi
Sep 21, 2005, 12:24 PM
Use trimates dimates monomates and star atomizers - faster than resta anyways lol
..and gush vulcans with hit http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delfi on 2005-09-21 10:26 ]</font>

Longtime_play
Sep 21, 2005, 12:34 PM
On 2005-09-20 14:00, boulianneM wrote:
i also have a HUcast and i really like his atp but the only shit is that you cannot heal with magic and that is hard sometimes, specially versus boss like gol dragon or dark falz.
fomar is great since you like hunter and he's the better for meele combat

i can see your point but, beleive me, the shifta and deband problem is bigger than that one.

with no shifta or deband, or jellen and zalure, in ult androids can be very hard to be.

i have a RAcaseal that i will be using in ult, for her i have to go to some effort to overcome this.

so dont worry too much about the resta, but, i would reccommend a HUcaseal, RAmarl or even a RAmar. I find the droids harder, but its all up to you of course.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Longtime_play on 2005-09-21 10:35 ]</font>

REJ-
Sep 22, 2005, 06:25 PM
Try RAmar, High ATA = you barely miss, Decent ATP with Lvl 15 Shifta = you do good damage most of the time if you know what you're doing, resta = no need to pipe to buy di/trimates. The only downside is that you have low MST, which I never used or even notice in the first place.

Ketchup345
Sep 22, 2005, 06:51 PM
On 2005-09-22 16:25, REJ- wrote:
Try RAmar, High ATA = you barely miss, Decent ATP with Lvl 15 Shifta = you do good damage most of the time if you know what you're doing, resta = no need to pipe to buy di/trimates. The only downside is that you have low MST, which I never used or even notice in the first place.

RAmars also only have level 15 techs, low MST (like said, but it is used to calculate Resta strength and amount of casts), no Jellen/Zalure, and low EVP.

REJ-
Sep 23, 2005, 05:00 PM
On 2005-09-22 16:51, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2005-09-22 16:25, REJ- wrote:

RAmars also only have level 15 techs, low MST (like said, but it is used to calculate Resta strength and amount of casts), no Jellen/Zalure, and low EVP.

Like I said, the "weak" points of RAmar are the points that you won't see in the first place (EVP/Resta: no enemy can get close enough to hit me in the first place, and the ones that can, do little damage, Lvl.15Techs/MST: Who uses techs to attack if they aren't a force? J/Z: In the time it takes to run up to an enemy and J/Z it, I could easily beat it down from a distance and continue to attack other enemies) This is just my opinion though, as I picked the RAmar class cause it fits my basic style.

plasmacutter
Sep 26, 2005, 04:27 PM
fair warning with the androids, taking on bosses requires some strategy and perhaps a nice gush type weapon, since the lack of resta can be a real bummer.

REJ-
Sep 26, 2005, 04:39 PM
That's the basic reason I don't use an android. If they could use resta and shifta, just those two techs, then I would be using a RAcast.

Delfi
Sep 26, 2005, 07:47 PM
On 2005-09-26 14:39, REJ- wrote:
That's the basic reason I don't use an android. If they could use resta and shifta, just those two techs, then I would be using a RAcast.

Make a mag, preferably a sato which has both twins and the angel who casts resta on u http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and srank weps which cast jellen or zalure would help also.

Corey
Sep 26, 2005, 08:21 PM
On 2005-09-26 17:47, Delfi wrote:

Make a mag, preferably a sato which has both twins and the angel who casts resta on u http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and srank weps which cast jellen or zalure would help also.

Sato activates invincibility; not Resta

Ryna
Sep 26, 2005, 08:22 PM
On 2005-09-26 18:21, Corey wrote:

The "angel" the poster was referring to was Leila. He/she believes an android Sato mag should have Mylla&Youla and Leila.

Corey
Sep 26, 2005, 08:24 PM
On 2005-09-26 18:22, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-09-26 18:21, Corey wrote:

The "angel" the poster was referring to was Leila. He/she believes an android Sato mag should have Mylla&Youla and Leila.

Eep. Didn't see the PB part. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Delfi
Sep 26, 2005, 08:37 PM
No ryna i dont believe an android mag should have that it was just a possible solution to the person who posted before me, that poster said he/she would use an android if it had shifta and resta spells.

Dana
Sep 27, 2005, 04:33 AM
Only M&Y is needed on a droid mag, leila is a waste, i would recomment having, M&Y, Pilla, and Estlla

The other two only if your in online.multimode, ..it's ncie when a 4 way PB is active IMO!!!!

Leila is....

But thats just me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I head it can revive the dead>.> i don't know if thats true, i guess it would be when a KO's party member donates some PB...maybe.

Bleh,

M&Y>all http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (on droids)

I find estlla the best PB of all http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Being a MAX EVP Ramarl http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bladehunter
Sep 27, 2005, 05:32 AM
On 2005-09-27 02:33, Dana_ranger wrote:

...I head it can revive the dead>.> i don't know if thats true, i guess it would be when a KO's party member donates some PB...maybe...

The revive part of the Angel PB is when a dead player donates PB to a player using the Angel PB. Don't know if there are any players who still have it though.

Saiffy
Sep 27, 2005, 06:25 AM
Leilla doesn't revive when people boost. I know people will argue with me on that, but it simply doesn't. Mylla and Youlla does when somebody boosts, though.(I realise it doesn't make sense for the twits to revive while Leilla doesn't, but it just is that way)

DarkAceBlade
Sep 30, 2005, 07:52 PM
You said you have a lvl 51 HUmar in V. Hard Ruins. That's amazing for a first character. I promise you if you stick with that HUmar and lvl it for a while before continuing to move on to ultimate, it will come through. You can always go back to old areas to train easier and make new MAGs with reallocated stats to make your HUmar better. Also, keep track of how many of each Material you use, and you can turn that HUmar into a walking tank. I have a lvl 137 HUmar that's my first character I started with. His DEF is high enough that a Bartle in ultimate forest does a lousy 37 dmg, and his EVP is high enough they rarely hit me anyway. Walking tanks are a great thing for taking on ultimate Ruins! Just watch the material usage and make a MAG specific for ur char's stats and stick with him, you'll enjoy it. Resta lvl 15 is also a lifesaver for any hunter, and that HUcast can't use it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dana
Oct 1, 2005, 06:53 AM
On 2005-09-27 04:25, Saiffy wrote:
Leilla doesn't revive when people boost. I know people will argue with me on that, but it simply doesn't. Mylla and Youlla does when somebody boosts, though.(I realise it doesn't make sense for the twits to revive while Leilla doesn't, but it just is that way)

I was also told this too....

Doesn't make much sense to me, but M&Y are probly used more often, thus nice to make them better, no?

DezoPenguin
Oct 1, 2005, 08:09 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned the RAmarl yet, given that the original poster specified that he was offline. It's by far the easiest class for solo play. L20 techs (including J/Z, which gets really handy when there's a pack of Merlans on your tail), higher ATA than anyone other than a RAmar, and long-range Ranger weapons to keep the bad guys off you. Purplenum would be the Section ID of choice.

HUnewearl, HUcast, FOnewearl, RAcast, and FOnewm are other good soloing choices.

If you'd like to play an android, I'd say to go with a RAcast. The clunking noise as they move around is a downer for some people (it gives my wife a headache in under one minute; I can hold out for five), so you may need to hit the mute button on your TV while playing him, but the combination of android traps/trap vision/HP regen, Ranger weapons, and male bot statistics give you a definite edge while soloing, and with the right combination of weapons RAcasts are tough enough to melee Hunter style for a change of pace.

fronebullare
Oct 9, 2005, 10:57 AM
I recomend a FOnewman.before you stop reading this because you think it's retarted i have something to say!I have a FOnewman and he is very strong,although it may not be easy to train a force, it's all worth it in the end.

EphekZ
Oct 9, 2005, 10:00 PM
On 2005-10-09 08:57, fronebullare wrote:
I recomend a FOnewman.before you stop reading this because you think it's retarted i have something to say!I have a FOnewman and he is very strong,although it may not be easy to train a force, it's all worth it in the end.

*retarded

anyways actually a FOnewm is a great choice for solo tech spamming since it gets a boost for Gi/Ra techs which is better then having a measly resta range boost or penetrating megid. since most likely you wont go into a room with one enemy alsoA newm has the second highest MST in the game and IMO think the difference in neglidgable since the boosts can pretyy much even it out.

FOmars/FOmarls are good for melee although i dont like FOmarls animation but if you are going to melee use a Hunter becuase thats what thye specialize in, and a FOmar is just a really crappy HUmar.