PDA

View Full Version : No new shots?

kazuma56
Sep 16, 2005, 11:46 PM
I wish there was a better shotgun type weapon period, there is many weapons that share the shotgun animation but fail because they are only single target....Wonder why ST only made new weapons that aren't that much of an improvement over the old weapons(for rangers anyway), Jizai > S&Y (or seems like it will), Rage de feu may have better ATP than yas 9k's, but yas 9k's range is still better (or so I hear), and Heavens Striker may be powerful, but there is to much optimizing with it.

So where does that leave shot lovers? I know many people love SN but it is a shot and it isn't a shot so there goes that weapon...and its been out since the DC days so nothing new there, the best shot(s) are more or less the Baranz Launcher or the arms with high hit that have beserk/spirit etc type specials.

So does anyone know if there is any new shotgun type weapons (and I mean shotgun, not cannons or whatever sub-category shots that are single target belong), if not, could ST possibly add one in?(yea right....) or is that not possible with BB?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-09-16 21:50 ]</font>

Jarek
Sep 17, 2005, 02:00 AM
Unfortunately, no, there are no new shots in BB.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
I agree with you that there should be some better shot-type rare weapons available.
There could really be a lot of possibilities.
Or just some kick ass looking weapons for people like me, who'd use it just cause it looked so cool.

But alas, we must do without.

Tycho
Sep 17, 2005, 03:16 AM
I personally consider S-rank Shot to be one of the best weapons in the game, so I think it's not that bad at all. x_x

Hrith
Sep 17, 2005, 06:21 AM
Better than S-Rank Shot would be evil. Aren't rangers favoured enough ? >_>

No Ep4 Sword or Launcher is also disappointing.

kazuma56
Sep 17, 2005, 08:59 AM
well I was never a fan of Nug/Gi-gue bazooka, even with the 2 new launchers insane ATP, it won't help much if you don't have a battle beyond god (launchers are still relatively slow), that and neither of those 2 weapons specials aren't that good (reduced demons and unreduced chaos), sure unreduced chaos sounds good, but that special really doesn't deter enemies from attacking you really, even when confused they will still attack others and you....unreduced demons or charge/beserk etc special would be cool though.

Hrith
Sep 17, 2005, 10:07 AM
Launchers, not bazookas http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

kazuma56
Sep 17, 2005, 01:00 PM
On 2005-09-17 08:07, Kef wrote:
Launchers, not bazookas http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

There are new launchers? as in red scorio types? because I classify weapons by animation and not actual effect of it, makes it much more easy to generalize them instead of trying to make something bigger than it actually is.

Nohra
Sep 17, 2005, 01:58 PM
S-Rank Needle with Zalure > j00. Lv31 Zalure on a RAcast or RAcaseal pretty much owns everything.

I dunno. I'm not really a big fan of shots in general. The only one that I really find worth while is the Baranz Launcher. They're so horribly slow, even with a God/Battle unit. The only non-rare shot that I really want is a Blizzard Arms with 40+ hit. RAmarl with maxed ATA could make it quite nasty. But, then, I don't use charge/berserk a whole lot anyways, sooo.

Hrith
Sep 17, 2005, 02:35 PM
Nohra,
Blizzard barely works (let alone reduced), but if it did, it would not be on a RAmarl.

S-Rank Zalure is now Lv 22, it's still very good on an android, though.

I do not find the speed of a Needle, better than the range and huge ATP of a Shot, it just depends on situations. Most of the time I'd take the ATP of S-Rank Shot over anything.

Kazuma,
I was saying that there is no new Launcher. I really like Launchers, but of the 4 available, only the S-Rank one can have a good special attack; Photon Launcher, Guilty Light and Red Scorpio all have terrible specials.

Tycho
Sep 18, 2005, 03:13 AM
Kef, it's L21, not L22.
I think Shots have become more valuable compared to Needles than before, because of the new Heavenly/DMC battle speed. As for Blizzard Arms; I value Arrest above Blizzard since significant enemies in ep4 like to be immune to freezing. To add to it, Arrest lasts longer if I'm not mistaken, and in general FS can take care of freezing. In my opinion unreduced specials are also a lot more important than high hit, because it's easier to make up for a lack of accuracy. This applies especially to specials that are affected by ESP, like Blizzard and Arrest. x_x;

Hrith
Sep 18, 2005, 05:26 AM
On 2005-09-18 01:13, Tycho wrote:
Kef, it's L21, not L22.Do we have to trust a Japanese site on that? No, thanks.

Tycho
Sep 19, 2005, 08:18 AM
On 2005-09-18 03:26, Kef wrote:

On 2005-09-18 01:13, Tycho wrote:
Kef, it's L21, not L22.Do we have to trust a Japanese site on that? No, thanks.

Then, where did you get L22? Random guessing?

kazuma56
Sep 20, 2005, 01:20 AM
because of the new Heavenly/DMC battle speed.

That's the main reason why I made this topic, now shots are not so inferior in speed compared to the SN, sure the SN will be even more faster than before but a shot would more or less have the SN's God/battle speed which is good enough to dodge most if not all enemies in the game after a 3 hit combo.