PDA

View Full Version : I want to be a drum major....

InfinityXXX
Sep 17, 2005, 09:32 AM
...But I don't think I'll ever be one.

If you don't know, Drum Major's are the leaders of the band. They help conduct the band and all that other stuff.

To be one you must be a good band student/know your music/be able to issue and do all field commands(very,very, easy) and last but not least, have good grades.

I never tried out for drum major but this year I will. The drum major tests start around the last month of school so I have a long time to actually prepare.

To, be honest, I really don't need to prepare since I excell in all the requirements of being a drum major but due to certain factors I'll have do 100x better than everyone else I'm competing with.

There are 2 reasons I want to be a drum major. I like having such high positions an I want to save the band from the others who are trying out for drum major. The other students who are trying out for drum major are all ARROGANT and are the type of people that ABUSE their power and have the highest of egos. Their already section leaders and they treat their section wrong.

I will not let the band suffer by their hands. If they were drum majors.....I don't even want to think about what all they'll be doing!
----------------------------

Now last year, when the band was under a racist band director. I quit the band, calling him a racist and reporting him to the principle and board of education and he was later fired but before he was fired he appointed 2 new band directors.

Britney, a biracial girl and Kyle,a person who only achieves because of his mom is in the PTA.

Because of this, I hesitated on getting back in the band because

1. Britney, who has poor grades, only a freshman at the time, and an awful player,(always last chair) only got drum major because she was mixed with black. My old band director wanted to make the board of education get off his back for being racist so in his racist ignorant way of thinking, he thought he can ge the tensions off his back by putting a PARTLY black girl.

2.Kyle was drum major before but he was suspended for pulling out his penis and masturbating on the band bus in front of people but YET hes able to STILL be drum major!

By the way, Britney and Kyle are awful drum majors. They are always off beat while conducting. Both their parents are in the band PTA

My friend Dion who IS a musical genious and can play every instrument and who has good attendance and grades tried for drum major and was beat out by these guys!
-------------------------------------

All kids who parents volunteer and kiss the band directors ass are section leaders or drum majors. Me and a friend of mine are gonna do it this year but are chances are very slim.

Also, I don't know how long I can tolerate being under the command of a girl who only got drum major as part of a plan for the old band director to still keep his job and a guy, who took out his penis in front of everyone on the bus and masterbated.

It just aggrovates me that I can actulally get beat by these 2 and by the other PTA kids who have no real skill.