PDA

View Full Version : Builder games?

roygbiv
Sep 17, 2005, 02:56 PM
I need a game to play for like the hour of free time I have a day...

Preferably something that involves building things ala Caesar 2.

someone tell me what a new game like this is?

Stan
Sep 17, 2005, 03:03 PM
Settlers III! I love it to death. Build a community and conquer the map. It's really satisfying to see your little soldiers waggeling around, taking over towers to squish the enemy buildings and see how your city becomes one big ants nest.

roygbiv
Sep 17, 2005, 04:34 PM
I think I played settlers 2 gold for a while... and then got annoyed with it for some reason.

I guess city builder games are more my style...

Blitzkommando
Sep 17, 2005, 09:07 PM
Sim City is free on the website. You can spend hours playing with the tax systems to drive your sims nuts! And, uh, you can build... industrial parks!

roygbiv
Sep 18, 2005, 10:51 AM
Speaking of Sim city... how is the new one? (4?)

Blitzkommando
Sep 18, 2005, 12:21 PM
Overall, I like Sim City 4 the best out of the series. It has far more features than the previous versions. Such as, roads automatically build when you zone areas, so no more guess work in that area. The tax system is far more customizable and seems to promote or ruin the demand for specific zones, like Dirty Industry and High Tech Industry.

I have every version of Sim City, including the lesser known Sim City 2000 Network Edition. And, out of all of them, this one is the easiest to pick up and play. The dependence on other cities has changed dramatically as well. Overall, I have rather enjoyed the experience. Mind you, I am playing with the expansion as well. Which, if I recall correctly, the "Deluxe Edition" with Rush Hour included is running for about $20 now. Well worth it, especially if you enjoy building simulators or the previous Sim City games.