PDA

View Full Version : Tonight is truly enchanting

TheOneHero
Sep 17, 2005, 10:52 PM
Just a treasure trove of inspiration. I haven't seen a night like this for months.

Huge moon (looks full or at least pretty darn close) It's so bright, that my eyes struggle slightly to focus on the glory. A blue ring encircles the moon, followed by a slightly paler almost white ring. (Both of which are about the width of the moon. Well, appears to the viewer anyway.)
Then a mass of blue, followed by a deeper shade which spans the entire sky. Growing an almost violet shade near the edges of the horizon.

A few stars can be seen place sparsly throughout the heavens. Each almost just as bright as the moon.

Not a cloud to be seen (or just to weak of a one to be noticed)

Sure, this sounds like a typical night to most, but what makes it so awesome is that a line of fog coats the ground.

From knee height to twenty or more feet in the air. It adds an eerie element to the night. Creeping softly bewtween trees and drifting across the ground then swirling greatly as something breaks it. Like a sheet, being blown across the ground.

What's even more awesome, is that it doesn't hinder vision in certain ways as most fog does.

You can see the sky plain as day, and just by looking at the blue blanket above; you wouldn't even guess it would be foggy.

This night kicks ass, and I'm loaded with inspiration. If only I had time to sit down and write for awhile. ._.

Note : I am extremely tired and have been messing up my sentences all day. So please excuse any errors or things that don't make sense.

ABDUR101
Sep 17, 2005, 10:57 PM
I remember my long nights, staying up, having long chats with friends, and always having a clear view out my window at the moon as it crossed the night sky and "sat" on the horizon. Often it would set with a red or orange hue, very beautiful.

Could set and watch it inch it's way down, and it would'nt have been time wasted at all.

trypticon
Sep 17, 2005, 11:08 PM
Reads like somebody got some to me.

You're inspired, so don't waste the inspiration. Do something with it! The fan works forum is there for a reason.

Madzozs
Sep 17, 2005, 11:43 PM
The moon was what actually kept me awake at work tonight. Normally when I am checking the buildings I don't bring a flashlight and the darkness makes me tired. Tonight, no need for a flashlight. It is really good it's so bright out because that means my after work activities will still be going on without any problems.

Hrigg
Sep 17, 2005, 11:52 PM
Yeah, the moon looked really neat-o tonight. It was very peaceful tonight, which doesn't happen too often.

Evil_Althena8
Sep 20, 2005, 02:36 AM
i love nights like those

Daikarin
Sep 20, 2005, 06:10 AM
http://www.anotherurl.com/photos/family/old_hubbard/madeira/images/night1.jpg

If I didn't sleep so much, I would get up before sunrise to see these in person. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Neith
Sep 20, 2005, 09:40 AM
Personally, I love it when the sky is orange-red, looks like the skies are on fire.

Not much better than watching a big thunderstorm though, especially when it cools the air down.

TheOneHero
Sep 20, 2005, 11:47 AM
On 2005-09-20 07:40, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Personally, I love it when the sky is orange-red, looks like the skies are on fire.

Once, we had a pretty bad thunderstorm here and after it was over the sky looked exactly like it does in Ultimate Forest 2.

It was pretty frickin' cool to see green mixed with a myriad of oranges, reds, and yellows. It totally kicked ass.