PDA

View Full Version : Attention parents: money doesn't relieve you of your respons

KodiaX987
Sep 19, 2005, 09:35 PM
I have this uncle whom I used to see a lot back then. That uncle has a son, my cousin, and we're both similar age (OK, OK, he's 8 months older, gimme a fuckin' break.)

Fast forward several years later. My cousin is now older. He's entered university, has a girlfriend, a job at a club, and drives a red Civic, nicely decorated with Enkei rims and a pumping sound system to accompany it all. At 21 years old, he works hard, can handle literally any schedule and maintains a happy and friendly demeanor.

During those years, my uncle also grew richer. He went from a bungalow to a two-story castle-like home with a little dock, a boat and a pontoon. He's left his wife and met another woman, with whom he had 3 kids: 1 girl and 2 boys in that order. The girl is at least 13, while the boys are, I believe, 11 and 9, give or take a year.

Now, you guys have heard me burn those 3 miscarriage leftovers before but it's time for another edition.

And it's gonna hurt.

The girl is 13, compared to my cousin who's 21. That's 8 years of difference, and my uncle was already pretty loaded with cash by the time she was of age to learn behavior and stuff. But as he grew richer, my uncle grew slacker. Of course, when you're a daddy-o, you want the best for your kids. If you got cash, it's most likely a given that you'll use it to please your kid. That's what my father did, but he didn't let down on his iron-fisted grip on how to act in a proper manner (although my brothers say he had grown much mellower before conceiving me, but that's another story.)

Back to the girl. For years on end, she has proven to be the most bluntly honest little bitch I've seen on the face of the earth. Not that honesty is a bad thing, but it kinda hurts when you see her opening the gift you're giving her for her birthday and makes a face 'cause she doesn't like it. Nor does she like every other gift brought to her year after year. No word of thank you. Just a frown, a toss aside and then she yells "OK, next!" One of my other younger cousins has taken the habit of saying "Thank you!!" to my mom in place of the bitch, as some form of smart burn that I adore. That year, mom brought the gift upstairs into the bitch's room so that she wouldn't see her opening it. Too bad. She overheard the bitch chatting with my other cousin. The convo went like this:

Young Cousin: "Hey, did you notice those things in your room?"
Bitch: "Yeah. No idea who gave me that crap..."

Next come the boys. The oldest's started to smarten up but it's a clear fact that nobody's monitoring him. At the age of 11, he has a copy of GTA: Vice City in his basement. Thankfully, he couldn't get to install it.

Kid: "Can you install that game for us?"
Me: "This?!... No. Go give that back to your friend."
Kid: "Why?"
Me: "That game's bad for you. I don't need to say any more. You trust me on that."
Kid: "Yeah."
Me: "Good. Now let me never see that game again."

I go upstairs, sit down next to the TV and idly pick up a comic book lying on the couch, left there by the 9 year old. Here is what happened in the first 3 pages:

2 people get murdered, very bloodily.
Nudity akimbo, men and women alike.
A girl gets raped.
Dude beats up a girl for not letting him fuck her.

Maybe that uncle needs a little cash lock-out. That'll toughen him up. And soften up his kids.

Dek
Sep 19, 2005, 09:44 PM
Well, you did save one child. I'm sure if you talk to the other one in regards to the comic, it may have a similar effect.

But as far as the 13 year old girl goes...well, for one, it's quite obvious that she doesn't realize that it's the thought that counts.

Perhaps talking to your uncle could potentially do something. Who knows. There maybe a chance that the uncle you knew is still in there somewhere... (in there, as in in his soul/heart)

Kizaragu
Sep 20, 2005, 02:33 PM
Have you told your Uncle about the material your two cousins have got hold of? Explain just how explicit they actually are. Maybe he can try and put a stop to it? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

As for the 13 year girl (Had to force myself not to write brat), She sounds about as diplomatic as an man holding vaseline outside an adult video store with flashing neon lights.
There's no easy way to tell someone they're spoiling their child without seriousely offending them.
All I can suggest is to maybe just buy her a card and only a card every Christmas/Birthday. Even if she continues her bratty behaviour with everyone else, at least it's a small victory for you?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 21, 2005, 01:49 AM
Indeed, why waste time even buying gifts for someone who will shit on it right in front of your face?

Don't buy anything, and she will what? Give you a nasty remark about not buying anything?

But then, if you did, you get a nasty remark anyway.

So save money, and get the same result!

What the hell kind of gift pleases a 13 year old who has enough money to buy what they want? A car? A house?

But we're not your family, so it just depends on how much crap you can take from them and whatever you do is up to you, we can't judge your decisions on this.

You don't have to necessarily like family, but you can still buy gifts for em. We all do, right?

Oh yeah, forgot to add this:
What does she buy for people's birthdays?

For your birthday, whatever she buys for you(if she even does, speculation on my part here) crap all over it. Tell her who bought this piece of junk gift.

See how she likes that kind of treatment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-09-20 23:51 ]</font>

geewj
Sep 21, 2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah, there is one good thing about growing up poor.

It makes you less of an asshole.

At least that kind of asshole, anyways.