PDA

View Full Version : In Your Honor

Split
Sep 21, 2005, 09:27 PM
Just purchased it, and let me tell you:It's better than gravy. The softer songs are an excellent touch, and the whole album's awesomenity left me stunned in the end. Truly wonderful.

Dek
Sep 21, 2005, 10:12 PM
I also have Foo Fighter's new album. It's just awsome. While I do prefer the older songs (Learn to Fly, etc.), I do think this was a step up from "One by One"

A shame that the anti-piracy encryption really screwed over my computer. Manufacturer saying that my drive isn't compatible with Anti-piracy encryption http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Oh well. Pulled a few bells and whistles and got the songs onto my iTunes list as well as my iPod.

CupOfCoffee
Sep 21, 2005, 10:16 PM
I like that CD too, but I don't think it really surpasses The Colour and the Shape, or even There Is Nothing Left To Lose. I wasn't a big fan of putting all the loud songs on one disc and all the soft ones on the other... I like to listen to albums the whole way through and see a sort of art in how songs are arranged, which the Foo Fighters generally kicked ass at in the past. This time it seems like they just kinda dumped them all into categories.

Of course, the album still rocks. I always liked Dave Grohl's non-screaming vocals better, but No Way Back is steadily climbing my favorite songs list regardless.

Madzozs
Sep 22, 2005, 08:57 AM
This was one of my favorite albums of the year. Not the favorite, but it is definitely up in the top 5.

Cupofcoffee, if they put the songs all together on one disc, it'd still be 2 discs. They didn't want to cut any of those songs, and I'm glad they didn't. To me, the release was a great idea from the genius that is Dave Grohl.

CupOfCoffee
Sep 25, 2005, 02:42 AM
I would've preferred to have them cut a few songs and make one normal sized disc with awesome arrangement, but that's just me. I realize that not everyone likes to listen to an album all the way through or even cares about that type of thing.

Feelmirath
Sep 25, 2005, 10:19 AM
Ive got the album, and i tell ye there isnt one song on iTunes from that album that has less than 4 stars http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif