PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering if I could get some suggestions

Orange_Coconut
Sep 22, 2005, 01:48 AM
I saw recently that the game Fable is now out for the PC. I don't really know much about the game, but I remember hearing that you could basically sculpt how your game went. I was just wondering how many people here who have played or beaten this game actually liked it. I know I could just read reviews from gaming sites, but I tend to disagree with a lot of them.

So basically, I was just wondering who liked/disliked this game and the reasons why you felt it was good/bad. I know that no game is perfect, so I'm guessing it has it's good points as well as bad ones. But I was wondering if anyone would tell me their thoughts on the game because I'm wondering whether I should buy it or not.

I don't own an Xbox, so that's why I didn't get it already. I remember being somewhat bummed out that I couldn't actually play the game, but I'm just wondering if people think it's worth buying. =)

geewj
Sep 22, 2005, 02:11 AM
The only real gripe I've heard is that the game is too short.

If people are complaining that thier isn't enough ga,e to play, then the part they get must be good.

Musashiden
Sep 22, 2005, 05:23 AM
I played and beat Fable on the Xbox, and it's a really good game. You do get to pretty much do whatever you want, but in the end you still have to follow a certain storyline, there's just more flexibility in this game than most. My problem with it was that it is very short though, and you could beat it in a couple days. So if you want to, buy it, but I wouldnt recommend buying because of how short it is. But its your money, and you can create several different characters and have some more fun that way.

Rubius-sama
Sep 22, 2005, 06:57 AM
This makes me wanna play Fable. I never caught on to all that Fable hype but if it is a short and great game, I'd go for it. I don't have too much time so I'd like to play a good RPG that I can easily beat in a few days.

Eihwaz
Sep 22, 2005, 11:55 AM
For the most part, it's a very solid action/RPG. Combat /leveling up system is very awesome, and you can fight in a variety of ways - huge damaging blade attacks, lethally accurate bow attacks (with the added advantages of being quick and sneaky), or potent magic blasts. Or any combination of the above.

The main quest is pretty short, but if you spend time to do extra stuff on the side, it adds a lot to the game. This would be especially true for The Lost Chapters, since it adds a lot more material compared to the Xbox version.

It's a pretty good game, so I'd recommend it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif