PDA

View Full Version : So...stressed.....

InfinityXXX
Sep 22, 2005, 09:33 PM
I've been so stressed this week, I just need me a good day off with no work but thats not gonna be happening soon.

1. I have 4 hard test all on Monday so I'll be spending this weekend studying

2. I got to play at a football game tommorow in Redneck ville so I'll be hearing the N-word a lot, but not only that but my band director has made it so strict at football games that its not fun and its extremely boring.

3. I have to memorize 2 pieces of music for tommorow and homecomming next friday

4. African American club is having a car wash Sunday and me being vice president have to be there

5. My sister's homecoming is Saturday and that'll take up all my Saturday.

6. I got to write out the song "Don't Phunk with my Heart" and "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas for the Trumpets, Percussion and Saxaphones so we can play it at the football game.

7. I have to go to the movies Sunday with Tia

8. I have to help my Granmom repaint her house

9. got to take a friend to the mall.
------------------
So much crap to do and I don't know how I'm gonna do it all. I wish I can just cancel it all but whats Killing me are the 4 tests. Algebra 2, Anatomy, English, and Color and Design and because how awful the teachers teach, I'm gonna have to really study because they're making their tests super hard.

RicoRoyal
Sep 22, 2005, 10:06 PM
On 2005-09-22 19:33, InfinityXXX wrote:

On 2005-09-19 16:56, InfinityXXX wrote:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/FictionXX/haha3.jpg

I fail to see how that is a proplem http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anywho, about your week to come, I wish you the best of luck in getting all your priorities in the correct order. What I like to do during Finals Weeks is to make a nice list on a scrap piece of paper. I put check boxes next to every single thing that I need to do (even the trivial shit like eating and sleeping). During the tougher of the Finals Weeks I like to create and follow a very strict sleeping schedule (sleep is the one thing that likes to get in the way of everything). Example, I will use up to three alarms and a friend's phone call to ensure that I sleep no more and no less than I said that I would (on the already mentioned list). If I say five hours - five hours it is.

The point is to plan ahead. Tonight, obviously spend all the time needed to learn those two pieces of music. Once that is done and out of the way, take some time to sit down (10-15 minutes), so that you make that list that will help guide you throuh the rest of your week. Make sure to put down little comments directed at yourself. I like to use ones like "GET THIS DONE! NO EXCUSES", "Consider 15 minute nap" and my favorite for the last day or two "Sleep sucks anyways." If you need help waking up, you can always ask Tia for a nice wake-up phone call http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Good luck. You can doooo it.

InfinityXXX
Sep 22, 2005, 10:10 PM
Thank you, and I will take that advise. I really need to blame myself cuz I'm always doing things for people just so they won't get amd at me. I really need to stop trying to make everyone happy but its so hard for me to say no to things.

Daikarin
Sep 23, 2005, 06:00 PM

Get used to it. Enough so that you don't look at it thinking "It's gonna be hell".

2. I got to play at a football game tommorow in Redneck ville so I'll be hearing the N-word a lot, but not only that but my band director has made it so strict at football games that its not fun and its extremely boring.

If they treat you like less than one of them, leave on the spot. If not, take the chance to enjoy playing the game.

3. I have to memorize 2 pieces of music for tommorow and homecomming next friday

Look at it. Visualize yourself knowing them. Don't care about how long it is, just see yourself memorizing it easily, and that's all that's needed. Do this often, and you'll have a hard time forgetting.

4. African American club is having a car wash Sunday and me being vice president have to be there

You're pissed about the speech right?

Does your sister have friends?

6. I got to write out the song "Don't Phunk with my Heart" and "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas for the Trumpets, Percussion and Saxaphones so we can play it at the football game.

Is this a bad thing?

Balooney. These darn ladies, always dragging us to all sorts of boring places.

A chance to make the good deed of the day.

Two chances to make good deeds in one day! Now that's luck.

And about the exams, you gotta tell yourself that you aren't naive. And if you study, you'll do fine. Tests aren't made to flunk you, they're made so that you go there and show what you know. Good luck work.

Dangerous55
Sep 23, 2005, 07:08 PM
Tweak the fuck out and blow your enitre school away. That's what I would do.

JODDY
Sep 23, 2005, 07:24 PM
That's life, but it doesnt have to be like that. Just be a lazy ass and stop with the music and club. You'll have all the free time you want. Unless you plan on doing something with it in your future. Then just suck it up and do it. I also dont see why you say you have to do all this stuff. You choose to do them.

Jason
Sep 24, 2005, 12:38 PM
On 2005-09-24 Jason wrote:

Just study them off, maybe 2 on Friday and 2 on Sunday as your sister's homecoming is Saturday.

If it is always that way, you can consider quitting. Well, I know it is being easy said than done and especially if you are a big part of the team.

I had stage performing with having had to memorize a lot of scripts with success, I know you can with pieces of music. As you're having 2, if your first going went okay but you think it can be improved, you've got days till the homecoming next Friday. So you've got 2 chances at this, don't dwell if the first going went bad.

If you really have to go, how long would it be for? If you're not going to do much washing, you can take your school work with you there to work on.

Are you going to do stuff with her that will consume time for that day today, or is she having friends invited? If her friends are coming or if she's too distracting, you can consider going to Tia's for all the comfort and concentration that you need.

That shouldn't be so much a problem to you as it would be for pooping and wiping your ass.

Cannot you call in to say you're too busy with other things that you have to do that are more important than going to the movies? You two can pick another day on that, unless she's too much of a bitch to accept or understand.

Can't that wait till a later time?

Pick another time.

I know I'm a bit late to post this, but may the force luck be with you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2005-09-24 10:39 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Sep 25, 2005, 12:19 AM
I've got a lot done and we went to the movies today, the only thing I got to do is the car wash, and study. These tests are really killing me. I think the teachers call each other and make all their tests on the same day on purpose. Thats my main pet peeve with school; when you have 3 or more tests on the same day.

Dangerous55
Sep 25, 2005, 12:38 AM
On 2005-09-24 22:19, InfinityXXX wrote:
I've got a lot done and we went to the movies today, the only thing I got to do is the car wash, and study. These tests are really killing me. I think the teachers call each other and make all their tests on the same day on purpose. Thats my main pet peeve with school; when you have 3 or more tests on the same day.

Do what I do. Pay attention in class and don't study. I get A's.

Plus you can do whatever the hell you want as long as you get in a college.

opaopajr
Sep 25, 2005, 03:14 AM
well, give yourself credit, if you've attended classes, did the homework, and don't totally flunk the quizzes you should be pretty good to go. just a bit o' studying here and there few days before, good night sleep night before, and 5 minutes before the test a quick brush up. the sleep and the 5 minute review beforehand is of critical importance. trust me on this. i ace tests and love them (yes, yes, i'm strange. but i *know* i'll do well during them, so i have no fear of them).

those who fret, freak, and cram usually flunk. you know more than you think.

Daikarin
Sep 25, 2005, 06:50 AM
On 2005-09-24 22:38, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2005-09-24 22:19, InfinityXXX wrote:

Do what I do. Pay attention in class and don't study. I get A's.

It also works for me. And if you study, that's an added bonus.

Jason
Sep 25, 2005, 03:21 PM
I wasted my time. >_>