PDA

View Full Version : What class will you be?

Rion772
Sep 23, 2005, 06:39 PM
what class will you be?

_Tek_
Sep 23, 2005, 06:40 PM
Those are races, and you forgot casts, and its most likely the majority of players will have multiple characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-23 16:42 ]</font>

DarK-SuN
Sep 23, 2005, 08:29 PM
Like Tek said, you forgot the Casts.
My main is going to be a Cast, but I'll do more of the other races.

Tomeeboy
Sep 23, 2005, 09:19 PM
::waves magic wand::

He forgot what? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_Tek_
Sep 23, 2005, 09:20 PM
lol jedi!

But anyways I think my first will be human, since I'll be playing as ethan, and I'll create Tek-Lok first.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-23 19:22 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 23, 2005, 09:22 PM
Human, first and foremost, then a Newman, followed by the others, when/if I feel like it.

Dre_o
Sep 23, 2005, 09:23 PM
My first character will be Human but others are yet to be seen.

Nice magic wand, where can I get one? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

________
volcano vaporizers (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

Rion772
Sep 23, 2005, 09:25 PM
sorry 'bout that, anyway I think i'll make a beast char. first, then make a human

Rubesahl
Sep 24, 2005, 04:34 PM
I find it interesting that in most online games people choose humans o.o; Well, it's also the fact that it's the constant race together with elves >_> hehe or long eared humans with sharper facial features o.o; Well, for me, newman first, in general I pick long eared chars so this won't be an exception.

Uncle_bob
Sep 24, 2005, 08:36 PM
If the technique system doesn't make me want to gut myself with a rusty knife, I'll use a human.

Quo
Sep 24, 2005, 09:27 PM
It depends. I plan on making my first character a magic type in the hopes that "Black mage-ery" will be useful in PSU. If humans have decent costumes for such a role, I'll go with that; otherwise, I'll look into newmans (newmen?). I also plan on having a beast character geared toward melee. And maybe a cast as well.

You know, depending on how many characters ST lets us have, I'll probably play all the races.

DarK-SuN
Sep 25, 2005, 12:19 AM
On 2005-09-24 19:27, Quo wrote:
I'll look into newmans (newmen?).

Newman/Newmans (or Numan/Numans if you go with the original Phantasy Star series name), since it's a variation of Human/Humans (sorta like New Human/New Humans I suppose).

Zelutos
Sep 25, 2005, 12:34 AM
Human, of course. Le Zelutos is no beast or machine...or elfy thing..

Kent
Sep 25, 2005, 02:35 AM
On 2005-09-24 14:34, Rubesahl wrote:
I find it interesting that in most online games people choose humans o.o;

Well, for me, it's a consistant aesthetic choice. In all except a few cases, I'm not too fond of playing a character that focuses in only one aspect of combat, which, in most cases, it turns out that humans are the most balanced. In PSO, this equated to three of the character classes (HUnewearl, FOmar, and RAmarl), where one wasn't human, but was very versatile, none-the-less.

For other people, it tends to flow toward that they don't know what they want to be beforehand, so a human is the best choice because they typically don't suck at any one thing, but aren't the best at any one thing, either.

SubstanceD
Sep 25, 2005, 07:53 AM
I plan on eventually trying out each and every single RACE and ClASS ( just to see what they are like ) but it is very likely that my main character will be a CAST ( High HP, High Attack, High Defence and HIGH Accuracy, that's everything I have ever wanted from a PSO/PSU character ).

I am also interested in investing some serious time in a HUMAN character. There are worse things out there than being a jack of all trades.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2005-09-25 06:02 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 25, 2005, 06:48 PM
i was a fomarl walking around with a soul banish and grass assassin sabers i finally get to come out of my shell a be a humarl http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

PhruitBaskit
Sep 26, 2005, 03:48 PM
I think my first char will be a cast and if the number of created characters you can have is four, I'll have one of each race.

OdinTyler
Sep 28, 2005, 01:39 AM
Alisha, youre thinking like me! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Im taking my old FOmarl main & making her a HUmarl (I know thats not what she'll technically be since theres no more classes) but at least I can improve her atk more. Im definitely excited as to what I can possibly do now.

Rion772
Sep 29, 2005, 05:18 AM
On 2005-09-25 16:48, Alisha wrote:
i was a fomarl walking around with a soul banish and grass assassin sabers i finally get to come out of my shell a be a humarl http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

being a hunter is great fun =), I never get bored of slash and dash, I'll make a human - male - and use blades for sure, their balanced out in everything and excel in blade combat, also good with techs. (obviously not the best) and guns..so it's all fun!

Ethen
Sep 29, 2005, 04:59 PM
I want to be a Human since they have average abilities.

Fossil
Oct 1, 2005, 03:33 PM
I'm leanin towards cast right now.

lostinseganet
Oct 1, 2005, 03:56 PM
I want to be a magic user, but I think the robots are called casts now right?

Rion772
Oct 1, 2005, 04:28 PM
yes their called cast's, personally I think Newman are over rated, I prefer a weapon that's like something real, something that's not just in fantasy but the real world: a Blade of any kind, that's just my opinion though.

Wyndham
Oct 1, 2005, 04:40 PM
i voted newman, but i could change my mind.
i want a nice blade user with magic as a backup.

zofia
Oct 4, 2005, 02:12 PM
'Newearl for life.

therealAERO
Oct 4, 2005, 05:36 PM
I chose human because that is what I am in real life. Although I may choose Newman(male) have we seen any male newmans? Also on a side note. Did you guys see that crazy dash attack that guy did in the 30 minute TGS 2005 video? He did like 4 hits than his last one was like a ninja strike with two sabers with X pattern slash. FREAKING SWEET

Shade-
Oct 4, 2005, 06:22 PM
Cast
Decked out on Attack and Dex/Acc(however they do it). As long as you can hit and kill, other stats are an afterthought.

Spider
Oct 4, 2005, 07:31 PM
Always go Human warrior for my main character in all RPGs http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rion772
Oct 4, 2005, 07:42 PM
On 2005-10-04 15:36, therealAERO wrote:
I chose human because that is what I am in real life. Although I may choose Newman(male) have we seen any male newmans? Also on a side note. Did you guys see that crazy dash attack that guy did in the 30 minute TGS 2005 video? He did like 4 hits than his last one was like a ninja strike with two sabers with X pattern slash. FREAKING SWEET

Hmmm, I havn't seen that video yet. Can you post it?

ANIMEniac
Oct 4, 2005, 10:45 PM
i am gunna try to keep my 2 main characters which Newman and Human, but since i have a HUnewearl it will be a chalenge to rais a newman like a hunter ^_^. but i will also make a character for the other 2. on the x-box i have 12 chars., pretty much one for each class, so on PSU i think i might do something similar depending on character slots.

tag888
Oct 7, 2005, 06:40 AM
I'm deffinately going with the Newman aspect since many people are going to go with the whole "Power to the Max" Idea. Besides, I like the fact on the other PSO games that everyone was always just begging for Shifta/Deband, plus, the spells in PSU look 10x better than the old game.

Badger-sama
Oct 8, 2005, 08:12 AM
I'm torn.

I have a sort of affinity with the androids, but they just seem less cool in PSU, for some reason. The whole "beam weapons down from the sky and pwn fewlz onced an hour" thing seems kinda hokey to me. I may be going human in PSU. I'd go beast but I absolutely abhor the way they look. And I'm not really a technique person (note my affinity with androids), so I'll probably steer clear from Newmans as usual. It looks like I'm gonna go human first. From there on in, who knows...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Badger-sama on 2005-10-08 06:14 ]</font>

Rion772
Oct 8, 2005, 10:35 AM
On 2005-10-08 06:12, Badger-sama wrote:
I'm torn.

I have a sort of affinity with the androids, but they just seem less cool in PSU, for some reason. The whole "beam weapons down from the sky and pwn fewlz onced an hour" thing seems kinda hokey to me. I may be going human in PSU. I'd go beast but I absolutely abhor the way they look. And I'm not really a technique person (note my affinity with androids), so I'll probably steer clear from Newmans as usual. It looks like I'm gonna go human first. From there on in, who knows...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Badger-sama on 2005-10-08 06:14 ]</font>

I prefer human anyday everyday. Like someone said earlier they pick human because they are, I completely agree. I like techs but not enough to go Newman crazy, I prefer raw power that's balanced out between power and techs.

Badger-sama
Oct 8, 2005, 10:42 AM
On 2005-10-08 08:35, Rion772 wrote:

On 2005-10-08 06:12, Badger-sama wrote:
I'm torn.

I prefer human anyday everyday. Like someone said earlier they pick human because they are, I completely agree. I like techs but not enough to go Newman crazy, I prefer raw power that's balanced out between power and techs.

My character is definitely gonna be human, wearing predominantly black clothing with green trim and accents, pale skin, tall, with probably either bright green hair to match or normal brown/red hair if the green looks too weird.

I can already see it in my head. He'll look badass.

Oh, and if they have an option for glasses or something on the face, I'd give him glasses. Glasses kick ass.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Badger-sama on 2005-10-08 08:45 ]</font>

Rion772
Oct 8, 2005, 10:59 AM
Hmm, I will make my Human like tall, medium skin, white costume which I will switch to black at times, and white hair with the same hairstyle I have from pso. If I can't take that hairstyle i'll just go with short(er) hair. I think my pso character (who looks like all of that, I'm just copying him basically) will look pretty cool as always.

Badger-sama
Oct 8, 2005, 11:21 AM
I was inspired by this instant of the character creation trailer:

http://pages.black-blade.net/badger/misc/badger.jpg

It'll be something similar to that, I'll be messing around with it for a while when I first get into it though... you know how it'll be... we'll all be spending hours just getting our characters looking right...

He looks almost dead-on there, clothing wise... except the coat isn't the exact color I'd like... and I don't know about those green shoes...

(EDIT: I put a hyphen where it was needed... dead-on)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Badger-sama on 2005-10-08 10:22 ]</font>

Rion772
Oct 8, 2005, 12:20 PM
That's a cool-ish looking character, and he doesn't look dead...just old.

Starrz
Oct 9, 2005, 01:17 PM
I'm going magic-caster as usual. Although in PSO i usually chose human forces, i'll make an exception if newman's are really that much better at magic, than humans. As a second character I'll make a human.

EphekZ
Oct 9, 2005, 06:20 PM
Looks like Ill be using a Cast as the forces that i saw were ugly >_>

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 06:37 PM
On 2005-10-09 16:20, darkgunner wrote:
Looks like Ill be using a Cast as the forces that i saw were ugly >_>

There are forces? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Axel3792
Oct 9, 2005, 09:07 PM
1. Human (old school like that:) )
2. Beast (something new!)
3. Cast (techs now!? wtf)
4. Newman (not a backfighter tho...)

Rion772
Oct 11, 2005, 07:34 PM
Technically yes theirs "Forces" but officially go by the name "Newmans" now.

Kent
Oct 11, 2005, 10:54 PM
On 2005-10-11 17:34, Rion772 wrote:
Technically yes theirs "Forces" but officially go by the name "Newmans" now.

...Except not.

If that were the case, then "Hunters" would go by the name "Casts" now.

Classes seem to be out, all together. Instead, they just did away with a good portion of the dissimilarity, the different races are, apparently, more evened out, as opposed to being more specialized; even Casts are getting some MST for techniques.

For comparison purposes, it's a safe guess to say that, not ability-wise, that Newmen in PSU will be statistically similar to to a FOmar in PSO, Having a little more MST than ATP, but still being able to fight very well; whereas a Human will be statistically similar to a HUnewearl (HUmars are too specialized toward pure melee), in that they have more ATP than a Newmen, and a bit less MST, but the difference is far from drastic enough to call them "Forces."

See what I mean?

Rion772
Oct 12, 2005, 05:07 AM
Yeah I see, so then what do you call them? because I was pretty sure it was Cast, Beast, Human, and Newman.

Kent
Oct 12, 2005, 05:53 AM
That's what I'm saying it is now.

OdinTyler
Oct 12, 2005, 11:21 AM
With everyone picking what race theyll be & how theyll look, does anyone know if once we choose what we want, can we alter our appearance at anytime? In PSO we adjusted in offline mode in the dressing room. Will we get a separate screen to change our look before officially loading up online? Hope so. Id hate to be stuck with the same look & I love how I can change my appearance to suit my mood. Also, any info on whether we can buy additional costumes or accessories: eyeglasses, patch, sling (for those times when you feel beat up LOL), etc. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PhruitBaskit
Oct 12, 2005, 12:20 PM
On 2005-10-12 09:21, OdinTyler wrote:
With everyone picking what race theyll be & how theyll look, does anyone know if once we choose what we want, can we alter our appearance at anytime? In PSO we adjusted in offline mode in the dressing room. Will we get a separate screen to change our look before officially loading up online? Hope so. Id hate to be stuck with the same look & I love how I can change my appearance to suit my mood. Also, any info on whether we can buy additional costumes or accessories: eyeglasses, patch, sling (for those times when you feel beat up LOL), etc. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That's a good point, but I highly doubt they won't let you change your appearance. I bet you'll be able to change your costume at any time FOR 10,000 MESETA!!! lol

OdinTyler
Oct 12, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hey, 10k meseta is nothing. I played PSO since V1 & I remember how it used to be 100k! That made me not want to change often (or be really really REALLY sure). I think with Sega being a predominantly Japanese company, we'd start seeing a bit more of the Japanese humor such as cross bandages, slings, eyepatches, etc etc for when your char gets 'injured' or at least for comical value. Im sure all the DBZ clones out there would want their floating drop levitating above their shoulder! LOL
Seriously, Im sure faces (with the exceptions of casts) wont be changeable after creation. Im just hoping I can alter costume style & color as previous. Nothing worse than being stuck with the same look on an online game. It gets tired REAL quick. If we do get to have more than 1 PM, Im gonna have one be a full-time tailor to make me new costumes. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rion772
Oct 12, 2005, 06:34 PM
First of all, even 100k is virtually nothing and can easily be made back in 1-2 Ult Ruins runs. Secondly I really hope if I don't like my characters hair style and ID I can change those...maybe even along with eye color (with those damn crazy contacts nowadays).

Ghen
Oct 12, 2005, 06:36 PM
Straight up melee cast all the way! w00t!

OdinTyler
Oct 13, 2005, 12:08 AM
100k was hard when Im talking about back on DC, long ago, when trying to avoid the hackers, before Ultimate mode. That & spending more time soloing, it was hard to made 100k JUST to change costumes when I have enough upkeep to do. Ahhh, the good old days... LOL

FrozenFlame41
Oct 13, 2005, 12:13 AM
Human as my first character, Cast probably second.

If I make a third(Doubt it but who knows) Will be beast. I got no interest in numan though.

Zarbolord
Oct 13, 2005, 06:39 AM
Personally I don't know... I voted for newman because I like forces and they're good in magic, but since I only have a cube, won't be able to play it...
Anyway I suppose it depends on who plays because each one of us has a different way of playing...

Rion772
Oct 13, 2005, 10:08 AM
I am and always have been a solo player...for me atleast 100k was nothing, I would give 300-500K to each of my new characters so I never maxed out my back and 999k.

OdinTyler
Oct 13, 2005, 10:32 AM
Ya, since Ive been playing offline, Ive passed off cash to most of my chars (I have 1 of every race/class combo). Im trying to save up 99 photon drops then get back online. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif As for initial char choices for PSU, I'll be once again making my main, Masako, but she'll be equipped with more hunter-type abilities but not neglecting her force roots. I'll also be making a beast as theyre the new race. Granted, alot of ppl will be making DBZ & SF clones & such but Im going to try a more traditional (if possible) PS look for my hairy friend. Id have to know more about the character customizations but I have a plan that I hope pans out. If so, Im gonna have ALOT of fun. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rion772
Oct 13, 2005, 05:24 PM
Yeah Photon Drop x99 is going to take you a pretty long time to get, I myself only have about 32...maybe i'm just unlucky.

OdinTyler
Oct 13, 2005, 11:04 PM
Actually the past couple weeks Ive been lucky. Since I really started getting back into playing marathons of offline PSO, I find at least a couple a week. I didnt have many & now Im up to 51! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Only 48 more to go & I can do that Gallon's qst...thing...to get all those items. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Im shooting for that & Lv144 (just hit 124 or 125 a few min ago) where I can try this one particular armor out. Only 1 slot but I have 3 AddSlots to add to it. Speaking of AddSlot, anyone know good places/monsters to get them off of?

PhruitBaskit
Oct 14, 2005, 12:22 PM
I have 99 photon drops (someone dropped them online). And about the add slots...

Viridia: Normal:Forest Forest 1 Box
Normal:Temple Temple Alpha Box
Normal:Desert Girtablulu 1/128-2000
Normal:Seabed Dolmolm
Hard:Seabed Seabed Lower Levels Box
Hard:Caves Cave 2 Box
Hard:Desert Girtablulu 1/128-2000
Vhard:Control Center Seaside Area Box
Vhard:Control Center Jungle Area North Box
Vhard:Ruins Ruins 2 Box
Vhard:Caves Cave 2 Box
Ultimate:Ruins Ruins 2 Box
Ultimate:Control Center Jungle Area East Box

Greennill: Normal:Forest Forest 2 Box
Normal:Temple Temple Beta Box
Normal:Spaceship Barbarous Wolf
Hard:Control Center Mountain Area Box
Hard:Ruins Ruins 1 Box
Vhard:Spaceship Spaceship Beta Box
Vhard:Ruins Ruins 3 Box
Vhard:Mines Mine 2 Box
Ultimate:Ruins Ruins 1 Box
Ultimate:Control Center Mountain Area Box

Skyly: Normal:Caves Cave 3 Box
Normal:Temple Spaceship Alpha Box
Normal:Control Center Ul Gibbon
Normal:Control Center Zol Gibbon
Hard:Control Center Jungle Area East Box
Hard:Mines Mine 2 Box
Vhard:Ruins Ruins 3 Box
Vhard:Ruins Ruins 1 Box
Vhard:Seabed Seabed Upper Levels Box
Ultimate:Mines Mine 2 Box
Ultimate:Control Center Seaside Area Box

Bluefull: Normal:Desert Girtablulu 1/128-2000
Normal:Seabed Dolmdarl
Normal:Mines Mine 2 Box
Normal:Spaceship Spaceship Beta Box
Hard:Control Center Jungle Area North Box
Hard:Mines Mine 1 Box
Vhard:Mines Sinow Gold
Vhard:Control Center Jungle Area East Box
Ultimate:Forest Forest 1 Box
Ultimate:Seabed Seabed Upper Levels Box

Purplenum: Normal:Mines Mine 1 Box
Normal:Control Center Jungle Area North Box
Hard:Caves Cave 3 Box
Hard:Spaceship Spaceship Beta Box
Vhard:Caves Nano Dragon
Vhard:Mines Sinow Gold
Ultimate:Seabed Seabed Lower Levels Box

Pinkal: Normal:Forest Forest 2 Box
Normal:Control Center Seaside Area Box
Hard:Spaceship Spaceship Alpha Box
Hard:Ruins Ruins 3 Box

Redria: Normal:Temple Nar Lily
Normal:Temple Hildeblue
Normal:Forest Forest 2 Box
Normal:Caves Cave 3 Box
Normal:Mines Mine 1 Box
Normal:Ruins Ruins 1 Box
Normal:Temple Temple Beta Box
Normal:Spaceship Spaceship Beta Box
Normal:Control Center Mountain Area Box
Normal:Seabed Seabed Upper Levels Box
Normal:Mines Sinow Gold
Hard:Seabed Seabed Upper Levels Box
Hard:Control Center Mountain Area Box
Hard:Control Center Jungle Area North Box
Hard:Temple Temple Beta Box
Hard:Caves Cave 1 Box
Hard:Forest Forest 1 Box
Vhard:Seabed Seabed Lower Levels Box
Vhard:Ruins Ruins 1 Box
Vhard:Forest Forest 2 Box
Ultimate:Caves Cave 1 Box

Oran: Normal:Desert Girtablulu 1/128-2000
Normal:Caves Cave 2 Box
Normal:Control Center Jungle Area East Box
Hard:Forest Forest 2 Box
Hard:Temple Temple Alpha Box
Vhard:Seabed Seabed Lower Levels Box
Ultimate:Caves Cave 2 Box
Ultimate:Spaceship Spaceship Alpha Box

Yellowboze: Normal:Caves Cave 1 Box
Normal:Mines Mine 2 Box
Normal:Temple Jungle Area North Box
Normal:Temple Mountain Area Box
Normal:Temple Seaside Area Box
Normal:Spaceship Seabed Lower Levels Box
Normal:Forest Forest 2 Box
Hard:Control Center Seaside Area Box
Hard:Control Center Jungle Area East Box
Hard:Spaceship Spaceship Alpha Box
Hard:Temple Temple Alpha Box
Hard:Ruins Ruins 1 Box
Hard:Caves Cave 1 Box
Hard:Forest Forest 1 Box
Vhard:Mines Garanz
Vhard:Temple Temple Beta Box
Vhard:Caves Cave 3 Box
Vhard:Forest Forest 1 Box
Ultimate:Forest Forest 2 Box
Ultimate:Caves Cave 2 Box
Ultimate:Caves Cave 3 Box
Ultimate:Ruins Ruins 1 Box
Ultimate:Temple Temple Alpha Box
Ultimate:Spaceship Spaceship Alpha Box
Ultimate:Control Center Jungle Area North Box
Ultimate:Seabed Seabed Upper Levels Box

Whitill: Normal:Caves Cave 1 Box
Normal:Control Center Jungle Area East Box
Hard:Seabed Seabed Upper Levels Box
Hard:Caves Cave 2 Box
Vhard:Mines Sinow Gold 1/3000
Vhard:Control Center Mountain Area Box
Vhard:Temple Temple Beta Box
Ultimate:Mines Mine 1 Box

Rion772
Oct 14, 2005, 03:42 PM
You're wasting addslots on a Sacred Cloth, you can just go get another. I'm too lazy to read all of that.

OdinTyler
Oct 14, 2005, 11:19 PM
Well as much as Id like to do that Rion, Ive had this armor so long I dont even remember HOW I got it. I think someone gave it to me as a gift long ago. I have a redria char but the best I could find with him were higher slot items. I would like to know where I could get the various armors. Then I wouldnt have to use AddSlots. Im still 20 lvls away from using SC as it is. I really wanna get an Aura Field. Something nice & visible I can see, like back on DC. Im sick of this 'invisible' armor. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rion772
Oct 15, 2005, 12:44 PM
On 2005-10-14 21:19, OdinTyler wrote:
Well as much as Id like to do that Rion, Ive had this armor so long I dont even remember HOW I got it. I think someone gave it to me as a gift long ago. I have a redria char but the best I could find with him were higher slot items. I would like to know where I could get the various armors. Then I wouldnt have to use AddSlots. Im still 20 lvls away from using SC as it is. I really wanna get an Aura Field. Something nice & visible I can see, like back on DC. Im sick of this 'invisible' armor. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sacred Cloth is a pretty good item (Lv 144 needed) or you can get a Standstill Shield (Lv...124-125 needed, Viridia, Mil Lily 1/2 chance)

tag888
Oct 27, 2005, 09:08 PM
After I Watched the video of the actual fight against the dragon boss, I think im gonna go with Human, and leave the true die-hards of Newmans go for that. I watched the Newman just sit there and heal life a baby. The Ranger Cast looked kick ass though, but I think I'm going with Human after that video.

OdinTyler
Oct 27, 2005, 09:35 PM
Youre lucky Tag. Three more days & you wouldve been considered to have 'bumped' this topic. Right, Phruit? LOL

Sakrei
Oct 28, 2005, 03:12 AM
Hmm, I was a HUnewearl but from what I've read about PSU it looks like I'll be selecting either Beast or Cast since Newmans have low attack. Whether it'll be male or female depends on what stat differences (if any) there are between the genders.

I like to go for a quick attacker with high agility who can use some techs. I'll most likely go for Beast (hopefully they will have good agi/evade).

The fact that there are no more classes, just races, is good since it should allow more freedom in character building.

I hope that PSU will give us around 3 character slots so we can experiment. It'd be a real pain if there was only one and you had to pay for extras *cough*FFXI*hack*.

FantasyJoy
Oct 28, 2005, 04:11 AM
I'll start with a Newman, that's for sure.
I really liked the techs at PSO, I really hope the techs at PSU are really incredible to watch.

After that I'll probably go for a Cast, because they just look so cool. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 04:45 AM
I might have to make my 3rd character a cast now...

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 11:46 AM
On 2005-10-27 19:35, OdinTyler wrote:
Youre lucky Tag. Three more days & you wouldve been considered to have 'bumped' this topic. Right, Phruit? LOL

Damn right...stupid bumps!

And Rion, go for a cast, they just look sooo cool! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lovejuice
Oct 28, 2005, 12:17 PM
I am seriously considering making a Beast type. I mean, it seems they might be pretty rare-ish as is (hardly anyone here has posted that they want to be one!), and judging from what we've seen of Leo so far, seem rather neat. Nifty facial hair is always a big plus.

They appear to have a nice blend of Human and Slightly-Animalish appearance, much like the new Casts mesh with Human features better than ever before. Although, we have seen very little of them in the character creator. I'm a bit puzzled about the beast transformation dealy though - perhaps we'll get to customise how that looks slightly, too? And no doubt with most 'transformation' type creatures in games, there will be some dispute over the ultimate 'usefulness' of the transformation (as in, you might just become limited to melee, or you are unable to use certain weapons).

Plus, it's nice to see that Beast type characters wont be limited to just Punch/Fist type weaponary - using a big sword like Leo will be fun!

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 02:48 PM
I might make a cast...I mean I like how strong they are, I just prefer to be what I am...human because it's cooler to make a cool version of yourself in a way because you can put yourself in place of you're character in your mind.

I'll make a beast for sure too, I want to mess with the transformation if I can...

OdinTyler
Oct 28, 2005, 06:33 PM
The beast transformation (Nanoblast), LJ, is just how it seems to be: added strength. One would think in beast mode, it would be a full rage, berserker atk. Doesnt mean you couldnt use weps, just means you're now equipped to go apes--- on whoever dare stands before you. I for one am making a beast (as my 2nd char). He'll probably be one of the more unique beasts online tho, I can pretty much guarantee that.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 07:13 PM
Well of course it'll be unique. I mean, who else's beast will look like a BARBRIAN? No one's! Though I think more people should make em like that. BARBRIANS rock! LOL

OdinTyler
Oct 28, 2005, 07:42 PM
On 2005-10-28 17:13, PhruitBaskit wrote:
Well of course it'll be unique. I mean, who else's beast will look like a BARBRIAN? No one's! Though I think more people should make em like that. BARBRIANS rock! LOL

Yes, the United Order of BARBRIANS and E.FARMERS! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif All Native Motavians...er...Moatoobians welcome! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 09:59 PM
What's with you guys and Barbarians, their big, tall, easy to hit, strong, and aren't that fast. Whereas a balanced out character is fast and strong. (my character will be a mix of high ATP and high ATA for guns.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 10:09 PM
BARBRIANS are lind of an inside joke, I guess. And a mix of high ATP and high ATA is exactly what I'll go for with my char, at least my cast. You've got to love the guns. Get high ATA for sniping and high ATP to kill the monsters when you do it. I like the ATP/ATA style

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 10:17 PM
On 2005-10-28 20:09, PhruitBaskit wrote:
BARBRIANS are lind of an inside joke, I guess. And a mix of high ATP and high ATA is exactly what I'll go for with my char, at least my cast. You've got to love the guns. Get high ATA for sniping and high ATP to kill the monsters when you do it. I like the ATP/ATA style

I totally agree, a ATA and ATP based character is perfect.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 10:24 PM
On 2005-10-28 20:17, Rion772 wrote:

So will your primary weapon type be blades or guns (By the way you want ATA I'm guessing guns). I like to use melee weapons but I like to focus my wrath on firearms http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif My main char is going to be totally RAcast

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 10:28 PM
On 2005-10-28 20:24, PhruitBaskit wrote:

On 2005-10-28 20:17, Rion772 wrote:

So will your primary weapon type be blades or guns (By the way you want ATA I'm guessing guns). I like to use melee weapons but I like to focus my wrath on firearms http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif My main char is going to be totally RAcast

I like blades more than guns, that's all I have to say. I just want guns for the sniping mode and some guns I got in PSO my HUmar couldn't use which annoyed me.

OdinTyler
Oct 29, 2005, 06:35 AM
Id be the 1st one to talk about balance. Thats what my main will be for. A FOmarl who will now be able to enhance her fighting abilities so she'll be somewhat hunterish, but never forgetting her force roots. Thats balanced. Ill make sure of it. As for a beast, theyre not really known for magic. Theyre pure warriors so should be raised as such.
I know you think of Barbarians as tall, Rion, & normally, Id agree. However, the BARBRIAN (& E.FARMER) variety are Native Motavians. Definitely different classification. Theyre a bit above 5ft tall, give or take an inch (clearly taller than a dwarf). You could say theyre about avg height but definitely pack a punch. Whereas with my FOmarl/HUmarl combo, Id be up front/support, my beast would be definitely someone to take the lead in the action. He too can benefit from high ATA/DEX & ATP as Id want to be sure his slashes (& shots) make their mark. Nothing would be more annoying than seeing the word MISS in giant letters keep popping up.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 29, 2005, 10:38 AM
I would really love a char with a PSO type of balance...do we even know that we'll get to pick how we distribute our skills? ATA/ATP/DEF...

Sakrei
Oct 29, 2005, 02:43 PM
I'm imagining (and hoping) that our characters are sculpted by choosing which stats we develop (as Phruit said) and/or selecting upgrade paths for weapons. Such as a Hunter concentrating on melee skills with one or two weapons.

I like close combat and quickly dodging enemy attacks so I'd concentrate on quick weapons such as daggers/double sabers and increasing AGI/EVP. (ATP/ATA/EVP build)

I also hope we hear more on how our characters will grow into their roles.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sakrei on 2005-10-29 12:44 ]</font>

PhruitBaskit
Oct 29, 2005, 03:03 PM
Well, my ideal char would have high ATP and high ATA. The downside of getting to pick your stats is that if you have two things high, it will make the rest of your stats lower (no DEF or MST). That's only if there's a max limit for how far you can go with adding stats...

FantasyJoy
Oct 29, 2005, 03:24 PM
Personally, I don't think it's free for yourself to add stats, because then you can for example make a Cast with high MST. And the descriptions of the races are different. Cast should excell in ATP. I think it will be the PSO way. Adding fixed stat points for each level and class.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 29, 2005, 03:42 PM
A very good point...I would rather have a PSO level up system. That way nothing will end up being really weak. Fixed stat points would be good, but then everyone's char will be the same, BORING! If you could choose how you distribute stats, there would be more differentiation (is that a word?). I don't care which way it is, they'd both be fine.

If it is a 'choose stats' type of level up, I hope you don't have a limit. So that by level 200 all your stats would be up 100% (super strong char at lvl 200). With your point though, it sounds like a PSO system... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

OdinTyler
Oct 29, 2005, 04:15 PM
Perhaps we can add further customizations to our weapons. Not just elements but added stats so equipping a certain weapon will raise a certain character stat. This would help in that say someone wants to focus on 2 main stats but needs at least 3. The char can be built w/the 2 main stats in mind & use a wep to compensate for the 3rd stat. This is if we get to choose. If not, & its the old PSO style that wouldnt be so bad. The adding char stats to a wep would still be something Id like to see. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Anything but Luck...PLEASE...

PhruitBaskit
Oct 30, 2005, 11:03 AM
Kind of like Bodies, Arms, Minds, etc int PSO. I think that should all go to slots in your armor. If I could equip stuff to weapons, it would be stuff to makt that weapon better. But that would work in the case of someone needing 3 stats when their focus is on only two...I guess it could work

Why don't you like Luck, Tyler? You know it'll be in PSU http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 11:34 AM
On 2005-10-30 08:03, PhruitBaskit wrote:
Why don't you like Luck, Tyler? You know it'll be in PSU http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

No, No, NOOOOOO! I cant stand Luck Materials. Its even on my profile. OK, I guess I have to explain. (sigh) I used quite a few of em in the hope that it would help me find better items. This was also before I knew there was a limit to the number of materials you could use. I figured each type had its own limit, not just the number total. Theres plenty of other mats I could use but cant now cause theyre greyed out. The exception being HP Mats (THANK GOD)! So, if theyre in the game, I refuse to use them. Theyll take away from other, more important stats.

FantasyJoy
Oct 30, 2005, 01:39 PM
Maybe we can even 'feed' the items like mags. And maybe they will evolve! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If anyone played Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2) then you know what I mean. They're you give your weapon crystals to improve it stats. When a certain stat is achieved. You can let the weapon evolve. The look of the weapon will change and the max stats of the weapon increases.

I sometimes choose weapons that just look good and ignore their stats. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 03:25 PM
Idk about weapons evolving. I know the PMs do. A weapon evolution would be crazy! So far we've seen model types for various weps. Doesnt mean they couldnt change appearance. Maybe thats how some rares will come about?

FantasyJoy
Oct 30, 2005, 03:58 PM
I hope that's one way to get rares.

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 04:00 PM
On 2005-10-30 12:58, FantasyJoy wrote:
I hope that's one way to get rares.

Yes, we'll be trading recipes for how to smith our own 'ultimate' weapons. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sacred_One
Oct 30, 2005, 04:13 PM
Humans, and Newmans. Perhaps Casts

PhruitBaskit
Oct 30, 2005, 05:25 PM
On 2005-10-30 10:39, FantasyJoy wrote:
Maybe we can even 'feed' the items like mags. And maybe they will evolve! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If anyone played Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2) then you know what I mean. They're you give your weapon crystals to improve it stats. When a certain stat is achieved. You can let the weapon evolve. The look of the weapon will change and the max stats of the weapon increases.

I sometimes choose weapons that just look good and ignore their stats. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weapon evolution, now that would be nucking futs! It would be cool to have a change in the appearance of your weapons every once in a while. Give your weapons crystals...I don't think that'll be in PSU, but it wouldn't be bad at all. If your weapons did evolve and change appearance, I would hope that it is caused by gaining experience. Kind of like turning the Sealed J Sword into the TJ Sword in PSO.

Edit: <nucking futs> is a trademarked phrase, copyrighted by Odin Tyler Exports Ltd. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2005-10-30 15:43 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 06:18 PM
I never had the Sealed sword, but, I heard rumors about it. Nucking futs huh? Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah! I ALWAYS SAY IT! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nucking futs is a trademarked phrase, copyrighted by Odin Tyler Exports Ltd.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Oct 30, 2005, 06:27 PM
Well sorry! I guess I'll have to edit my last message! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But yeah, the Sealed J Sword is pretty cool (mine's a TJ Sword now). That's kind of like a weapon evolution I'd like to see in PSU. So what does every one else think of weapon evolution in PSU?

Rion772
Oct 30, 2005, 06:44 PM
Weapon Evolution = GOD (and that's God, not good). I would really love weapon evolutions. Like maybe there will be 500 weapons and about 200 of them are evolution compatable.

ANIMEniac
Oct 30, 2005, 06:56 PM
if you have ever heard that "the weapon trains itw weilder" that would be cool if there was something like that. like use the weapon enough and ist not just the weapon that changes for the better. so if you have a fave weapon but it is not the strongest, excesive use of it will make you more adapt to it and it will actualy cause more damage in your hands than someone elses that has never used it.

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 09:29 PM
Good ideas. One can only wonder if they will come to fruition.

Rion772
Oct 31, 2005, 06:28 AM
On 2005-10-30 15:56, ANIMEniac wrote:
if you have ever heard that "the weapon trains itw weilder" that would be cool if there was something like that. like use the weapon enough and ist not just the weapon that changes for the better. so if you have a fave weapon but it is not the strongest, excesive use of it will make you more adapt to it and it will actualy cause more damage in your hands than someone elses that has never used it.

You mean like you're favorite weapons ATP is 500 but you're best weapons ATP is 600 right. Then you use you're favorite weapon over and over for awhile and it then becomes more useful than you're ex-best weapon???

FantasyJoy
Oct 31, 2005, 09:39 AM
It's a great idea. Let your character become better with one weapon. I doubt of it will come actually.

But maybe it will ruin the fun. You can then use a very common weapon and use it all the time from the beginning and make the weapon even more powerfull than rare weapons. If they make this feature, they should add a maximum limit of ATP that you can add.

OdinTyler
Oct 31, 2005, 12:28 PM
True, custom weps the player makes would have to have a limit, otherwise one would be too powerful. These weps would be good for those that arent as lucky in finding rares or to hold you off til you do find ones. Many rares tend to be more about appearance in how they look or cool effects they produce, whereas the more practical ones get you through a certain area. Good usage in both will determine how far you get as a character.

EspioKaos
Oct 31, 2005, 02:38 PM
Ever since all of the races for this game were revealed, I've been planning on creating a beast. Considering beasts are melee specialists, it'll be a big change from what I'm used to, as I would mostly focus on free-handed casting with my FOmar in PSO, very rarely using any type of weapon. On that note, however, I also intend on having my beast character as skilled in techniques as I possibly can. (Yeah, I know they have the second worst MST of all races, but I still would like to see what I can do with him.) So, to get myself ready for using mostly melee weapons, I've been playing PSO as my FOmar using only melee weapons like my caduceus and casting very few techs. It's a big change, but I'm starting to get used to it.

vox3om
Oct 31, 2005, 03:55 PM
I'm confused. You can be a beast? what does that mean?

EspioKaos
Oct 31, 2005, 04:11 PM
On 2005-10-31 12:55, vox3om wrote:
I'm confused. You can be a beast? what does that mean?
There's a new race in this game called beasts. They were genetically engineered by humans long ago to serve as a labor force in environments that were too harsh for humans to survive.

OdinTyler
Oct 31, 2005, 04:55 PM
That's probably the main reason why some casts have rebelled. Tired of doing man's work. Gotta love that element of sci-fi. Our creations turn on us. The question you gotta ask is not whats their problem...but whats ours? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I know, I know. Im getting philosophical again but its going to be a point that keeps coming up in story mode. To answer the question asked, yes, theres a new race called beast. They look like physically stronger newman (to a point) but they also have a special ability called Nanoblast. This lets them take on a more feral (tho still humanoid) form that gives them added strength (temporarily, of course). Talk about Altered Beasts! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rion772
Oct 31, 2005, 05:01 PM
On 2005-10-31 13:55, OdinTyler wrote:
That's probably the main reason why some casts have rebelled. Tired of doing man's work. Gotta love that element of sci-fi. Our creations turn on us. The question you gotta ask is not whats their problem...but whats ours? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I know, I know. Im getting philosophical again but its going to be a point that keeps coming up in story mode. To answer the question asked, yes, theres a new race called beast. They look like physically stronger newman (to a point) but they also have a special ability called Nanoblast. This lets them take on a more feral (tho still humanoid) form that gives them added strength (temporarily, of course). Talk about Altered Beasts! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

They can only use it once an hour too, which sucks...

EspioKaos
Oct 31, 2005, 05:14 PM
On 2005-10-31 14:01, Rion772 wrote:
I can't remember which thread I pointed this out in, but the whole "once an hour" thing was a mistranslation someone made. The word in question (the one that was mistranslated), "ichijiteki" actually means "temporary." It's understandable that it was mistranslated as the base "ichiji" means "one hour."

Rion772
Oct 31, 2005, 05:23 PM
On 2005-10-31 14:14, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2005-10-31 14:01, Rion772 wrote:
I can't remember which thread I pointed this out in, but the whole "once an hour" thing was a mistranslation someone made. The word in question (the one that was mistranslated), "ichijiteki" actually means "temporary." It's understandable that it was mistranslated as the base "ichiji" means "one hour."

So how often can we really do it then? I doubt we can do it non-stop all the time because that would be totally un-fair.

EspioKaos
Oct 31, 2005, 05:25 PM
On 2005-10-31 14:23, Rion772 wrote:
So how often can we really do it then? I doubt we can do it non-stop all the time because that would be totally un-fair.
True. It would be quite unfair. As far as I've been able to tell, however, nothing's been mentioned on the official site about how often the nanoblast or SUV-weapon nanotrance can be used in a certain time frame. I would assume, however, that it would have to charge up over time, perhaps somewhat similar to a MAG's photon blast.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 31, 2005, 05:51 PM
All right, we know casts have SUV and beasts have nanoblast. What do we know about special abilities for humans and newmans?

And I think it would be very safe to assume that the special abilities will have to charge up over time...

ANIMEniac
Oct 31, 2005, 09:50 PM
what about comboing? it would be hard to combine an suv w/ beast mode, unless u strapped the SUV to the Beasts back like a Zoid. also the nano blasts seam to play on the strengths of the chars. like SUV is deadly in Casts hands cause they are naturaly acurate, the Beasts form makes them that much more... Beastly. so it is possible that the Newman is a Photon blast like summon, and Humans, ummm, well we become more resourceful and get extra bonuses from support items and techs.

lol i completly b.s.'ed the human abiliy but sounds reasonable cause we found a foolish way to create 2 beings all stronger and smarter than us.

OdinTyler
Oct 31, 2005, 10:20 PM
If newmans will be known for their techs, dont expect humans to get bonuses for them. Otherwise, why be a newman spellcaster? If casts have added weaponry & some defense, beasts are raw power, & newmans are the 'masters of spells', my guess would be that humans...actually, Idk. Id say more agile but newmans are known for that. It hasnt been established that every race can potentially use every type of spell. Perhaps there are some that only humans can use? Being that they have naturally smaller limbs, they may have the dexterity needed to allow them certain abilities. Just a guess.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 1, 2005, 01:43 PM
That would suck if humans and newmans had techs that the beasts and casts couldn't use. I thought everone would be able to use everything in PSU...There's no classes!

I think that instead of special techs, humans and newmans should get special abilities like the casts and beasts...

Edit: Oops, I meant to say classes http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2005-11-01 15:04 ]</font>

Rion772
Nov 1, 2005, 04:01 PM
On 2005-11-01 10:43, PhruitBaskit wrote:
That would suck if humans and newmans had techs that the beasts and casts couldn't use. I thought everone would be able to use everything in PSU...There's no races!

I think that instead of special techs, humans and newmans should get special abilities like the casts and beasts...

Actually I think you're wrong, I thin theres no classes but there are races. If there wasn't races then we would all be the same exact race, just different classes. I think humans and newmans should get special techs because you can use those techs whenever you want basically but for a special ability you need to build it up...It's like comparing a chain gun/gatling gun to a cannon. Overall the cannon does more damage with 1 round but isn't rapid-fire compatible, but with a chain gun rapid-fire is it's specialty causing massive damage in a more focused or wide-spread area. But on the other hand a cannon can demolish things in 1 shot that a chain gun couldn't and would need a new clip...I don't know, what a lame-ass example...

OdinTyler
Nov 1, 2005, 05:08 PM
Theres nothing wrong with a certain race having an ability that others dont. Just as long as it pertains to their race (something that makes sense). Everyone wants each of the 4 races to have a special ability that no other has. These are selling points to play that race. However, doesnt mean each race SHOULD have such an ability. Sure, it would be nice as to establish balance. But, as Ive said before, humans arent supposed to be vastly more powerful than any other race. Kinda kills the point of balance, doesnt it? For all we know, their 'ability' is gradual: certain stats, etc. No way to know for sure yet.

Rion772
Nov 2, 2005, 06:19 AM
On 2005-11-01 14:08, OdinTyler wrote:
Theres nothing wrong with a certain race having an ability that others dont. Just as long as it pertains to their race (something that makes sense). Everyone wants each of the 4 races to have a special ability that no other has. These are selling points to play that race. However, doesnt mean each race SHOULD have such an ability. Sure, it would be nice as to establish balance. But, as Ive said before, humans arent supposed to be vastly more powerful than any other race. Kinda kills the point of balance, doesnt it? For all we know, their 'ability' is gradual: certain stats, etc. No way to know for sure yet.

Something that pretains to the human class as a special...how about for 2 minutes we can become taller, and BARBARIANS and own everything in sight. Just a thought...

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 09:37 AM
When youre thinking of barbarians, Rion, youre thinking in terms of other RPGs. True, the Motavian ones have always kicked butt. However, theyre NOT tall. Theyre about the size of an avg woman actually! LOL This is going on Gryz's height but theyre over 5ft & go to like 5'4" I think? However, in PSII, theyre clearly shorter. Like a few feet tall, if that. Idk, they seemed to have grown over the millennia. Odd...

Kupi
Nov 2, 2005, 10:19 AM
I think you guys are missing something here, and that something is the fact that Casts and Beasts aren't likely to be able to use Techs at all well. The higher-level techs are likely to consume a lot of TP/PP, which I'm betting the fighting races aren't going to be able to use without depleting their reserves in a heartbeat for very little return (due to low MST). Since Techniques comprise a huge subset of the available skills in PSO/PSU, that's a huge amount of stuff that these two races can't do well, and in an online RPG, not doing something well is tantamount to not doing it all. The result is that Techniques themselves can be considered the "special ability" of Newmen, and an available set of skills to Humans, while not being a feasible route for Casts and Beasts.

Therefore, Casts and Beasts get compensated with moves that they alone can use. It only seems as though Humans and Newmen don't get a special ability; in truth, the Newman proficiency with Techs is their racial ability, and the Human special ability is not sucking at anything. With a Human, all routes are open, and that's not something you get out of any of the other races.

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 10:28 AM
Um, I didnt miss that. Ive been saying that all along! Ppl expect all 4 to have an outstanding ability & thats just not realistic to expect so. I know theyre long, but, ppl...READ...MY...POSTS! LOL I explained ideas about this already...

Rion772
Nov 2, 2005, 05:59 PM
On 2005-11-02 07:19, Kupi wrote:
I think you guys are missing something here, and that something is the fact that Casts and Beasts aren't likely to be able to use Techs at all well. The higher-level techs are likely to consume a lot of TP/PP, which I'm betting the fighting races aren't going to be able to use without depleting their reserves in a heartbeat for very little return (due to low MST). Since Techniques comprise a huge subset of the available skills in PSO/PSU, that's a huge amount of stuff that these two races can't do well, and in an online RPG, not doing something well is tantamount to not doing it all. The result is that Techniques themselves can be considered the "special ability" of Newmen, and an available set of skills to Humans, while not being a feasible route for Casts and Beasts.

Therefore, Casts and Beasts get compensated with moves that they alone can use. It only seems as though Humans and Newmen don't get a special ability; in truth, the Newman proficiency with Techs is their racial ability, and the Human special ability is not sucking at anything. With a Human, all routes are open, and that's not something you get out of any of the other races.

I completely agree except for the fact that humans aren't the best at anything really, casts are power, numan are magic, but humans are between both so they don't really excel in anything compared to the other races. Although they can do a lot of things that cast and beasts probably can't do humans are just...humans, they aren't the best at all. Theres a best for each type of weapon that can be used (gun, blade, techs) except guns, to my knowledge no race excel in just guns. It would be good if humans could actually excel in something for once; Photon Arts (or whatever they're called). Maybe for just once humans can not have created something ultimately more powerful then themselves and made themselves be able to use something that they excel in. Maybe Humans can use more, and more powerful photon arts than the other races. Just an interesting thought, tell me what you think about this or something.

Kano-Okami
Nov 2, 2005, 06:45 PM
I'm going with Newman.
I'll probably re-create my old character,Lil' Eugene, again. Although newman are lacking in the attack department, I've always favored using magic, since it takes more strategy. I've also heard that in the new combo system you can mix alot of magic into the fray without missing a beat, so...seeing a 5 piece combo being finished off with a killer zonde strike?
It's too sweet to pass up.

Kupi
Nov 2, 2005, 06:51 PM
Hrm. Well, consider this totally hypothetical example:

Let's say that the three types of weapons are designed for entirely different purposes that don't overlap. Blades are good for attacking enemies that are on the ground and charge at you. Guns are good for sniping enemy weak points and flying enemies that blades can't reach. Techs attack a different defense system (resistances instead of DFP), so they're good against enemies with higher DFP.

Now, let's take a completely focused character type, like a Beast. Our Beast is great with blades, truly fantastic with them given the Nanoblast ability. And he mows down everything on the ground with ease. Then a flying enemy comes, and he's screwed. 90% of the time, this thing is out of his reach, and it costs him tons of play time just to beat this one little bug that drops stuff on him.

Let's change the situation. Now, we have a Newman. He's got the ATA to use some strong guns and loads of MST for Techs. But then he runs into this shelled monster with no visible weak-points and high resistances. This Newman's bladework sucks and his DFP is terrible, so he winds up spending half the battle healing himself and the other half taking dinkshots with a Dagger.

Now, Joe Human, put in both of those situations, can advance through those trouble spots with average speed. Sure, he doesn't completely blow the bug out of the sky. And yes, he doesn't tear up the shelled monster as fast as the Beast would. But he never hits an impasse; nothing slows him down so much that he's completely stymied. That, I think, is a worthy advantage. It's the strength of having no weaknesses. That fulfills your requirement of Humans making something that doesn't surpass them. Sure, the other races have comparative advantages over the Humans in some areas, but they pay for it with fatal flaws. Humans don't have a fatal flaw. They can meet anything and always have a chance of winning.

...speaking completely hypothetically, of course.

Rion772
Nov 2, 2005, 07:03 PM
On 2005-11-02 15:51, Kupi wrote:
Hrm. Well, consider this totally hypothetical example:

Let's say that the three types of weapons are designed for entirely different purposes that don't overlap. Blades are good for attacking enemies that are on the ground and charge at you. Guns are good for sniping enemy weak points and flying enemies that blades can't reach. Techs attack a different defense system (resistances instead of DFP), so they're good against enemies with higher DFP.

Now, let's take a completely focused character type, like a Beast. Our Beast is great with blades, truly fantastic with them given the Nanoblast ability. And he mows down everything on the ground with ease. Then a flying enemy comes, and he's screwed. 90% of the time, this thing is out of his reach, and it costs him tons of play time just to beat this one little bug that drops stuff on him.

Let's change the situation. Now, we have a Newman. He's got the ATA to use some strong guns and loads of MST for Techs. But then he runs into this shelled monster with no visible weak-points and high resistances. This Newman's bladework sucks and his DFP is terrible, so he winds up spending half the battle healing himself and the other half taking dinkshots with a Dagger.

Now, Joe Human, put in both of those situations, can advance through those trouble spots with average speed. Sure, he doesn't completely blow the bug out of the sky. And yes, he doesn't tear up the shelled monster as fast as the Beast would. But he never hits an impasse; nothing slows him down so much that he's completely stymied. That, I think, is a worthy advantage. It's the strength of having no weaknesses. That fulfills your requirement of Humans making something that doesn't surpass them. Sure, the other races have comparative advantages over the Humans in some areas, but they pay for it with fatal flaws. Humans don't have a fatal flaw. They can meet anything and always have a chance of winning.

...speaking completely hypothetically, of course.

This topic has come a long way since I made it...*sniff sniff*

WOW, you just made an amazing point I completely over-looked. Humans do have virtually no weakness, they can do anything and their somewhat tough. I myself have used a HUmar the most since I've started playing, and I've played for quite some time. I will be a human in PSU for sure, even before I was going to. Humans have it somewhat easy compared to numans and beasts...or something.

vox3om
Nov 3, 2005, 09:49 AM
Well one last quick question? Who is that scary looking black and red character on the PSU website? and are we going to be able to make an online character that may look like that?! because I personally think that would be amazing.

EspioKaos
Nov 3, 2005, 10:57 AM
On 2005-11-03 06:49, vox3om wrote:
Well one last quick question? Who is that scary looking black and red character on the PSU website? and are we going to be able to make an online character that may look like that?! because I personally think that would be amazing.
Renvolt Magashi, leader of the Endrum Collective. And, yes. Given the cast customization options, you'll be able to create a cast that looks just as, if not more, evil than he does. I'm not sure about the "cape" thingy he has, though, as it might just be an NPC exclusive accessory.

Rion772
Nov 4, 2005, 06:30 AM
You could probably make a character just like him with all of that crazy customization choices we will have. Just don't be surprised if his color costume is a custome NPC only thing (I doubt ST would do that to us), I think it would be wierd...probably 10% of the online population would make a magashi and it would be wierd with like 6 magashi's running around the lobby or whatever.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 4, 2005, 01:38 PM
I definately agree, Rion...Copies of Magashi would get kind of lame. No one wants to see a bunch of chars that look the same...

OdinTyler
Nov 4, 2005, 03:10 PM
If more ppl made creations of chars based on themselves or even just a fantasy from one's mind, it would be far better than just a clone. Endless clones are boring. Thats one thing I love about The Empire Strikes Back. As we all know, stormtroopers are clones. However, in that movie you see a type of stormtrooper not often shown: the Hoth troopers. Alternate costume & it stands out (my personal fave). Sure its a take on the original but its not such a blatant copy.
Originality is what makes a char cool & copying Magashi or a Street Fighter or DBZ char is rather pointless. Ppl are gonna do it anyway. Those ppl should ask themselves something tho: Why play online when the purpose is to create your own char? From what I noticed about Magashi, the thing that seems to float behind him is quite reminiscent of a mag. I know, mags dont exist anymore. Still tho...cant help but wonder. I think that 'floating pack' is something that a player wont have access to if they insist on cloning Magashi.

Rion772
Nov 4, 2005, 04:45 PM
I agree. An idea about that "floating pack" that I thought of is maybe he's an old droid, maybe he's been around since PSO GC and found some type of mag we couldn't get and he's the only one with a mag still...just an idea. Also originality is what makes online special, my character deffinetly won't look like anyone from anime or other games. Also if you make your character as a clone from another game that would kind of be really disrespectful towards ST...just my opinion.

OdinTyler
Nov 4, 2005, 05:42 PM
Actually, the floating pack does look like a mag you could get on the GC. Cant remember the name atm, but, it looks like a segmented backpack. Someone help me here on the name. As for lack of originality in char creation, it usually stems from a limit on customizations. PSU has already shown to have ALOT to work with so any clones of chars from other games (non-PS related) is just someone who isnt really even trying!

PhruitBaskit
Nov 4, 2005, 07:43 PM
Lack of originality is stupid...With all the cahr creation options in PSU I'm sure anyone can come up with a unique char that they like. And clones of characters that aren't of any relation to the game you're playing, that really annoyed me in other games so it would REALLY piss me off to see it in PSU. Come on put a little effort into your char, it'll be worth it...Stupid not-triers!

Rion772
Nov 4, 2005, 10:50 PM
The mag you're thinking about is Diwari. Also who thinks it'll be annoying to be running through the lobby and seeing other people with characters that you hate from other games and anime?

OdinTyler
Nov 4, 2005, 10:59 PM
Not triers? LOL OK thats a new word there. I agree Rion. But as you & I both know, we're gonna see alot of copycats everywhere. It was on GC, it was on DC. Ppl just get too lazy to make a real char. Yeah, its their cash (or their parents) so they CAN make what char they want. But, whats the point of making say, a Dragonball char if youre not gonna play a DB game? Silly, if you ask me. If you really gotta make a copycat char, make it into a bank char, not a real one.

ANIMEniac
Nov 5, 2005, 01:23 AM
i have to admit that i have 2 clone chars( out of 12). one is a RAcaseal that looks like R. Dorthy from Big O, and a HUcaseal that wound up looking like bloodrayne on accident(origional name was NAOKI 190 but 4 different rooms of ppl said i looked like BR) ANY WAY all that to say, atleast excersise creativity and make your own persona or character before cloning. but it is funny when some leaves there char cause they say they are hungry, then when they come back they have a clan of 6 look-a-likes(did it to my friend lol)

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 09:57 AM
You gotta then tape down a button, in turbo mode, w/you saying "DON'T COPY ME!" over & over again, so you get the point across. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PhruitBaskit
Nov 5, 2005, 01:06 PM
On 2005-11-04 19:50, Rion772 wrote:
Who thinks it'll be annoying to be running through the lobby and seeing other people with characters that you hate from other games and anime?

That would be me! I hate it. You're playing PSO online and then all of a sudden, it's Tails from Sonic...A char of no relevence to PSO (and you can argue that it is because ST made PSO, but don't) Yes, people have the right to make their chars the way that they want but make it something original...Like what Odin said about the Dargon Ball char, that's exactly what I mean! 'It's silly!'

Not-trier: a person who doesn't try...It's in the dictionary (not really) LOL

Rion772
Nov 5, 2005, 05:23 PM
But seriously if people want to use clones of other people they should stop pissing people off by making them, then ask ST to make like Dragon Ball Z online or something instead of people just copying stuff from other games...

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 06:50 PM
All good points. It may not get through to some ppl's thick skulls, but, I think the general public (here anyway) isnt exactly happy to say unoriginal chars.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 5, 2005, 07:57 PM
Another good point! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And yeah, the general public (again, here) might not be happy with unoriginal cahrs...exactly...maybe...

Anyways, back to the topic, whatever it is! JK

Rion772
Nov 5, 2005, 09:56 PM
I wonder if we'll see any Alucard look characters (he's from the show Hellsing in you don't know, he's my signature).

Also I wonder if people can make any clones from beasts besides that one we saw in the other topic.

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 11:01 PM
Now dont give ppl ideas. We know theres gonna be clones. No need to encourage. So, enough about that. Does anyone have an idea how theyre going to make their chars? Any ideas?

ANIMEniac
Nov 5, 2005, 11:37 PM
with my char that im not continuing from PSO, im gunna look at all of the options, mark the numbers of the options i like best, then mix match time. with the remakes, im gunna make then like i made them on PSO, then look at the different hairstyles, clothes, etc.

Rion772
Nov 6, 2005, 09:05 AM
Like I said before I'm going to model my PSU character from my PSO character, tall, black eyes, white samurai looking hair, white suit.

Also along with what race you're going to be, put what weapon specialty you're going to use.

OdinTyler
Nov 6, 2005, 09:15 AM
Masako, former FOmarl, now HUmarl/FOmarl combo. Always was, always will be a samurai. The hairstyle of one & will use whatever wep she can at her disposal in order to survive, with a preference for swords (of course). She'll be good for support as always, or able to take the lead. Basically, balanced.

Dagor, Beast. Im going to attempt an axe/handgun combo or a 2h axe style. Pure kick ass dmg. Throwing himself into the lead, he'll need good backup like a ranger style char or other support.

Rion772
Nov 6, 2005, 09:46 AM
I'll be switching back and forth between strong rifles to snipe and powerful blades. Sniping seems like it'll be fun on this, hopefully it'll take after the Socom style of sniping.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 6, 2005, 12:31 PM
Dagor, Beast. Im going to attempt an axe/handgun combo or a 2h axe style. Pure kick ass dmg. Throwing himself into the lead, he'll need good backup like a ranger style char or other support.

So you'll be needing a ranger style char for backup...I guess that's what I'll be...That good backup http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Me, I'll be using hella powerful handguns, rifles, shots, whatever I can get my hands on and switch to blades occasionally. You know, for those times when the enemy is close enough to STAB. I love using both, but I'm more of an RA. And a Socom style system that would be really sweet because it'd be something I'm used to.

Rion, have you played Socom 3 yet? Oh my god that game kicks ass!

OdinTyler
Nov 6, 2005, 04:28 PM
Ya, I could use ranger support on either of my chars. If anyone would like to post how theyre going to atk or somewhat raise their char, let us know so we can start forming groups of diversity. That way all parts of a group are covered. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rion772
Nov 6, 2005, 05:17 PM
Nah I havn't played Socom 3, I've been playing 2 online. I wonder if it's possible to use a blade and a shot, rifle, or bazooka (any 2 handed weapon is what I'm getting at) at the same time???

If we could do that, my character would be untouchable.

F-o-x
Nov 7, 2005, 08:53 AM
I'm new around here but I'd like to be a Human melee fighter. Although I'd like to be able to use guns well and cast decent techniques so I believe human is the perfect race for me. The way I raise my stats will probably follow this format: ATP>ATA>DFP>EVP or something along those lines. I might make another character but I need to see exactly what they're going to be like and experience the stat system a bit with my first charactr before I make my choice.

OdinTyler
Nov 7, 2005, 09:28 AM
Fox, if youre going to be melee & can adjust your stats, ATA will matter more than ATP. If your hits arent accurate, it doesnt matter how powerful they are. You said you wanted melee & guns & ESPECIALLY for guns, does ATA matter. Also, if you have decent evasion, that can work well with having so-so DEF.

F-o-x
Nov 7, 2005, 12:07 PM
I was hoping to focus more on DFP, thats assuming I won't be all that great if I distribute my points evenly between DFP and EVP.

And I was hoping to find that point in my ATA stat that would allow me to hit 90% of the time so I could focus more on ATP afterwards. Eh thats not very clear even I don't really understand that... What I'm trying to say is I'm going to more or less lean towards ATA first and then when I find that my hits connect majority of the time I'd then focus solely on ATP.

OdinTyler
Nov 7, 2005, 03:06 PM
The first part of your strategy I agree with. However, having just ATP & ignoring your def is unfortunately a common thing melee types do in many games. Then, they cant take a hit & die quick. In a group, maybe, youll be ok. However, when alone, all the ATP in the world wont save you if you cant take a hit. Balance will get you much further, trust me on this.

F-o-x
Nov 7, 2005, 04:17 PM
Oh no no you misunderstand me, (actually its my fault "solely" was the wrong word to use there) I mean I'll start focusing on ATP rather than ATP and ATA together. I'm not going to neglect my other stats. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2005-11-07 13:23 ]</font>

vox3om
Nov 7, 2005, 05:26 PM
Well I'm having a really hard time deciding which character I will create (although I'll probably end up with them all).

I'm really thinking of being a Newman, I've always loved the FO in PSO. I'm not too sure that I want to be cast or beast. But beast seems like it would be interesting since it's the new race...

So whats going to make a beast better than a human?

Rion772
Nov 7, 2005, 06:04 PM
On 2005-11-07 14:26, vox3om wrote:
Well I'm having a really hard time deciding which character I will create (although I'll probably end up with them all).

I'm really thinking of being a Newman, I've always loved the FO in PSO. I'm not too sure that I want to be cast or beast. But beast seems like it would be interesting since it's the new race...

So whats going to make a beast better than a human?

Well that question doesn't have a REAL answer mainly because each race focuses on something different than the others. Newmans are good with techs, Beast's with power, Casts with accuracy and defense and humans are balanced out. In solo mode, the human would have it easiest because they can do everything so you won't be getting killed by a giant musquito. Beasts can nanoblast, during the time they are in their actual beast form they are bigger, and all of their stats increase. But that's only for a short amount of time supposedly. The question is what do you want more? human or beast?

F-o-x
Nov 7, 2005, 09:14 PM
I'd go for balance, but thats just me. Humans can adapt to any situation. Sure we won't be the best at anything but but we will be able to do everything pretty well.

OdinTyler
Nov 7, 2005, 10:25 PM
Actually, we cant say a beast's stats increase during nanoblasting. Its presumed & most likely, but, not yet confirmed. For all we know, its a stronger form & you get a special power atk you can use only in that mode. It wouldnt be as effective if you didnt get a stat boost, so, lets just hope that happens.
As for choosing what you want as a char, you may want to consider new possibilities. Mixing a race with a previously unattainable 'class' that now you can do. Im curious to see what kinds of combos ppl will come up with like a Newman ranger. I will laugh hysterically if theres a droid force. Seriously, I will fall over laughing. It would go something like this:

FOcaseal (for example): Im casting Barta.
(casts one spell, runs out of MST)
FOcaseal: WTF? Out of magic ALREADY???

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 06:05 AM
Actually it's kind of obvious strength is increased though, bigger muscles, bigger size, really angry lookin'...I dunno. Good choice fox, I like humans the most as well...well balanced out...yes very nice.

Sinue_v2
Nov 8, 2005, 06:39 AM
I'll probably end up with a version of each race.. dunno what roles they'll be playing though. I may end up remaking Sinue.. but I'm not sure. The only character I'm making, for definate, is Neika - my FFXI character. However, she was based on Nei and Rika (in general, the Numan archetype) to begin with.

She'll be a female numan, competant with light dual-weild weapons like claws and daggers and will also be slightly above average (for a fighter) with her techs. In general, she's more of a support character adding in supplimentary damage while being vercitile enough to be competant with some techniques. In a way, she'll be a replacement for my Melee FOnewearl, Mana - though a bit more combat oriented, and less tech oriented.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/Neika.jpg
Neika

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 01:44 PM
Ahhh I see, interesting look character. I'm stick with human just because of balance, my character will hopefully look like me PSO main char.

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 02:35 PM
Most likely, my very first character will be a Human named Ash ( I dunno why I always use my name as my character names, lol! ).. but I'll probably use a different one later.

F-o-x
Nov 8, 2005, 02:45 PM
My character will be another version of my original PSO character (from when I started PSOv1). I kinda base the character on myself but there are distinct differences. I don't know... I think I adopted my own "online persona" back when I created myself on the first PSO. Now I use that same model all the time when playing games like this (for my first character anyway). Even when I was playing FFXI I based my character's looks on my PSO character (Who was a HUmar in case you hadn't guessed http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 03:00 PM
On 2005-11-08 11:45, F-o-x wrote:
My character will be another version of my original PSO character (from when I started PSOv1). I kinda base the character on myself but there are distinct differences. I don't know... I think I adopted my own "online persona" back when I created myself on the first PSO. Now I use that same model all the time when playing games like this (for my first character anyway). Even when I was playing FFXI I based my character's looks on my PSO character (Who was a HUmar in case you hadn't guessed http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Awesome, I did that too! Except, when I first started PSO, my very first character was a FOmar, who became my signature online persona.. which I dumped, lol. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif" But I made the new character, of which I based things off of from then on out. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 03:04 PM
On 2005-11-08 11:45, F-o-x wrote:

I try to make my character look a little bit like myself too. The hair I use in unrealistic but the eyes and face kind of are, also I go for my own proportion too.

OdinTyler
Nov 9, 2005, 01:52 PM
Why make a char that looks like you? Takes away from roleplaying as a fantasy char other than you, dont you think? Or do you see yourself as this is what if you were in the future? Me personally Id rather make a char not being me, but, maybe in how I play him or the weps Id use would be something Id do given the situation?

Lovejuice
Nov 9, 2005, 02:57 PM
Not necessarily, people making themselves into characters is a tradition that has gone on for years and years. Remember when you were little and watched kid's TV shows when you were young and impressionable? The whole thing of, you'd see the superhero save the day, so you'd want a (or get a makeshift) cape and *be* the hero yourself. You'd go from Joe Bloggs 6 year old to Joe Bloggs - Super Hero of the skies!, or somesuch.

Doing the whole RP thing is equally fun for others, changing identity entirely and everything, apples and oranges, really. Whatever floats your boat and gets you more immersed in the game is always a winner. No matter what happens, a bit of 'you' (good or bad) always tends to get infused into the final product somehow. Go-Go gadget escapism!

OdinTyler
Nov 9, 2005, 03:01 PM
True, true. But, I was a pre-teen before I started RPGs. I got used to being another person but feeling how the chars would. Yes, I believe a part of you goes into your chars in some shape or another. Idk about Joe Bloggs (whoever that is), but, I dont run around with a cape, no matter who told you that! LOL Anyway, I gotta say I loved the 'Go-Go gadget escapism!' I started lmao when I read that! That was funny! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'll say that & that I try to be a CLASSY person no matter what CLASS i choose. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I dont want to be accused of being off topic either. That would be bad.

Kano-Okami
Nov 9, 2005, 03:21 PM
Has it been confirmed how many characters a person can have at one time?
It would be a limiting and step down from PSO EpI&II's 4 character per mem card if it were changed to 1 character per user, and I don't want to have to choose between which race i want to be the most and stick with it.
I'd never get a chance to experience gameplay as another Race unless I erased my current character, and that concept is near blasphemy...

OdinTyler
Nov 9, 2005, 04:04 PM
No confirmation on how many chars. However, chars will now be saved server side. Only your acct info will be whats primarily saved on your card. Expect at least 4, tho we could see more. Maybe even 8. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Its a safe bet to say at least 4.

GaijinPUnch
Nov 9, 2005, 07:52 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion it will be 4 per HL... the question is if you can have multiple HL's on one client. Probably not.

Kano-Okami
Nov 9, 2005, 09:08 PM
hmm...I wonder if the beast class will have a standard alter-ego when they transform.. Because, I know that you can change the height of your character but does that mean when your dwarf beast transforms, you'll have a mini werebeast running around or will be transform into a huge hulking bruiser?
Because if that were the case, that would definitely sway my choice of using the beast as a race.

Viva la Midgetz!

OdinTyler
Nov 9, 2005, 10:45 PM
You bring up a point Ive been concerned with. I was wondering if you changed into one static size & coloring. Does the initial coloring & size you choose bear effect on your feral form? I hope it stays with what you chose. At least have the same coloring as original mode. I could compromise with that. And yes, midgets do rock. I love dwarves! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rion772
Nov 9, 2005, 10:46 PM
I don't care much for beasts...

Sorry I don't have much time to post, tomorrows my last day of school for the week so I'll start posting when I get home for awhile.

OdinTyler
Nov 9, 2005, 10:51 PM
OK, just remember to throw me a Happy Bday msg. I wont be here, but, Ill accept all Happy Bdays from my friends here. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Ill play with any race/class, just so long as no one hates on them. Especially beasts...or else Ill Nanoblast on ya! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EspioKaos
Nov 11, 2005, 01:48 AM
On 2005-11-09 18:08, Kano-Okami wrote:
hmm...I wonder if the beast class will have a standard alter-ego when they transform.. Because, I know that you can change the height of your character but does that mean when your dwarf beast transforms, you'll have a mini werebeast running around or will be transform into a huge hulking bruiser?
Because if that were the case, that would definitely sway my choice of using the beast as a race.

Viva la Midgetz!
I've been wondering about that, too. I would assume that the feral nanoblast form a beast takes on will be proportional to their unaltered state. Take Leogini's transformation, for example. Aside from being much more ripped, his body remains about the same size as far as height goes. As for customization outside of that, I guess we'd be given control over things like hair color, hair style, skin color, and tattoos. Heh, hopefully SonicTeam will elaborate more on beast creation soon.

Rion772
Nov 14, 2005, 08:36 PM
On 2005-11-10 22:48, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2005-11-09 18:08, Kano-Okami wrote:

Viva la Midgetz!
I've been wondering about that, too. I would assume that the feral nanoblast form a beast takes on will be proportional to their unaltered state. Take Leogini's transformation, for example. Aside from being much more ripped, his body remains about the same size as far as height goes. As for customization outside of that, I guess we'd be given control over things like hair color, hair style, skin color, and tattoos. Heh, hopefully SonicTeam will elaborate more on beast creation soon.

I agree, I was worrying about that too. I really want to be able to customize the nano-blast form of my Beast character.

Sinue_v2
Nov 14, 2005, 09:01 PM
Well, even if there aren't many customization options - we should be able to see a few different forms on PSU. So far we've only seen models for Leo's beast-form, however there is artwork for the female beast's nano-blast form in the first E3 trailer released almost two years ago...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/shinobu_seta/cat_woman.jpg

Hopefully if we can modify out Beast's Nano-Blast apperance - we can also pick and choose which SUV weapons our Casts will be able to bring into battle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2005-11-14 18:02 ]</font>

Rion772
Nov 15, 2005, 06:20 AM
Good point. At some point in the game I'll deffinetly have a beast and cast. I feel sorry for the girl beasts haha, they don't get much bigger.

OdinTyler
Nov 15, 2005, 11:53 AM
I see Rion, youve amended your ways & you wish to seek out the honorable beast warriors. Good. I didnt want to necessarily have to rough you up. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rion772
Nov 15, 2005, 03:59 PM
On 2005-11-15 08:53, OdinTyler wrote:
I see Rion, youve amended your ways & you wish to seek out the honorable beast warriors. Good. I didnt want to necessarily have to rough you up. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'll digitally shoot you in your second head when we start playing (just kidding, maybe not). Beasts are OK, it's just they only really focus on power so that's kind of lame.

Sinue_v2
Nov 15, 2005, 04:31 PM
They're not focused just towards power... it's just that their racial bonus gives them a predisposition to it. You can make a Beast into anything you want, depending on how you raise them and distribute your stats. It's like in FFXI, the Galka are have a talent for strength.. but that doesn't stop them from being competant mages. Neither does being the weakest race stop people from playing Taru-Taru Samurais and Warriors.

Sure other races might be better suited for the job you want to use... but you don't have to be the absolute best... just competant.

F-o-x
Nov 15, 2005, 04:31 PM
I don't think I could give up my Human's balance either, but I kinda had an idea for a beast character from Shining Force... Eh We'll see what the lv cap is before I start talking about multiple characters. xD

OdinTyler
Nov 15, 2005, 04:39 PM
1. Rion, thats gonna be hard to do, considering my main will be female. I'll be using her alot. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif As for using my male beast...youd have to catch him first. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I can deflect your shots rather easy with a good size axe. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

2. Sinue, I agree with you about beasts not being just about power, tho it seems its their dominant trait. My beast will be a competent warrior. This means he cant just have good strength. He'll need a pretty good defense as well. Whats the point of rushing in if you can get owned quickly?

Shade-
Nov 15, 2005, 05:13 PM
For every MM/ORPG I've played, I concluded that playing a human was loser-ish and lame and uncreative. But now... >.> You see, I've got a look/playstyle for a ranger type cast that I want to play, but I do want to do more than just shoot stuff in the head, so I was thinking about other characters. And well, the thing is, thinking of an all around good character, I dorta landed on the obvious choice of Human, and now I've got a look I want for him as well as sort of background and weapons and stuff, so I'm a hypocritical idiot now. So go, I ask of all of you to call me a hypocrite now, DO IT! I COMMAND IT... *ahem* sorry. Anyway, At this point I think I've settled on Human as my main character, and a ranger/cast for the alt that I'll be using with my friends party.

OdinTyler
Nov 15, 2005, 06:34 PM
OK youve established youre going to be a human. However, you havent said how you intend to model him/her. What wep/play style will you favor for said char?

Shade-
Nov 15, 2005, 07:04 PM
Oh, right, I can do that now.

Name, well, I'm not going to say yet, just because I have the unfounded fear of someone taking it, even though it's not a very good name anyway http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Its hard to go into appearance when there is little actually known about our options, but I'm looking at something between the FOmar and the long jacket shown in one of the vids. Color would probably be silver and indigo (it's not purple, damnit). And hopefully glasses, if they let us have accessories like that. (I thought the red haird beast in one if the demos had yellow tinted glasses on).

And like half of everybody on here, I'd like to build him as a general all around character. Can smack stuff and not instantly get the crap kicked out of me. If I want to keep my crap that day, just shoot them in the face, or even cast some spells.

For the weapons, I've always been fond of polearms, so a partisan is a must. And you need a trusty saber. The new bow is the most fitting ranged weapon for me, and I guess I'll need a Rod to cast magic.

getting a little off topic on this part. Do we have more information on how the magic system will work? Because last time I checked, all we knew was we had to have a magic set weapon equiped in order to cast spells. But now I'm hearing 2 other things. Each magic weapon has one spell linked to it, meaning that is the only spell you can cast?? As in a full force character would need dozens of canes to do thier job? This can't be right, can it? And the other thing is linking techs to weapons? Is this an actuall spell you can then cast, or is it the frost, shock, fire special attributes we saw on some items in PSO?

And second, I dont remember exactly which vid it is, but I'm pretty sure I saw a player use a saber and make a sweeping strike, knocking back several enemies. It aslo looked like a player with a spear was making decidedly straight attacks. Does this mean the line between single and multi hit weapons has been blured? Any clarification/speculation on either if these is welcome.

OdinTyler
Nov 15, 2005, 07:29 PM
If you saw a bunch of enemies getting knocked back by 1 blow, that was probably a photon art. Also, weps can hold more than one spell. The staff in the demo held 2: Gifoie & Resta. Idk if 2 is the limit, but, its what I had available. We still dont know for sure if its the only way to use magic. However, if it is, you can have a set up with say, 2 rods, so when you switch to em, youll have 4 spells to use automatically. Then, you can switch back to melee/whatever weps you want.

Rion772
Nov 15, 2005, 08:36 PM
On 2005-11-15 16:29, OdinTyler wrote:
If you saw a bunch of enemies getting knocked back by 1 blow, that was probably a photon art. Also, weps can hold more than one spell. The staff in the demo held 2: Gifoie & Resta. Idk if 2 is the limit, but, its what I had available. We still dont know for sure if its the only way to use magic. However, if it is, you can have a set up with say, 2 rods, so when you switch to em, youll have 4 spells to use automatically. Then, you can switch back to melee/whatever weps you want.

Oh yeah I forget you played the demo at a conventiony thing didn't you? I hope that a demo disc will come out in Playstation magazine...

Also I decided to change my characters name. If any of you played Diablo II: Lord('s?) of Destruction or just Diablo II and got to the end you met up with an arch-angel: "Tyreal", yeah that's what I'm going to use. If anyone steals it from me I'm going to kick you in the friggin' taco (that wasn't flaming, it wasn't directed towards anyone specific, please forgive me mods, if that was inapropriate and uncalled for and feel I should apologize).

Who's going to make a cast or beast technique character?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2005-11-16 03:27 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Nov 16, 2005, 11:02 AM
Yep, I played at the con in Oct. My 1st that Ive gone to. So, I was major psyched. I was also very forgiving of it as you can tell its a beta version. When the game's actually out, its probably gonna blow my f'n mind! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif You already know Im making a beast. Gonna kick someone in the taco??? Um, taco? Guys dont have tacos, dude. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Well, most dont anyway. LOL

F-o-x
Nov 16, 2005, 03:40 PM
And second, I dont remember exactly which vid it is, but I'm pretty sure I saw a player use a saber and make a sweeping strike, knocking back several enemies. It aslo looked like a player with a spear was making decidedly straight attacks. Does this mean the line between single and multi hit weapons has been blured? Any clarification/speculation on either if these is welcome.

I saw that in a video... I was wondering the same thing. I saw Ethan hitting several enemies with his saber with one slash, and it was a regular strike. If a saber could be used for crowd control, I think a saber/handgun setup will be my favorite dual wield combo http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I'm playing BB now and if I could dual wield my Varista and my Kaladbolg... Dammit PSU needs to come out already.

OdinTyler
Nov 16, 2005, 04:59 PM
Trust me, no regular saber slash will take out enemies (plural) in one shot. It had to be a higher atk. I played the demo. No way in hell it was a regular slash you saw...

Rion772
Nov 16, 2005, 05:12 PM
Well by by taco I'm talking about your second head, if you want it to make more sense you could call it a burrito but that sounds dumb. Ahem, back on topic.

Who thinks they're going to switch between using big swords and big guns???

I know I am, my character will focus on blades more though.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 22, 2005, 08:43 PM
Again, that would be me! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'll be switching back-and-forth between guns (not necessarily big) and blades (not necessarily big). But unlike you, Rion, I'll have more of my focus on guns. But there'll be plenty of blades use. Like I've said, they're both a ton of fun to play with...

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 09:43 AM
On 2005-11-22 17:43, PhruitBaskit wrote:
Again, that would be me! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'll be switching back-and-forth between guns (not necessarily big) and blades (not necessarily big). But unlike you, Rion, I'll have more of my focus on guns. But there'll be plenty of blades use. Like I've said, they're both a ton of fun to play with...

THAT THEY ARE. When I use a gun, it'll deffinetly be a rifle, so I can snipe enemies in the face or something. It'll be like Socom mixed with PSO. How fun.

Anyone else switching back and forth between weapons?

F-o-x
Nov 25, 2005, 03:37 AM
Of course! Man I normally carried around 4 or 5 weapons all the time in previous PSO games. I basically had three types of weapons on me at all times:

Some form of crowd control weapon (Usually sword or partisan), a ranged weapon (Which was usually a handgun but hopefully I can bring a bow or a rifle in PSU) and a pure damage weapon for dealing massive amounts of damage to a single target (Usually Saber, twin saber, mechguns or daggers). I'll definatly be lugging around several weapons in PSU.

Zarbolord
Nov 25, 2005, 03:40 AM
Newman is gonna be my first, I love magic and I'll freeze, paralyse, drown, flame, and kill instantly anything that comes in me way! Yipeeee!

Zidan
Nov 25, 2005, 07:49 AM
BEAST BEAST BEASTIALIT........never mind

I want to try that transformation thingy and as far as the look of your character in beast mode my geuss is that your chracters outfit colors will be its colors IE: photon trim=body runes or main color=hair (weird but hey Leo's hair in beast form is red so is his outfit)

BTW does ne one knoe how transformation will work?

DamonKatu
Nov 25, 2005, 11:38 AM
hay, did they get this idea from DBZ or is it me? Instead of a specal move they can fire, they can transform into a monsterous form that gives heavy damage. But I heard that it only last temporarrally untill they run out of energy. This is only rumors though so dont jump the gun. I would be a Human for awhile but then I would be a beast just for the heck of it. Guest what Ill name my beast charter. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

*wears a deval mask to scare guest viewers* BLAAAAAAAAW!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DamonKatu on 2005-11-25 08:55 ]</font>

Rion772
Dec 3, 2005, 11:28 PM
On 2005-11-25 08:38, DamonKatu wrote:
hay, did they get this idea from DBZ or is it me? Instead of a specal move they can fire, they can transform into a monsterous form that gives heavy damage. But I heard that it only last temporarrally untill they run out of energy. This is only rumors though so dont jump the gun. I would be a Human for awhile but then I would be a beast just for the heck of it. Guest what Ill name my beast charter. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I doubt ST would steal from DBZ. Although it's kind of a similiar concept, changing form to get stronger for battle but it's used a little differently in PSU...or something...

Mystil
Dec 3, 2005, 11:34 PM
FOnewea--err.. newman! ^_^

Blitzkommando
Dec 3, 2005, 11:50 PM
Where's the, "All of the above" option?

Well, I suppose, I will either start as a Human (female, specialization in ranged weaponry) or a Newman (female, specialization - none, Jack of all trades).

Curiosity
Dec 4, 2005, 03:22 AM
Pfft, I got through part of Page 6 and said "heck w/it, I'm not reading any more... at least now now..." -__-;

Anyway, I'm going Newman, as close to a FOnewearl as I can get. Call it "tradition" if you will. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I was a FOnewearl first waaay back on v1, have been ever since, and likely will be in all future versions.

I think for me, in a lot of games I choose non-human races/characters simply because I'm human. Know what I mean?

F-o-x
Dec 4, 2005, 04:57 AM
A lot of people seem to feel that way. I usually go for humans in online games like this, not so much because they're human, but because they are the most balanced choice. I like having a little of everything at my disposal.

Alisha
Dec 4, 2005, 08:43 AM
im at a loss for what i will pick. in pso i always picked the strongest female classes(hucaseal,racaseal,ramarl,fomarl) but now part of the eqution is gone so maybee ill be one of the rare female beastmen ^.^

Curiosity
Dec 4, 2005, 12:53 PM
As far as the "balance" thing goes, in a lot of past games, I've actually chosen female char because of that. The female's usually had more of a balance between power, speed, def, etc. Although in games where there's no real difference between the genders, I've probably gone female more out of habit.

Granted, PSO was different. I went FOnewearl for completely different reasons. Description said it was for "advanced" players, I just wanted that extra challenge. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Mystil
Dec 4, 2005, 01:57 PM
Yes we cannot disappear just yet. All of you should say screw human/cast and begin going the way of newman. The cute pointy eared people! (On a serious note, I hope the support system isn't..flying in the wind so to speak. Or it just wont feel the same.)

F-o-x
Dec 4, 2005, 07:19 PM
Me either. The only thing I liked nearly as much as being a hunter in past games was playing a force who could melee/support.

OdinTyler
Dec 4, 2005, 09:36 PM
Like the ever versatile FOmarl. Any wonder they have such potential? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ANIMEniac
Dec 5, 2005, 12:03 AM
im tevy much making atleast 1 of eact class. 2 males and 2 females. if it is 12 like PSOX or atleast 8 i with have a male and female of each. but ok here is one thing i wonder. there has been alot of talk about the beast transform but what about the casts. i will be unhappy if they all get beamed the same weapon. my cast is gunna go freekin heavy arms custom on anything in the area. and i want the nanoblasts to actualy be effective during battle mode. it will be great if u can back hand ur opponent in beast form like the video.

Jozon
Dec 6, 2005, 10:07 AM
I'm gonna go human male, and then go beast male, hopefully nanoblasts are gonna be cool and be able to destroy some people with some punches. Humans better get a cool specialist though.

agenevil
Dec 8, 2005, 05:43 PM
Cast all the way.

Niki
Dec 9, 2005, 02:18 AM
Hm, well i'd like to try everything, but given that there may be space/memory limitations...

...i'll go with Beast as my first choice.

Rion772
Dec 9, 2005, 08:47 AM
Like I said, I'll be a human male at first, that's because it's what I am. Hopefully we humans get that nano-trance thing or whatever was talked about in that new-old scan.

Kano-Okami
Dec 9, 2005, 09:23 AM
On 2005-12-09 05:47, Rion772 wrote:
Like I said, I'll be a human male at first, that's because it's what I am. Hopefully we humans get that nano-trance thing or whatever was talked about in that new-old scan.

I believe everyone will get nanotrance(form of item storing). As for classes, I'm going to be Newman, I'm just hoping they'll have some form of magic regeneration, like in the later PSO games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2005-12-09 06:24 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Dec 9, 2005, 03:08 PM
There was a mention of a shoulder bag or something that all chars will get. Not sure tho. As for picking a race...guys...stop limiting yourself to class based on your race. Just cause youre a Newman, doesnt mean you have to JUST be a caster. I mean if you want to, sure, theyre good at it. Lets hear about some unusual combos, like a Newman ranger. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kano-Okami
Dec 9, 2005, 04:15 PM
On 2005-12-09 12:08, OdinTyler wrote:
There was a mention of a shoulder bag or something that all chars will get. Not sure tho. As for picking a race...guys...stop limiting yourself to class based on your race. Just cause youre a Newman, doesnt mean you have to JUST be a caster. I mean if you want to, sure, theyre good at it. Lets hear about some unusual combos, like a Newman ranger. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It was Nash that mentioned the nanotrancer being able to change clothes at the push of a button on the back of the neck. As for choosing a race, I understand how you dislike the idea of race limitation, but most of us are choosing the race best at what we want to be proficient at. I always loved casting with newman on PSO, and nothing can change that (well almost nothing) but I'm also looking forward to the new possiblities. I'd love to try out interesting combinations with new combat system, aswell. I plan to experience the game from all aspects of each race if character storage allows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2005-12-09 20:42 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Dec 9, 2005, 06:34 PM
Idk, Im just like alot of ppl, not wanting to see alot of clones nor be one. On EQOA, I used to see some very interesting race, class, etc combos. My Newman Ranger idea would be pretty weird & odd, but, I bet someone who came up with such a char would have pretty decent support magic. Kinda like a Newman RAmarl. People should feel what they feel comfortable with. I fully agree with that. I just hope ppl dare to be...well...daring & see what kind of crazy combos they can come up with. I definitely intend to be 1 of the 1st Beast warrior types & uniquely modeling him as a Native Motavian. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Niki
Dec 9, 2005, 11:40 PM
Personally, i find the aforementioned HUmarl concept frighteningly sexy.

Sinue_v2
Dec 10, 2005, 02:26 AM
I always loved casting with newman on PSO, and nothing can change that

I was just the opposite.. I hated pure casting on PSO. I would try and try to make some really kick-ass tech users... but I just never could get into the role. So I decided to be really unique and make a Melee FOnewearl, and it worked out pretty well. Not sure if I was the first one ever.. but I definately tried to pioneer the cause by bragging about how good Mana was at every oppertunity - and the backing it up.

In most RPGs where I'm given the choice, I tend to stick to the more supportive and stealthier characters. My favorite being the Theif/Mage.. and Melee FOnewearls offered both the challenge and support oppertunities I desired.

I definitely intend to be 1 of the 1st Beast warrior types & uniquely modeling him as a Native Motavian.

Not too unique... heh, I've been telling the people on GameFaqs for MONTHS now that if I do play a beast-character, it will largely depend on how Motavian I can make their beast-form look. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

F-o-x
Dec 10, 2005, 03:16 AM
In RPGs I usually go for balance above all else. The fact that I can do everything relatively well outweighs the fact that I won't be the best at anything for me (That and I like soloing or being antisocial sometimes). Playing a support role(In PSOs case, one who can melee) comes in a close second.

I already know I'm going human melee for my main character, but as far as my later characters (I might make a tech-inclined cheacter and a character who is proficient in firearms), rest assured I will be doing meleeing of some kind. I guess I'm just a hunter at heart because with any given character I'm in a monster's face (Not all the time with characters who are less melee proficient but at some point I just get the urge).

I had a melee FOnewearl back on DC. Well I wouldn't call her a "melee Fonewearl" more like "a Fonewearl who melee'd". Back then tech damage wasn't that great and I did much more damage with Shifta/Zalure and a Plantain fan... or an S-Rank double saber(My memory is bad... FOnewearls could use these back on DC right?) or whatever I would be using when I felt the urge to hit something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2005-12-10 00:22 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Dec 10, 2005, 11:17 AM
Sinue, do we really need to debate this? I decided long ago to make mine a Native Motavian. Then, I read up on how SONIC TEAM modeled the beasts after the Native Motavians. I was just being creative. I didnt know I was also right on the meseta about my idea! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

F-o-x
Dec 10, 2005, 01:08 PM
Jeez get a room you two. Recently you've been bickering like an old married couple...

I'm just kidding around of course. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2005-12-10 12:09 ]</font>

SirAri
Dec 10, 2005, 01:14 PM
Also, keep in mind that the cast class will be alot more varied in this version than that of the previous versions. This would allow you to make a robotic version of your other characters. An idea I plan to take advantage of.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirAri on 2005-12-10 10:48 ]</font>

Para
Dec 10, 2005, 02:22 PM
I have the strangest feeling that Beast females (especially the npc ones we've seen) will be popular among the japanese people seeming that a lot of the japanese love playing as a RAmarl and making their RAmarl sizes really small and cute.

I might for for a newman ranger/hunter hybrid.

F-o-x
Dec 10, 2005, 03:31 PM
Hmm. SirAri I had originally planned to make a secondary firearms character that was human but had forgotten about that fact. If I can make a cast that looks exactly the same as my human (Or at least close) I think I may do that. It would give me the chance to experience another race as well.

DavidNel
Dec 10, 2005, 06:57 PM
I am hoping to make my character as much like me as possible...

5'11''

138 pounds

"short" brown hair

pants...

This is sorta what I look like
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/davidnel/bd73c887.jpg

+10 pounds

with blond highlights (don't have now) now my hair is a little longer

My nose is a little shorter now

SirAri
Dec 11, 2005, 09:09 AM
On 2005-12-10 12:31, F-o-x wrote:
Hmm. SirAri I had originally planned to make a secondary firearms character that was human but had forgotten about that fact. If I can make a cast that looks exactly the same as my human (Or at least close) I think I may do that. It would give me the chance to experience another race as well.

Theres also more appeal for the cast race now because they aret just mindless robots now. Now acording to what i've read, they have free will and feeling. Which is always a plus.

OdinTyler
Dec 11, 2005, 01:12 PM
Actually, casts always had freewill & feeling. All you need do is meet the various androids throughout different PSO missions. Some get agitated or sad, lonely, worrisome, etc. They have feelings. Maybe its not picked up by everyone, due to how the script was written. But, it IS there. People just seem to notice it more since the casts have 'rebelled'. Elenor & Ult are the best examples of 'feeling casts'. No doubt there.

SirAri
Dec 11, 2005, 01:36 PM
On 2005-12-11 10:12, OdinTyler wrote:
Actually, casts always had freewill & feeling. All you need do is meet the various androids throughout different PSO missions. Some get agitated or sad, lonely, worrisome, etc. They have feelings. Maybe its not picked up by everyone, due to how the script was written. But, it IS there. People just seem to notice it more since the casts have 'rebelled'. Elenor & Ult are the best examples of 'feeling casts'. No doubt there.

I suppose your right. The Ult and Elenor mission had to be the most irritating one that I can remember. But for the most part, werent robots possessions of humans? Emotions yes, but free will, not really?

uhawww
Dec 11, 2005, 02:50 PM
Anyone else find it at least a slight bit metaphysical that all of the non-human playable races are all human creations?

(As for what class I'll choose, I'm torn between Newman or Beast)

SirAri
Dec 11, 2005, 05:09 PM
On 2005-12-11 11:50, uhawww wrote:
Anyone else find it at least a slight bit metaphysical that all of the non-human playable races are all human creations?

(As for what class I'll choose, I'm torn between Newman or Beast)

Not really. Were already experimenting with genes and the like in modern times, whose to say that we wont try to make super-humans and such in the distant future.

Chances are, its being looked into as we speak.

Rion772
Dec 12, 2005, 12:24 AM
I'm torn between gun and blade...

SirAri
Dec 12, 2005, 08:00 AM
On 2005-12-11 21:24, Rion772 wrote:
I'm torn between gun and blade...

You don't need to be torn! You can use both in the new game at the same time. ^_^

Kupi
Dec 12, 2005, 10:40 AM
So long as you want to use dinky versions of both weapons, sure. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

fronebullare
Dec 12, 2005, 11:21 AM
My SIG says it all.Then i'll try a beast.

SirAri
Dec 12, 2005, 05:41 PM
On 2005-12-12 07:40, Kupi wrote:
So long as you want to use dinky versions of both weapons, sure. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My character will be so valiant, he shall carry a +50 Canon in one hand, and a long sword in the other. For I shall be t3h r0xx0rz.

Not really.

But its an interesting idea to contemplate. XD

DizzyDi
Dec 12, 2005, 11:01 PM
Like most folks I plan on trying all characters at least until lvl 10, but my main will be a Human. He'll probably use knuckles,blades,and spears, if it fits my playstyle. I want him to have high attack, evasion, and magic, but we'll see how things work out.

Niki
Dec 12, 2005, 11:08 PM
So, um, the Humans and Cast seem to use a variant of the PSO typeface, the Beast are given to a script-like typeface, and the Newmen use...kanji? Not to mention the garb of Communion members such as Izuma and Dohgi. Sometimes i wonder...if ST is trying to make a statement in regards to the morality/spiritualism of the East?

OdinTyler
Dec 13, 2005, 12:14 AM
The Church of Graal seems to have a very traditional Japanese garb for their members. No surprise they will stem Graal beliefs & customs from that. Also keep in mind where the game comes from: a land of Shinto AND Buddhism. No surprise here. Ive been studying the Far East over half my life. I welcome it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Niki
Dec 13, 2005, 12:27 AM
Hm, yes i suppose its better for them to make a statement in regards to their own affairs as opposed to the price of cheese in Denmark or somesuch cliche.

I guess the purveyance of ideologies in the context of PSU's story remains yet to be seen, but i can't say it wouldn't leave a bad taste in my mouth.

As usual, i'm just jumping to conclusions. Can't blame the Newmen, it's not their fault.

Para
Dec 13, 2005, 12:34 AM
Hmm I wonder how stat growth will be determined??? Add them in any catagory as you please like many other games like diablo 2?

OdinTyler
Dec 13, 2005, 12:37 AM
I wish we knew about how stats change but theyve yet to tell us. As for Japanese media, it seems alot tends to have connections to Shinto, Buddhism, Confucianism, Christianity & quite a few other religions & philosophies. If you cant get ppl to go to school for it, put it in a movie or game. That gets a person's attention real quick. Besides, I like the new clothing newmen get. Better than the laughable clothes FOnewms once had. That was just wrong...funny, but, wrong...

Niki
Dec 13, 2005, 01:10 AM
On 2005-12-12 21:37, OdinTyler wrote:

Besides, I like the new clothing newmen get. Better than the laughable clothes FOnewms once had. That was just wrong...funny, but, wrong...

So true.

Eclypse
Dec 14, 2005, 07:24 PM
I'm probably going to re-roll my HUnewearl from PSOX, and then after getting her leveled up nicely, I will start making alts.

ANIMEniac
Dec 14, 2005, 08:38 PM
On 2005-12-12 22:10, Niki wrote:

On 2005-12-12 21:37, OdinTyler wrote:

Besides, I like the new clothing newmen get. Better than the laughable clothes FOnewms once had. That was just wrong...funny, but, wrong...

So true.

to me the FOnewms where always jesters, even if you tried to make them rerious, their walk and outfit ruined it. im actualy looking forward to what Male Newman (forgive my new school spelling) will look like not only as a force but a "hunter" or "ranger"

DeathKnight
Dec 14, 2005, 09:50 PM
definitely going for my good 'ol Casts first off. favorite no contest. HP regen and high Str, definitely something i love. i don't think i'll even need the magic capabilities much but i'll use 'em once i can.

haha, i know what you mean about the newmans. i hated the FOnewm character design in PSO >.< it'll be good to see the change

OdinTyler
Dec 15, 2005, 09:27 AM
I just hope the casts's newly acquired MST is put to good (& smart) usage. Id like to see a return of android-skills like Wren & Demi used in PSIV. That would definitely be a motivating factor to use a cast in PSU. Maybe raising MST will give better synchro for your PM or in conjunction with the SUV weps, providing for better dmg? Who knows?

DeathKnight
Dec 15, 2005, 09:46 AM
true, true. i guess i'll have to see what it effects first and see if it'll have any bearing on what i'm planning to do. but yeah, once i can use spells and such i'm gonna do so. no point in wasting the talents i've got http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif however small it is.

Rion772
Dec 15, 2005, 07:53 PM
On 2005-12-12 07:40, Kupi wrote:

Yeah that's what I'm talking about, I want my character to be good at 1 thing, not only decent at 2 things.

Havn't been here in a week or 2 also...

2D
Jan 7, 2006, 07:32 PM
A Cast. Most likekly.
Since im going to go with guns.But are they immune to some effects like the older versions?