PDA

View Full Version : GC: Should I Buy PSO for Gamecube?

tbmes11
Sep 23, 2005, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I started playing PSO back in the DC days but eventually had to stop when the server was taken down. I loved this game and now that I have a GC I am thinking about playing it again. I would appreciated if some of you can answer some questions about my concerns. Thanks!

1. Are there still many people playing online for GC?
2. Which game should I buy, Ver 1 & 2 or Ver 1 & 2 plus?
3. Are there any more charges I should expect other than the big load of $$$ I will be spending for the game, broadband adapter, keyboard, and $8.95 for the hunters license?

I did some research lately and got hopes up for playing it again. I stumbled onto this site and after reading some of the forum I got some concerns. Mostly in not enough people online to team up for missions. Any information you guys can give me on cheats would be helpful. My experience playing PSO on DC would have been more fun if not some many people duped like crazy.

Thanks!

Fanta
Sep 23, 2005, 07:56 PM
1. Theres enough to have a decent game, but for how long http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
2. PSO 1&2 (NOT PLUS)
3. No changes

metatime
Sep 23, 2005, 08:26 PM
1. The hacks and kiddie scripts in GC is not bad compare to the DC version. There are still people playing around (including me) that once you find someone, you can generally find more people.

2. You should try to get PSO plus if you can. If not just get regular PSO which is pretty much the same as plus.

3. All the cost that is listed is pretty much it.

If you are still concern about people or hacking or both, you get 1 month free when you pay for one month so basically you can try it for 2 months before you decide to commit for the other months.

_Tek_
Sep 23, 2005, 09:28 PM
If your PC is already able I guess you could try PSO BB, it would be cheaper in the end I think. But if your PC is crap then don't.

Mystil
Sep 24, 2005, 06:45 PM
Eh don't get the BB crap(being serious here). . . get GC and stick it out like the rest of us are.

Genoa
Sep 25, 2005, 07:53 AM
On 2005-09-24 16:45, Silhouette wrote:
Eh don't get the BB crap(being serious here). . . get GC and stick it out like the rest of us are.

What's up with BB Bashing? >_> GC is the one with the 100's of haxz0rz... if you don't have all teh ultimate ubber equipment... yur like.. a newb? Legits are scarce as f00k... Only thing I get mad at with BB is tweakerz... but u can't change that...

Charmander02
Sep 25, 2005, 08:01 AM
I already have it for GC..I dont have online but its good enough as is. Get Ep 1&2 since im not into the whole "Card" thingy in EP3 for GC.^_^

Spankster
Sep 25, 2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah. Get it.

There's still a large group of dedicated players on PSOGC.
I started playing online about a month ago, and I haven't been able to put my controller down since.

tbmes11
Sep 25, 2005, 12:57 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I look forward in joining up with some of you on PSO GC in the near future. Now I just need to get my game. I lost out on my Ebay auction yesterday but hope to win the next auction for the game this week.

If you see someone at lv 1 online next week with a name called -The Game- that would be me.

plasmacutter
Sep 26, 2005, 03:47 PM
If you lose your auction again and don't mind normal instead of plus, my friend just bought plus and has a redundant copy of normal just laying around. I might be able to arrange something.

Phazer
Sep 27, 2005, 10:07 PM
pso gc rocks, i might not be able to play online buti still have fun

ive gotten about 5 people into it and all of them love it, besides hackers can be helpful sometimes

Genoa
Sep 30, 2005, 03:37 PM
helpful hackers ..... err, >_>
anyways... GC is good, don't get me wrong.. but the population of hackers compared to legit makes onlie play almost no fun at all... Unless your legit with everything as good as the hackers >_> just takes all the fun out of the game... and 1/2 the items people wear... if not all, are not from their 0wn findings/trades...

Solo GC (offline multi) is my favorite GC gameplay
But I really like BB as well...

Luis
Sep 30, 2005, 08:15 PM
Get it right now!

boulianneM
Sep 30, 2005, 08:25 PM
I've got pso regular and not yet online , im going to get on this month, and i cant waity till i get it. even if you dont play online, the games is still one of my favoryte