PDA

View Full Version : Cursed with SectionIDs?

OdinTyler
Sep 23, 2005, 11:11 PM
So will we be cursed with trying to choose the right ID & still feel left out on items or will it be items that anyone can find (which would be alot easier). I cant tell ya the lvl of headaches I got getting the same old junk items over & over. Anyone have any thoughts or info on this?

Dre_o
Sep 23, 2005, 11:15 PM
My thoughts... deep and pointless, thoughts on the subject.... A section ID is good for when you find that one extermely rare item only on one ID then you're thanking it. When you can't find the one weapon you ever wanted, you curse it to hades.

As long as we can all find the same items, I think we can do without IDs on PSU.

________
drug tests (http://drugtestingkit.org)

OdinTyler
Sep 23, 2005, 11:25 PM
Idk if i found the one definining item for my respective IDs. Ya Id like to find great stuff but what I never got was: if say an ID drops a particular type of wep, how come you see other types your char CANT use just as much if not MORE than your ID specific weps? Never made sense to me. I believe the IDs should be done away with in favor of same spread for all. However, IDs for guilds, clans etc...idk some other purpose, could be fun. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_Tek_
Sep 23, 2005, 11:32 PM
I don't care if there are ID's or not. I just hope that I don't end up with 2 characters that ave teh same ID.

Kent
Sep 24, 2005, 01:48 AM
I've yet to see or hear anything about section IDs, but due to how the game works they probably won't be in any more.

Deus-Irae
Sep 24, 2005, 03:21 AM
On 2005-09-23 23:48, Kent wrote:
I've yet to see or hear anything about section IDs, but due to how the game works they probably won't be in any more.

why? how does the game work?

SubstanceD
Sep 24, 2005, 07:39 AM
As I mentioned in another topic. My main complaint about Section ID's in PSO was the fact that they were linked to your charcaters name which I thought was very stupid. I would have prefered it if we were alowed to chose which section ID we wanted manually during character customistaion.

Becuase section ID's were linked to your character's name, it forced me to shelve most of my prefered name choices since they would not give me the Section ID I wanted ( please don't suggest using Numbers after the name or using spaces, I don't do that ).

It's because of this that I have no real desire to see Section ID's return for PSU, at least not PSO method of asigning Section ID's.

I much rather have no Section ID's in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2005-09-24 05:41 ]</font>

Quo
Sep 24, 2005, 03:10 PM
Section IDs do add a certain depth to PSO. IMO, it would really suck if everyone got the same drops in the same places in PSU. I would like to see sectiond IDs or something similar in PSU. But it doesn't have to be linked to character's names. I think picking section IDs from a list would almost be a bit too easy, but then again, that's pretty much what we do when we tweak our characters' names. Meh.

OdinTyler
Sep 24, 2005, 05:40 PM
Maybe if we met up with certain npcs or got certain dungeon layouts for IDs that would be interesting. Affecting drops & forcing alternatives of spellings for the 'right' ID is preposterous. Id agree that Id much rather see the IDs gone or at least put to a better use. New game, new system, new setup. I think this is one change that could be good for us: no more IDs. LOL You cant know the frustration of seeing so many mechguns (& other types of guns) when youre a Force... :/

_Tek_
Sep 24, 2005, 05:54 PM
I think they should set it up with a universal drop rate, but instead of one specific rare per monster, there could be multiples. Say a "rappy" has 3 rares, one HU, RA, FO type. That would make sense right? So say on a huge boss after a quest, it could drop 1 of 3 uber rares(one for each style of play), or nothing jsut the same, OR ZENNY! (zenny sounds better, and I've forgetton how "mesestsa(sp*)" is spelled).

I think there will be less focus on rarity, or more focus on a weapons value. It seems psu will haave more weapon customizing, and grinding! Just a guess.

Dre_o
Sep 24, 2005, 06:52 PM
You cant know the frustration of seeing so many mechguns (& other types of guns) when youre a Force... :

Hahaha... You have even less of an idea of what it is to be a Sykyly FOnewearl don't you?

________
Yamaha IT200 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_IT200)

Quo
Sep 24, 2005, 09:29 PM
On 2005-09-24 15:54, _Tek_ wrote:

So each monster has 3 drops instead of the 10 we have now? Hmm, I'll take the section IDs.

_Tek_
Sep 24, 2005, 09:57 PM
That not rally what I meant. I was saying that instead of each monster dropping a single rare per ID, they could drop multiples, without having to be on seperate ID's.

So if you had a skyly ranger, all those swords would do you no good. Now what if instead no ID specialized in a single type. It wouldn't matter what ID you had you'd have equal chance of finding rare sword, canes, or guns. There'd be no need for ID, and no need for people to have to screw over good names to get certain ID's.

But then you couldn't really rare hunt for a specific item, since it would be so random. I suppose ST will do the right thing.

Kent
Sep 25, 2005, 02:43 AM
On 2005-09-24 01:21, Deus-Irae wrote:

On 2005-09-23 23:48, Kent wrote:

why? how does the game work?

From my understanding, you don't go and create a "game" like in PSO. You're in a city on whichever planet, and you find people and make a party, then go adventuring out of the city like that. So, instead of the world being generated once per game, and the ID of the game determined by the player who's been in it the longest, you just make a party and set out to kill stuff.

omegabuild
Sep 25, 2005, 03:28 AM
even if your leaving the city, thats stilla room being generated. the fact that theres only 6 per mission shows its probably a different subset of teh server, and most likely only created when the resources are needed. Even offline pso was repopulated everytime you warped, hence the monsters get back hp, and can become rare when you pipe.

as far as sectioon IDs they serve 2 main purposes, mapping a great amount of weapons, items, etc to a few monsters. And encouraging play online with others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegabuild on 2005-09-25 01:30 ]</font>

_Tek_
Sep 25, 2005, 11:53 AM
I believe you make a team of up to 6 then you are teleported to random place on the planet. This idea is synthezised in the game with the random map generating.

Kent
Sep 25, 2005, 03:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that specified as dungeons being randomly-generated?

_Tek_
Sep 25, 2005, 03:47 PM
dungeon, map, its the sme isn't it?

Kent
Sep 25, 2005, 04:38 PM
Nope... Dungeons are pretty much always distinguished from the overworld.

Spider
Sep 25, 2005, 07:17 PM
I like the way ID's work, it made making new characters on PSO more doable and what not. Not too far in BlueBurst, but I'm sure hunting out good players with certain ID's will be a part of the game too.

_Tek_
Sep 25, 2005, 08:37 PM
So kent, you think there will be vast fields then, where you can just destroy simple enemies, then you can enter certain different areas or dungeons that lead to a boss from there? That could be the way it might work.

Kent
Sep 26, 2005, 06:25 AM
That's what it sounds like, to me.

Think of it this way: If the overworld is random, and you need to get to a particular dungeon to be able to get a good amount of EXP for killing monsters, it'd just be tedious trying to find said dungeon every time your party sets out, wouldn't it?

Kinda like in PSO. If you need to be doing the caves for EXP, because it comes faster/in larger amounts than the forest, you just go trek through the forest offline, so you can do the caves whenever you want online. Except here, it's memorizing a path through the area, to the dungeon (making vehicles really handy for getting there faster), instead of PSO's style of unlocking said dungeon.

OdinTyler
Sep 26, 2005, 10:21 PM
Dre, trust me. I fully understand where youre coming from. I have a few...um...interesting choices for SectID mixed with race/class. Some make sense (or so I thought at the time), others were as superficial as 'the color matches the outfit.' As best as you try to match an ID with your class, it doesnt ever seem to quite work out the way you imagine.
As for how an 'in game' game is set up, based on my Sega experiences, it may very well run similar to PSO so expect to 'create a game' & go from there. My hope is that when you create your char you start on 1 of the 3 planets (based on race choice), not all starting on the same planet. If your race designates your starting planet, that would definitely spread out the players & ease up congestion (to a point). I feel it would encouraging of going to not only other locations on a particular planet, but going to other planets.
It hasnt been confirmed (to my knowledge) but do we have player controlled vehicles for online mode? If so, we could travel to other locations on a particular planet without necessarily having to go through the same spots over & over. If this is true, then there should be a spaceport for interplanetary travel. I have no idea how the setup is going to work til we have more info but the 'create a game' setup seems like something Sega would do (just on a greater level).

OdinTyler
Sep 26, 2005, 10:24 PM
LOL I just remembered what the subject line was & totally went off topic. Back to SectIDs, perhaps if the IDs went by clans of races or classes: 1 for a hunter clan, 1 for casters, etc it could work on say an ingame forum where you post generally what your char is & others looking for party members can check that way, so ppl can form their 2 fighters, 2 gunners, 2 casters grps (or however they form them). Just the fact that I forsee alot of interplanetary travel, if IDs are instituted, they should apply to finding grp members more than the actual loot we acquire as it seems to be a more global loot setup than before.

PhruitBaskit
Sep 27, 2005, 04:01 PM
I liked section IDs because they gave your chars one more depth to their identity than just a name and class. Though what I didn't like was how only specific IDs could find specific weapons. I would rather have no section IDs in favor of everyone being able to find every weapon (after all now everyone can USE every weapon).

Rion772
Sep 29, 2005, 05:21 AM
I kind of hate them, because I have 4 main characters (soon 5 for the real agito) and that's only because of section ID's, if i focused all on 1 character he would be lv 200 by now, those cursed ID's are really annoying when you realize you like the weapons another ID has!

StillOffline
Sep 29, 2005, 08:46 PM
yeah sure it was annoying to keep getting the same stuff over and over, but i think it promoted trade and team play a little bit more (except all the good stuff was duped so it didn't matter anyways, and the good stuff was so hard to get that if you did get one, you made a character who could use it).

Rion772
Sep 30, 2005, 05:35 AM
On 2005-09-29 18:46, StillOffline wrote:
yeah sure it was annoying to keep getting the same stuff over and over, but i think it promoted trade and team play a little bit more (except all the good stuff was duped so it didn't matter anyways, and the good stuff was so hard to get that if you did get one, you made a character who could use it).

yeah idk how to do that, I never went online yet, I plan on getting broadband soon so nothing lags for 5 minutes with this stupid dial-up.

ANIMEniac
Oct 5, 2005, 05:29 PM
I, as others, liked the section ID's because in the story, each hunter was assigned an ID for a section, i guess for placement and hunter team purpuses. so i would still like to see some sort of id but used more lax. As was on PSO you only found the rares of the leader, it would be cool to find rares of anybody's ID in the room. secondly, as if to get a new license, what if you could hold onto your ID for a period of time, then get it changed.

kazuma56
Oct 7, 2005, 04:54 AM
I liked I.D's because they made 2 people with the same name different (depending on spelling), and caused less confusion, when meeting someone for the first time.

I would like S.Id's to return, but if they plan on making it like PSO's style, i'd rather they make it that whomever kills said enemy gets that drop from their I.D, not from the party creators I.D.

For instance, Shururos(redria), my Hucast kills a rappy but instead of getting the leader Ciera's (purplenum), drop, i'd get the drop from my redria I.D instead of the purplenum drop for it, thus making a game of 6 people would be even more decisive because now everyone is involved in the rare droppings, not just 1 person.

A2K
Oct 11, 2005, 07:57 AM
The point of the Section ID system was not to frustrate users into having to pick a name based on the system--it was originally put in place to encourage trading and interaction between users.

Of course, that's not exactly how came down, was it? It doesn't seem like there will be a similar system in PSU, although I'm convinced they'll have something to handle the drops in there in one form or another. As to the nature of the system, that's all speculative... hell, it could be time-based, for all we know.

omegabuild
Oct 11, 2005, 09:18 AM
well trading was crap on pso do to teh hacked and cheated up nature of the game. hopefully this time they ll get it right

Rion772
Oct 11, 2005, 04:57 PM
If there is going to be Section ID's i'd prefer there we're more they pick up similiar items.

An example would be you don't need to create a Purplenum just to get the Yasminkov9000m, and most characters could get it maybe just drop rates we're different.

Also drop rates annoyed me. I killed over 1900 Vulmers for my Chain Sawd, instead of it being 1/1051 everytime...it should stack after each kill, just maybe the drop rates could be lower so it takes like 1500 kills for a Chain Sawd...or...I don't know.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 12, 2005, 12:30 PM
On 2005-10-11 14:57, Rion772 wrote:
If there is going to be Section ID's i'd prefer there we're more they pick up similiar items.

An example would be you don't need to create a Purplenum just to get the Yasminkov9000m, and most characters could get it maybe just drop rates we're different.

Also drop rates annoyed me. I killed over 1900 Vulmers for my Chain Sawd, instead of it being 1/1051 everytime...it should stack after each kill, just maybe the drop rates could be lower so it takes like 1500 kills for a Chain Sawd...or...I don't know.

I would like section IDs on PSU as long as they didn't affect the items you can find. I would also like it more if you just killed a certain amount of enemies to get an item instead of a drop rate saying 1/1051 and then you end up killing over 1900 enemies before you get the item.

OdinTyler
Oct 12, 2005, 03:43 PM
Are there actually Chainsawds on the GC version? I had it back on DC but havent found one as of yet on GC. If someone knows how, pls let me know. I & a friend would be most interested to know. As the only one here who seems to be really against the IDs (didnt get to trade much as I was busy avoiding the hackers), the IDs (if present in PSU) could be along the line of my friend's idea (tho I thought something similar too). He said what if represented how you play. Since ppl say they will be more hunter-like or force-like, etc maybe in choosing as such you can join a 'guild' in game & that will be your ID. This would be more implicative of the word 'section' for one's SectionID. To add to that, it could also represent one's homeworld or allegiance: good, evil, or indifferent.

Rion772
Oct 12, 2005, 05:52 PM
On 2005-10-12 13:43, OdinTyler wrote:
Are there actually Chainsawds on the GC version? I had it back on DC but havent found one as of yet on GC. If someone knows how, pls let me know. I & a friend would be most interested to know. As the only one here who seems to be really against the IDs (didnt get to trade much as I was busy avoiding the hackers), the IDs (if present in PSU) could be along the line of my friend's idea (tho I thought something similar too). He said what if represented how you play. Since ppl say they will be more hunter-like or force-like, etc maybe in choosing as such you can join a 'guild' in game & that will be your ID. This would be more implicative of the word 'section' for one's SectionID. To add to that, it could also represent one's homeworld or allegiance: good, evil, or indifferent.

You can get the Chain Sawd in GC:

Skyly - Ultimate Caves - Vulmer - 1/1051 drop rate, its best if you do the addicting food quest over and over again.