PDA

View Full Version : Parasitic Gene

Saigan
Sep 24, 2005, 02:58 PM
Ok ok ok, I know that the drop rate for the gene is set to 0%. My question concerns the japanese player who supposedly found one. Does anyone know how it was proved he got it legitimately or ANY information at all on when it happened?

My theory is that something still hasn't been tested to activate Olga's drop rates for the fight. Its just speculation but if one person can find it legitimately it cannot be impossible right?

Saiffy
Sep 24, 2005, 03:00 PM
He made it up, plain and simple.

I'm not going to even go into this again. I'll just leave it at, it can't be found, it never will be found, end of story.

Note: I realise ST could activate it on BB, but until they have, you cannot get it.

Charmander02
Sep 25, 2005, 04:01 PM
Ive seen Heathcliff before... i heard if you see him in Ult. then thats where you supposedly get it. But i heard it from a crappy source...you still might want to try it out though.^_^

Corey
Sep 25, 2005, 05:36 PM
On 2005-09-25 14:01, Charmander02 wrote:
Ive seen Heathcliff before... i heard if you see him in Ult. then thats where you supposedly get it. But i heard it from a crappy source...you still might want to try it out though.^_^

Flowen drops you an (imaginary) good-bye and goes to heaven.

What I mean is he doesn't drop squat.
Yep, crappy source. Don't waste your time trying to find out

Jason
Sep 25, 2005, 06:33 PM
On 2005-09-25 15:36, Corey wrote:

On 2005-09-25 14:01, Charmander02 wrote:

Flowen drops you an (imaginary) good-bye and goes to heaven.

What I mean is he doesn't drop squat.
Yep, crappy source. Don't waste your time trying to find out

Meeting Rico there. <3

Dana
Oct 1, 2005, 07:07 AM
I found one..

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Look anyone can say it, it just take one person to believe them...Why must topic like this be made...

OVER and OVER again..

simple

Doesn't exsist

NEVER DID

NEVER WILL(on GC anyways)

2/3 OF the items are worse then a Saber...<< THE NORMAL SABER!!!

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Cute!

He simply lied!

Saigan
Oct 14, 2005, 06:29 PM
People also used to say it was impossible to unseal a J-Sword.

Dhylec
Oct 14, 2005, 09:13 PM
Saigan wrote:

Very very optimistic attitude!
Look in the sticky in MQI, did you count how many ways people have come up & tested to unseal that weapons.. and failed? That is until Bary discovered & revealed the method to unseal it.

Now if you can think of a list of possibilties & able to test all of that theories. Then, maybe maybe you can find an answer to getting that gene. Go on, you'll need quite some time. Good luck. ;3

Ketchup345
Oct 14, 2005, 10:23 PM
On 2005-10-14 16:29, Saigan wrote:

J-Sword was different, in that there was something extra needed.

Flowen has a rate to drop the PG:F, but he can't drop any items at all. The SJS just needs kills to unseal (it did have a kill counter, its just that 99% of the SJSs out there were hacked without the counter).

Saigan
Oct 15, 2005, 01:38 PM
While he does have that darn DAR of 0% I'm sure there is something you an say (kinda like in the KB quest) or do to activate the DAR.

And I am still testing theories... I've already tested twice as many as I'd prefer. I just don't think ST would take the time to give an enemy a rare drop without any way to unlock its DAR.

Course, that's just me. I didn't start this thread for people to tell me its not possible... I've kinda heard that response before. I am only throwing ideas out there and hoping to stimulate more ideas.

Delfi
Oct 15, 2005, 10:13 PM
Have you ever heard of Molly Lee ??

A dead witch whose grave lies not too far from where i live - it is said that if you go to her grave on hallows eve (halloween to english)... and walk around her grave anticlockwise and chant 3 times "Molly Lee chase me around the apple tree" - her ghost will rise and chase you around the graveyard - even though theres no apple tree - its a well known MYTH - just about everyone in my county and its neighbouring counties knows about this.

However just note i said its a MYTH just like the PGF - get used to it. As for your want of theories well we could come up with them forever and a day but whats the point, in saying something and hope that just by chance it will work - or give others hope or inspiration of it working when you know darn well the odds of it actually working are probabaly 1/1230980213 or something like that?

It cant be found _ EVER plz start believing us when we tell you that!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delfi on 2005-10-15 20:15 ]</font>

ANIMEniac
Oct 16, 2005, 10:51 PM
ok ok so i hear everyone yelling at the dude like he is a noob saying that the PGF cant be found. but why was the drop taken away. what mad ST say "this drop isent a good idea so lets take it off. and no one say it was never there cause if thts the case then how would the haxxors get the dark weapons because they must have pulled up the program from somewhere.

VioletSkye
Oct 16, 2005, 10:59 PM
On 2005-10-16 20:51, ANIMEniac wrote:
ok ok so i hear everyone yelling at the dude like he is a noob saying that the PGF cant be found. but why was the drop taken away. what mad ST say "this drop isent a good idea so lets take it off. and no one say it was never there cause if thts the case then how would the haxxors get the dark weapons because they must have pulled up the program from somewhere.

Considering that Itemmodding methods weren't publically released until well after the PGF was available from dupers, my belief is that it was originally created via packet editting. Once created it was duped to hell and back. Considering how few people could edit PSO packets early on, I've always wondered if Barubary wasn't responsible (at least in part) for a lot of the early hacked items like PGF, Tsumikiri etc.

A final thought is that Baru could also have created an earlier itemmodding code for AR and used that to make items instead of packet editting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-10-16 21:00 ]</font>

Saigan
Oct 17, 2005, 11:31 AM
*sigh* no one paid attention when I said that I've heard it can't be found. If you don't have any ideas then don't bloody post. If no one has any ideas then the topic will go away and you won't be nagged with the temptation to say "it's not possible"... again.
Can't a 185 have a damned hobby?

SLON
Oct 18, 2005, 06:40 AM
This topic does not go away, that is the problem

Saigan
Oct 18, 2005, 01:41 PM
Probably because its 90% "it doesn't drop bumps" like I asked TWICE already. Please only paste IDEAS about how to get the gene.

Ryna
Oct 18, 2005, 03:30 PM
If you do not have an original (not-so-outlandish) idea on how to acquire the Parasite Gene Flow, stay out of this thread. If the OP wishes to spend his time testing out new theories, that is his prerogative. If the Gene Flow is unobtainable, people will run out of ideas and this thread will eventually die.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-10-18 13:32 ]</font>

Derek0660
Oct 29, 2005, 04:32 PM
Sorry if this is bumping. I didn't count the days, but i think it's ok.
Before you shoot down my idea, make sure you KNOW it isn't right.
WHAT IF the last kill that was required to unseal the j-sword was on either Ogla or Falz? That may enable the drop of the Red Ring or PG:F. You never know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-10-29 14:33 ]</font>

Saigan
Oct 29, 2005, 08:33 PM
I suppose it's a possibility like any other theory and I just happen to have a Sealed-J sword. The problem lies in keeping track of kills and knowing the EXACT number of kills so that you have 22,999 when you go in to fight Falz.
If there were a way to check the kills counter I'd love to know it.