PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz Cloning move

Sizzors
Sep 24, 2005, 05:20 PM
Me and my brother decided that since the Olga Flow on Hard was impossible for us(:() we would try the Dark Falz on VH. WEll we did pretty good, despite him forgeting Trifliuds... And then we got to the Last part, and were doing good. He was cloned and taken with the Ugly thingy but he had gotten Invunerability from his Nidra. So I was like: "you can't be hurt, beat the @#$!ing !@&^ out of him"

But what happened, was that he died, 1 combo from my Vulcans and his HP drained to 0. THAT is my problem, he was invincible, why'd he die? I even got cloned and started hitting him with my Crush Bullet(need gush...) and it said that it was doing 45 damage, and I was getting about 60 HP. Yet, as I looked at it, my HP was going DOWN, I need that to be explained as well.

Cynric
Sep 24, 2005, 06:19 PM
When Falz grabs a player's soul, any damage done to him is also done to said player. Invincibility or not.

Saffran
Sep 24, 2005, 07:11 PM
One thing to remember: Falz gets the magic resistance of the character he's possessing. That can be a pain when he's possessing me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Orangepeel
Sep 24, 2005, 08:30 PM
Does that mean if he possesses you, and you have 0 EDK, you can Megid him?

KodiaX987
Sep 24, 2005, 10:58 PM
Nope. In fact, logic says that all bosses are invulnerable to Megid. That's pretty much a rule of RPG.

Falz's possession involves him literally doing a reversal on you. That means it's not a question of you taking the damage he takes, but rather you getting attacked back by your own bullets. So, since your DFP was lower than his, you took more damage.

Crokar
Sep 24, 2005, 11:43 PM
whats funny is him having your soul and you killing yourself for the heck of it doing over 1000 damage and having like 700 hp

Sizzors
Sep 25, 2005, 10:46 AM
Hmm, so that means that I was sucking HP out of myself? That's cheap beyond belief...

Cynric
Sep 25, 2005, 11:12 AM
On 2005-09-25 08:46, Sizzors wrote:
Hmm, so that means that I was sucking HP out of myself? That's cheap beyond belief...

Well he is the final boss.

Sizzors
Sep 25, 2005, 11:43 AM
Still, I mean, not even the Olga Flow can do anything that cheasy. he's worse than the Sil Dragon's "touch-me-or-my-ice-pits-and-I'll-freeze-you" stategy isn't THAT cheap.

Cynric
Sep 25, 2005, 11:46 AM
Actually Olga Flow has the exact same move with a twist in Hard and up.

Galapopik
Sep 25, 2005, 11:48 AM
Yes, cheap is the word. If RPG bosses aren't one-hit KO'ing you, going invulnerable, or teleporting all over the place, they're making it so you can't even safely do any damage. You'd think the designers could come up with some ways to make bosses difficult based on skill rather than cheap gimmicks. Alas, after so many years of it, you just have to get used to it.

Saiffy
Sep 25, 2005, 12:12 PM
Alas, ST can't be as smart as you. They only designed the game, all the mechanics, all the textures and sounds. Surely they have something to learn still, right? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

As an added note, I find it funny when people complain bosses are too easy. If they made them any harder, guess what people would complain about. People need to stop the ST bashing already. They're trying to make a profit, they're not gonna spend hours upon hours upon hours designing a boss fight(On top of the hours they already put in to design what we have) that you like 100%. Sheesh. >_>

Sizzors
Sep 25, 2005, 12:59 PM
I'm not complaining, well, actually yes I am. It's just so cheasy. It's nott ST's fualt, I'm just not used to RPGs.

KodiaX987
Sep 25, 2005, 02:19 PM
Guys, in case you haven't figured out already, just stop shooting when Falz does the cloning move.

That's what we've been doing since Version 1 at least... o_O

Skorpius
Sep 25, 2005, 02:28 PM
On 2005-09-25 12:19, KodiaX987 wrote:
Guys, in case you haven't figured out already, just stop shooting when Falz does the cloning move.

Or heal before you kill yourself.

Sayara
Sep 25, 2005, 02:28 PM
That or Resta Tagging if you got a friend, or your a Human.

Stan
Sep 25, 2005, 02:35 PM
Just use mechs with an HP draining special http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Sizzors
Sep 25, 2005, 02:37 PM
On 2005-09-25 12:19, KodiaX987 wrote:

Well, yes, I know how to keep myself from dying. But my force was invincible via a mag ability, and he still died.

Cynric
Sep 25, 2005, 02:39 PM
Your point? Falz's soul steal bypasses invincibility. Get over it, fight him again, and this time don't attack him when he uses that move.

Sizzors
Sep 25, 2005, 02:42 PM
Oh no I already beat him. I don't really care, I was just wondering if the game was cheating me or not. Then we got into the whole RPG final bosses being cheap.

KodiaX987
Sep 25, 2005, 02:55 PM
On 2005-09-25 12:35, Stan wrote:
Just use mechs with an HP draining special http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

On 2005-09-24 15:20, Sizzors wrote:
I even got cloned and started hitting him with my Crush Bullet(need gush...) and it said that it was doing 45 damage, and I was getting about 60 HP. Yet, as I looked at it, my HP was going DOWN.

Punt!

Scejntjynahl
Sep 26, 2005, 11:22 AM
Not all bosses are cheap. And some games out there have ingenous bosses that were fun to battle. Falz and Olga are really just survive while you shoot at it tacticts.

Other RPG bosses have little unknown weaknesses you can exploit, and thus enhance the chances of you defeating it quickly.

But a boss I liked was in Super Metroid, the Lobster Boss (forgot his name). See you moved super slow because you in water while the boss moved fast. You had to shoot powered up shots, missiles, super missiles at its abdomen. It was tedious and long, he would spit goo that stuck you to floor, and he would grab you and pound you with its tail. Here is the best part. There were some guns at the side of the wall, that you could destroy... well... when the boss grabs you and beats you with tail... you would shoot your grappling hook into one of the destroyed turrets... and electricity would damage you BUT kill the boss in seconds! Talk about Lobster Dinner Nuked Style http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif That to me was golden. A boss you could beat slowly with your array of weapons, or a boss you could zap to death instantly just by sacrificing a few points of your life.

But I suppose that to compare an offline single player boss to an online multiplayer boss is unfair. But I think they could have been a bit more ingenous.. like having Falz or Olga absorb certain tech or physical attacks to regain HP, but if you use the right attack at the right moment you do crazy damage on it. Reminds me of those Knights Bosses in ep3.

Saigan
Sep 26, 2005, 03:26 PM
Anyone else here still hate those Knight b@st@rds? I know I do.

Monomate
Sep 26, 2005, 07:58 PM
On 2005-09-26 09:22, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Not all bosses are cheap. And some games out there have ingenous bosses that were fun to battle. Falz and Olga are really just survive while you shoot at it tacticts.

Other RPG bosses have little unknown weaknesses you can exploit, and thus enhance the chances of you defeating it quickly.

But a boss I liked was in Super Metroid, the Lobster Boss (forgot his name). See you moved super slow because you in water while the boss moved fast. You had to shoot powered up shots, missiles, super missiles at its abdomen. It was tedious and long, he would spit goo that stuck you to floor, and he would grab you and pound you with its tail. Here is the best part. There were some guns at the side of the wall, that you could destroy... well... when the boss grabs you and beats you with tail... you would shoot your grappling hook into one of the destroyed turrets... and electricity would damage you BUT kill the boss in seconds! Talk about Lobster Dinner Nuked Style http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif That to me was golden. A boss you could beat slowly with your array of weapons, or a boss you could zap to death instantly just by sacrificing a few points of your life.

But I suppose that to compare an offline single player boss to an online multiplayer boss is unfair. But I think they could have been a bit more ingenous.. like having Falz or Olga absorb certain tech or physical attacks to regain HP, but if you use the right attack at the right moment you do crazy damage on it. Reminds me of those Knights Bosses in ep3.

this just makes me want Super Metroid even more...

that is freaking Genius!!!

Sizzors
Sep 26, 2005, 08:11 PM
I broke my ye old nintendo. Stop reminding me that I can't play that...